• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Bog

Junior Ace
Since you can't really preorder this at best buy, I'm curious if their copies will have the DLC codes. Anyone know?

Since you can't really preorder this at best buy, I'm curious if their copies will have the DLC codes. Anyone know?

Huh you can't? I preordered online and it says I'll be emailed the preorder code (my game has actually already shipped I think)

Slightly bummed I preordered on PSN. I get that $10 which is good but knowing them, they aren't going to update until late and then it's going to take forever to download. I've waited this long. What's one more day

farisr

Still don't understand why anyone would ever order online if you intend to play on release day.

Well I personally don't expect release day, but also hate friday release dates (mail service doesn't operate on Saturday and Sundays over here). I preordered when there was no release date set.

Anyways, the reason I preordered online, I got a killer price. $45 including taxes. And it's not as big an issue for me, as what I will do if it looks like the game won't be arriving on Friday, I'll just go out to the retail store and buy one. Return the online copy when it arrives, to the store.

Squalor

Is it cheaper on PSN for you? If so, maybe you can buy PSN cards using your store credit and buy digital instead.
In the US, it's not cheaper. I doubt it's any cheaper in the UK.

It's a real shame it's not cheaper. That would make switching to digital more compelling.

BashNasty

Maybe but all I know is that Tom Chick is not gonna like it. He'll probably give it 3 stars. Which is where he lines up for Sony exclusives.

Tom Chick is simply honest about his feelings for a game. He gives plenty of AAA games across all platforms fantastic scores, just as he gives plenty of them bad scores. He's one of the most interesting reviewers out there, and very refreshing to read if you're not one to get hung up on reviews that differ from your own opinion.

Look at Mr. I Go to Fancy Best Buy over here.

Haha, well played. I was just saying that I know my Best Buy did away with preorder cards and make you go to a display. It will let you print out tickets as long as they are getting enough copies to fill the orders, if not it will lock you out of printing one.

Basch

Having beaten it, I would say that is a fair score for the game.

It's great.

Polygon won't like it.

Isn't an 85 a great score though? At least I think it is. Of course it is not as meaningful as movies, tv shows, or even music equivalents but I'd say it's still great.

Squalor

Haha, well played. I was just saying that I know my Best Buy did away with preorder cards and make you go to a display. It will let you print out tickets as long as they are getting enough copies to fill the orders, if not it will lock you out of printing one.
Yeah, I know. I was just messing around. I haven't been to a Best Buy in a while, but that method seems awesome.
Isn't an 85 a great score though? At least I think it is. Of course it is not as meaningful as movies, tv shows, or even music equivalents but I'd say it's still great.
Yeah, I said 85 is a fair score for the game. It's a great game.

Separately, I was saying (jokingly) that Polygon won't like the game.

def sim

In the US, it's not cheaper. I doubt it's any cheaper in the UK.

It's a real shame it's not cheaper. That would make switching to digital more compelling.

I'm in the US as well. The digital version has this promo going on. I'm not aware of other stores selling Second Son below MSRP or with gift cards, so digital might just be the way to go for you duders.

edit: oh it ended yesterday. welp

Cyberia

Hello PlayStation Fans! My name is Chuck Doud, and I’m the Music Director here at SCEA WWS. With only two days left until the launch of inFAMOUS Second Son, I’d like to take the time to introduce you all to PlayStation’s state-of-the-art music and sound studio and give you a behind-the-scenes look into the production of the soundscape of Second Son.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/19/behind-the-score-infamous-second-son/

More at the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soNRq6LeCM8

gl0w

Basic version of the game is already available in one of the retailers in my country, but not the special edition or collectors, so I will need to wait :( FUKKKKK

I'm just hoping its more fun than the last two games in the series. Infamous is the weakest Sony IP, imo. They're just so repetitive, in a not so fun way. I wish we were getting a new Syphon Filter before Infamous. Oh well.

I've got the game pre ordered from the digital store and look forward to this games visuals at the very least.

I'm just hoping its more fun than the last two games in the series. Infamous is the weakest Sony IP, imo. They're just so repetitive, in a not so fun way. I wish we were getting a new Syphon Filter before Infamous. Oh well.

I've got the game pre ordered from the digital store and look forward to this games visuals at the very least.
Sounds like you don't like Infamous games, so I'm not sure it is the game for you.

Brick

Wait... You don't like the previous games, but have pre-ordered this only on the hope that it will be good looking? I mean, it's your money, but I don't understand this at all.

Vidpixel

I'm excited to see how well, or not so well, this scores in the reviews tomorrow. I'm expecting good reviews, though.

Not that scores matter all that much, but after completing the game yesterday, I'm expecting to see a lot of 8s and some 9s. The main issue I had was the mission variety, but the game was still highly enjoyable to play.

Badgerst3

Slightly bummed I preordered on PSN. I get that $10 which is good but knowing them, they aren't going to update until late and then it's going to take forever to download. I've waited this long. What's one more day

I don't understand. Shouldn't the download from psn begin approx midnight thur?

My first digital game order. Will be pretty disappointed if will not be able to play by Friday mid am. Thoughts?

Mengetsu

Just two more days! I can feel the hype rising! Is the game going to be 20GB download on the store? If so I might sleep when I put it do download at midnight cause that will most likely take about 3-4 hours to download on my 15mb connection :/

Hedrush

Has everyone pre ordered? I just plan on popping into a shop on Friday to buy it. Been burned too many times with late pre order deliveries, and I must play this on Friday.

Top Bottom