• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

NHale

So what's the Infamous: Second Son bullshot meme all about? Does the game look terrible compared to screenshots? I've seen someone talking about this meme and I'm wondering what is the reason.

better than the Batman Arkham games?...I need to calm down a bit..

I sure hope it's better than Arkham City. Because if it isn't then it would be a terrible game.

Are you paying for PlayStation Plus? If so, yes, you can recover everything with the cloud.

Yea I pay for Playstation Plus. Hmm I might go digital soon. I like the concept of not having to move my gaming collection and just be able to move around my PS4, only problem is if I buy crappy games like FIFA and KZ that I plan to sell back now, I wouldn't be able to do so if I go digital.

Also I am going to try doing the second part of paper trail later tonight, hopefully it lets me.

Hey, NewEgg shipped my Ground Zero pre- order on 3/13, but the ass-hats used DHL--it still hasn't been delivered, and it only has to travel from TN to PA. Would've been happier with Amazon..,

Same thing happened to me. Grr!

Amazon if you ship Infamous: SS late like you did Dark Souls...

SHADES

So what's the Infamous: Second Son bullshot meme all about? Does the game look terrible compared to screenshots? I've seen someone talking about this meme and I'm wondering what is the reason.

I sure hope it's better than Arkham City. Because if it isn't then it would be a terrible game.

Infamous looks awesome! Best looking game yet #believethehype

flozuki

Has anyone played the Cole DLC and can tell me if it is worth the additional 10 Euros I would have to pay for this (and the beanie...) in Germany?

BigDug13

People were joking before about how when you put the reveal screenshots up next to the final screenshots, this game actually got improved visually over the reveal which completely bucks the trend that all publishers seem to be on right now of downgrading their final product and coming out with unachievable reveal graphics.

Kuldar

What is this meme you are talking about?

Has anyone played the Cole DLC and can tell me if it is worth the additional 10 Euros I would have to pay for this (and the beanie...) in Germany?
No, Cole DLC isn't aviable yet.

This. Was lucky and got a copy early.

My gripes with the previous infamous games was traversal and pretty much feeling like every power was just pea shooter and grenade. There's still some of that, and I know people will say that traversal got better in the other inFamous games and post gives of ice jumps or whatever, but there was nothing as cool, early on, in the other games as the powers in this game.

The other inFamous games didn't make me want to get more powers. This game I can't wait to see what's next.

Great news coming from you. I've skipped both of the previous games even though they're free on PS+, lol. Was a little curious, especially with part 2 sorta being in New Orleans, kinda, but just never found the time.

Gonna be a tough wait for this.

No, I just went through a bunch of bullshit with Amazon and my Ground Zero pre-order. It was supposed to arrive on it's release date, but it didn't even ship until last night. And yes, I have Prime. And no, I won't be re-newing that subscription because this nonsense keeps happening.

Wait.....FUCK.....I have iNFAMOUS preordered from Amazon. It says estimated delivery March.21st, will it be at my home on March 21st?

I have plans on Friday to play with simultaneously with my friend, but if Amazon doesnt get it too me on Friday I will be LIVID!

Wait.....FUCK.....I have iNFAMOUS preordered from Amazon. It says estimated delivery March.21st, will it be at my home on March 21st?

I have plans on Friday to play with simultaneously with my friend, but if Amazon doesnt get it too me on Friday I will be LIVID!

if your ETA says march 21. if it ships out tomorrow they'll do an overnight. if it's today they'll just do the regular 2 day. only issue is weather and whatnot that might cause delay.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
people who played the game: which side has better traversal powers? i rarely play a game twice, so i'll probably just pick a side and stick with it.

hoping it's the good guy side...

Tohsaka

Same thing happened to me. Grr!

Amazon if you ship Infamous: SS late like you did Dark Souls...

Amazon won't have my "guaranteed release date delivery" of MGS to me until Thursday. I had Infamous pre-ordered with them but cancelled after they pulled that shit and switched it to GameStop since I can just go pick it up with no hassles.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Has anyone played Cole's Legacy and say whether or not it's worth paying extra for (we don't get it for free my pre-ordering here in Europe)? Still haven't decided between the regular edition and the SE... The SE costs 200 SEK more than the regular edition. That's €23/$32 for the DLC and a beanie. Could it possibly ever be worth that?

Pop

Has anyone played Cole's Legacy and say whether or not it's worth paying extra for (we don't get it for free my pre-ordering here in Europe)? Still haven't decided between the regular edition and the SE...

Cole's Legacy isn't out yet to download.

Skilletor

Great news coming from you. I've skipped both of the previous games even though they're free on PS+, lol. Was a little curious, especially with part 2 sorta being in New Orleans, kinda, but just never found the time.

Gonna be a tough wait for this.

Yeah, after part 1, plus is the only reason I tried part 2. I tried for a couple hours, but Cole was slow and boring. Even for free, I couldn't get into it.

Hmm, ok, thanks. 200 SEK (€23/$32) extra for the DLC and a beanie does feel like a lot though.

The DLC is also available on the cheaper versions. Every first-run version of SS comes with Cole's Legacy.

The extra are basically only for the beanie and the other accessories like pins, etc.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, after part 1, plus is the only reason I tried part 2. I tried for a couple hours, but Cole was slow and boring. Even for free, I couldn't get into it.

He gets pretty amazing traversal skills after a while, especially if you go with the good powers. Much better than in I1.

The DLC is also available on the cheaper versions. Every first-run version of SS comes with Cole's Legacy.

The extra are basically only for the beanie and the other accessories like pins, etc.

Nope. No Cole's Legacy in the regular edition for us European suckers. If we want it we have no choice but getting one of the more expensive editions. We really got screwed on this one.

The franchise doesn't deserve another chance after Shadowfall. I was amazed at how bad the campaign was. Killzone 3's wasn't as great as Killzone 2's, but it wasn't bad. Shadowfall just wasn't good at all. It was really disappointing.

Now that I think about it, I would like one more if it were guaranteed to redeem the franchise, but I do not think they can, so it's probably time for Guerrilla to move on.

what thread am I in.

Jesb

Since Sony doesn't still have a preload option, does anyone know the size of the initial download size so we can play while the game downloads?

Nope. No Cole's Legacy in the regular edition for us European suckers. If we want it we have no choice but getting one of the more expensive editions. We really got screwed on this one.

Ouch.

Seems like Asia got the best deal when it came to Second Son.

Cheapest retail price by currency conversion, and our digital download version of SS doesn't need pre-orders to get Cole's Legacy. ( a 2 week window is given to us post-launch for that free DLC )

1) Amazon used to be really good about getting games to consumers on the day of release.
2) I've traditionally bought physical copies of games.
2) Fuck Gamestop.

That said, I think from now on I'm just going to go digital on the PS4. It's not like they give you game manuals anymore or anything significant other than the disc, so fuck it. Digital it is.

Didn't help me any.

Just contact Amazon customer support via chat and at the very least you'll get a credit. It's quick and easy to get a hold of someone and they always do what they can to make things right.

Amazon won't have my "guaranteed release date delivery" of MGS to me until Thursday. I had Infamous pre-ordered with them but cancelled after they pulled that shit and switched it to GameStop since I can just go pick it up with no hassles.
Yeah this is the Prime service that we're expected to pay even more for.

Yoday

I got the soundtrack today (curse you Sony for making me put up with the festering turd called iTunes). I am really liking what I have heard of it so far.

harSon

Banned
Does this game rely on previous knowledge of its predecessors? I'm definitely interested, but I never played Infamous 1 or 2.

Skilletor

He gets pretty amazing traversal skills after a while, especially if you go with the good powers. Much better than in I1.

Yeah, I've seen cool stuff. The "after a while" part is what made me quit. :p

But I don't want to derail because I think this game is really good.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I like in the UK and am getting the Infamous PS4 bundle - will Cole's legacy be in that?

Sure looks like it's just the regular edition of the game:

itR6x9luRw4yq.jpg

Concept17

Does this game rely on previous knowledge of its predecessors? I'm definitely interested, but I never played Infamous 1 or 2.

Nope. Might help you further understand the world, but the stories aren't tied together in any meaningful way.

EDIT: ^quote that shit

harSon

Banned
Awesome! I'll pick it up then. Titanfall quenched my next generation multiplayer thirst, but single player experiences have been almost non-existent for me since launch.

How long is it supposed to be?

Top Bottom