• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

Oxx

It would be quicker if Gaf started its own kids tv channel and bought the rights to the anime itself.

the-iek

My review copy arrived today, I'll check the languages now and edit them in this post.

German version includes...

German
No Spanish
No French
No English

:(

Yazan

pixmania.se is an awful site.

I'm planning to order the game for 399 SEK from webhallen.se (about 43 euro) and my guess on the shipping to UK is about 5 Euro.

So expect to pay about 50€ for everything.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
the-iek said:
My review copy arrived today, I'll check the languages now and edit them in this post.

German version includes...

German
No Spanish
No French
No English

:(

Good enough 4 me :)

Finally!

a29d622f20fec2e0f8c0eb37c205c0ca.png

This is the Scandinavian version (nothing in here is Scandinavian, it's an Europe version), full english not a hint of Danish, Swedish or Norwegian in it. So it is very much import friendly. Seems like it will be a matter of time before Amazon sells this, and NoE lets it run lose in Europe as a whole.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Dont worry. it doesnt play anything like that.

I guess I'll wait to see a video of a match first, then. I seriously hated Blitzball with a passion. The aftertaste of playing it made me stop playing FFX altogether (well, that and the bullshit lightning area).

I'm really interested in this title (even though they probably won't make it here to the States) and wanted to make sure that the games will be okay on an US unit. I know that DS games, in general, are region-free but I heard that some recent titles have been cited to be region-locked. Hopefully, all rumors.

Takao

Banned
Crazypanda_85 said:
I'm really interested in this title (even though they probably won't make it here to the States) and wanted to make sure that the games will be okay on an US unit. I know that DS games, in general, are region-free but I heard that some recent titles have been cited to be region-locked. Hopefully, all rumors.

The region-locked games are DSi-enhanced, and usually have a label on the back saying so. None of the Inazuma games are DSi-enhanced AFAIK.

Crazypanda_85 said:

DSi games are region locked (making the upcoming Pokemon region locked), but this is a DS game.

Well, here it is, went to the store, got it with also a Konata figure I preordered from them last year. The box has a really awesome dhiny effect that seems like confetti.
And yeah, is multi1 so only spanish. Not even portuguese in the manual or box, and that was a typical thing in nintendo games.

LCcpA.jpg

OlcF3.jpg

k15Z6.jpg

FLU9H.jpg

Going to play a little bit now.

Vamphuntr

I caved in and bought the french version on ebay. Shipping was expensive, very expensive :(
Hopefully I get to join the party soon. 20 euros for shipping better means it arrives quickly. C'est mieux d'en valoir la peine!

stupei

Every time I see this thread get bumped with no update on an accessible english language release, I die a little bit inside.

You guys had better give impressions to make up for it. (Please. Please please.)

Oxx

Dang it.

As soon as someone succeeds in importing an English-language version of the game I'll be there.

I need something to tear me away from DQ.

archnemesis said:
This thread needs more impressions. Get on it, people!

Games fun, it's JRPG mixed with Pokemon and football. It's charming as hell with the mix, random encounters is four on four football matches one goal wins and boss battles is full on matches.

The management of your team is not that great in terms of UI and the game is absolute crap in terms of educating you on what you can do, how to do and the option you have available.

Story is entertaining but nothing amazing, predictable and with very predictable characters. Visuals are very nice, but I wish there were more animated cutscenes.

stupei said:
Every time I see this thread get bumped with no update on an accessible english language release, I die a little bit inside.

You guys had better give impressions to make up for it. (Please. Please please.)

There's nothing stopping NoE form just selling it in all of Europe, which I would be extremely surprised by if they didn't. Having translated all of the text, voiced it and so on can't have been cheap, and the Scandinavian market is so small (I will be extremely surprised if this sells a thousand copies), there's no reason not to release it for the rest of Europe.

Oxx

How 'talky' is it?

Too much chatter is what killed my interest in Golden Sun: DD. DQ has it right where the vast majority of people you meet don't have more than a couple of lines to say.

Oxx said:
How 'talky' is it?

Too much chatter is what killed my interest in Golden Sun: DD. DQ has it right where the vast majority of people you meet don't have more than a couple of lines to say.

Layton'ish in terms of text. The worst parts are the scripted matches, where certain events happen at a set time, which can become extremely tedious if you lose the match and have to reload a previous save.

Kid Marin

Yazan said:
I'm planning to order the game for 399 SEK from webhallen.se (about 43 euro) and my guess on the shipping to UK is about 5 Euro.
Did you order from them finally ? I would like to do the same (shipping to France; i don't want to deal with the french version). I can't read swedish, is there any english FAQ to register/order from webhallen ?

Kid Marin said:
Did you order from them finally ? I would like to do the same (shipping to France; i don't want to deal with french version). I can't read swedish, is there any english FAQ to register/order from webhallen ?
Webhallen said:
25. Question: Do Webhallen ship internationally?
Answer: At this time Webhallen does not offer this service.
Sorry.

Gameshop.se do ship internationally, but I don't know if they have any games in stock. They charge 49 sek ($7.60) for shipping to Europe and 59 sek to non-European countries. Their site is unfortunately entirely in Swedish. Maybe you could use Google Translate?

English translation of their site

GhaleonQ

Vinterbird said:
Layton'ish in terms of text. The worst parts are the scripted matches, where certain events happen at a set time, which can become extremely tedious if you lose the match and have to reload a previous save.

Without revealing anything, what did you think of the endgame? This is 1 of the biggest deficits between its sequels/Pokemon and the game. Did you enjoy it? Did you find any of it challenging? Were you motivated to recruit?

Vinterbird said:
The worst parts are the scripted matches, where certain events happen at a set time, which can become extremely tedious if you lose the match and have to reload a previous save.

This is why I think 2, not 3, will be most people's favorite.

Yazan

Kid Marin said:
Did you order from them finally ? I would like to do the same (shipping to France; i don't want to deal with the french version). I can't read swedish, is there any english FAQ to register/order from webhallen ?

Gonna hopefully get my copy form the store tomorrow. If anyone else wants one, tell me and I'll buy that.

archnemesis said:
Sorry.

Gameshop.se do ship internationally, but I don't know if they have any games in stock. They charge 49 sek ($7.60) for shipping to Europe and 59 sek to non-European countries. Their site is unfortunately entirely in Swedish. Maybe you could use Google Translate?

English translation of their site

If I'm doing my currency conversion correctly, that would mean buying from them and shipping to America would come to about $80?

I'm going to have to wait if that's the case.

platypotamus said:
If I'm doing my currency conversion correctly, that would mean buying from them and shipping to America would come to about $80?

I'm going to have to wait if that's the case.
Ugh, that's way too much. I'm willing to pay up to $60, shipped. Hopefully NCSX will come through soon.

platypotamus said:
That's right. Welcome to the wonderful world of European prices!

hipgnosis

I still can't comprehend what the hell happened with this game. Nintendo chose to translate it to English, yet that English translation is only released in Scandinavia (for the time being). What the hell Nintendo.

Well, got to chapter 3.
My impressions so far.

-The RPG part of the game is very similar to pokemon, even menus. They are probably a little more complex though.

-You can have 4+Mark in your training team when you walk around, those are the ones that will play the little matches you encounter like pokemon, so thay are random encounters.

-2 kinds of encouters right now," Take the ball from the opposing team" and "mark one goal to the opposing team", the second one is much more prominent than the first. The random of this "battles" is not like Golden Sun 1 and 2, were for nearly every step there was one battle, is much more similar to Golden Sun 3 were you HAVE to look for encounters. The game even gives you an item nearly at the start, than when you carry it, you can have more encounters.
-The guys you use have Energy points and technical point, like in any rpg this means life and mana. But life goes down while playing (and rather fast may I say) and mana when you use special moves. The life system seems to be done so you are changing constantly your training team so you are training at least 11 characters for the matches.

-If you win you gain Pasion points and Friend points. Friend points are use to have new characters for your team (up to 100). Pasion points is the currency used in the game, and this currency is used for everything, from buying items, to doing differnt tasks. Very strange. If you lose the training battles you lose Pasion and friend points (but in a much less quantity, something like if you can win 50 you lose 6).

-There is something yet I dont understand is how the "cure" stations work in this game. This points in the map are there you regain health for your characters, so they are basicaly the inns for this game. The strange (and in my opinion bad) is that it seems every time you use it it goes up the price, and let me tell you they are not cheap. So if you really want to train hard, you will gain pasion points that you will have to use them eventually in this "inns" at the end, instead of buying new things, which seems a little bit stupid. I yet dont know if the price always starts at 100 in every chapter and goes up 20 or 10 every time you use it, or if its cumulative through out the whole game and at the end it will be fucking expensive.

-The game is hard to control, and I yet need to get the hang of it. You draw this lines were you want your team to move, and click where you want to shoot. When someone tries to get the ball from you (or viceversa) you engage a little battle where you have to choose the move from two options, supposedly the left option is hard but you control the ball better, and the right is more easy but its easier to lose control of the ball also. Let me tell you, EVERY SINGLE TIME IVE USED THE LEFT OPTION MY CHRACTER LOSES THE BATLLE, so I use all the time now the right one. The battles are like pokemon or fire emblem, your character have affinities, 4 in this game and is like a paper, rock, scissors match, but with a neutral one (that is the affinity that neither wins or loses to the other one, as they are 4). Also theres a number for bravery that seems is also important. Well it just seems to random to me yet. When the fight starts there are two numbers that go too fast that decide who wins or loses, and the match continues, with you gaining or losing the ball.
This does not mean Im not having fun, but it stills feels to random to me and there has to be a learning curve to understand all that happens in the game.

-The boss battles (real matches) seem too scripted yet (maybe it will change as the game progresses) and you win or lose when the game decides. For example, the first match is a lose, and the second (third if you count the kids one, that is maybe a little less scripted) you will win (in this one you can lose, but its made in a way that trying to lose is rather difficult).

And now for not so important things.
-The Spanish dub has surprised me, its not that is good, but its not bad, thank god. Its very typical to animes that are today in tv (and as I said, this had more chances to be bad than good). The worst voices are the two main characters, while the secondary are more pleasent to the ears, and even the main are not that bad. Positive points for the voice of the first rival and the girls, yep the girls, that maybe are the best ones in the dub, really strange, as I always imagined the spanisg dub of the girlfriend of Mark, with a squeaky horrible voice.

-The opening is not the original opening from the game, but they have used the dubbed version of the first opening for the anime, with the scenes in it not changed, but placed diferently in the song than in the original one from the game, and theres missing the one were theres a sunrise while Mark is in the huge lightining tower. The dub from the opening is not bad and not good, but the fucker is rather catchy and I have it inside my head. I have also seen in youtube the german opening, and some parts of the song are worst and others are better. However the voice for Mark in german is HORRIBLE, sound like the most sinister kid ever, instead of energetic.

-One thing I dont like much from walking around is that the scenery has this HUGE invisible barriers that makes the characters impossible to be near them. For example, you cant go behind trees, and you cant go near the walls. It feels really cheap and bad.

But yeah, im having a fun time and I hope this game is as huge as it seems with lots of hours of playtime. Im sure it will turn better when I get the hang of it.

And if GhaleonQ can expalin better some of the things I havent understand yet form the game as he seems to have beat it), it would be awesome.

Top Bottom