• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played about three hours last night. Game is awesome. Probably going to take me longer to finish it than most. I wandered a lot. I think I'm close to getting Neon but I'm enjoying Smoke more than I thought I would. Delsin is awesome.

Love the game but can't get over how weak the sound is.
What's the issue with the sound? Lots of ambient noise and the comic book style sound effects for the powers are spot on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Played about three hours last night. Game is awesome. Probably going to take me longer to finish it than most. I wandered a lot. I think I'm close to getting Neon but I'm enjoying Smoke more than I thought I would. Delsin is awesome.

What's the issue with the sound? Lots of ambient noise and the comic book style sound effects for the powers are spot on.

96179-fic-injector-black-friday-sale-maybe-futurama-fry-not-sure-if-jpg

sirap

Just finished this, loved the game. Infamous 2 is still my favorite game, a lot more emotion between the characters and the game felt more varied.

melos

The sound was weak for me when I first started playing.... But check out the audio settings in the Save and Options menu (Press Option to get to pause menu and then press triangle). Changing the audio setup made a world of difference, especially when using the Sony Wireless Gold Headset with both the custom sound mix from the app and the appropriate audio setting within the game.

Cock of War

Love the game. Looks and plays so good. Just finished my good playthrough and decided to do the paper-trail thingy. Damn, the game must have sold more than expected or that site is running on Commodore 64's or something because it feels like browsing the internet back in the dial-up days - or even back before the internet existed since it won't load most of the time!

Got as far as doing the phone trace, is there more after that? Or will we have to wait untill next week?

Maligna

Banned
Love the game but can't get over how weak the sound is.

I was playing with my Pulse Elites and it was fine. When I took them off and heard the sound through the TV I thought this same thing. I thought maybe it was just the contrast between the two ways of hearing the game at first.

Played 3 hours last night i freaking love it ...
I didn't expect
concrete
but it's a power i can understandToo bad deslin doesn't move as smoothly as cole in some situation for now ..he is better in some areas but i'm having trouble for now ..i hope that's because i'm in the early game.

I didn't expect
concretebut
it's a power i can understandToo bad deslin doesn't move as smoothly as cole in some situation for now ..he is better in some areas but i'm having trouble for now ..i hope that's because i'm in the early game.

Why did you just spoil it

Did you get the standard edition of the game or the special edition? Only the special edition in the UK contains the Cole's Legacy DLC, unlike the US version where every version gets you the DLC, as long as you pre-ordered.

Whyyyyyyyyyy was I stingy and only pre-ordered standard? :(

Cheers man, very helpful!!

I´m having a blast with the game. Visuals are stunning and I found myself liking Delsing a hole lot more than I initially thought.

Fun times.

Kaswa101

Just finished Good playthrough. I liked the ending, and don't see why people dismiss it as abrupt or terrible? It was bittersweet imo.

Still need to finish my Evil run, but so far it's at least around 8.5/10 for me, and this is coming from a fan of iF2, but not the original. Must-own for PS4 users imo.

The sound was weak for me when I first started playing.... But check out the audio settings in the Save and Options menu (Press Option to get to pause menu and then press triangle). Changing the audio setup made a world of difference, especially when using the Sony Wireless Gold Headset with both the custom sound mix from the app and the appropriate audio setting within the game.

I forgot what other game had this issue as well, but I recalled doing the same thing to fix it. Can't wait to hear this game through the Yamaha's HS50 today and later tonight, the HS8.

dont you worry, the Cole Legacy Mission was extremely boring, you just have to fight generic DUP soldiers 4 times and then you unlock an ugly yellow jacket that doesnt look cool on Delsin :p

in other news, damn the game is HARD. Like Dark Souls hard, even 2 normal enemies can kill you in an instant. Shame that i need to constantly be running away and waiting behind corners for magical healing to take effect :/

Loudninja

Take chubigans advice.
This game is gorgeous. Holy crap.

Also, to get the most out of the ambient sounds you need to turn dialogue down to 7, and music down to 5, then crank up your normal volume up louder than normal. It really, really helps. The default mix is pretty poor. (and it defaults to TV Speakers for some reason).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I didn't expect
concretebut
it's a power i can understandToo bad deslin doesn't move as smoothly as cole in some situation for now ..he is better in some areas but i'm having trouble for now ..i hope that's because i'm in the early game.

Stop it. Don't do that. Go back in time and put a spoiler tag on that.

I didn't expect concretebut it's a power i can understandToo bad deslin doesn't move as smoothly as cole in some situation for now ..he is better in some areas but i'm having trouble for now ..i hope that's because i'm in the early game.

It is.

Wait for neon.

No problem. You weren't really being stingy since the retail prices for the standard edition alone are ridiculously pricey here. I imported the US version for £36, but I sort of regret doing so now because I have to wait to play the game, which is agony. It dispatched Tuesday, but I have no idea when it's going to get here now. Monday hopefully.

Only played for about an hour and I really do have to give it to SP, they've delivered one of the most stunning open world titles I've ever seen. The IQ is simply incredible, haven't seen anything like it since Forza Horizon. I don't know what both developers did to achieve it, but more developers need to do the same.

On to gameplay, it's Infamous but with a new twist. The decision to move away from Cole and thus have new powers was absolutely the right one. I love how responsive Delsin is compared to Cole and the animations are just incredible.

Unfortunately, can't play any more until tonight but it's certainly made a strong impression in the hour I've played so far.

Theecliff

Banned
I didn't expect
concretebut
Edit: Sorry! Thought you were talking about Deslin's other powers, was scared that I'd just been spoiled.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Whats funny is the slight learning curve to each power. And If I use one power for too long, I feel like I have to relearn that learning curve for the previous power.

But once you master a powers fighting and traversal techniques, it really makes you feel like a badass..

Just beat the game as Good on Expert difficulty. Some of the boss fights got real intense with how little damage you could take.

I found myself using Neon primarily. I rarely went back to Smoke.

Anyone run up a a tall building and then stop the power right before the top, drop almost right at the ground and then turn it on again doing over and over and over again? Fuck neon power, sooooooooo fun <3

Two things, this game is incredibly fun and can still improve in many, many ways. Has a really high ceiling.

Loving this game. I know there could be more to do around the city, but I actually prefer that he side missions and collectables actually matter. One thing that just gets to me is the endless collectables that mean almost nothing (Looking at you Assassins Creed). I actually want to 100% this one because it's enjoyable.

DirtyLarry

In regards to the Paper Trail missions, the site is completely wonky right now, but finally got to link up my PSN Account, so has anyone
figured out what follow the White Rabbit means?

Also is there a way to force it to get the Karma you earned in Paper Trail to your game?

Kuldar

After using the neon power I want a Flash game.

In regards to the Paper Trail missions, the site is completely wonky right now, but finally got to link up my PSN Account, so has anyone
I didn't even try to search. I will try in one or twe weeks when less people'll try to use the website.

Also is there a way to force it to get the Karma you earned in Paper Trail to your game?

When it links to your account it gives it to you automatically.

Top Bottom