• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

vypek

After beating the game on evil it is kinda lame playing good now (although expert keeps it interesting I suppose) I miss just blowing the whole city up without a care :(

Always play good first so you can go crazy on your second playthrough. I actually feel like the harder modes might be easier with evil karma, at least in the first two games it feels like it.

I just finished my 2nd playthrough. Wow, that evil ending...truly feels sinister. What a difference between hero and villain. I wonder which one will be canon. I think I recall Sucker Punch (or someone there) wanting to do evil ending of infamous 2 as canon but when looking at trophy data they found that more people completed the game as good.

After both plays, I think I'd give this an 8 at the lowest. There are certainly things to complain about but overall this game is amazing. It feels like there are a few holes in the story but still this was an awesome game. A great purchase.

Just got my platinum at 1.2%

Honestly I just finished the good portion of the game and I am not disappointed... Yes the story could have been more fleshed out but I think this is really the beginning of this gen capabilities...

I was not disappointed

vypek

How do I change the difficulty to expert for my second play through?

On the first playthrough save file, change the difficulty to expert and THEN start a new game. When your new game starts, check options but do not even highlight or change the difficulty. It should say expert.

EDIT: Also, Delsin doesn't take damage from the monorail. lol. Just walks backwards for a while until he sorta falls off

impact

Banned
Not being able to skip cutscenes is gonna make this good/expert playthrough painful

Still not as bad as no option to skip in FFX HD, but come the fuck on devs!

Replicant

Sigh. I can't access the DLC I got when I pre-ordered.

Problem was that I have a R2 disc. Then after it installed I switched over to my R1 account.

Was playing for about 4 hours until I found it fishy that I still hadn't encountered Cole's Legacy. Then checked my "Related Items" under my R1 account, and BAM! No DLC showed up.

Switched back to my R2 account. All the DLC is there under "Related Items".

I swear this never happened back in the PS3 days.

You shouldn't have problem. I did the same thing. Cole's Legacy don't appear until you defeat some D.U.P mobile unit. It's the mission with Yellow exclamation mark.

Donthizz#

"Officially, we're done!"
Bji3jUlCUAA2sre.jpg

damn it, more people need to buy this so we can get that rarity down to 0.1%.

I finished my good playthrough yesterday on normal. I did everything 100% so all that's left is playing through Evil on Expert. I already have all the 'extra' trophies like killing 10 sign guys, comet drop after two vents etc.

Artorias

Banned
comet drop on 3 coughing enemies is hard :(

I see this has been answered several times but a really easy way to do it is find a drug deal in one of those parking garage structures. Sneak up, throw the thing right inside and do the drop right there from flat ground, you don't have to be on a ledge.

Just beat it with good karma.

I haven't been so furious with a final boss since Beyond Good & Evil. The restriction for the last part sucked big time.

Still a great game, and definitely the most fun of any in the series, but I still say the first has the best story.

I'd really like to see a non-canon DLC where you get to play as Cole just so I could see what they'd do with electricity with the improved gameplay.

Just have a question....I'm getting my PS4 in the mail next week, but I was wondering if I could buy Infamous Second Son from the webstore before I get my system. It won't mess anything up that I buy it before I even have a PS4 registered to my account, will it?

Well, finally got this from Gamefly, installed, when starting I get, "The disc or Hard Drive has been corrupted."

PS4 runs blue rays fine, hard drive is fine too, do a little research, sounds like I'm just unlucky.

Reset the machine, delete and reinstall twice. Take the disc out, and there's the tiniest hint of a thumbprint from when my friend put the disc in earlier.

Wipe it off, put it back in, now it works.

Not sure whether I should be concerned about using physical media in this thing now or what.

PS4 sounds like it's about to take off running this thing, I'll say that much.

M.W.

Been doing nothing but roaming and completing side missions building up powers. Whoa is this game easy. Whoops.

Just finished first playthrough on good. Fuckin awesome game.. that final boss.. omg the graphics!!
Starting up evil now. Time to cause some havok!!

Man. Im pumped for this gen.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Nope I tried (using spoiler power) and you just get pushed through the top of the space needle and down.

Probably why they should stick to faux-cities in the future. Seattle was beautiful, but using real structures with real owners make for real annoying limitations.

And I want another Alden's Tower.

Might be a dumb question, but in order to get the trophy for beating the game on expert, do I have to play the whole thing on that difficulty or can I just do the final boss on expert?

Ric Flair

Banned
This is my first Infamous game. Jumping up buildings is kinda awkward, haha. I love everything but the building climbing thus far, sorta looks like my dude jumps into the building over and over again, slowly raising off the earths surface with every successive jump

This is my first Infamous game. Jumping up buildings is kinda awkward, haha. I love everything but the building climbing thus far, sorta looks like my dude jumps into the building over and over again, slowly raising off the earths surface with every successive jump

You can bypass most of it as you progress.

My jaw literally dropped during the first neon sequence, makes me want to see these graphics in a game based in Vegas

Is everyone taking screencaps of the skyline?

1947574_10101803708441110_1371842483_n.jpg

Facebook compression ftl

velcry

You shouldn't have problem. I did the same thing. Cole's Legacy don't appear until you defeat some D.U.P mobile unit. It's the mission with Yellow exclamation mark.

Thanks for responding! I've gotten my third power by now, and still no Cole's Legacy... but I'm hoping it'll just pop up eventually when I get around to clearing all the side missions!

Just finished first playthrough on good. Fuckin awesome game.. that final boss.. omg the graphics!!
Starting up evil now. Time to cause some havok!!

Man. Im pumped for this gen.

Just did thd same and was coming here go post the same. :)

After he who dwells I was worried about the final boss but was able to beat it first try!

aristotle

Does anyone have any images of the space needle banner or the billboards they painted? I used the Donkey one and I wondered what the others looked like. I couldn't find any via google image search.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Beat the good path tonight. My playtime was roughly in the 15+ hours range, and I haven't completed all of the side missions and blast shards, which I'll do over the next few days. I haven't even done Cole's Legacy or Paper Trail yet.

Really loved the game, and I'll write up a review once I finish the evil side sometime in the coming week, granted I have some free time with all the OT i'm doing.

Thanks for responding! I've gotten my third power by now, and still no Cole's Legacy... but I'm hoping it'll just pop up eventually when I get around to clearing all the side missions!

It looks a lot like your other mission icons. It is probably there already. :)

As for finishing: took me about 18 hours to finish a play through with everything collected and a good deal of trophies. :)

Dysun

Finished it tonight, huge step up for Sucker Punch. I liked the first two games, but I didn't love them. This one hit all the right notes for me, the characters, powers, graphics all felt fantastic (or improved greatly).

Going to start a new play through and go through it on evil

mut321

Neo Member
I loved the first two games, got both platinums. Played this for a few hours and it just isn't doing it for me :/ I'm probably the problem but it's a shame because I bought a ps4 for this.

I loved the first two games, got both platinums. Played this for a few hours and it just isn't doing it for me :/ I'm probably the problem but it's a shame because I bought a ps4 for this.

Really? It's amazing fun. Just got the neon power. It's amazing. Never seen anything like it

Guys I'm torn about a decision towards the end of the game involving someone's daughter, help.

WARNING SPOILERS

I want to kill Hank. Fuck him he killed Reggie, Fetch, and the nerd. Fuck him and his daughter and his stupid ass.

But... It goes against my current "hero" run... And I do feel bad for his daughter.

I NEED HELP

Tratorn

Can you explain why? I also got platinum in Infamous 1+2 (and 3 now ;)) and I think this one is the best by a decent margin. It has problems (repetitive side-missions, less content), but the gameplay and powers are even better than in the predecessors imo.
And it just gets better with more powers unlocked.

Guys I'm torn about a decision towards the end of the game involving someone's daughter, help.

WARNING SPOILERS

I want to kill Hank. Fuck him he killed Reggie, Fetch, and the nerd. Fuck him and his daughter and his stupid ass.

But... It goes against my current "hero" run... And I do feel bad for his daughter.

I NEED HELP

You will feel better if you do the hero action, trust me.

And you can always do an evil playthrough later.

WARNING SPOILERS

I NEED HELP

SPOILERS
he didnt do it. He just set you up because she had his daughter. Wouldnt you screw over a stranger to save your daughter? Its not like he covered reggie in concrete..(good guy perspective)

rdrr gnr

WARNING SPOILERS

I NEED HELP
This is why the morality system blows.

Top Bottom