• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Hanmik

Loved this game.. The second game where I bothered getting a Platinium Trophy (the other game being Resident Evil 5). So for me this is one of the best games for PS3 yet...

Hyuga

Banned
upJTboogie said:
It's possible, there was the lightning bolt in the shape of a ? above the boat.
That's not all. The lightning bold was striking into Cole's body/corpse.
So maybe it resurrected him ;) I HOPE SO!!!! Do it, Sucker Punch!!

Edgeward

Well, I thought I knew the good ending but then it had that little twist in roles that was a bit shocking.

Kinda weird they give you a choice but you're unable to make it since you need bad karma for the evil ending, but not a big deal. I'll get around to doing it sometime to get the plat.

The traversal is even better than the first one but like the first one the better traversal powers,
improved static thrusters and tether
, are put way too far near the end. The second area would've been so much more fun if I could
lighting swing
my way around the first time I was there.

Also rockets are not that great for the big enemies, I found way easier to cluster grenade them to death. A lot faster to take down those titans and elite enemies. But boy do I love freeze rockets on common fodder.

Another thing that would've been cool is if my powers didn't drain as quickly as they did. I felt it got in the way when I would need to constantly run around looking for a real power source because lamps and other small outputs gave you almost nothing.

But yea, way better than the first and I loved the first.

Edgeward said:
The traversal is even better than the first one but like the first one the better traversal powers,
improved static thrusters and tether
, are put way too far near the end. The second area would've been so much more fun if I could
lighting swing
my way around the first time I was there.

if you could , then the sense of danger from the second area would have been GONE

Edgeward

I will take that over the sense of being annoyed of going into waters, wires or ledges I did not want to be on. Or limited in my options of how to get from one place to another.

I don't need a sense of danger in traversing. I like to feel awesome and like a superhero.

Edgeward said:
I will take that over the sense of being annoyed of going into waters, wires or ledges I did not want to be on. Or limited in my options of how to get from one place to another.

I don't need a sense of danger in traversing. I like to feel awesome and like a superhero.
that might seems weird but they just tried to balance things out ... not give every power right from the start . Also i really think some mossion would be broken with lighting theter or ice launch . they give it to you when you REALLY NEED to move across far away points from the map .

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
BruceLeeRoy said:
Using Ice launch to hover to electric drop is soooooo bad ass. How have I ever lived without ice launch.
I miss doing the ice launch then hover on evil playthrough so fucking bad. This time around evil powers just sucks compared to good powers. definitely going to do the hard playthrough on good!

Kuo > Nix in terms of powers, definitely!

Edgeward said:
Another thing that would've been cool is if my powers didn't drain as quickly as they did. I felt it got in the way when I would need to constantly run around looking for a real power source because lamps and other small outputs gave you almost nothing.

But yea, way better than the first and I loved the first.
I just use cars for that, drain electricity and use normal bolts on them to kinda "recharge" em for a bit then drain again!

Madrical

Banned
Finished it tonight. I'm a massive fan of the first, but I just hadn't got around to really sitting down and playing through it until lately. I'm gonna spoiler it all just to be safe:

Gameplay was freaking awesome. They improved the gameplay of inFamous 1 quite a lot which is a big feat considering how fun the first was. I loved the new powers, switching on the go was handy, missions were okay, not horrible but not great. Graphics were improved a fair bit, but being a PC gamer now there were a lot of jaggies which made me sad :(

Everything else however, sucked. The characters were horrible, the story was insanely stupid and the endings.. well, I did like the contrast of the two. They were obviously completely different to eachother. I got the good ending since I was playing good and was really surprised that Cole died. I then youtube'd the evil ending because I doubt I'll do another playthrough and found it to be better. However this pretty much ends the franchise at least for Cole, since he's flat out evil or just dead now.

I just couldn't believe how bad the characters and cutscenes were though. They were EVER so slightly improved over the first, but really. Also, The Beast was a horrible design, horrible boss fight (both times) and kind of random the way they just went "oh hey, it's John by the way."

I don't know what to think. To me it was exactly the same as the first. Really fun gameplay, shit story and HORRIBLE characters. I'd give it a 6/10 (using the full 10, so above average but nothing to write home about). Pretty annoying because I really loved the first one. This improved on gameplay but not really anything else, which is silly because the gameplay in the first was by far the best thing and everything else needed improving. Arr well. Still enjoyed it.

Just played a couple of those features UGC missions and none of them were mindblowing, the hand crafted monster was especially bad.

The "Get to the Top" mission was nice though, I think I would rather play platforming UGC instead of combat ones.

Holy crap. Just finished my evil playthrough. Did not expect it to be that huge a deviation from the good playthrough, but hot damn...

Bad Ending Spoilers:
Flying alongside the Beast was badass! Really did not expect Cole to kill Zeke. Very emotional scene. I think I still prefer the Good ending...

Also, I didn't know you get a bonus if you beat both Good and Evil:
Slight spoiler:
ALL the powers unlocked! Very nice touch. Ice Launch to Hellfire Rockets is so much win.

Many thanks to Sucker Punch, this was one hell of a game. There needs to be another Infamous, NOW! I still haven't even touched the UGC yet, so its about time I get on that. ;)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Hated both endings..but I loved the game! Also, I take back what I said before and it makes me sad to say this but there is no way there can be another Infamous after this game considering how different good and evil endings are.
bad ending, Zeke is dead. Good ending Cole is dead. Even if Cole were to be resurrected by the lightening at the end of good ending, it still wouldn't work. Zeke is always heavily involved with Cole and the missions he does, it wouldn't make sense to have Zeke helping Cole in the good playthrough and somebody else replacing him in evil. I dunno if I'm making any sense but I just don't see it happening. There is a chance they might go for prequel but I don't want no stinky prequel!! :\

Raonak

Banned
As stupid as the concept of vampire cole sounds,
I'm pretty excited for festival of blood.

I hope it's also avaliable as I2 DLC, for a cheaper price.

RatskyWatsky said:
I've been on the lookout for inFamous 2 deals since it's launch, and so far, there aren't any that I'm aware of. Despite being one of my most wanted games this year, I decided to wait for a price drop since pretty much every game now days seems to drop in price just a few weeks after launch. I can't believe it hasn't dropped yet, although maybe it's a sign that it's selling well?

A lot of the Sony 1st party games don't drop until they are GH.

It's $44, just go and buy it.

Raonak said:
As stupid as the concept of vampire cole sounds,
I'm pretty excited for festival of blood.

I hope it's also avaliable as I2 DLC, for a cheaper price.
sadly it won't .

Downloadable only it seems and stand alone ..kinda like quest for booty for the ratchet and clank series.

I hope this expansion will be lenghty and i hope they won't hesitate for the "drinking parts"

Almost done with evil playthrough, not sure if evil run is more fun or not, I feel like sabotaging every single hold-up and hostage situation by killing everyone, and it's nice to shoot someone in the head and trigger an explosion in every encounter.

Boombloxer said:
A lot of the Sony 1st party games don't drop until they are GH.

It's $44, just go and buy it.

Looks like Amazon has it used for $30 with free shipping. But they say the codes may have been used. How important are the codes that come with it? I'll bite on this since I've been waiting on a drop and $30 is my point where I'll be at for a single player only game.

HYDE

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Using Ice launch to hover to electric drop is soooooo bad ass. How have I ever lived without ice launch.

Made me forget about CrackDown I love it soo much. It's indeed wowsome.

Sinthetic

Almost done with the game on my good playthrough. It is pretty repetitive, but I really enjoy how it keeps the intensity ramping up throughout.

Needs more comic cutscenes!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So finished on good and bad, unlocks all the powers when you finish................ but there's fuck all enemies around to use the powers on. Hopefully there's something Sucker Punch can do.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
So finished on good and bad, unlocks all the powers when you finish................ but there's fuck all enemies around to use the powers on. Hopefully there's something Sucker Punch can do.
They did do something. It's called UGC.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
there are more side missions this time and there is UGC .New marais is pretty much alive compared to the barrens of empire city post game.

I finally got around to finish this today. Loved the first one and liked this one a lot too. Got the good ending and youtubed the bad one.

I hate the fact that the bad ending seems a lot more polished than the good one. Also I was totally expecting
the return of some characters from the first game, like Sasha or Alden
also the whole story/plot seems incredibly mashed together.

At this point I'm sure Sucker Punch does the opening and the ending of the game first, then just mash together some filler to put in the middle. It really felt like this on Infamous 2, Infamous 1 and was even more obvious with Sly 3.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Why did this game not get more attention? It is a ton of fun, improves on the first in every way possible and managed to get me to replay it immediately after beating it. My schedule permits me so little time to play games, plus I have an addiction to buying games on sale leading me to having a ridiculous backlog - which makes me feel forced to finish up games as quickly as possible.

Yet I replayed this immediately after beating it. Even went as far as to Platinum it which is something I have only done once before.

I loved both endings because they managed to mess with my emotions in different ways, something video games rarely ever do to me.

Spoilers for the good ending:
I loved the game so much that Cole dying at the end just left me bummed out. Maybe this is what prompted me to replay the game, squeezing all I could out of it. His death, followed by the haunting credits just made me feel like this would be his last appearance.

Spoilers for the bad ending:
The actual ending itself was bleh. But having to kill Zeke is what did me in. People talk about killing the Boss in MGS3 was dramatic for them, but I didn't feel anything towards that character. Zeke though, I felt was built in this game to be more of a friend than in the previous game. He is just so ridiculous, flawed, and at times just unable to articulate well that he seems like someone who would be real. Being forced to kill him while he has no chance to stop you, just made me cringe. Which is a triumph because it's the first time a game has made me do something "evil" that actually made me wish I didn't have to.

Such a good game. Can't wait for the ridiculous sounding Vampire expansion. I clearly have a boner for this franchise because I went out to buy the Special Edition just to own the ridiculous backpack that I will never wear. :-/

Hyuga

Banned
(With Uncharted) the best franchise this gen.
Hoping for inFamous 3 as soon as possible :)
WITH Colde McGrath!!!!!

Finally picked this game up the other day and WOW I forgot how fun this series is. I loved Infamous and I'm loving this game. I chose good for the first play through and I just have to say that I love the ice jump. I also love Kuo, Nix is an ugly bitch.

I just finished the mission where I
took pictures of Bertrand changing some guy into a freak.

I only problem I have is the game has some aliasing issues and it can get kind of bad, but it's nothing that would make me stop playing.

Great game so far.

IPoopStandingUp said:
Why did this game not get more attention? It is a ton of fun, improves on the first in every way possible and managed to get me to replay it immediately after beating it. My schedule permits me so little time to play games, plus I have an addiction to buying games on sale leading me to having a ridiculous backlog - which makes me feel forced to finish up games as quickly as possible.

Yet I replayed this immediately after beating it. Even went as far as to Platinum it which is something I have only done once before.

I loved both endings because they managed to mess with my emotions in different ways, something video games rarely ever do to me.

Spoilers for the good ending:
I loved the game so much that Cole dying at the end just left me bummed out. Maybe this is what prompted me to replay the game, squeezing all I could out of it. His death, followed by the haunting credits just made me feel like this would be his last appearance.

Spoilers for the bad ending:
The actual ending itself was bleh. But having to kill Zeke is what did me in. People talk about killing the Boss in MGS3 was dramatic for them, but I didn't feel anything towards that character. Zeke though, I felt was built in this game to be more of a friend than in the previous game. He is just so ridiculous, flawed, and at times just unable to articulate well that he seems like someone who would be real. Being forced to kill him while he has no chance to stop you, just made me cringe. Which is a triumph because it's the first time a game has made me do something "evil" that actually made me wish I didn't have to.

Such a good game. Can't wait for the ridiculous sounding Vampire expansion. I clearly have a boner for this franchise because I went out to buy the Special Edition just to own the ridiculous backpack that I will never wear. :-/

It is fun, and did get attention, however, some of the combat changes worked better in the first game (basic bolt uses no energy, moving with the shield).

So, while the story-telling was better, the overall encounter/mission design was better, and some of the powers more interesting, some people feel that 1 is better.

Now, that said, I3 is a day-one buy.

Boombloxer said:
It is fun, and did get attention, however, some of the combat changes worked better in the first game (basic bolt uses no energy, moving with the shield).

So, while the story-telling was better, the overall encounter/mission design was better, and some of the powers more interesting, some people feel that 1 is better.

Now, that said, I3 is a day-one buy.

if i could have the shield UP while moving , this game would have been broken

i mean some fights would have been boring ..and some ennemies would have lost all their dangerousness as well

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
R_thanatos said:
if i could have the shield UP while moving , this game would have been broken

i mean some fights would have been boring ..and some ennemies would have lost all their dangerousness as well
Ya, I actually didn't take up the Shield power because I felt it would have broken the game for me.

Infamous 1 was a much harder game. There were moments in there, such as when running through powered-down areas where I didn't feel super powered at all. That wasn't the case in Infamous 2 but it was still a hoot.

I also love that the voice acting is leagues better than the first. Cole doesn't sound as much like a meth-addict.

Raonak

Banned
God no.

I'm glad of what they did to it in I2, Forces people to stop spamming basic bolt.

And it also truly felt like a "ah, fuck!" moment when you realise you have no energy left- I enjoy the recharge electricity gimmic.

Raonak said:
God no.

I'm glad of what they did to it in I2, Forces people to stop spamming basic bolt.

And it also truly felt like a "ah, fuck!" moment when you realise you have no energy left- I enjoy the recharge electricity gimmic.
I thought being completely helpless when you has no electricity was a really bad design choice personally. There's some changes they made with no explanation, not being able to recharge while grinding, no standard bolt.

Raonak

Banned
upJTboogie said:
I thought being completely helpless when you has no electricity was a really bad design choice personally. There's some changes they made with no explanation, not being able to recharge while grinding, no standard bolt.

Well, you still had melee.
no standard bolt made more sense, you're out of electricity.... yet you can still fire bolts :|

no recharge while grinding was a stupid removal though. Hopefully it'll be back for festival of blood.

Raonak said:
Well, you still had melee.
no standard bolt made more sense, you're out of electricity.... yet you can still fire bolts :|

no recharge while grinding was a stupid removal though. Hopefully it'll be back for festival of blood.
Yeah that is true, but it made the game less fun, and slowed things down since you always had to run back to something charged just to start fighting again. Melee was effective but only on small groups.

Raonak

Banned
upJTboogie said:
Yeah that is true, but it made the game less fun, and slowed things down since you always had to run back to something charged just to start fighting again. Melee was effective but only on small groups.

I thought it made it more fun, I like jucing up of electricity. kept me on my toes and made me plan for encounters a bit better.

upJTboogie said:

Exactly ..it was to reinforce the idea that you could still use melee.

i kinda missed the fact that you didn't recharge while grinding .. ( THAT would have been better )

During the trophy in a powered down area ..looking for sources of energy made what should have been a shore , kinda FUN for me.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Having the standard bolt use electricity was a shitty decision, but it was even worse to not let you recharge when grinding. I hope they'll bring those two things back for Festival of Blood and inFamous 3, if they ever make one.

Top Bottom