• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

GhaleonQ

Space, I'm actually up all night study for a midterm, but it seems like your basic problem is not playing it like a sports game.

1. Adjust your tactics and player positions.
2. The reason some battles are scripted is to let you get acclimated with the controls. They're nowhere as near as hard as The World Ends With You (the exact opposite, in fact), so it'll become 2nd nature soon enough.
3. You're confusing "winning a battle" with "winning possession." On the feint/break thing, the left option is basically juking your defender and setting the ball for a perfect pass or shot. The right option is "running," where you try to go around the problem. As your team stops being awful, the options will balance out. Think of the left option as a double-or-nothing critical hit? Also, how are you entering tackles? Straight on?

I think X and scrolling down (if the manual doesn't have the information, which it should) is the in-game help.

Back to studying. Watch this, especially around 0:40. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw6dGXgbXJY

Oxx

According to the Nintendo UK Stars Bonus promotion I have two weeks to register the game to get the 50 extra stars...

Yazan

archnemesis said:
Wow, you're right. Webhallen only got six copies left in Sweden.

Yeah, I got the only copy they had in their Stockholm store. Gonna pick it up in a couple of hours.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Looks like the German version going by the rating, right? Did that version have English?
No, all versions are single language. Doesn't the tiny Union Jack imply English language? Maybe you could try to contact their customer service.

vareon

GhaleonQ said:
This is why I think 2, not 3, will be most people's favorite.

You have played all of them, no?

Space's impressions made me realize that this is the Inazuma Eleven before it became a hit franchise like now. Still interested in the game, but finding it in my country is damn near impossible.

Ratrat

I was never interested in this series until I saw some utterly gorgeous screens. Also the artwork looks a lot like Professor Layton. <3

archnemesis said:
No, all versions are single language. Doesn't the tiny Union Jack imply English language? Maybe you could try to contact their customer service.

Wan't to be sure before ordering. Email sent to clarify it, I'll reply here once they get back to me.

Haven't played much so far, but I have to say it was very delightful when I shot my first goal in the trainings match. :p
And it's very noticeable how much Level 5 tried to replicate the Pokemon experience in a lot of ways. The menus and the general 2D aesthetics are very reminiscent of Pokemon.

GhaleonQ said:
Space, I'm actually up all night study for a midterm, but it seems like your basic problem is not playing it like a sports game.

1. Adjust your tactics and player positions.
2. The reason some battles are scripted is to let you get acclimated with the controls. They're nowhere as near as hard as The World Ends With You (the exact opposite, in fact), so it'll become 2nd nature soon enough.
3. You're confusing "winning a battle" with "winning possession." On the feint/break thing, the left option is basically juking your defender and setting the ball for a perfect pass or shot. The right option is "running," where you try to go around the problem. As your team stops being awful, the options will balance out. Think of the left option as a double-or-nothing critical hit? Also, how are you entering tackles? Straight on?

I think X and scrolling down (if the manual doesn't have the information, which it should) is the in-game help.

Back to studying. Watch this, especially around 0:40. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw6dGXgbXJY

Thanks a lot. Will try this tips. In chapter 3 all was more open, so that was good. Yep, I ussualy enter staright on with the feet, that makes sometimes fault, but at least 80 percent of the time I can take the ball from them. And in the free training faults dont exist so I always use it.

Also another thing, it really seems the "inn" (blue thing in the floor) system in the game is cumulative, so every time I use it goes up in price, and I even thing when I dont use it also goes up.
How the fuck does it work, as it seems really stupid to use it at the end. How many will me cost me this thing when Im half of the game, 2000+ passion points, or something? Thats just nuts. Ive tried to read in the game and in the manual and it doesnt explain anything, only is says "use it to heal or your life and man".

crispyben

I just saw lots of (French) copies of this game during lunch hour, so at least some countries are getting significant shipments...

Domstercool said:
So no English language game then? :(
The Scandinavian version is in English.

I'm sure the game will be released in UK as well. They wouldn't translate a game to English just for the small Scandinavian market.

Domstercool said:
So no English language game then? :(

There's not a hint of english in the currently released version. There's not even an language option in the game. It's full english voice overs and everything.

crispyben said:
I just saw lots of (French) copies of this game during lunch hour, so at least some countries are getting significant shipments...
Also a lots of copies in the store were I bought it in Spain (and its not a very big one). They had tons of preorders, the majority from kids. And when I got it, children were entering to the store and the game was literally flying off the shelves, and it was not even the release day, it was 3 days before.

Seems that were the anime is bigger, more shipments have arrived.

So its going to sell very well, and we will probably (hopefully) get the second one maybe next year.

crispyben

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Also a lots of copies in the store were I bought it in Spain (and its not a very big one). They had tons of preorders, the majority from kids. And when I got it, children were entering to the store and the game was literally flying off the shelves, and it was not even the release day, it was 3 days before.

Seems that were the anime is bigger, more shipments have arrived.

So its going to sell very well, and we will probably (hopefully) get the second one maybe next year.
It seems you did not dislike the Spanish dub, I hope the French one is not horrendous, I haven't played a game in French in forever... All my consoles are set to English!

Domstercool said:
I saw the English shop, but somewhere said it was in German only :/

If it is sold in the UK one would presume it is also in english. My version is only in english and thats the "Scandinavian" version. Although there's nothing Scandinavian about it, and it could just as well be the standard Europe release version. People should really stop calling it the Scandinavian version, because there's nothing about it that is specific to our region.

stupei

Vinterbird said:
If it is sold in the UK one would presume it is also in english. My version is only in english and thats the "Scandinavian" version. Although there's nothing Scandinavian about it, and it could just as well be the standard Europe release version. People should really stop calling it the Scandinavian version, because there's nothing about it that is specific to our region.

People refer to the Scandinavian version specifically since so far it is the only one confirmed to have English language. So far the only people in the thread who have said they've gone through with imports are the ones who also speak another language.

Related: is the shop selling it for $80 shipping the Scandinavian one or something else?

Volodja

Mmh, the italian dub seems more bearable than what I imagined it would be.
The fact that I instantly skipped the opening song as soon as I realized what was going on probably helped a bit.

Any fellow Portuguese got it? FNAC has it on their site, and since we don't translate our games by default I'm willing to bet it's english.

crispyben

Kid Marin said:
Same here. I returned the game at the FNAC this morning cause i couldn't stand the french version (the dub in particular). I ordered the english version at a belgian site.
It's sold out, but my brother lives in Belgium... I didn't know you could return opened games, though. I'm getting mine from Amazon, so I think I'm screwed if I open it.

Mdk7

I'm pretty amazed byt the quantity of spoken lines they've inserted in the game.
Italian dub is pretty awesome too.

Vinterbird said:
Now that I've actually opened my game, this clearly is what people will get in the UK as well. So you are correct.

The German dub is pretty much on par with your regular Anime/Cartoon dub -- which is to say not very good. But it's kinda authentic in that sense so I can live with it. :lol
The general localization effort combined with the superb presentation is pretty damn good, though, especially if you consider the target audience for this game. Kids just have to love this game.

nny

Prime crotch said:
Any fellow Portuguese got it? FNAC has it on their site, and since we don't translate our games by default I'm willing to bet it's english.

I haven't looked for it in stores, in FNAC's website it appears as unavailable...I would expect an English version as well; if it is in Portuguese I'm betting there will be a clear mention of it on the box.

crispyben said:
It seems you did not dislike the Spanish dub, I hope the French one is not horrendous, I haven't played a game in French in forever... All my consoles are set to English!

As I say, its not bad, but its also not in the good side. Bet yeah, it has some surprises in the dub department, like good voices for the girls.
Its better than some of the videogame dubs we get here (The witcher, Fallout 3), but we also have some great like Arkaham Asylum or MGS 1.
Typical standard anime stuff here, it reminds me of the Digimon 01/02 dubs (that I have some nostalgia of them), as its done by the same team (arait multimedia).

Seems we got the end of the good stick with the italian dub.

I would love if someone posted a video of the italian, french and german opening (saw the german one in youtube). And the English one!

Kid Marin

crispyben said:
I didn't know you could return opened games, though.
Well, i didn't get my money back but an «avoir de 40€» to use in my FNAC. Fine with me.

Wow, already sold out! Playerone.be received just a few copies then (they shipped my preorder this morning).

Oxx

I even checked the local Game shops today just in case Nintendo were crazy enough to release it in the UK without telling anyone.

Vamphuntr

Reluctant-Hero said:
You're in the US, right? How much did you pay and where'd you order from? Post a link? Thanks!

I'm in Canada and I bought it from ebay. It's the french version so if you cannot read french don't get this one. here

crispyben said:

The German one is really hilarious in places, the way "Inazuma Eleven" is pronounced in the Main Menu is hilarious. Then you start playing...

"Mark, smth smth"

"Royal Academy Spieler, JUDE smth smth"

Oh boy...

crispyben

Vamphuntr said:
I'm in Canada and I bought it from ebay. It's the french version so if you cannot read french don't get this one. here
Ha, the price is a bit lower than in shops here but they gouge you on the S&H! You should have asked me to mail you a copy, would have been much cheaper.

Oxx

slaughterking said:
Hope sure is the last thing to die. :p

I probably shouldn't have bothered regardless of any hope I held. The DS section at Game is pretty pathetic. They didn't even have any Ghost Trick last week.

Top Bottom