• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Raptor

Sometimes I think it looks damn near photorealistic, I mean sometimes how the lighting works wow:

ibqc7WtryB8Gyp.jpg

The Lamp

Have completed the game going the evil route...now playing through good

2 things that jarred me from a beautiful game

1) For a game with absolutely stunning graphics at times you stand by a window and there is no reflection???

2) The slowdown at times can be really annoying..especially when you start using the neon rampage power the game slows to a crawl

apart from that..love the story...love the design of the game but the above 2 things spoiled what i think was the best game i have played in years

That is practically the only time it slows down and it doesn't even matter because you're not even moving...

So, I cleared out the first district of all DUP forces, so that it says 0% DUP Controlled. When I did the Final Showdown, the game told me that there would be no more DUP patrols in the area. 2 minutes later, I see a DUP patrol truck circling the entire district.

Did I do something wrong? Glitch? Or is that supposed to happen?

GeoMatrix

Banned
So, I cleared out the first district of all DUP forces, so that it says 0% DUP Controlled. When I did the Final Showdown, the game told me that there would be no more DUP patrols in the area. 2 minutes later, I see a DUP patrol truck circling the entire district.

Did I do something wrong? Glitch? Or is that supposed to happen?

They're going to keep patrolling in them vans, but there won't be any randoms hanging out on rooftops, or the check in stations anymore

TheHall

Radiant Wave or whatever it is called is so over powered.

I used it
on that mission where you look for conduits
in the parking garage on 3 guys, but got a Karmic Streak of 16.

Every level i went up to had guys subdued with neon-strings.

IS there no limit to the AOE on this thing? Dear god.

Kaswa101

I assume they can just say they are conduits so they are fine. Realistically I don't see how they were still trapped. Fetch can make a radial blast that can break her and Eugene out. I suppose since Augustine wasn't directly manipulating them anymore either one of them could break free. Fetch can blast them out and Eugene could have called an angel to bust them out. But...makes me wonder if they could have saved Reggie.

Fair enough. Thanks. :)

Hoodbury

Being good, how do you handle the sign people? Do I just ignore them? I shoot next to them and they get scared but then a second later they are out picketing again. I shoot one of them and either kill or assault and get evil karma.

Is there a way to keep good karma and get rid of them?

And what's the deal with the sign spinner guys? I shoot at their feet and they run away and then they are off the mini map but nothing really happens with that. Do they have a purpose? Their signs aren't even pro DUP or anything, it's usually just advertising, so what's their story?

I just got to the lantern district and now there is a new icon on my minimap, a red looking thing. It's usually just one guy that I can go up to and if I press L2 using neon it'll show me his blue leg or red head and I can subdue him and then some other guys sometimes come and attack me but if I subdue or kill them then I get a red karma thing saying something like Attic was assaulted or something like that. What's that?

also about getting into the Lantern district, when I beat the big rock throwing boss guy, I wasn't suppose to get my third power from him was I? Just want to make sure I didn't miss something there. If not, don't tell me what the third power is yet, I haven't spoiled that for myself yet so it'll still be a surprise if it's coming up soon

dstarMDA

Being good, how do you handle the sign people? Do I just ignore them? I shoot next to them and they get scared but then a second later they are out picketing again. I shoot one of them and either kill or assault and get evil karma.

Is there a way to keep good karma and get rid of them?

And what's the deal with the sign spinner guys? I shoot at their feet and they run away and then they are off the mini map but nothing really happens with that. Do they have a purpose? Their signs aren't even pro DUP or anything, it's usually just advertising, so what's their story?

I just got to the lantern district and now there is a new icon on my minimap, a red looking thing. It's usually just one guy that I can go up to and if I press L2 using neon it'll show me his blue leg or red head and I can subdue him and then some other guys sometimes come and attack me but if I subdue or kill them then I get a red karma thing saying something like Attic was assaulted or something like that. What's that?

also about getting into the Lantern district, when I beat the big rock throwing boss guy, I wasn't suppose to get my third power from him was I? Just want to make sure I didn't miss something there. If not, don't tell me what the third power is yet, I haven't spoiled that for myself yet so it'll still be a surprise if it's coming up soon

There are good karma related random events and bad karma related random events.

The blue ones give good karma and the red ones give evil. You can't deal with them as you wish.

And for the spoiler part, no, you didn't miss anything.

ChrisW

So it starts raining (after you complete story) if you go to the bridge you followed the bus in the intro to.

I really hope they add either a day night cycle or an option in the menu system to change the weather and time of day. As much as I like playing during daytime, if love to play with neon in the night time again (looks amazing)

Just managed to 100% the first island, now to tackle the second location, this will be the most difficult tbh

So it starts raining (after you complete story) if you go to the bridge you followed the bus in the intro to.

I really hope they add either a day night cycle or an option in the menu system to change the weather and time of day. As much as I like playing during daytime, if love to play with neon in the night time again (looks amazing)

Just managed to 100% the first island, now to tackle the second location, this will be the most difficult tbh
I tweeted to the guy who worked on the time of day system about this, and he favorited my tweet. Maybe some day it will happen.

aNMnj2s.jpg

Anyone know if it's sunny all the time if you finish the game with evil karma?

ChrisW

I tweeted to the guy who worked on the time of day system about this, and he favorited my tweet. Maybe some day it will happen.

aNMnj2s.jpg

Anyone know if it's sunny all the time if you finish the game with evil karma?
Hope that means something down the line, also yeah it's always sunny unless you go to the original bridge and it triggers rain

todahawk

So after you complete the story, is there a day and night cycle with dynamic weather or is it always the same?

Quoting because I'm still looking for an answer on this too...
Someone please answer the dry humper!

edit:
just saw the posts further up :(
hopefully it's different for my evil playthrough at least

zebwinz

I'm having a ton of fun with this game but part of me wishes it wasn't open world. A lot of jankiness (weird scripting, getting stuck on invisible walls in the middle of the city, etc) that maybe would be alleviated if the game was more linear. Plus the side mission types are AC1 levels of boring and the main mission chases are a snooze fest too. However, it's the story that is really pulling me in - love the motion comic style back-story cutscenes.

A little dark in this picture, but a ton of NPCs were standing on/stuck on top of tables :)

Bjg-TcwCAAAwEZZ.jpg:large

Completed it, visually the last boss was great but from a gameplay aspect it was a bit tedious imo. Very good game overall though , certainly one of the better games this gen so far. Will start an Evil play through soon. Good job Sucker Punch.

Raptor

I wish the Neon Trail you left behind while runnig were more like Fetch's, those are really exagerated and last more on sight.

I just finished the game. I didn't love it. I've liked all three games to a degree, but outside of the splendid visuals, the series is beginning to feel a little bit stale.

Why did Sucker Punch create an amazing Seattle but give the player so little to do in it?

vypek

Can anyone tell me how I can switch jackets? I've acquired a number now but I don't see where to change them...

Options, L2 or R2 to Delsin psych profile then use left or right on d-pad to change.

I just finished the game. I didn't love it. I've liked all three games to a degree, but outside of the splendid visuals, the series is beginning to feel a little bit stale.

Why did Sucker Punch create an amazing Seattle but give the player so little to do in it?

The small staff I'd guess. I still love the games. I think it would be good to vary the sidequests a bit, even if they make a mix of all the quests in different games.

Got the game today and managed to put in a couple of hours. Has anybody mentioned how good the game looks yet? Because dang, it is a looker.

Plays well too; control is very fluid. I can already tell it's a step up from last-gen inFamous.

Violater

Same, it is unique, but everything about it just doesn't click with me, from graphics to play style. Couldn't switch back to neon fast enough.

Third power spoiler
I wonder if that's why they forced you to use it before you could go back to your other powers. I think if it had an endless flight ability I would feel differently

My only complaint about the game is not going deep enough into the lore of the remaining conduits. Cole's legacy touched on it, and part of the ending as well, but that's all. I understand there were a few conduits that survived, but why? What makes them so special? I WANT TO KNOWWWW!!

Was the first part of the paper trails mission only the chase?

vypek

My only complaint about the game is not going deep enough into the lore of the remaining conduits. Cole's legacy touched on it, and part of the ending as well, but that's all. I understand there were a few conduits that survived, but why? What makes them so special? I WANT TO KNOWWWW!!

Me too. Cole's legacy touched on it a bit which I liked but I want more about things that happened. Still liked the legacy missions though

FeD.nL

So just finished the evil playthrough and I fully expect that one to be canon. I really hope they ditch the karma system next outing and hope they do something like this:

Spoilers for Infamous 2 and SS
I hope they go with a good campaign and an infamous one. Cole in the good one where you have to hunt Delsin down who has gone the Sylar route of getting all the powers. With the subtitle being Second Son maybe Delsin form his own group like the First Sons in the first Infamous.

But anyway in the infamous campaign you play as Delsin who hunts other conduits to get their powers. He finds out there isn't any prime electricity conduit after Cole 'died' but then notices someone is hunting him.

I really enjoyed both characters, and I really like the fact that both Delsin and Cole lost someone but they both went different direction (since the good ending of infamous 2 is canon). They could even do something like a suicide squad type thing that is out to hunt Cole when they find out he's alive because he tried to wipe out all the conduits.

I'd really like to see such a sequel. Just a focussed power set with Cole's electricity in the good campaign and the power switching Delsin in the infamous campaign.

Top Bottom