• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inexpensive Gaming Mouse (what's the best?)

JCK75

I'm currently supporting one work, one home, one gaming laptop, and two gaming PC's for my son (one at his moms and one with me)
I try to keep the costs down and I thought I had the perfect budget mouse in the steelseries but out of 4 of them 3 of them have a mouse wheel that just does not function (turns out this is a hardware flaw is almost all of their line).

So I'm seeking a mouse that is roughly as good for gaming but.. without the busted ass hardware issues.

Antwix

I started using random cheap Chinese mice off amazon for like $12. Wouldn't consider ever installing the software but they've lasted longer than any of the Logitech and Razer mice I've previously had. I've been using this "Hiraliy" mouse for like 5 years and it still works perfect. No double clicks, no scroll wheel issues, etc.

Final answer: Logitech 305

Trust me. Look no further. This was widely accepted as the best for a long time. I’ve had one for years. It uses a single AA, which I’ve only had to change three times(?)

It’s light. Comfortable. Durable. Fast wireless response with the dongle. Requires no software installation.

Oh, and it’s cheap. I paid $35 CAD for mine on sale.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Final answer: Logitech 305

Trust me. Look no further. This was widely accepted as the best for a long time. I’ve had one for years. It uses a single AA, which I’ve only had to change three times(?)

It’s light. Comfortable. Durable. Fast wireless response with the dongle. Requires no software installation.

Oh, and it’s cheap. I paid $35 CAD for mine on sale.

This is the one I have, can vouch

amigastar

The Logitech G502 Hero is in my opinion the best mouse there is (again, very subjective)
Doesn't cost too much, about 44 $

Last edited:
Deathadder v3 Wired. Probably the best mouse I've used. Super light, even lighter cord, zero chassis flex, just works as it should.
I've been out of the pc gaming loop for a while but I loved the Razer DeathAdder mouse back in the day. Cord never bothered me. I know the G502 is highly popular but it made my hand hurt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom