• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

element

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood screen. We did announce the price, $14.99 and release date today, October 25.

6151204644_28a72dcaa3_b.jpg

Thrakier

Oni Jazar said:
Awesome news! They should patch the whole game this way.

If I understand it right they make the whole game compatible!??

Whatever, Skill spoiler:
Why can I not use Ice jump and tether the same time? It would fit, both could be on R2...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Really looking forward to check these out with the Move. InFamous has probably the most complex controls to date from a Move-adaptation stand point as it heavily relies on super fast camera movements in every direction, not to mention its traversal shooting and jumping mechanics.

I don't really see it working well with the usual bounding box solution (imagine tweaking your jumping trajectory mid air with that...), so hopefully devs are going for a fixed reticule implementation a la PlayStation Move Heroes.

Anyway, if they can pull it off, we'll have every right to bitch at Naughty Dog for not implementing it in Uncharted 3 :p

Unity2012

element said:
We will be releasing a free update for inFAMOUS 2 in October that will enable Move support.

Congrats on the new job!

Can you guys please allow all gamers to get the rest of the skins? Buy or Free! Just an option to get them.

Thank you.

Rented this from Redbox, game is fucking fantastic. But I fear I don't have the time for it right now. Especially with Dark Souls coming out.

Will probably purchase or Goozex...

God damn what a great looking game though.

Thrakier

element said:
How did we do what? Add Move? Magic! Actually, we will be talking about it in greater detail soon. Stay tuned.

Funny guy. I meant how did you implement it. ;) I want details. And I want to know when the patch is out so I can plan my evil playthrough.

element

Thrakier said:
Funny guy. I meant how did you implement it. ;) I want details. And I want to know when the patch is out so I can plan my evil playthrough.
We will explain how Move works very soon. As for the date on the update, before Oct 25th.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
hey_it's_that_dog said:
erm excuse me *adjusts glasses* if Cole is a vampire how can he hold a cross as a weapon?

I looked up the entry for crucifix in my copy of The Vampire Book - Encyclopedia of the Undead (3rd Edition) *adjusts invisible glasses*, and the belief that vampires have an aversion towards crosses originated in Bram Stoker's Dracula, so it was not a widely held belief until Stoker published his boring as shit book seminal work. Even today some authors writing vampire stories don't ascribe to the belief that crosses work as a vampire repellant.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
element said:
We will explain how Move works very soon. As for the date on the update, before Oct 25th.

Will the Move patch also fix what patch 1.02 broke? I can't update my digital copy. It gets corrupted forcing me to re-download the whole thing.

Move support will be interesting as I've always kind of compared inFamous 2 to GIRP in how many buttons you have to hold at one time. If you guys can make it feel less complicated but still as fun, I say go for it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ShockingAlberto said:
Move support will be interesting as I've always kind of compared inFamous 2 to GIRP in how many buttons you have to hold at one time. If you guys can make it feel less complicated but still as fun, I say go for it.

Well, having camera control on the wrist allows for easier buttons access for sure (no need to move the right thumb away from buttons area).

As for actual buttons scheme, there are quite a few options there, but let's not forget the Move/Navi combo lacks a button compared to the DS3 (R3).

IIRC Infamous 2 uses L2 only for energy drain, but you need to hold it down. I don't think you can do anything with just tapping it? If so, that might serve as a free spot. Like, tap L2 for radar blip (instead of L3), hold to drain. Shoulder switch to L3 (instead of the R3 - which doesn't exist).

Edit - Of course it also depends on how/if they are going to put some gestures in. I don't see them used for close combat tho. Unless they implement a lock on system taking care of the camera while you waggle. Doubt it tho. Maybe forward jab for Blast powers (instead of L1 + X)?

Corto

TTP said:
Well, having camera control on the wrist allows for easier buttons access for sure (no need to move the right thumb away from buttons area).

As for actual buttons scheme, there are quite a few options there, but let's not forget the Move/Navi combo lacks a button compared to the DS3 (R3).

IIRC Infamous 2 uses L2 only for energy drain, but you need to hold it down. I don't think you can do anything with just tapping it? If so, that might serve as a free spot. Like, tap L2 for radar blip (instead of L3), hold to drain. Shoulder switch to L3 (instead of the R3 - which doesn't exist).

Edit - Of course it also depends on how/if they are going to put some gestures in. I don't see them used for close combat tho. Unless they implement a lock on system taking care of the camera while you waggle. Doubt it tho. Maybe forward jab for Blast powers (instead of L1 + X)?

Actually L2 tap functions as a radar blip, same as L3...

Thrakier

R_thanatos said:
maybe we'll know in FoB..but most likely in Infamous 3 if SP is considering it ...

Only saw the good ending so far. But it seems like the vampires bring him back to life...which is kinda...weird. ;D Would be strange for them to go for a third Infamous with an undead vampire cole. "Oh, between 2 and 3 Cole got resurrected by a vampire."

Done with the game, good ending. Was pretty epic and emotional. Overall the first one had more emotional impact throughout the game. I liked it more, that said Infamous 2 is still great. I'd wish for better mission design, especially side missions, and those monster are pure nonsense. Infamous has a good design overall but those monsters just didn't fit in. They seemed like some Mask or transformer toys from the 80s.

There are smoe trophies I expected to get but didn't, f.e. finishing all misions on island 1. There is no more mission. What can I do about that? Also I have WAAAAAY less XP to get all powers. I don't know why. It's not nearly enough, need more than 10k. Although I did all side missions and collected all shards etc. - strange. Any tip how to gain XP fast?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Thrakier said:
Not really. Just tapping it is enough to make Cole suck. Electricity. This won't happen with R3.

I tried this yesterday (after having re-downloaded 15GB, thanks patch 1.02 :/) and yeah, that's the case, but only as long as you are close to energy source. They might simply make it so that tapping pings radar even if source is nearby. Hold to actually suck.

Anyway, looking forward to more info.

CozMick

Banned
Just jumping in to say I'm buying this tomorrow, my backlog finally caught up with me.

I'm towards the end of the first game and hoping to finish before the night ends.

From the look of the PS Store are all the pre-order bonuses and Special edition items available to buy?

Thanks

Thrakier

Thrakier said:
There are smoe trophies I expected to get but didn't, f.e. finishing all misions on island 1. There is no more mission. What can I do about that? Also I have WAAAAAY less XP to get all powers. I don't know why. It's not nearly enough, need more than 10k. Although I did all side missions and collected all shards etc. - strange. Any tip how to gain XP fast?

Anyone?

Combichristoffersen

Thrakier said:

Quickest way to get XP would be to just plow through some of the easy UGC missions. Have you tried checking if there's any hidden package side missions you might have missed on island 1?

Thrakier

Combichristoffersen said:
Quickest way to get XP would be to just plow through some of the easy UGC missions. Have you tried checking if there's any hidden package side missions you might have missed on island 1?

All areas are cleard, so I guess there can't be a mission left...

EDIT:

Nevermind, got it.

I'm missing almost 10k XP! What the hell? I played through the game on hard...damn. Not balanced very well. How do I get 10k XP?

Whats the fastest way to change your karma? I just beat the game as evil cole and now want to see the good ending. I saved right before last mission so it'll be easier but its telling me i need to change to good cole.

Combichristoffersen

Kung Fu Grip said:
Whats the fastest way to change your karma? I just beat the game as evil cole and now want to see the good ending. I saved right before last mission so it'll be easier but its telling me i need to change to good cole.

To be honest, I think the fastest way would be to just breeze through the game again, doing a good Cole run.

Kung Fu Grip said:
it's a pain to change karma ..you've probably have cleared most events already and teh random events doesn't move teh metter that much ..See all the time you've taken to reach maximum metter ? you need twice that with less missions ...

Also replaying the game will allow you to do other choices ..what's more once you've beaten it twice ( with the end game save ) , you'll reach full unlocked skill status .. ( way better for UGC )

in short , replay the game .. by rushing this shoudn't take you that much of your time

Can anyone tell me if they've patched any of the complaints people had at launch? Such as rocket dudes being hyper annoying, and Cole feeling weaker than he did in the first game?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BruiserBear said:
Can anyone tell me if they've patched any of the complaints people had at launch? Such as rocket dudes being hyper annoying, and Cole feeling weaker than he did in the first game?

I don't think they patched anything affecting the single player game. AFAIK all patches released thus far are UGC-related.

R_thanatos said:
it's a pain to change karma ..you've probably have cleared most events already and teh random events doesn't move teh metter that much ..See all the time you've taken to reach maximum metter ? you need twice that with less missions ...

Also replaying the game will allow you to do other choices ..what's more once you've beaten it twice ( with the end game save ) , you'll reach full unlocked skill status .. ( way better for UGC )

in short , replay the game .. by rushing this shoudn't take you that much of your time
Yeah it took almost the whole game for me to turn evil. I see your point. I'll replay it i guess.

BruiserBear said:

Enemies in this game have better aim than robocop. So annoying.

DigiMish

Kung Fu Grip said:
Enemies in this game have better aim than robocop. So annoying.

Yea, but it's not like you die from 1 hit, even for the Rocket dudes. Just roll away when you hear the rocket "woosh" sound.

DigiMish

Also, I'm pretty sure Festival of Blood is one of those "what if?" scenarios and is not canon like Undead Nightmare for Red Dead Redemption.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I don't always understand the "too repetitive" complaint thrown about games like inFAMOUS.

While I admit that inFAMOUS had some repetitive missions, I think the skills at your disposal left you open for more variety in how you make fun for yourself.

inFAMOUS 2 is better in this regard, because they give you a bunch of powers, in a more varied game world.

Part of the fun of a game like i1 and i2 is coming up with fun ways to ruin the shit of your enemies.

One of my favorite things to do is Lightning Hook an enemy, attach a Sticky Grenade to him, then Force push him into either, a group of enemies, off of a rooftop, or into vehicles (which results in fun explosions).

Even in inFAMOUS 1, I never felt it got terribly repetitive, despite the repetitive mission structure. The stunts tried to give you some guidance as to what you could be doing to spice things up, but I feel the same way about a game like God of War. There are tools at your disposal. You don't have to smash Square Square Triangle all the time.

Festival of Blood has me hyped, and I'm in the planning stages of my next set of UGC missions (My first batch are here, if anyone is interested: http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/search.html?searchType=m_published. There are two versions of them; The ones with less plays are recently re-uploaded because I linked the series together so players would be able to find all 3 parts). I've been super busy, so I haven't been able to do much more with UGC.

i really think that the linkage of missions is a freaking good idea , especially after seeing THAT much story missions poping up and i Can't find a part of it ..if this isn't proof that they SP are listening , i don't know

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
R_thanatos said:
i really think that the linkage of missions is a freaking good idea , especially after seeing THAT much story missions poping up and i Can't find a part of it ..if this isn't proof that they SP are listening , i don't know

Me too. It was a shame that I couldn't just update my mission with the links. Instead, it re-uploaded them as new missions. But at least they are linked.

Yeah, it was a pain in the ass trying to track down multiple part missions. I'm really impressed with the quality of the UGC missions. It's inspiring, and pushing me to aim bigger with my own missions.

Top Bottom