• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

TriGen

I'm going evil first. It's something I always do when given the choice (I figure not worrying about accidental kills and stuff when getting a feel for the game is the best way), but where that plan really paid off was Infamous 2 -- not because of gameplay -- but because of story.

I won't say the ending because I know some people are getting SS without playing the others, but I found the evil ending to be one of my favorite video game endings, as I genuinely felt bad about my decision to go evil. The good canon ending didn't really give me any big reaction -- and I know if I hadn't experienced that evil ending first it would of lessened the impact and surprise. Essentially, going the evil route first greatly increased my feelings towards Infamous -- so I'm not going to mess with the formula.

And, yes, that GIF, is great.

i-Lo

And this is just the first iteration of their game engine. Do people remember inF2 in contrast to inF1?

Now, not to be a debby downer but have object pop in issues seen last year been mitigated in the retail version?

TheUnsane1

Neo Member
I'm tomorrow from cheetah too. The USPS tracker is not the most reliable thing. It listed the shipment making it from MD to Philly in 15 minutes.

Can anyone who ordered confirm how it was shipped? Bubble mailers or small boxes fit in my mail box, anything bigger I end up having to pick up at the post office which closes at 1 on Saturday.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Couldn't resist took one more, now I am officially done haha

1655456_10203498791089558_1214241031_o.jpg

This games IQ is phenomenal, I really cannot wait to see what Naughty Dog does with their next game. The Order 1886 ..... is also going to be superb.

my new wallpaper, thanks

how does the game feel framerate wise. locked? unlocked? can you tell? please..

It's very smooth, when I played Tomb Raider on PS4 I could tell that it was unlocked and with this I can't so if I would guess I would say locked 30, not really great with this type of stuff though.

And this is just the first iteration of their game engine. Do people remember inF2 in contrast to inF1?

Now, not to be a debby downer but have object pop in issues seen last year been mitigated in the retail version?

Haven't really noticed any pop in to be honest, definitely not like it was last year in that video

So is the game itself good?

I've had a blast with it so far, combat wise I think it's way better than 1 and 2, it just feels right. You get into some pretty big battles in the streets with the DUP and shit just gets destroyed. The only thing I would say that is lacking right now are the side missions, but I have only been in this one area and haven't done anything else in the story.

Loudninja

I've had a blast with it so far, combat wise I think it's way better than 1 and 2, it just feels right. You get into some pretty big battles in the streets with the DUP and shit just gets destroyed. The only thing I would say that is lacking right now are the side missions, but I have only been in this one area and haven't done anything else in the story.
Sounds fantastic is what I excepted. :)

Did you download a patch?

TyrantII

How the frame rate feel / and are you observant usually to drops/flux in other games?

Any tearing?

Carbonox

Fuck.

That's pretty much the most impressive in-game screenshot of a next-gen game I've seen so far.

Your screenshot was perfect timing given the variety of things going on and being visible in that shot. Superb example of what we're getting so early in to the generation.

Oh my god the GAF back issues were hysterical and such a good addition. I am very close to finally getting a PS4 for this game.

How the frame rate feel / and are you observant usually to drops/flux in other games?

Any tearing?

I'm not that sensitive to frame rate drops, I noticed maybe 2 or 3 during my playtime, but it was at random moments, not when a lot of stuff was going on. It feels really smooth to me and as for tearing I haven't noticed any.

Fuck.

That's pretty much the most impressive in-game screenshot of a next-gen game I've seen so far.

Your screenshot was perfect timing given the variety of things going on and being visible in that shot. Superb example of what we're getting so early in to the generation.

I actually was about to take the screenshot and then heard the car, I waited to see if it would reflect in the rain and it did then took the shot lol

shinn623

Is it too late to make a beanie request for my avatar? I asked not long after the OT went up, so it looks like it got lost in the quickness of the thread. Thanks ahead of time.

This is an accurate representation of me walking into Gamestop on Tuesday for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, and on Friday for Infamous 3.

Next week is some true god damned glorious shit.

Holy crap, I just realized that. Looks like FFX is going to have to wait for me. Epic week.

That's simply amazing. And what's with all the downgrade rumors, I've seen no such thing. Best looking next gen game so far, imo.

Top Bottom