• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

mut321

Neo Member
Can you explain why? I also got platinum in Infamous 1+2 (and 3 now ;)) and I think this one is the best by a decent margin. It has problems (repetitive side-missions, less content), but the gameplay and powers are even better than in the predecessors imo.
And it just gets better with more powers unlocked.

I can tell that the game is good, it is beautiful and controls smoothly but as much as I loved the others one it just didn't grab me. It's definitely something wrong with me not the game. Maybe I'll give another shot down the road but I put in about 6 hours in three different sittings and it just felt like a chore every time.

leng jai

I loved the first two games, got both platinums. Played this for a few hours and it just isn't doing it for me :/ I'm probably the problem but it's a shame because I bought a ps4 for this.

Yeah it's really strange you don't like this since its basically the same game with better mechanics and graphics. You probably just have Infamous burnout.

Paper Trail is cool, I just wish all of it was in-game. This is the kind of low key super hero sleuthing that could vary up the side missions a lot more.

Anybody else make back here?
ormDQN2h.jpg

Had to edit out power spoiler from photo.

I had not, but couldn't resist following your footsteps. Still bummed that I can't at least see the Salmon Bay Lighthouse from anywhere on the map.

Just beat the game hero. No trophy for beating it with good karma. Wtf?!

To make that clear, I did a heroic run through but I'm sitting as the credits roll with no trophy for it. I only got the trophy for beating the game, period.

Edit: there it goes. Had to wait to get thrown back into the world.

I had not, but couldn't resist following your footsteps. Still bummed that I can't at least see the Salmon Bay Lighthouse from anywhere on the map.
Theres gotta be a way. I thought I could keep back tracking but you hit an invisible wall right there. But its neat you can launch over it and hover over the forest for a bit before you fall through the map lol. I will search for the lighthouse tomorrow. There has to be a way to find it.
How? I went to that bridge and the gap just looks too far

You need the 3rd power.

shinn623

My goodness radiant sweep is my favorite move of all time now pushing the vector canon from zoe 2, and omnislash/knights of the round from the top of my list. Most satisfying move ever :)

Kaezul

I've been playing this game non-stop since getting it yesterday afternoon. My first time playing an infamous game and I love it!

Put some shots from my adventures back at the start out on my Twitter feed. (possible power bar spoiler if anyone wants to avoid) https://twitter.com/dbloodworth2
Seems that heading back towards that bridge can make it start raining.

Also tried curving around the edge of Belltown. There are a few spots you can stand on farther up there, but eventually got far enough for the game to just say "Nope" and respawn me.

Grinchy

Banned
Every time Reggie calls Delsin on the phone, he sounds like Chris Parnell to me.

0DvqDe9m.jpg
LZ04enl.jpg

Whenever he's critical of Delsin, I can't help but imagine Cyril saying something critical and sarcastic to Archer.

KORNdoggy

He Who Dwells? Not easy. Not Dark Souls, but still not easy.

It was pretty easy (as was the game in general on expert) as long as you knew to
shoot the smaller angels when he moved across the arena
you'd do more damage a lot faster. It seems, for whatever reason, a lot of people didn't quite "get" that though, even though the game made it obvious?!

played for a few more hours earlier. Focused on ridding a few of the districts from D.U.P. control. Story wise,
I'm up to female conduit that killed a few drug dealers

Managed to get stuck in a wall while I was doing a secret agent mission so I had to load and redo the whole mission again.

As for my Karma status, I'm focusing on good karma. There have been some casualties and a few activists were assaulted though >___>

Dinjooh

It was pretty easy (as was the game in general on expert) as long as you knew to
shoot the smaller angels when he moved across the arena
you'd do more damage a lot faster. It seems, for whatever reason, a lot of people didn't quite "get" that though, even though the game made it obvious?!

Hmm - I was focused on
Getting to a blue lightbeam as quickly as I could when he started moving, especially if I had neon on at the time - as smoke made travelling across the map a lot easier, but this... this should make my expert playthrough more interesting

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got the neon powers, they sure are pretty. its funny (but understandable) that the game conviniently switches to night time when you get them, to show it off course. More games should be set at night (with rain while we are at it), game is right up there with sleeping dogs night/raining sections on PC now (I wasnt that impressed until now to be honest, sure it looked good, but nothing that blew me away), then again sleepy dogs maxed during night/rain looked like a next gen game so it makes sense.

Neon powers seem fun too. Gameplay wise, I still hate how frail you are sometimes, and especially how enemies just lock onto you with a million bullets, but its getting better now. I cleared the whole city of sidequests before getting the neon powers, which completely ruined the flow of the game, but thats on me and my OCD. now that im back on story missions im liking it more again. Overall its still not doing that much for me im afraid, and I guess it never will. Which is weird because I absolutely adored the first Infamous. Guess Im just not into these games at the moment

MavFan619

Banned
I'm so close to my first PS4 platinum. Keep in mind I'm not usually one for going after trophies and this time it just felt natural to try and do everything. It's going to be bittersweet when I have everything done.

I'm so close to my first PS4 platinum. Keep in mind I'm not usually one for going after trophies and this time it just felt natural to try and do everything. It's going to be bittersweet when I have everything done.

It will be my first platinum as well. PS3 owner since 2009 with over 50 games.

Haha thanks, gentlemen (and any ladies). As I said in the description, I did it the first time I tried it, and expected a DING instantly, but none came.

Then I thought I'd at least upload the vid, but the last 15 minutes auto-recorded was hours behind, so I tried it again... about 100 times over the course of 2 days before I was finally able to nail what was in the vid!

I... don't think Sucker Punch meant for us to be Orbital Dropping on choppers! lol

Lucent

Obviously, I still prefer the Orbital Drop over all the other karma bombs. Here's my two favorites that I recorded.

Doing a drug bust off a very tall building and aiming for the ground. Watch the bench splinter apart and the guy twitch on the ground.

Meeting a new enemy and not even giving him a chance. "You're new." -drops on him-

And I gotta agree about the 3rd power. I still prefer neon. I just feel like it's a lot more versatile. And I don't need to launch myself from anything to traverse fast. I just go. Not really sure what all the rage was on that 3rd power. Kind of disappointed but it's not bad.

At least if they do another infamous they can build upon what they already have here and make an even greater game.

Truly awesome. Loved the slo-mo bit where
the chopper exploded
... it was so perfectly framed.

Thanks!

I loved the part where he sort of materialised on the platform at the end. I wish I'd cut off the split second at the end where the camera turns, so he's just facing straight on like a badass until the end of the vid! lol

Kuldar

Haha thanks, gentlemen (and any ladies). As I said in the description, I did it the first time I tried it, and expected a DING instantly, but none came.

Then I thought I'd at least upload the vid, but the last 15 minutes auto-recorded was hours behind, so I tried it again... about 100 times over the course of 2 days before I was finally able to nail what was in the vid!

I... don't think Sucker Punch meant for us to be Orbital Dropping on choppers! lol
You should tweet them the link to this video.

Orbital Drop is cool, but in terms of utility, the Neon Karma Bomb is the best one. You can just let that go in a base and take down almost every enemy in the area. A lot of times with the Orbital Drop, you'll hit your head on the way up and then get shot to death.

Epcott

Every time Reggie calls Delsin on the phone, he sounds like Chris Parnell to me.

0DvqDe9m.jpg
LZ04enl.jpg

Whenever he's critical of Delsin, I can't help but imagine Cyril saying something critical and sarcastic to Archer.

Ha ha, I thought I was loosing my mind thinking it was Chris Parnell the whole time.

What's with the papertrail thing?
I chase a Japanese school girl with a white rabbit mask around town to a murder scene, and then it tells me it can't connect to mission. Then after the main game I register for a website and... Nothing. Just looking at clues. I was hoping to get a 5th "Paper" power. Meh.

Top Bottom