• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

Celine

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Yep, I knew the twin kick existed in Captain Tsubasa, with Mark Lender and Oliver :lol

But doing it with the goalie :lol

Well, I never liked blitzball. And theres a Captan Tsubasa game right know for DS in europe :)
Also yep, its MADLY populart here.
I seem to remember that Benji actually scored a goal in some kind of turnament.

archnemesis said:
While the game is similar to Blitzball, one has much greater control over what actually happens during a match in Inazuma Eleven. There are two types of matches in the game, battles and shiai, or matches. Battles are four on four games and are the random encounters of this RPG, while matches are full on 11 on 11 games and are similar to boss battles. Each opposing school is themed and the character designs are quite clever and amusing. Gameplay can use the Dpad outside of games and battles, but the meat of the game uses the touchpad exclusively. Using the touchpad, one can maneuver any character on the screen as one likes. Setting up nice runs and give gos is a simple as drawing lines for your characters to run.​
- Review: Inazuma Eleven

I also really enjoyed Blitzball in Final Fantasy X and I'll post my impressions when I get my copy on Friday.

I enjoyed Blitzball too, I was already thinking of getting this game despite that fact. I won't buy the game yet unfortunately as I am limited with my founds.

vareon

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Yep, I knew the twin kick existed in Captain Tsubasa, with Mark Lender and Oliver :lol

But doing it with the goalie :lol

Tri-pegasus, or its upgrade The Phoenix, is still my favorite combo shoots. Can't wait to actually perform them in game.

Today Nintendo.de announced the transfer of Mark Evans from Japan to Germany. So I guess it's officially official; the game is coming out on January 28. :lol
Weird how they insist on making this Japan connection when they gave him such a funny name, though.

Also, Nintendo wants Inazuma to be at the top of the table -- at the top of the sales charts that is.
Von diesem Tag an wird Mark Evans als Kapitän und Torwart alles daran setzen, Inazuma Eleven zur Tabellenspitze in den Videospiel-Charts zu führen.

hipgnosis

Urban Scholar said:
Waiting on that Scandinavian English language option confirmation.
Believe me there is going to be an English option, every game here has it. They certainly aren't translating it to Scandinavian languages.

This talk of Blitzball similarities makes me wish this game would come out in America. I would import, but it would cost more than I am willing to spend, so I'll have to continue hoping this will be released in America or wait for price drops on an import. :(

Sorry if it's been answered before, but do the French and German versions have an English option? I really want to play this.

PumpkinPie said:
Sorry if it's been answered before, but do the French and German versions have an English option? I really want to play this.
Probably, but we don't know for certain yet. Wait until Friday.

Xater

archnemesis said:
Probably, but we don't know for certain yet. Wait until Friday.

Uuuh if the the Layton releases after the first game are any indication, you should not expect an English option from Germany or France.

john tv

I really want this in English. Can someone hook a brotha up? Will gladly grab something from JP for you in exchange...?

Xater said:
Uuuh if the the Layton releases after the first game are any indication, you should not expect an English option from Germany or France.
Dash Kappei mentioned that it was probably a Multi-5 release (English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish).

Xater

archnemesis said:
Dash Kappei mentioned that it was probably a Multi-5 release (English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish).

Totally missed that post. Why the fuck can't Nintendo do this for Layton then?

Well that would make an Amazon import pretty easy for most people.

hipgnosis said:
Believe me there is going to be an English option, every game here has it. They certainly aren't translating it to Scandinavian languages.

Excellent, now it's just a matter of myself securing an import means once it's available.

Xater said:
Totally missed that post. Why the fuck can't Nintendo do this for Layton then?
Maybe they can fit the game on a smaller cart if they remove the other languages. I'm pretty sure the version I played of Professor Layton and the Curious Village was a Multi-5 release.

Xater

archnemesis said:
Maybe they can fit the game on a smaller cart if they remove the other languages. I'm pretty sure the version I played of Professor Layton and the Curious Village was a Multi-5 release.

Yeah the first title was but then they started dubbing in German, French etc.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
john tv said:
I really want this in English. Can someone hook a brotha up? Will gladly grab something from JP for you in exchange...?

EDIT:
Sorry, italian only.

---------
Shoot me a pm.
if you're ok with having the manual in italian, the ITA version seems to be the cheapest around at 34€ shipped to me,
There's many things I'd love from JPN so I'm sure you could find one of those close to where you live, maybe.
I'm 95% sure it's a multi5 release, I have preordered a copy.
Considering that I have no interest in the game if it misses the ENG option myself, I'm betting on the same horse as you guys, so let's wait a few days for confirmation and in case I'll hook you up with a copy; I have Amazon Prime so it'll be here quick.

Haunted

Oxx said:
I wonder what will happen if the game actually does well.

Inazuma Eleven 2 before Christmas?
It's Nintendo, remember? If it does well, we might get the sequel 12-15 months down the line. If it doesn't, we'll never get it.

If Level-5 were self-publishing, it'd be another matter.

Oxx

At this rate Level 5 will have to release a Krazy Kompilation of Layton 4, Inazuma Eleven 2 + 3, and Ni No Kuni just to clear their DS backlog.

GhaleonQ

Oxx said:
At this rate Level 5 will have to release a Krazy Kompilation of Layton 4, Inazuma Eleven 2 + 3, and Ni No Kuni just to clear their DS backlog.

*laughs* 4 ORIGINAL GAMES IN 1 PAK!

Oxx

People have been citing Level 5 US for years. Until they actually do anything I'm not convinced they are anything more than an elaborate practical joke.

Just received a response from NCSX regarding imports of the UK/Euro English version

Hi Bill, yes we will stock Inazuma Eleven (European) and we'll be glad to notify you once reservations are open. Thanks.

Regards,
NCS, Inc
Web: www.ncsx.com
Social: www.ourl.us/Xgl2Mf
Forum: www.ourl.us/S24tSm

Excellent news, now I'll just patiently wait for their pre-orders to open up. Another small step towards finally playing this game...

Edit: Not sure why they put those weird "social" & "forum" links in their email, but they're there none the less. LOLs.

Yazan

Our version in Sweden/Scandinavia is English. I'm 100% sure of that, we'll probably also get French and German.

As I said, if anyone needs help PM me.

Dagon

Yazan said:
Our version in Sweden/Scandinavia is English. I'm 100% sure of that, we'll probably also get French and German.

If Nintendo UK doesn't come through, I may just take you up on that.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So, unfortunately:
The game is NOT multi 5.
If people want to believe it they've been warned, otherwise too bad for them.
Sorry.

That's awful. I'm not really hating Nintendo's German localizations, but I always feel they are a bit stiff and clumsy in comparison to their English counterparts.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
SpacePirate Ridley said:
So, becuase of the dub, it seems to be multi1 no?

Yes, its the same way with the latest Layton games.

jesusraz

seady said:
Why isn't it coming to UK? Weird...
As stated above, it is. Also, as confirmed by myself with Nintendo UK, it will only come out when the anime is airing and that's something that's being worked on at the moment :)

Yazan said:

Do you know roughly the cost and, more importantly, shipping cost to the UK? That other Scandinavian site that was linked a while back was 34 Euro or so, but it was £7.50 postage to the UK. Having sent games to various parts of Europe in the past, surely it can't be that high for regular postage?

Xater

Oxx said:
Seems like they're waiting until they have a deal to show the anime on tv first.

I don't think the anime is running here in Germany, so that can't be it.

Also looks like I was sadly right with my prediction.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Do you know roughly the cost and, more importantly, shipping cost to the UK? That other Scandinavian site that was linked a while back was 34 Euro or so, but it was £7.50 postage to the UK. Having sent games to various parts of Europe in the past, surely it can't be that high for regular postage?
It's 399 sek (£38) or more in Sweden. You can order it yourself for £28.60 from Pixmania.co.uk.
Pixmania.co.uk said:
Available languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian. Packaging and manual in French.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Yeah, that's the site with the £7 postage. Not sure I want to pay that much :/
Well, I doubt it's going to be any cheaper from a Scandinavian country. Keep your fingers crossed for a cheaper Multi-5 version from Amazon.eu.

All the versions I've been looking at on Pixmania appear to be the French version (I'm assuming each copy only has one language since it has dubs and Multi5 has been discontinued)...

Top Bottom