• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Importance of Soda with Gaming

I've found lately, I miss the experience of soda with my gaming. I cant game nearly as long because of this. I cant drink in the room im staying in so there goes that idea. Game sessions have been short for me :(

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I always prefer gaming when I think to supply myself with soda and cracker like snacks such as cheesits.

Alex

Not so much for me anymore, although I think I have an unhealthy 7-up addiction...

And yes, to the goons: It's pop, not soda.

Cheezits? Ew, your controllers must reek.

Im one of those *DONT EAT AND TOUCH MY CONTROLLERS GO WASH YOUR HANDS NOW NOW NOW* kinda gamers.

Fuse: Been rooming with relatives while I attended school in AZ. When I move to my place in WA its gonna be soda all the time in my room forever amen.

Senretsu

Which soda are we talking about here?

I used to drink soda but I found out that the more I drink pop the quicker you have to go to the bathroom and that means less game time for me.

(and it is Pop :))

AntoneM

MrAngryFace said:
Cheezits? Ew, your controllers must reek.

Im one of those *DONT EAT AND TOUCH MY CONTROLLERS GO WASH YOUR HANDS NOW NOW NOW* kinda gamers.

Fuse: Been rooming with relatives while I attended school in AZ. When I move to my place in WA its gonna be soda all the time in my room forever amen.

Shit MAF I was looking for a roomate for months and all this time you're living with your goddamned relatives!

I usually throw down a Mt Dew or Code Red at night while I'm playing games. Especially PC games. Don't know why. Enhances the experience.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I usually have myself a jug of Arizona green tea and some original style goldfish crackers. Good game snacking.

Red Bull is bunk by the way.

Tellaerin

RevenantKioku said:
Red Bull is bunk by the way.

Red Bull's got a nice healthy amount of caffeine in it. It's more convenient than coffee when you don't feel like fixing a pot, or when it's just too hot for coffee in the first place (like it's been for most of this summer). I prefer the taste of Bawls, but it's tough to find where I am, while practically every mom-and-pop store carries Red Bull, so that's what I end up getting most of the time.

Now let people enjoy their beverages of choice in peace. :p

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Tellaerin said:
Now let people enjoy their beverages of choice in peace. :p

NEVER! Since the asses always have to pimp they're drinking Red Bull. Not referring to this thread.
Red Bull and Linux zealots seem to go hand in hand.
But I don't want to spoil this good thread anymore.

lordmrw

Give me a Pepsi and some Pringles and I'm all set for a few hours. Nothing beats that. Well, getting your dick sucked while your gaming would, but how often does that happen.

RevenantKioku said:
NEVER! Since the asses always have to pimp they're drinking Red Bull. Not referring to this thread.
Red Bull and Linux zealots seem to go hand in hand.
But I don't want to spoil this good thread anymore.

*thinks back to that pyramid of Red Bull cans and shudders*

Fusebox

Banned
Booze and fps make my head spin.

Actually its fine and I do really well .... until I get lost or killed and then my head starts spinning and I feel spewy and I have to log off.

I swore off soda about four years ago. Haven't touched it since my 23rd birthday. The two weeks after stopping (I was a hardcore drinker mind you) I lost like 15 pounds.

But I do miss it...

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
bjork said:
Yeah, if you're over age 60.
I thought it was the other way around. I never ever say "soda". That sounds like such a 50s thing to say.

Miguel

Pop = Canadian, and old people. Not much difference I say.

Soda = Everywhere but Texas.

Coke = Texas

Vendor: "What do you want?"
Guy 1: "Coke"
Vendor: "What kind?"
Guy 1: "Coca-cola"
Guy 2: "Let me have a coke too"
Guy 2: "Orange"
Vendor: "That'll be 2.16"

bjork

Miguel said:
Pop = Canadian, and old people. Not much difference I say.

Soda = Everywhere but Texas.

Coke = Texas

Vendor: "What do you want?"
Guy 1: "Coke"
Guy 1: "Coca-cola"
Guy 2: "Let me have a coke too"
Guy 2: "Orange"
Vendor: "That'll be 2.16"

IAWTP

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
total-county.gif

Dilbert

If I have even one beer while playing a FPS, my performance goes WAY down. If I feel like playing seriously -- which is pretty much all the time -- then I don't drink and play.

I hate soda with a passion, so I don't miss it while gaming. A nice cup of coffee in the morning while gaming is great, and improves the reflexes.

I've never said soda or pop. just drink: "hey, do you want a drink?". this applies to water, juice, booze, etc... soda and pop both sound strange to me - the worst being those rare folk who say both at once - soda pop.

Top Bottom