• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

The franchise doesn't deserve another chance after Shadowfall. I was amazed at how bad the campaign was. Killzone 3's wasn't as great as Killzone 2's, but it wasn't bad. Shadowfall just wasn't good at all. It was really disappointing.

Now that I think about it, I would like one more if it were guaranteed to redeem the franchise, but I do not think they can, so it's probably time for Guerrilla to move on.

Killzone is one of the few interesting IPs that sony still work on and shadowfall was fantastic. GG have certainly done a lot more than sucker punch

S¡mon;104987387 said:
The game isn't out until Friday... how is Amazon shipping it late?
No, I just went through a bunch of bullshit with Amazon and my Ground Zero pre-order. It was supposed to arrive on it's release date, but it didn't even ship until last night. And yes, I have Prime. And no, I won't be re-newing that subscription because this nonsense keeps happening.

by the time he gets his amazon order he will have it downloaded and played at least 6 hours.
More like I'll have played it for about 3 days.

Violater

No, I just went through a bunch of bullshit with Amazon and my Ground Zero pre-order. It was supposed to arrive on it's release date, but it didn't even ship until last night. And yes, I have Prime. And no, I won't be re-newing that subscription because this nonsense keeps happening.

Seriously they have been slipping lately.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Seriously they have been slipping lately.

"Release day" cop of Dark Souls came on Thursday. Tried to cancel on Tuesday (when it hadn't shipped) and was told, "Too late. . ." I'm not sure I'll be renewing either, even though I'm still on a student account. They have been slipping and haven't been very apologetic about it.

Ordered from GS, so at least in theory I can pick my game up when they open versus waiting until 5 or 6PM on Friday.

usually it starts at $299 now but be cautious as some may be broken even when labeled "like new"

I'm pretty sure the Warehouse doesn't sell broken consoles.

Squalor

Killzone is one of the few interesting IPs that sony still work on and shadowfall was fantastic. GG have certainly done a lot more than sucker punch
Wow, "fantastic" . . .

"Fantastic" is the kind of adjective you reserve for a game like Infamous: Second Son. Having beaten it, I can definitely say it is fantastic.

Killzone: Shadowfall, however, isn't even close.

foxdvd

Mine too! Just finished the game and I think it's the best superhero game I've ever played. This, to me, is the first "great" next gen game, this is why you should buy a PS4.

better than the Batman Arkham games?...I need to calm down a bit..

Wow, "fantastic" . . .

"Fantastic" is the kind of adjective you reserve for a game like Infamous: Second Son. Having beaten it, I can definitely say it is fantastic.

Killzone: Shadowfall, however, isn't even close.
I haven't played played infamous SS but the only game that SuckerPunch has made that is "fantastic" is the original Sly Cooper. Don't blame be for being a little skeptical.

Skilletor

I haven't played played infamous SS but the only game that SuckerPunch has made that is "fantastic" is the original Sly Cooper. Don't blame be for being a little skeptical.

I haven't liked ANY Suckerpunch game, including the previous two infamous games.

I would say this game is fantastic.

"Release day" cop of Dark Souls came on Thursday. Tried to cancel on Tuesday (when it hadn't shipped) and was told, "Too late. . .".
Same thing with me and my Ground Zeroes pre-order. They told me it was too late to cancel, so I called them and raised holy hell. Got a refund, then last night started getting emails saying it shipped. So now I have to catch the UPS guy and refuse the package. I mean, I guess I understand it was too late for them to stop the shipment, but if they had prepared the shipment on time in the first place, I wouldn't have had to go through any of this nonsense. And now they're raising the price of Prime to $100? Yeah, no thanks Amazon.

Squalor

Where'd you find an early copy? I wanna wait for Gamefly, but that's likely to mean Wednesday next week for me because of the weekend.
A guy was selling dozens of them on eBay late last week.

I was lucky enough to get mine early from a "mom and pop" game store on Friday night.

AwRy108

Hey, NewEgg shipped my Ground Zero pre- order on 3/13, but the ass-hats used DHL--it still hasn't been delivered, and it only has to travel from TN to PA. Would've been happier with Amazon..,

DNAbro

Amazon better not mess it up. They got DK and Bravely Default day 1 so I'm hoping(praying/begging) they don't mess this up considering I am 1000x more hyped for this game than those.

dcx4610

Looks like some stores are putting it out early. My local Target had several copies on the shelf. Not sure if the cashier would have been stopped if you tried to check out with one though. I know Walmart warns the cashier now they are breaking street date.

Looks like some stores are putting it out early. My local Target had several copies on the shelf. Not sure if the cashier would have been stopped if you tried to check out with one though. I know Walmart warns the cashier now they are breaking street date.

The system wouldn't allow it anyways. it's locked for friday.

I was lucky enough to get mine early from a "mom and pop" game store on Friday night.

Ah yeah, I knew about the Cheetah stuff that went down, was just curious if a chain was breaking street date. Had no luck actually buying early from Kmart lately, even though they usually put things out early. Don't think there's a "mom and pop" game store within 100 miles of me.

Skilletor

Where'd you find an early copy? I wanna wait for Gamefly, but that's likely to mean Wednesday next week for me because of the weekend.

This. Was lucky and got a copy early.

My gripes with the previous infamous games was traversal and pretty much feeling like every power was just pea shooter and grenade. There's still some of that, and I know people will say that traversal got better in the other inFamous games and post gives of ice jumps or whatever, but there was nothing as cool, early on, in the other games as the powers in this game.

The other inFamous games didn't make me want to get more powers. This game I can't wait to see what's next.

Still don't understand why anyone would ever order online if you intend to play on release day.

I've had more good luck with Amazon than I have had bad times with them (usually something way before an item ships anyway).

I have prime which gives me release day delivery and I managed to order in time to get the collectors edition. They usually ship via UPS and my ups guy comes at 9:30ish on the mornings there are deliveries so...I'm okay with that.

I enjoy free shipping and not having to leave my house.

Oh and I don't really support GameStop, wal mart and best buy are nowhere near walking distance and I don't feel like driving.

Seriously tho, unless its a midnight release with a signing (like my MGS4 <3), I don't see a reason to go to a store.

The Llama

Really can't wait for the review embargo to be lifted so I can pre-order this... Seeing everyone who played it early all hyped is killing me, but I just want that last bit of validation (seeing as I have pretty much no money haha).

Dinjooh

When do reviews drop? Do we know?

As far as my google-fu tells me, it's around 14'o'clock UTC.

Xw8z2x9.png

counter.gif

Still don't understand why anyone would ever order online if you intend to play on release day.
1) Amazon used to be really good about getting games to consumers on the day of release.
2) I've traditionally bought physical copies of games.
2) Fuck Gamestop.

That said, I think from now on I'm just going to go digital on the PS4. It's not like they give you game manuals anymore or anything significant other than the disc, so fuck it. Digital it is.

It helps to have Amazon Prime, though, as that is guaranteed.
Didn't help me any.

Squalor

1) Amazon used to be really good about getting games to consumers on the day of release.
2) I've traditionally bought physical copies of games.
2) Fuck Gamestop.

That said, I think from now on I'm just going to go digital on the PS4. It's not like they give you game manuals anymore or anything significant other than the disc, so fuck it. Digital it is.

Didn't help me any.
Do you live in the middle of nowhere?

I live in a metropolitan, and Amazon always delivers on time or early.

i was debating going digital or not this gen. Does Sony have a system in place to allow you to recover your game if your system is stolen and do they have a good safety net for recovering stolen PSN accounts? I have Amazon student prime ($60/year) and they have always got new releases on time to me, even the PS4. I just wish digital offered something worth the investment, like 10 dollars off all games digitally.

Back to Second Son, this game is amazing! Last night I let my SO take over and jus roam the city and she enjoyed just walking around and fighting random people. The graphics are top notch and I would be disappointed if this game got anything less than a 9 out of 10. Hopefully I can finish the game before tomorrow when reviews come out and spoil most things for me. I'm 64% done with the game but I'm not sure if that includes collectible so I may be even closer to finishing the main story.

Squalor

Does anybody know when the next part of the Paper Trail is supposed to open up?
Which part? A few other and I were able to connect to part two earlier this week. I still cannot get to part three.

Magicman said someone claimed to have been able to connect to part three yesterday.

I imagine Friday is the day they open the flood gates permanently, though.

Squalor

i was debating going digital or not this gen. Does Sony have a system in place to allow you to recover your game if your system is stolen and do they have a good safety net for recovering stolen PSN accounts? I have Amazon student prime ($60/year) and they have always got new releases on time to me, even the PS4. I just wish digital offered something worth the investment, like 10 dollars off all games digitally. .
Are you paying for PlayStation Plus? If so, yes, you can recover everything with the cloud.

Do you live in the middle of nowhere?

I live in a metropolitan, and Amazon always delivers on time or early.
Ha, no I live in southern California. Granted, I don't live in the city, but it's a fairly robust suburban area.

Anyway, enough of the Amazon BS. I don't want to keep bitching about it and sidelining this thread.

Games soo gud..I can't get enough. Gorgeous city, so much to do and gameplay is very satisfying.

I haven't done much SP got caught up cleaning up the city. I'm almost jelly of some of you who will fire this up for the first time come this Fri. Y'all in for a treat.

Top Bottom