• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games [March] Now Voting - Post 774!

Hofmann

Feist - Don't know too much about this one, but I heard that the concept behind this game is much more interesting than similar looking Limbo.

http://playfeist.net/#about

FeistScreen4.jpg

EDIT: Some info found on igf.com.

FEIST
Zurich University of the Arts

FEIST takes you onto a journey over high mountains and through deep forests. The trail isn't told to be an easy one. Mad foes and vicious vegetation linger besides the dirt tracks. Only with cleverness and by taking risks you might find the power to reach the end of your journey.

Starting from interaction with the world through movement, interacting with inanimate objects, opening doors and operating elevators to engaging other creatures running, throwing, spitting and flying, there's much to explore and discover. Find your way through the obstacles and decide how you want to travel through the world of FEIST. From shaking off other creatures, fighting them head on or trying to get them fight each other, everything is possible.

All creatures in FEIST search independently for targets and act autonomously. The course of the game is subject to a constant change, evolves into ever changing directions each time the game is played and therefore makes room for the unexpected. FEIST does...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Feist - Don't know too much about this one, but I heard that the concept behind this game is much more interesting than similar looking Limbo.

http://playfeist.net/#about

No wonder you dont know much yet, since it releases in 2013 with nothing playable yet. But wow, they show this game around since 2008? Thats a long time for an Indie platformer. Thanks for the headsup, on my to watch list.

Haha, the newsletter sign up still shows:
Subscribe to the FEIST newsletter below and get informed about the development of Feist and the events that lead up to its release in 2012.

Hofmann

No wonder you dont know much yet, since it releases in 2013 with nothing playable yet. But wow, they show this game around since 2008? Thats a long time for an Indie platformer.

All good things need time. I became interested after Michael Samyn, who's not too popular around here btw, shared some flattering insider's info. Another one to keep track on.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
All good things need time. I became interested after Michael Samyn, who's not too popular around here btw, shared some flattering insider's info. Another one to keep track on.

Oh sure, I am not "complaining". I mean just looking at the OP of this thread shows that there are enough games to be busy for quite some time. Just rather curious that this type of game would take this long, but sure! Especially for a small team something ambitious can take time.

The information you talked about is not openly available I assume?

Hofmann

Oh sure, I am not "complaining". I mean just looking at the OP of this thread shows that there are enough games to be busy for quite some time. Just rather curious that this type of game would take this long, but sure! Especially for a small team something ambitious can take time.

The information you talked about is not openly available I assume?

It's not really ''insider info''. I think he was one of the IGF jury's, so he knows probably a little more, and he had some good things to say - don't remember what and where exactly did he say.

BTW, Great thread.

Hofmann

Ok, need a little help. I'm looking for a game - not really a game, more like some kind of chill out experience. I read about it long time ago - maybe 5 or 6 years - and I don't know if it's been released. I remember that when you slowed down your movements the world around you becomes more visible - it's kinda difficult to describe, but I hope someone will help me find it, because Google won't help. It's first person perspective and probably from Canada.

Toma

I finally caved in and bought today Cypher, a cyberpunk text adventure recommended by Pylon_Trooper. It feels like a very polished game and with a lot of attention to details including a very thorough manual, the soundtrack and digital freebies to contextualize the story. I'll start it today to reminisce of the good ole days of text adventures and then post some feedback.

Cypher (Win/MAC - standard edition for $14.99)

By6PPbU.jpg

This seems like a good thread to dump these in. I made a game called Love+ (it's on Greenlight, Desura, and standalone at Level Up Studios), and I've recently updated the Desura build with the full custom level editor set.

Grabbed Dawning, a strange little exploration game on Desura;
http://www.desura.com/games/dawning

It doesn't seem very long, but I like the pixel style and it was only £1.99

Added these 3 to the OP.

Toma

Ok, need a little help. I'm looking for a game - not really a game, more like some kind of chill out experience. I read about it long time ago - maybe 5 or 6 years - and I don't know if it's been released. I remember that when you slowed down your movements the world around you becomes more visible - it's kinda difficult to describe, but I hope someone will help me find it, because Google won't help. It's first person perspective and probably from Canada.

Yeah, I know that problem. It took me years to remember the name of this game, which I really liked back then:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41091972&postcount=3

Too bad I'm no help either.. I cant find anything via google. I though searching for "stop moving" or something should turn up a text with a description of games with that mechanic, but not much luck.

Hofmann

Yeah, I know that problem. It took me years to remember the name of this game, which I really liked back then.

Too bad I'm no help either.. I cant find anything via google. I though searching for "stop moving" or something should turn up a text with a description of games with that mechanic, but not much luck.

Thanks for trying. At this point I'm starting to suspect that I dreamed about it and it's not actually real, lol.

Toma

Added to OP:

Tower of the Gorillion - Free (Flash)
gMpHoNN.png

http://circuiton.com/gorillion/

An action / puzzle platformer. The catch – two characters interact with separate planes of the level. Either alternate between them or play with a friend! Or an enemy if you have one nearby. This game can get quite challenging.

So I decided to take the plunge and give Edge of Space a download. Probably due to my growing inability to wait for Starbound. I'll relay impressions once I feel like I've given it a good run through.

Toma

So I decided to take the plunge and give Edge of Space a download. Probably due to my growing inability to wait for Starbound. I'll relay impressions once I feel like I've given it a good run through.

Awesome, I was really interested in that as well. I am currently trying Underrail since I sooo wouldnt mind something Fallout-ey. Will post impressions later as well.

Hofmann

We The Giants - free flash experimental game, where you can left your ''wisdom'' to other players and reach collective goal at the same time. Kinda old, but if you haven't tried it I highly recommend it. It's extremely short.

http://wethegiants.thegiftedintrovert.com/

''The cake is a lie'' was probably someone from GAF, lol.

Why am I just seeing this thread now? And I thought I was a good lurker.

I haven't seen a mention of Papers, please. You can get an Alpha build here. Follow development here.

jmoIj.png
This game's really intriguing. The alpha is still lacking features, but it lets you get an idea of the gameplay. The author is adding many sub-elements and I really can't wait to see and play the final version.
Was it a C64 game, I would have lost many hours on this, back in the day.

Toma

Played the demo of Underrail for about 45 minutes and just ran off to bought the Alpha. Its basically... Fallout. You got the classic Fallout stats, random traits, wacky people and turn based combat. Really, really cool. So far it looks great and has a lot of things to explore. Very satisfied with that game. Will continue playing and adding it to the OP later:

On another note:

I bought the alpha of UFHO2 and was a bit disappointed to see that there isnt any story mode to speak off in there yet. MP doesnt work yet either, so its basically about random local 1vs1 or 1vsCPU matches. Its an Alpha so thats fine, unfortunately I fear that the gameplay doesnt allow for the amount of tactical depth that I was expecting. Its not exactly super easy the moment you try it, since there are some decisions to be made once you get your hands on it, but it feels a bit like a one trick pony:

I'll continue following the development of the game, but I am really curious talking about "depth" to someone else who played it.

Onemic

Added to the news section:

Adom Remake got Indiegogo'd: http://www.indiegogo.com/resurrect-adom-development

They basically worked on a new engine to allow for better moddability and some inherent graphical tilesets. The engine will also be used for ADOM2 (which I am VERY excited about). ADOM is one of my most favourite roguelike, and finally gets a non-ascii graphical overhaul:
20120810001952-TiledADOMSample.png

This game looks really interesting. I looked at the page and it says it's out already?

If this game came out on the vita....IF ONLYYYYYYYYY

Toma

This game looks really interesting. I looked at the page and it says it's out already?

If this game came out on the vita....IF ONLYYYYYYYYY
I'd certainly take many games from this thread on Vita, but a Roguelike is definitely missing.

harSon

Banned
I'm not sure if this is the thread to do so, but I've been out of gaming for a while now (before last month, the last game I had truly played outside of Dota 2 was Gears of War II during its release), and was hoping for some indie PC game recommendations. Anything from the last few years would be great, free or paid.

I love the idea of this thread but I think there are certain factors that make it hard for most of us to get into it.

- First thing is the paywall, most people simply won't take the plunge on an indie game that's not on Steam
- Lack of direction, maybe set a weekly short game and discuss it? I think it may work better than simply keep adding games every day.
- Dev feedback, I don't think it would actually be that hard to contact some of those dev and get some insight on the creation process. At least that's one of the most interesting parts of indie games for me.

All said and done, I love the idea of this thread so keep them coming :D

Toma

I'm not sure if this is the thread to do so, but I've been out of gaming for a while now (before last month, the last game I had truly played outside of Dota 2 was Gears of War II during its release), and was hoping for some indie PC game recommendations. Anything from the last few years would be great, free or paid.

I think the problem with that is that there were... like... MANY amazing Indie games in the last few years as the overlooked Indie game thread showed:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411010

If you tell me a few genres you like and dont like, I could make a list of 10 games you should check out asap if you want though.

Toma

I love the idea of this thread but I think there are certain factors that make it hard for most of us to get into it.

- First thing is the paywall, most people simply won't take the plunge on an indie game that's not on Steam
- Lack of direction, maybe set a weekly short game and discuss it? I think it may work better than simply keep adding games every day.
- Dev feedback, I don't think it would actually be that hard to contact some of those dev and get some insight on the creation process. At least that's one of the most interesting parts of indie games for me.

All said and done, I love the idea of this thread so keep them coming :D

That would be a cool idea... if you know... I didnt already try that :p
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487216

The games were free or offered sizeable free demos AND I contacted my whole Steam friends list to help out. The thread series still burned horribly.

As for this thread, most Indies have demos that are longer than the average playing time of an Indie. Most of the games in the OP are even free. And I really liked the direction idea, as you see from my older threads but I think that died because people werent willing to jump into a random Indie game at any given time.

Dev feedback would be awesome, and we have some devs posting in this thread, but reaching OUT to those devs and getting some questions together is a lot of work that wouldnt be great to see buried in these threads if people still dont care.

Its a hard topic, but I am currently thinking about creating a thread for the perception on Indie vs AAA, because I think THAT is the main offender, but that might take me a bit.

Corto

I'm struggling a bit in Cypher with syntax and learning the functional vocabulary of the game but I'm loving the atmosphere. I need to check a walkthrough now as I hit a wall. I hope it's just the initial foreigner feeling and once I get used to it I can push through it more easily.

I'm struggling a bit in Cypher with syntax and learning the functional vocabulary of the game but I'm loving the atmosphere. I need to check a walkthrough now as I hit a wall. I hope it's just the initial foreigner feeling and once I get used to it I can push through it more easily.

Yeah, it's a pretty stiff and unfriendly parser. Scrubbing through cyberspace the first time was pretty rough.

Curious, which games of the OP did you try?

Not as many as I would have a few years ago. I just don't get enough time, sadly. But I do admire your tireless quest for the indies on here. Lord knows how frustrating it is to have GAF, outside of the good people here, just waltz on by to discuss the latest triple-A yawn-fest of the week.

This was the last one I made, and MAV is the about the only thread I'll keep updated, because it's a one man Chromehounds game for PC and deserves the goddamn attention.

You'd be more at home on the RPS forums, to be honest.

Moobabe

Not as many as I would have a few years ago. I just don't get enough time, sadly. But I do admire your tireless quest for the indies on here. Lord knows how frustrating it is to have GAF, outside of the good people here, just waltz on by to discuss the latest triple-A yawn-fest of the week.

This was the last one I made, and MAV is the about the only thread I'll keep updated, because it's a one man Chromehounds game for PC and deserves the goddamn attention.

Good man.

Richard and Alice is supposed to be pretty good - there's a review over on RPS about it.

Waking Mars also has a review (a fairly positive one, which I can't be bothered to look for because I'm ill and lazy) - but I'm not a huge fan in truth. I thought it was going to be a metroidvania style game where you explored one giant terrain altering lifeforms and stuff like that. It isn't. You progress through linear pathways using your knowledge of the lifeforms to get past puzzles and things like that. It's a really nice idea but I didn't enjoy it that much at all.

Toma

Yeah, but I have found a few friends on Gaf over the years, and I dont feel like running around in 2 forums at the same time. I mean just having a sort of active Indie OT thread would help the visibility of Indies a LOT. People just need to fucking bother.

I'll add the MAV, RwR and Teleglitch threads/games to the OP later.

Moobabe

Yeah, but I have found a few friends on Gaf over the years, and I dont feel like running around in 2 forums at the same time. I mean just having a sort of active Indie OT thread would help the visibility of Indies a LOT. People just need to fucking bother.

Good luck man - it's nice to have someone else on here like yourself championing these games. I'm subbed to this thread anyway.

Oh indeed, and I wasn't really advocating jumping over. There ARE great folks on GAF, but for all the bluster and self-styled aficionados of gaming - you know, this apparent true and deep appreciation - it ends up a lot of the time reading like an IGN board with better grammar and punctuation. Sure, if you want intelligent and length discussion and appreciation on the big titles and industry movements, there's no better place...

...but you'd think the place would be rife with intrigued peanuts. No so.

Toma

Good luck man - it's nice to have someone else on here like yourself championing these games. I'm subbed to this thread anyway.

It would be a pity if I wouldnt do that. I noticed recently after a "I dont care much about videogames anymore"-phase, that I DO care about videogames still. I played a few Indie games that were provoking rarely touched emotions, exploring rarely explored ideas and just made me... happy and joyful. That made me realize its not just "me" getting older. And I dont think its just "me" in general either, thats something more people COULD experience if they just gave the aforementioned fuck. Among my most favourite games of the last 10 years, there are a bunch of Indie games too. Like without Frozen Synapse and SpaceChem, my gaming experience would have been a LOT poorer.

Indies arent in the same spot where they were 10 years ago. They are now on equal footings with AAA games in term of importance and experiences they can provide. Sure, "AAA" games have advantages of their own, but they are by no means "superior" and I want people to understand that.

But as I said... there will be a discussion thread on that.
Eventually.

Moobabe

I'm the same. I get accused of "not liking any games" at work - but I enjoy a wider breadth of games now than I ever did. I'll play "AAA" releases - I'm currently enjoying watching Tomb Raider play itself while I hold the control, Far Cry 3 had its moments and I thought Dishonored was excellent.

But while Indie games might not have that level of polish, the ideas they explore, as you said, make them stand out for me. To The Moon, Frozen Synapse, Cargo Commander, Binding of Isaac, Lone Survivor, Hotline Miami and so many others have dominated my playing time over the past 6 months or so.

I do wish GAF gave some of these lower profile titles (Hotline Miami not withstanding) a chance sometimes.

Toma

I'm the same. I get accused of "not liking any games" at work - but I enjoy a wider breadth of games now than I ever did. I'll play "AAA" releases - I'm currently enjoying watching Tomb Raider play itself while I hold the control, Far Cry 3 had its moments and I thought Dishonored was excellent.

But while Indie games might not have that level of polish, the ideas they explore, as you said, make them stand out for me. To The Moon, Frozen Synapse, Cargo Commander, Binding of Isaac, Lone Survivor, Hotline Miami and so many others have dominated my playing time over the past 6 months or so.

I do wish GAF gave some of these lower profile titles (Hotline Miami not withstanding) a chance sometimes.

Yeah, there are a few breakthrough successes. Like I was heralding Frozen Synapse to hell and back wherever I could and that thread was decently successful. 130 people on my Friends list own it, so I am pretty confident to say that this game reached the corresponding audience. Same with FTL or Hotline Miamo lately. But, just this thread alone has quite a few gems that people should really, really check out.

It also annoys me that people think that this and their behaviour on a forum doesnt make a difference. If FS wouldnt have gotten the attention it got through forums, no one would have though about creating a Vita/PS3 version. And even a "bigger" dev like the one that worked on the previous LBP on Vita. (relatively speaking here).
The attention these games get matters. For everyone. Even for the, oh so superior, amazing "AAA" titles, since they usually take a look at popular developments in the Indie scene. Just for the record, I am definitely looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us this year, btw. I am by no means "objected" to "AAA" games, but its important that people care about the other side of the coin as well if we want the medium to grow and not just tread through the same old mud that gamers walked through the last 7 years.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hey guys, I experimented with game design on a very very primitive level a few years back. I made like 3 or 4, but only two I'd say were the least bit ok.

Quacky Caverns-
ZVlvqej.jpg

0GQOq82.jpg

6OWA8xw.jpg

Download link-
http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/quacky-caverns/2480/

As amateurish as it may be I was, in fact, a total amateur following a dream. I think this probably played the best of everything I made.

F.A.T.H.R. & S.O.N.-
modnt1N.jpg

pxS8nPt.jpg

IAZ8gKH.jpg

Download link-
http://gamejolt.com/games/action/f-a-t-h-r-s-o-n/2293/

Not terribly fun, but I was trying to make a 2-player hotseat coop game to play with my kids. Two players can share a single keyboard. It's a simple & simple-minded overhead exploration shooter with a (I think) funny story told through poorly drawn cut scenes.

Like I said, I was never exactly Team Meat but I'd always dreamed of making a few games and while like 3 random people across the globe ever bothered to play them besides my kids and I, I did it. I put a ton of time into these games, and I'd be honored if you guys would at least check 'em out.

Free, of course, and who knows? Maybe they will divert your attention from the grim specter of death that lurks, ever present, just around the corner :)

Toma

Hey guys, I experimented with game design on a very very primitive level a few years back. I made like 3 or 4, but only two I'd say were the least bit ok.

Free, of course, and who knows? Maybe they will divert your attention from the grim specter of death that lurks, ever present, just around the corner :)

Still need to fulfill that dream as well. SOMEDAY, I'll finish making a game. Congrats on already having that accomplished :)

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Incoming game Hammerwatch just released an open beta/demo of the game. If you fancy some Gauntlet, take a look.

Haven't given it a go yet, but I plan on jumping in later today.

I guess I'll mention that I played then beaten simian.interface yesterday. A free, very simple puzzle game; just move the mouse to complete the puzzle. Takes about 15 minutes to get through. A nice bite of a game.

Toma

Incoming game Hammerwatch just released an open beta/demo of the game. If you fancy some Gauntlet, take a look.

Haven't given it a go yet, but I plan on jumping in later today.

Let us know if its decent. My only agenda for this thread is basically that I'll put it in the OP if someone likes it (who is not the developer).

That Broforce game has the potential to be absolutely wild. The alpha build I played got pretty hectic very quickly and I was playing solo. The concept of two people on that map could make that game a real memorable experience. Although, I hope in the full game they make the avater slightly more durable or the enemies slightly less trigger happy, I felt like the minute I kept getting into the swing of things and enjoying myself I took a buckshot to the head and needed to start again.

That RGB game is an awesome idea for sure. But I feel it is made for brighter minds then I. Once it hands out the double jump I kept losing track of all the colour switching and getting telefragged by the blocks.

Toma

That Broforce game has the potential to be absolutely wild. The alpha build I played got pretty hectic very quickly and I was playing solo. The concept of two people on that map could make that game a real memorable experience. Although, I hope in the full game they make the avater slightly more durable or the enemies slightly less trigger happy, I felt like the minute I kept getting into the swing of things and enjoying myself I took a buckshot to the head and needed to start again.

That RGB game is an awesome idea for sure. But I feel it is made for brighter minds then I. Once it hands out the double jump I kept losing track of all the colour switching and getting telefragged by the blocks.

Despite not being into those kinda games too much, Broforce looked really good yeah. I actually liked that it has a one hit kill mechanic atm.

What I am also super excited about is Gunpoint, but you need to watch the whole video to see the concept working in action. It basically looks a bit like Mark of the Ninja with more strategy and a bit less IN YOUR FACE action.

And TowerClimb might look simple, but the gameplay looked really quite fun. I think I'll buy it for $5 and give more impressions at one point. Atm I am still playing Underrail and try to see whether it lives up to the promises being made, while watching the next 200 Indie impressions videos :p

Toma

So yeah, I feel confident enough to talk about this and add it to the OP now:

Underrail - €7,99 (PC)
9y8X93r.jpg

http://underrail.com/

This game is basically Fallout with a more sincere and less over the top wacky setting and a deep crafting system. Same stats, similar idea for the skill set etcetc. What I really like about this game is that its very challenging. I played for 3 hours now and I am still trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel for EXP and progress ingame. It also has pretty sizeable big and open regions that you can sort of walk to whenever you want. You should really check out the Demo: http://www.indiedb.com/games/underrail/downloads/underrail-alpha-demo-v041

Yeah, this game has all the right assets to make an awesome Fallout style game. I read a comment by someone who played the demo for at least 7 hours, so I think this game isnt short on content either. Pretty funky.

Here's one...

YRaQ2gml.jpg

Spice Road

Currently in beta, register on the forums to grab a copy and see what the fuss is all about. I really like it. Very niche aspect of history done justice here in a quaint way.

Deep in the mountains and deserts of central Asia, where life is hard and death is sudden, thin trails of gold, silk and spice trace a web between the industrial forges of the West and the exotic climes of the East.

You are a colonial governor in the 18th Century, building a town on the Spice Road in a time of war and discovery. More than spice travels your roads – musket armies, philosophies, and power plays that span the globe are at your control. From palace to monastry, trade post to smugglers den – your town is worthless without the nobles, monks, merchants and rogues that chose to live in it – and keeping them all happy at the same time is never simple.

Hofmann

Pavilion - PC and Mobile

http://press.inthepavilion.com/

From the creators.

Pavilion is a fourth person exploratory experience about guidance, influence and subliminal control. Manipulate the surrounding environment, influence his sense and guide the main character on the path towards truth.

Pavilion takes place in a world unknown to both the player and the main character. A surreal dream-like place where reality clash with fantasy. Fully realized in beautiful hand-painted 2d graphics and dreamy ambient music that makes for an unforgettable audio-visual experience.

Observing from an isometric perspective, your fundamental purpose is to guide the main character through an environment so that he can reach his target destination. This is accomplished by either manipulating physical objects in the surrounding environment or by interacting with sound, light and other subliminal elements that will affect the perception of the character and his behavior within the environment.

Teaser
Demo Footage

Hyped!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and post the first English language trailer for one of our (PLAYISM's) upcoming game releases. The game is called "One Way Heroics" by Smoking Wolf (creator of the stellar Wolf RPG Editor, the editor used for Mad Father). If you follow the Playism English twitter, you might have seen me refer to it as "Katamichi Brave".

Essentially, One Way Heroics is a mixture of a rogue-like and the overworld of a JRPG, with a relentless dark force gobbling up everything in its path as you travel.

It also has some totally non-intrusive online features (dynamic ingame leaderboard, daily specialized maps to explore, auto-patching), but don't worry! It doesn't require that you're online to play. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux57lalo7-o

We're actually actively working on the localization right now, and it's shaping up nicely. Hopefully we'll have a lot more to show soon.

Toma

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and post the first English language trailer for one of our (PLAYISM's) upcoming game releases. The game is called "One Way Heroics" by Smoking Wolf (creator of the stellar Wolf RPG Editor, the editor used for Mad Father). If you follow the Playism English twitter, you might have seen me refer to it as "Katamichi Brave".

Essentially, One Way Heroics is a mixture of a rogue-like and the overworld of a JRPG, with a relentless dark force gobbling up everything in its path as you travel.

It also has some totally non-intrusive online features (dynamic ingame leaderboard, daily specialized maps to explore, auto-patching), but don't worry! It doesn't require that you're online to play. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux57lalo7-o

We're actually actively working on the localization right now, and it's shaping up nicely. Hopefully we'll have a lot more to show soon.

That looks actually surprisingly interesting. People should watch the trailer. Please by all means, let us know in this thread when this game releases.

Toma

Great recommendation, Pylon! Added to OP.

Spice Road - Currently free Beta (PC)
YRaQ2gml.jpg

http://www.aartformgames.com/

You are a colonial governor in the 18th Century, building a town on the Spice Road in a time of war and discovery. More than spice travels your roads – musket armies, philosophies, and power plays that span the globe are at your control. From palace to monastry, trade post to smugglers den – your town is worthless without the nobles, monks, merchants and rogues that chose to live in it – and keeping them all happy at the same time is never simple.

Its a really well done city sim with a nice sense of progress. Unfortunately, its still a bit rough around the edges, as in no walking animations and such, but this will definitely become a worthwhile game to play on release. I'll definitely grab a copy once its released if its not too expensive.

Great recommendation, Pylon! Added to OP.

Spice Road - Currently free Beta (PC)

Its a really well done city sim with a nice sense of progress. Unfortunately, its still a bit rough around the edges, as in no walking animations and such, but this will definitely become a worthwhile game to play on release. I'll definitely grab a copy once its released if its not too expensive.

Yeah, my main gripe is with the text! It might just be my resolution, but it was kinda tough to read. A long way to go, but one of those quiet ruminative little games.

Top Bottom