• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Finished it. All shards, all areas cleared. Two dead drops were left which I couldn't find, but oh well.

Definitely better than the first game, which I loved a lot, so I'm glad this was a worthy sequel. I chose the good ending so I'm wondering if that will be canon, since it ends on a rather... final note.

Edit: Goddamn, the evil ending looks so much better!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Finished it. All shards, all areas cleared. Two dead drops were left which I couldn't find, but oh well.

Definitely better than the first game, which I loved a lot, so I'm glad this was a worthy sequel. I chose the good ending so I'm wondering if that will be canon, since it ends on a rather... final note.

Edit: Goddamn, the evil ending looks so much better!

Regarding the good ending, there is one little detail..
When the lightning strikes the boat, it forms a question mark, implying that Cole might not be dead

Also, there's at least one dead drop back in the swamp area where you started the game, and I think you get a trophy for returning there too.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So I just completed this and came away very impressed. A few minor changes I wasn't a fan of, but everything else (graphics, performance, mission variety, powers, etc) was all very improved from the first one. The game is just flat out fun to play around in.

Been playing this for a few weeks now and it's been great. Ran into a trophy glitch though w/c I hope can be fixed.

My internet connection had to be fixed for a couple of days so I was playing the game with my PS3 offline. I've managed to finish all 60 side missions (meaning all three parts of new marais are now my territories) but I noticed that the trophies for conquering the three parts of new Marais (Land lord, it's my town now, etc) have not unlocked. Is it because I played while offline? Is there any way to unlock the trophies or do I have to play the game again?

Thanks!

wouwie

Decided to give this another go after i stopped playing long time ago but i'm still not feeling it despite loving the original. I'm currently at chapter 22, i think.

I don't know... i have a feeling Sucker Punch ran out of mission ideas very fast in this game. I've done a bunch of main missions and they all feel and play the same and mostly consist of throwing as many enemies as possible at you. Where are the fun traversal levels from inFamous 1 (trash tower, prison, sewer sections,...) or even the varied main missions? These missions provided the much needed variety that a game like this needs. It just feels like taking out an endless amount of the same enemies? The whole of New Marais feels the same and the city feels dead (mostly due to the weird sound mixing).

The cast of characters is bland too (i hate Nix). Story is confusing and doesn't hold my interest as much as the first one did. The choices for good or bad seem even more obvious than in the first game.

At this point, it feels like an endless grind for powers doing the same missions over and over.

Does it ever change? Any traversal levels to be done later on? Varied missions? Are there other more interesting areas?

Sucker Punch had a very good game and new IP with inFamous 1 but failed to do anything with it in the sequel, on the contrary. I'm still convinced they could make an awesome game out of this IP and game so i'm still hoping they nail it in inFamous 3 (if that ever happens). But 2 feels like a missed opportunity.

StuBurns

Banned
Hello Gents, I was wondering, the Samurai Sword was preorder DLC I believe, is it available as normal DLC now?

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems if you're in the US you can get it free, but in Europe you have to pay a few quid for it bundled with some other crap, never mind, I still want it, and have low sales resistance.

wouwie

Finished the game yesterday. I would give it 7/10. For reference, i would give inFamous 1 9/10.

Some points:
+ nice soundtrack
+ solid graphics engine which performed nicely
+ much improved in-game cutscenes
+ core gameplay and controls are still good and fun
+ flood town was a nice location
+ nice presentation (awesome comic book cutscenes)

- weapon upgrade system with stunts
- weird sound mix (city noises)
- very uninspired missions with little to no variety, no memorable missions at all
- too many "let's throw a lot of enemies at once at the player" missions
- power up missions were not enjoyable at all (contrary to inFamous 1)
- virtually no traversal missions (the biggest dissapointment) (Trash tower and Prison were amongst the most memorable missions in inFamous 1)
- confusing story
- uninteresting cast of characters (including Cole, who was a lot more interesting in inFamous 1)

inFamous 3 will need a lot of changes in oder to get me excited again for this franchise.

Skidd

I have not played in a while but are there any really interesting custom story missions available?

I've liked most of the missions with crazy stunts and climbing. There's a custom mission that takes you out of bounds of the city and below it, thought it was pretty neat.

I've only managed to put out one decent mission called Soul Searching, a sort of a survival mission where you have to collect orbs while enemies chase you. Plus, it's a one hit and you're dead, so it's kind of a bitch.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sorry for the slight bump. Just wanted to inform you the second part of my inFamous 2 / Festival of Blood PlayStation Move analysis is finally up! :)

Enjoy

Infamous2.jpg

http://youtu.be/KyFHk6Sa5hA?hd=1

A.R.K

Just got this game and I can't even start it. It tries to install in the beginning but the slider moves too fast. After that when I start a new game, the screen is just black. I can hear some sounds but no video. I had to hard boot my PS3. I have tried it for 5 times and same results after even deleting the game data. My PS3 is running fine and can play other games.

Does anyone know what the problem is with this game? WTF

A.R.K

Wow, I haven't heard of that problem before. Maybe there's a problem with the actual game disc? Check for any scratches or cracks.

Thanks for replying. The disc seems fine. I'll get a new disc today and try it again. Google search did show that other ppl have had similar issues with the install. Hopefully its just a bad disc issue.

Ive been playing this for a while.

the graphics are really improved over the first. I have to say the pyrotechnics in this game are some of the best ive seen. The smoke trails, thunderbolts etc is really awesome.

I dont understand why this series isnt more popular. I think its one of the more enjoyble super hero games yet.

Angst

the graphics are really improved over the first. I have to say the pyrotechnics in this game are some of the best ive seen. The smoke trails, thunderbolts etc is really awesome.

I dont understand why this series isnt more popular. I think its one of the more enjoyble super hero games yet.

It's a good game, but I found it got a bit repetitive after a while. To be honest I enjoyed the first game more than the second for some reason. I haven't made it beyond the flooded part though, probably time to finish this some time soon.

Stand alone extension was on the top list of PSN for at least a month ( i recall ) and the reception to both games were very positive ...

really i think that the game isn't more popular because it doesn't have a multiplayer aspect ..
( and i'm fine that it doesn't have one )
Infamous 3 is preordered as sson as it's annonced for me.

hell i'd take a vita prequel or something ...

Bollocks

For the second playtrough can you carry over your character or do you start at 0?
I like it so far, even though I miss the big traversal missions from inFamous 1

Is there a dead drop glitch in this game? I have beaten it fully, explored the entire city, collected all shards, taken over all territories, yet I was always 2 drops short of 29. So I turned to maps online to see where I could be missing them, and I have scoured every area where the maps show there should be birds, and nothing. So I still sit with 27/29 drops. Pissing me off.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Is there a dead drop glitch in this game? I have beaten it fully, explored the entire city, collected all shards, taken over all territories, yet I was always 2 drops short of 29. So I turned to maps online to see where I could be missing them, and I have scoured every area where the maps show there should be birds, and nothing. So I still sit with 27/29 drops. Pissing me off.

Not that I know of. Have you gone back to the bayou where you started the game to get the dead drop there?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I am doing my evil play through hoping for a platinum. I'm worried the hard difficulty trophies might not work. I switched to hard at the beginning when you get off the boat. It has not switched to normal (I read that happens?).

Did I do it wrong, will this be the only trophy I won't get and make me rage?

I am doing my evil play through hoping for a platinum. I'm worried the hard difficulty trophies might not work. I switched to hard at the beginning when you get off the boat. It has not switched to normal (I read that happens?).

Did I do it wrong, will this be the only trophy I won't get and make me rage?

the only way to be totally sure is to switch to hard and then begin a new run

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Well I managed to get it anyhow. Loved the evil ending, I felt so bad but it was well done. The whole game is just near flawless. Loved the story and the characters. Overall it might be my favorite game this gen. I really hope the do something with the franchise next gen.

lunchtoast

Doing my second run on evil now. Going to try and platinum this before the ACIII comes out. I feel it's better than the first one, but I'm not a big fan of the location, and it's basically the same game over again. Despite the ending I was wondering what kind of location they would do if they made a third one.

Number45

I'm just running through this now. Playing good/normal then I'll move onto hard/evil same as I did with the original.

The first is one of my favourite games this generation, but I'm not feeling the characters here (including Cole). Frankly it's going to be hard to take the evil route and side with Nix next time out.

Does the evil power track still have the grenade splitting power?

KAL2006

Banned
I think I have ran into a glitch. Basically I was playing this game with Move, however I have decided I prefer Dualshocl but the problem I am having is that I can't hover in this game unless I play with Move. When I hold onto X I only jump and cannot hover but when I hold X using Move controls I can hover.

jwk94

For the "all powers" trophy, do I need all the powers on one save? or can I go all good on one & all evil + neutral on another?

Number45

For the "all powers" trophy, do I need all the powers on one save? or can I go all good on one & all evil + neutral on another?
I did a normal good playthrough and a hard evil one, getting all of the trophies along the way.

As you complete the game for a second time you get a little boost that will make the grind easier. :)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I did a normal good playthrough and a hard evil one, getting all of the trophies along the way.

As you complete the game for a second time you get a little boost that will make the grind easier. :)
But to actually answer the question, you get the trophy for doing either of the following.

1. All good powers + all neutral powers
2. All evil powers + all neutral powers

You don't need to do both for the trophy, only one of them.

jwk94

But to actually answer the question, you get the trophy for doing either of the following.

1. All good powers + all neutral powers
2. All evil powers + all neutral powers

You don't need to do both for the trophy, only one of them.

They really should make that clear from the get go. I wasted that 15k on getting some of the ice powers -_-

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, I was replaying the game, checking out the UGC along the way.

Sucker Punch recommended the "featured" filter, but what the fuck? Is it broken?

I mean, my God. Some of that shit is pure garbage. SP featured this stuff? There was one with 56 plays called ??? and you just spawned, killed like 3 dudes, and it finished.

There is no fucking way it was featured.

Also, I can't scroll through a list and select UGC missions to play. I have to search the name if I want to play it rather than hovering around the whole city.

Is there a UGC master list I can refer to to see the best stuff?

probably the best ps3 exclusive imo. impressed me that they managed to make zeke tolerable too.

at first i thought it sucked to lose amon tobin on the soundtrack. but the new one was pretty good. I really liked the theme they gave cole. i wish it was in the first. we could have had a unified theme like batman or spiderman. something memorable for the character. but at least they tried with the second game.

talking about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o1bMUSeShI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyELSUaNBno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZHrVKtkaZ4

just an overall fun game to play around with. it's the only game i've played so far too that's made me feel like a legit superhero in the city.

Mikey Jr.

Just got the plat.

1. What did you guys think about ugc? Lots of it seemed like garbage. Only ones that were fun were climbing towers and ring races.
2. What a massive missed opportunity with the lack of mp. I mean, the possibilities are mind blowing.
3. The good and bad ending were fucking VASTLY different. Which one is going to be cannon?
4. Second son. Coles brother?
5. About to start festival of blood. I have heard good things.

SxP

1. What did you guys think about ugc? Lots of it seemed like garbage. Only ones that were fun were climbing towers and ring races.

Just reaching 5 ugc mission in the new filter was a chore. A lot of mission with no win condition, even more missions which deactivate all your skills and just leave you with melee. And yeah, a lot of platforming, but more shitty platforming than fun platforming. So when I got that trophy I just repeated a short mission 20 times to get the plat. I wasted enough time playing missions to only find out at the end that there was no win condition to do it the normal way.

Top Bottom