• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

nOoblet16

I can't remember the name but there was a game released in the past year or two that didn't allow you to change TOD until very late in the game, any idea which game I am talking about here?

That's really my only complaint about the game so far. But to be fair, those other games aren't very realistic in their "24 hours within 24 minutes" mechanic either.

It's not about realism, it adds to the experience of seeing time pass as you play.

d9b

Banned
Absolutely amazing looking game!!! Great fun, played for few hrs... Still first power only. Can't wait to dive back in!

dyergram

One thing I like remote play is well implemented I played for a couple of hours yesterday with the girlfriend next to me watching tv when she fell asleep I switched to the big screen, then she woke up and told me to turn it down.

leng jai

One thing I like remote play is well implemented I played for a couple of hours yesterday with the girlfriend next to me watching tv when she fell asleep I switched to the big screen, then she woke up and told me to turn it down.

In what way is it well implemented?

Something that really bothers me is how weightless Delsin feels, climbing buildings, falling, it just doesn't feel right... He lands like a bailarina on the tip of her toes

Just started playing...took me a while to get into ( was playing MGS GZ ) but after a short time really enjoying it.

But... where do I get my DLC ( jacket and Cole's Legacy ). Redeemed the codes on PSN but can't find how to activate them ingame.

Also...companion app for the Gold Headset works really nice :D

Guymelef

How do you link to Infamous Paper Trail? gives me an error before let me choose.
Paper Trail register email can be different than PSN email?

TsuWave

finished it. awesome game. my favorite infamous. gonna start my evil playthrough now

didn't like the fact that you get concrete so late in the game.

delsin is a powehouse when compared to cole

if there's another infamous i would like to see other powerful conduits having an influence in the world

Man it's never bright in this game, even when the sun is up where 10-11AM/2-3PM sun should be it still looks like it's either dusk or dawn.

Also I wish this game had a day night cycle, it's a standard that I've come to expect from open world game.
Red Dead Redemption is about the only game where I liked night so I can do without the 24 hour cycle.

mandiller

This game is amazing. It's my first Infamous game so I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm having a ton of fun with it. It's a looker too. Here's a few uncompressed screenshots I took:

imagedismd.jpg

imageh2d0u.jpg

image96sgx.jpg

About 60% in according to my save and have played about 11 hours. Lovin it so far. Quite a sight for the eyes and the powers (especially the third one) are so damn fun to play with.

Anyone notice the rocker is actually playing the guitar? Finger positions, chords, strumming, etc. is all done just right. Been chilling listening to the guitar riffs for atleast 5 minutes lol.

BjUV82pCAAA-EZW.jpg:orig

Damn haven't even seen that yet. Got to find that

How do you guys see how long you played? I also beat it last night and jumped right back in the city to have fun. I'm done with the story but I'm still not done. I love the traversal aspect. I wish you could change the TOD after you beat it, I mean it looks beautiful but I would rather it change when you die or w/e.

Carl

So, after sleeping on it (still not finished the game, but still), I'm still really enjoying it but do have a few issues.

As said by everyone, the side missions still have the same exact problem as I1 and I2. Now, they're perfectly fine but they get boring after a while because every district is exactly the same. They really need to sort this, because i think it's really holding them back. You'd think they'd have sorted it 3 games in but apparently not.

Also, i dunno if i'm the only one but i actually love their usage of the touchpad and shit. I thought it was gimmicky at first (which it is) but it actually works really well. Especially love the spraypainting sidequests.

Thirdly, the camera is a piece of shit and it keeps clipping through the environment and blinding me :(

The traversal without powers is fucking terrible. Cole was great at climbing, Delsin is fucking useless. It's hard to work out which bits you can climb up and which bits you can't, and exactly how high you can jump to the next ledge. Thankfully there aren't many points where you need to climb, but fuck me it's irritating.

Lastly, I think i'm in love with Fetch.

Endo Punk

Something that really bothers me is how weightless Delsin feels, climbing buildings, falling, it just doesn't feel right... He lands like a bailarina on the tip of her toes

I like how Delsin controls. Don't think I would be a fan of weighty movement, would make traversal a pain in the ass. He moves like platformer game which it sort of is, best not to think of it as a realistic grounded game even though it has human characters and amazing performances.

This game is really fun, but man I can't believe how much of a rehash it is

Movement feels near identical to previous games, the mission structure, regaining areas of the city. It's just the same thing. That's not to say the game isn't enjoyable, but it's disappointing the game really seems to lack ambition

The whole concept of a superhero game is so flexible, why do they need to focus on such a simple formula?

At least the story and characters are quite enjoyable this time

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Played the game for about 15-20 minutes. Looks absolutely incredible. A definite buy for a PS4 owner.

Endo Punk

Movement feels near identical to previous games, the mission structure, regaining areas of the city. It's just the same thing. That's not to say the game isn't enjoyable, but it's disappointing the game really seems to lack ambition

The whole concept of a superhero game is so flexible, why do they need to focus on such a simple formula?

Yeah I agree it isn't that big of a step forward, if it were on PS3 I don't think I would support it. This game really relies on being a showcase for the PS4 and for that I am pleased to have bought the system to play it.

Still an immensely fun game and I hope SP breaks all the rules and goes all out for the next in the franchise.

I agree 100% with you. Great post

leng jai

Yeah I agree it isn't that big of a step forward, if it were on PS3 I don't think I would support it. This game really relies on being a showcase for the PS4 and for that I am pleased to have bought the system to play it.

Still an immensely fun game and I hope SP breaks all the rules and goes all out for the next in the franchise.

I think the fact that it's a launch window PS4 game and having the crutch of being a graphical powerhouse is partly to blame for the game's complete lack of ambition.

GetemMa

Played about 4 hours last night and I am a new comer to the Infamous series.

+ It's a gorgeous looking game. The motion cap is extremely impressive
+ The powers I've gained so far are great fun
+ The controls are designed really well, it's easy to string together great moves/movements
+ Delsin's progression feels constant and rewarding
+ The detail put into the city design is impressive

- Very one note. All the enemy encounters feel the same.
- Side activities are typical, mundane open world fare
- Pretty cheesy dialogue
- Delsin's personality. He's kind of self absorbed douche

It's a B- so far for me, it feels like the developers either ran out of time or wanted to play it safe.

Endo Punk

You're not meant to climb the buildings, you're meant to just zoom up to the roof.

oh is that so? Well I'm climbing from time to time and still having fun! HA! :p

I think the fact that it's a launch window PS4 game and a having the crutch of being a graphical powerhouse is partly to blame for the game's complete lack of ambition.

Definitely. But what it lacks in ambition it makes up for being a "best of infamous" title.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
oh is that so? Well I'm climbing from time to time and still having fun! HA! :p

Definitely. But what it lacks in ambition it makes up for being a "best of infamous" title.

I think second game was kinda better still...
I sure do miss giant insect monsters at least.

I like this game. Never played InFamous before. Looks great, plays pretty smoothly.
Only got two things that bother me (though not much), the jumping animation and speed looks odd as if he's floating slightly and his head's too big. Yep, I definately feel his head is just a wee bit too big. Or he's just really skinny. Could be the latter I guess.
Apart from that it's pretty good.

Top Bottom