• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Today's "Our Society is FUCKING RETARDED" news, Disney is remaking Snow White without the Dwarves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?

Soodanim

As awkward as I think it might be for them to have a live action Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, what stereotypes about dwarfs did Snow White perpetuate?

That they’re miners?
That they are assigned a name based on one trait that becomes their personality and ethos towards life?
That they like to live together in odd numbered groups and live in a house in the woods with a normal girl?

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
As awkward as I think it might be for them to have a live action Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, what stereotypes about dwarfs did Snow White perpetuate?

That they’re miners?
That they are assigned a name based on one trait that becomes their personality and ethos towards life?
That they like to live together in odd numbered groups and live in a house in the woods with a normal girl?

That they are short. You can now identify as a different height.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
45MjtWf.gif

RoboFu

One of the green rats
No one likes the real life versions anyway so they are just using their low tier crap to virtue signal.

Encanto in the other hand is absolutely a masterpiece.

clem84

Gold Member
This is the new meaning of "woke" in 2022? Exclusion? This is a really strange decision. If they would have made the dwarves different and celebrated their differences, I think it would have satisfied people's sensitivities about the subject. Removing them altogether seems to be contrary to the movement.

I guess making sense of wokeism is a lost cause anyway.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Imagine such a violent and hateful attack by Disney against the stunning and brave group of people who are affected by Dwarfism by publicly announcing they are ashamed such people exist and instead must whitewash and marginalize them with another name. They could go as far as not accepting people who are affected by Dwarfism in the casting call since they will all be replaced by CGI with mo-capped children sourced from the happy and free Uyghur Muslim population from the glorious Xinjiang PRC land of milk and honey.

NinjaBoiX

Who gives a shit, boohoo the shitty snow white movie you werent going to watch is being made with a more socially conscious touch. Whining about it makes you seem like more of s snow flake than the people making this movie
I don’t think the issue is that this change might spoil the movie, more the reason behind the change.

The issue in my mind is that creativity seems to becoming more and more stymied by this relentless virtue signalling march to see that nobody is in the least bit offended, in any way, shape or form, by utterly innocuous factors. The intent doesn’t seem to matter anymore, you just need to steer the ship into calmer waters.

“Somebody complained that they’re offended.”

“Oh shit! Someone was offended? Let’s not look at this objectively at all then. Their offence, however misguided, takes precedence over any and all creative freedom.”

It’s a slow, inevitable trudge towards homogenised banality.

TLDR:

Wokeism and creativity don't go together.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Because Peter Dinklage threw a temper tantrum. Sorry bud that your disability is named after a mythological creature.

Sounds like he's got a short temper, a little humility goes a long way when faced with something so low down on the short list, its dwarfed by much larger problems in society today so there's no need for him to get up such a height about it. Quite small minded of him really.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Here I thought dwarfism was the acceptable term? I never understood how that was meant to be less offensive than midget

I do get where Dinklage is coming from and I don't consider his stance woke at all. Kids with dwarfism and even adults would likely have one of the toughest types of life. From genuine health issues to constant mockery. Not some imaginary gender identification for victimhood seekers

I dont know if they name magical dwarves after the real condition or the other way around but it seems like such an unneeded mockery that results in real life traumas

Yoboman

Where was Dinklage’s enlightened sensitivities in this scene?

Wonder how long until this scene is cut on digital.

He wanted to be an actor and got the parts he could get. Not his fault up until Games of Thrones all dwarf roles were used as a punchline

chromhound

They will probably remove the kissing scene and also the apple. The dwarfs will be replaced with people from different ethnicities lol

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Wasn't there some Dinklage centric thriller released in theaters a couple years ago?

Was that bomba?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom