• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Finally beat the game. Why the fuck does the
fourth power not have a karmic super move?
What kind of lazy bullshit is that, SP?

Oh well, it's cool at least.

cool cool cool, have gleamed from this that there is a 4th power. I had resigned myself to the fact that there would be only 3.... I'm looking forward to discovering #4

Finally beat the game on evil. That was an unexpected ending, and I kind of liked it lol. I still have no idea where I can dash into two vents and comet drop on someone. Frustrating as hell...

LOL. Me too. I think I was hellbent on destroying the D.U.P messy construction and in the process triggering the trophy via explosion.

Try those armored moving vehicles too. When they stop to catch you, they effectively stop a few other cars behind them as well. Not always. But on some busy streets, they'll inevitably create traffic jam.
Lmao I did the same thing.

I keep failing to get the comet drop three coughing foes trophy. They always run away from each other when they start coughing. Any tips?

Finally beat the game on evil. That was an unexpected ending, and I kind of liked it lol. I still have no idea where I can't dash into two vents and comet drop on someone. Frustrating as hell...
The way I did it is go into a vent, come out, and then dash into the same vent on top of the roof so you get the jump boost and then comet drop some drug dealers. You don't actually have to go THROUGH two vents. I'm pretty sure I went onto the same vent once I was on a roof but its possible it was a different one. That shouldn't be hard, though, cause most roofs have the vent you come out + another vent on the side.

Just finished the game after staying home from work sick and playing it non stop since breakfast. What an amazing and draining (hiyo) experience.

100% completion
Light (True Hero)

Non-spoiler finale screen (with Cole jacket DLC)
YSlXXDl.jpg

velcry

I'm about 70% of the way through my first playthrough, and I've been thinking of the common criticism that the city feels 'empty' when compared to other open world games.

I don't think the answer lies in padding side content such as collectibles or 'real-world' activities such as golf or racing or any one of the other side-games you'd find in Yakuza or Saints Row or GTA. Those are meaningless filler content.

Here are my suggestions:

+ Lore on Conduits - Weave this through the game, don't just put it in your ARG websites. Remember how in Deus Ex Human Revolution there were snippets of newspaper articles about how new technology was changing the world? Perhaps include a series of side missions where underground scientists delved into the genetics of conduits, and then you had a choice of spreading that information or suppressing it.

+ DUP Reactions - It's not believable that you can liberate one district and then not have the DUP retaliate. Perhaps after every liberation, the DUP in the remaining districts should have "levelled up" with tougher troops. Maybe include scripted clashes between the DUP and the citizens in the city? Also, akin to Mass Effect 3, the more districts you've liberated, the more resources available to you in the main missions?

+ Citizen Reactions - More backstories about how the citizens react to the events in the world, perhaps through the form of TV talk shows, or radio program call-ins. The Last of Us did this pretty well. The citizens could also have a larger role to play, such as relay information on DUP forces to you, or by offering / deny you access to power recharge points.

leng jai

I didn't really find the world empty in terms of people – it just wasn't interesting and basically devoid of any personality. Even the visuals got repetitive after a while since the districts aren't all that distinct besides 1.

What the fuck is up with the
He who dwells
fight? Frustrating... I think the best I did after like 4 attempts is maybe 20% dmg.

Kill the angels he transforms into as they are going to the other side of the level to reform. This will decrease his life bar very quickly. You can do this every time he transforms into them.

VanWinkle

Two things.

First, a spoiler about Reggie shortly before acquiring the third power:
Reggie acting like a conduit absolutely cracked me up. So funny.

Second, a spoiler about the third power:
It's very cool, but I don't quite feel a connection between my power abilities and video. It doesn't make me think "video". Thoughts?

Vidpixel

I'm about 70% of the way through my first playthrough, and I've been thinking of the common criticism that the city feels 'empty' when compared to other open world games.

I don't think the answer lies in padding side content such as collectibles or 'real-world' activities such as golf or racing or any one of the other side-games you'd find in Yakuza or Saints Row or GTA. Those are meaningless filler content.

Here are my suggestions:

+ Lore on Conduits - Weave this through the game, don't just put it in your ARG websites. Remember how in Deus Ex Human Revolution there were snippets of newspaper articles about how new technology was changing the world? Perhaps include a series of side missions where underground scientists delved into the genetics of conduits, and then you had a choice of spreading that information or suppressing it.

+ DUP Reactions - It's not believable that you can liberate one district and then not have the DUP retaliate. Perhaps after every liberation, the DUP in the remaining districts should have "levelled up" with tougher troops. Maybe include scripted clashes between the DUP and the citizens in the city? Also, akin to Mass Effect 3, the more districts you've liberated, the more resources available to you in the main missions?

+ Citizen Reactions - More backstories about how the citizens react to the events in the world, perhaps through the form of TV talk shows, or radio program call-ins. The Last of Us did this pretty well. The citizens could also have a larger role to play, such as relay information on DUP forces to you, or by offering / deny you access to power recharge points.

I completely agree with the notion of the citizens taking a more active role in the development of the story, especially in regards to the liberation of the districts from the D.U.P.

And I'm not sure if you know this, but in regards to your second point, (might be a very, very minor post-game spoiler)
the D.U.P. do begin to retaliate once you clear all the districts.

Are we supposed to input a number on the device found at the crime scene in papertrails website? Was the first part only the chase?

The way I did it is go into a vent, come out, and then dash into the same vent on top of the roof so you get the jump boost and then comet drop some drug dealers. You don't actually have to go THROUGH two vents. I'm pretty sure I went onto the same vent once I was on a roof but its possible it was a different one. That shouldn't be hard, though, cause most roofs have the vent you come out + another vent on the side.

Damn, why didn't I think of that?! The vents weren't really the problem. I found plenty of vents that led to other vents, but no enemies to comet drop on. Hell, I'd even wait for the mandatory DUP truck to come by, but nothing.

Pop

Two things.

It's very cool, but I don't quite feel a connection between my power abilities and video. It doesn't make me think "video". Thoughts?

I just took the third power as
like video projection. Like imagining wings being projected with video feed.

That Reggie part was hilarious.

Boxster17

its not possible to go to The top of The Space Needle a second time, right?

I don't see why you couldn't after beating the game, details below...

With the neon power and infinite run ability I think you can make it up? Otherwise I climbed up it with the final power from Augustine and you can do the jump hover to propel yourself up a bit. Normally you need to land but so long as you touch the side of the building then it'll reset the jump boost you can do again and keep doing thos all the way up (I had done for the 45s of air trick). Though getting up from the main center supports to around the viewing deck edge was the trickiest park (though not needed for the 45s of air trophy as you don't need to get that high)

Missiles will stun him out of his laser, and his missiles seem to only track the platform you're on - so as soon as he starts charging his laser, missile him, if he starts the missile move, switch platforms, and at all other times just spam shots at him (his laser and missile windups look different, different reticile etc, learn to differentiate them).
lol my wasy seems far more noobish but just as effective, did it I think on first try

Hide behind the small walls. A full out attack by him takes about the time to destroy it and just barely hit me. During this, take out the other angels and then just wait and counter when you can.

vypek

I'm doing my expert evil playthrough (my 2nd playthrough) and I'm certainly finding it easier.

On the final boss:

I have just gotten past the first stages of Augustine before you challenge her at the News building. I have found that video seems to be pretty effective against her in the battle. I'm hoping I can push through until the end on expert mode so I can earn my platinum. Definitely find this more challenging than the other infamous games. I don't know why I have a harder time with this one.

I'm doing my expert evil playthrough (my 2nd playthrough) and I'm certainly finding it easier.

On the final boss:

I have just gotten past the first stages of Augustine before you challenge her at the News building. I have found that video seems to be pretty effective against her in the battle. I'm hoping I can push through until the end on expert mode so I can earn my platinum. Definitely find this more challenging than the other infamous games. I don't know why I have a harder time with this one.

Yeah, I was surprised how quickly I beat her on expert with evil karma. Those homing missiles really come in handy.

Grisby

Made it to the second district. City is beautiful but it's all starting to get a little boring. The same side missions and every time they are in the same place again and again.

I hope the main missions at least bring the creativity.

I don't see why you couldn't after beating the game, details below...

With the neon power and infinite run ability I think you can make it up? Otherwise I climbed up it with the final power from Augustine and you can do the jump hover to propel yourself up a bit. Normally you need to land but so long as you touch the side of the building then it'll reset the jump boost you can do again and keep doing thos all the way up (I had done for the 45s of air trick). Though getting up from the main center supports to around the viewing deck edge was the trickiest park (though not needed for the 45s of air trophy as you don't need to get that high)

Invisible walls prevent you. One time thing.

TsuWave

i don't understand why so many people are struggling with the "he who dwells" fight

all you need is neon+phosporus jump+missiles and its relatively easy

Made it to the second district. City is beautiful but it's all starting to get a little boring. The same side missions and every time they are in the same place again and again.

I hope the main missions at least bring the creativity.

side missions are like that in most open world games, the main missions are much better and the game feels fresh with every new power you unlock

Grisby

i don't understand why so many people are struggling with the "he who dwells" fight

all you need is neon+phosporus jump+missiles and its relatively easy

side missions are like that in most open world games, the main missions are much better and the game feels fresh with every new power you unlock
I'm having fun with the powers. Just want some more creative side missions to go along with it.

I am Scruff McGruff of Seattle,

vypek

Yeah, I was surprised how quickly I beat her on expert with evil karma. Those homing missiles really come in handy.

Seriously. They're incredibly powerful and take down her shield pretty easily. Hope I can manage to use concrete well enough in the final showdown though. Also, killing Hank was kinda hard to do...and painful to watch

Seriously. They're incredibly powerful and take down her shield pretty easily. Hope I can manage to use concrete well enough in the final showdown though. Also, killing Hank was kinda hard to do...and painful to watch

I cleared out all the districts before going to Augustine. That way, I was able to upgrade the concrete powers as I got them. It's really easy afterwards. At least, I thought it was haha.

Two things.

it was more "pixel" than video

Its like..SUPER SITUATIONAL, but you can cancel an orbital drop and still get the health recharge without actually using it. Works in areas with ceilings.

for example
the part in where you break down pillars with Hank

So on expert you can just go nuts and not worry about getting hit in some areas.

IndustryX

After beating the game on evil it is kinda lame playing good now (although expert keeps it interesting I suppose) I miss just blowing the whole city up without a care :(

Just 100% the game as good. Not sure if I'm gonna do an evil playthrough or not. Did an evil playthrough in the first Infamous. I don't take criticism well and having someone constantly yelling at me telling me I'm doing something wrong made it completely unfun for me.

Right. Wow. Just finished the game for the first time, expert and Hero (so the good ending). After seeing some of the choices I made, I'm dreading the evil play-through as inFamous always makes me feel terrible after doing the wrong thing.

Couldn't stop using the
concrete
power, everything about it is amazing. The traversal is very different and unique but also effective, I love how the
dash
is completely different in use than neon, smoke or
video
. It is also so rewarding
sucking it up from DUP soldiers, though that makes me wonder how Augustine's power worked - it makes me feel sort of like The Beast. Mainly because he killed humans to give conduits power and know I'm sucking away their power to give myself power.

I also really need a sequel to this, I hope that
Fetch, Delsin and Eugene form some kind of team. It'd be weird starting off with four powers though, maybe they'll find a way to make Delsin lose them (though they did a good job with Cole in inFamous 2) as I feel the game would be too easy.

Would anyone recommend me doing the second play-through on an easier level? I'll start it once I have finished up everything to do in my Hero game.

God, this was such an amazing game.

Pop

Right. Wow. Just finished the game for the first time, expert and Hero (so the good ending). After seeing some of the choices I made, I'm dreading the evil play-through as inFamous always makes me feel terrible after doing the wrong thing.

Couldn't stop using the
concrete
power, everything about it is amazing. The traversal is very different and unique but also effective, I love how the
dash
is completely different in use than neon, smoke or
video
. It is also so rewarding
sucking it up from DUP soldiers, though that makes me wonder how Augustine's power worked - it makes me feel sort of like The Beast. Mainly because he killed humans to give conduits power and know I'm sucking away their power to give myself power.

I also really need a sequel to this, I hope that
Fetch, Delsin and Eugene form some kind of team. It'd be weird starting off with four powers though, maybe they'll find a way to make Delsin lose them (though they did a good job with Cole in inFamous 2) as I feel the game would be too easy.

Would anyone recommend me doing the second play-through on an easier level? I'll start it once I have finished up everything to do in my Hero game.

God, this was such an amazing game.

Glad you enjoyed it. I know I sure did.

Yes do a second play-through being Evil. I believe the ending is worth it if not for anything else.

Glad you enjoyed it. I know I sure did.

Yes do a second play-through being Evil. I believe the ending is worth it if not for anything else.
I'll try not to get it spoiled then, it's hard when I feel confident clicking them all now!

Would you recommend I do it on an easier difficulty? I played on Expert and didn't honestly find it too difficult, I guess it never really is if you start with the hardest difficulty as you're not used to any other method of play.

Teddified

I'll try not to get it spoiled then, it's hard when I feel confident clicking them all now!

Would you recommend I do it on an easier difficulty? I played on Expert and didn't honestly find it too difficult, I guess it never really is if you start with the hardest difficulty as you're not used to any other method of play.

If you're having fun on the hardest difficulty I don't see a reason to tone it down unless you just want to have a leisurely romp.

You can always change it later if you already have the trophy.

If you're having fun on the hardest difficulty I don't see a reason to tone it down unless you just want to have a leisurely romp.
It's more the idea of completely dominating everything as it's an evil play-through, I guess I could always just change it back to expert if I don't enjoy it, it's not like a trophy is riding on it or anything.

I beat the game on hero 60% and I still have lots to do. The problem is it's pretty fun just exploring the city and marveling at how good everything looks. Also playing with the PS Gold headset makes the game sound so rich and full. I honestly don't know how people are already platinum'ing this game.

I haven't even started my evil run yet.

Top Bottom