• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Raptor

I don't think I have used Melee in this more than a few ocassions, shooting feels more satisfactory to me, dem headshots and stuff :p

Pop

So just finished the evil playthrough and I fully expect that one to be canon. I really hope they ditch the karma system next outing and hope they do something like this:

Spoilers for Infamous 2 and SS
I hope they go with a good campaign and an infamous one. Cole in the good one where you have to hunt Delsin down who has gone the Sylar route of getting all the powers. With the subtitle being Second Son maybe Delsin form his own group like the First Sons in the first Infamous.

But anyway in the infamous campaign you play as Delsin who hunts other conduits to get their powers. He finds out there isn't any prime electricity conduit after Cole 'died' but then notices someone is hunting him.

I really enjoyed both characters, and I really like the fact that both Delsin and Cole lost someone but they both went different direction (since the good ending of infamous 2 is canon). They could even do something like a suicide squad type thing that is out to hunt Cole when they find out he's alive because he tried to wipe out all the conduits.

I'd really like to see such a sequel. Just a focussed power set with Cole's electricity in the good campaign and the power switching Delsin in the infamous campaign.

But
Cole is dead.

In this game I have fun doing nothing, like just admiring the vistas or the graphics.

I have put maybe close to 10 hours now, maybe 8 and I have cleared the entire first Island or section, True Hero Level, all maxed out Smoke and Neon powers, I can safely say I enjoy more this game than any AC game I have ever played, in this everything I do is fun, plain and simple and looks incredible beautifull to booth.

I will Platinum this game :)

how do you level up on hero so fast? It's easy to level up on bad guy, but Hero?

Dat evil ending tho. I was fully expecting that bit right at the end. I was practically willing it to happen and it did. I was pleased. I hope that is the canon ending. Come on, Sucker Punch. Spice it up a bit.

aly

So just finished the evil playthrough and I fully expect that one to be canon. I really hope they ditch the karma system next outing and hope they do something like this:

Spoilers for Infamous 2 and SS
I hope they go with a good campaign and an infamous one. Cole in the good one where you have to hunt Delsin down who has gone the Sylar route of getting all the powers. With the subtitle being Second Son maybe Delsin form his own group like the First Sons in the first Infamous.

But anyway in the infamous campaign you play as Delsin who hunts other conduits to get their powers. He finds out there isn't any prime electricity conduit after Cole 'died' but then notices someone is hunting him.

I really enjoyed both characters, and I really like the fact that both Delsin and Cole lost someone but they both went different direction (since the good ending of infamous 2 is canon). They could even do something like a suicide squad type thing that is out to hunt Cole when they find out he's alive because he tried to wipe out all the conduits.

I'd really like to see such a sequel. Just a focussed power set with Cole's electricity in the good campaign and the power switching Delsin in the infamous campaign.

Second time I've heard this theory and I so want it to happen. It makes too much sense.

Sanjuro

Kind of gave the game a couple day break after getting into the second island.

One thing is for certain, the spray painting mini-game is one of the worst things about this game. I don't mind trying to find trinkets repetitively, I'm just sick of stupid controller gimmicks over and over.

daman824

The
eugene
boss battle was about twice as long as it should have been. So boring and repetitive. Other than that, good game that is a definite improvement over i2.

DihcarEM

So just finished the evil playthrough and I fully expect that one to be canon.
I really hope it's not. Evil ending makes little to no sense, the character's evolution feels unnatural. Delsin also unlike Cole has a personality to speak of. I'm pretty sure they will continue with the good ending being the canon one.

AstroN

Banned
Played again last night and found the combat more satisfying thanks to some good advice here. Kept on the move as much as possible and used more strategy in planning out my approaches to bases like taking out turrets first etc. Before I had found it abit challenging and would be taking too much damage.

Now with the second and third power this game is really opening up for me and I'm enjoying it much more. And those graphics!

daman824

Hated that, was monotonous
When I put the first few hits in, I was thinking it was going to be one of those boss fights where you get it down to about 75%-50% of its health before the fight is over because
you're trying to befriend the guy
But then delsin said
"gotta get back in there." after being spit out
and I got pretty annoyed.

Like I get that they spent all that time designing the fight seeing as how it's pretty different from others. And for obvious reasons, they want to make the fight feel epic. but come on,
he only has two attacks

jet1911

When I put the first few hits in, I was thinking it was going to be one of those boss fights where you get it down to about 75%-50% of its health before the fight is over because
But then delsin said

Like I get that they spent all that time designing the fight seeing as how it's pretty different from others. And for obvious reasons, they want to make the fight feel epic. but come on,
he only has two attacks

Pretty much all the boss fights in the game are super tedious.

Kyoufu

The
eugene
boss battle was about twice as long as it should have been. So boring and repetitive. Other than that, good game that is a definite improvement over i2.

That boss was probably the shortest one I encountered on Expert. It was over quickly.

If they're choosing the canon ending democratically again (i.e. going by trophy data), then, at last check, good is beating evil by quite a bit.

Good is always going to beat Evil, in any game. *sigh*

But I wouldn't continue Delsin's story using the Evil ending anyway. It was a little silly.

But then delsin said

he only has two attacks

Yes that part...I couldn't wait for it to end, visually was great though

Pop

Kind of gave the game a couple day break after getting into the second island.

One thing is for certain, the spray painting mini-game is one of the worst things about this game. I don't mind trying to find trinkets repetitively, I'm just sick of stupid controller gimmicks over and over.

I enjoy the spray painting. Much better then just pushing a button.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
I thought i saw a gif before where delsin was combining neon and smoke somehow, did i just imagine it or can the powers somehow be combined?

Respect

Third power spoiler
I wonder if that's why they forced you to use it before you could go back to your other powers. I think if it had an endless flight ability I would feel differently

I think that would certainly make me feel differently about the power, losing
endless neon sprint
alone is a deal breaker for me, without a favorable alternative.

As a side note, awnings have become my kryptonite, particularly in firefights.

Violater

I think that would certainly make me feel differently about the power, losing
endless neon sprint
alone is a deal breaker for me, without a favorable alternative.

As a side note, awnings have become my kryptonite, particularly in firefights.

I got stuck in some signs and got lit up by an auto turret last night.
The location of the third power recharges makes it tedious.

Hoodbury

I always destroy every DUP item I can since they are all destructible. Last night I killed myself 3 times from the smaller signs, lol. The big towers fall on me and nothing, but the little thinner tri sided signs fall and insta death.

That takes me to my next question, what is the actual penalty for death? Do you lose any progress or Karma or anything? Or just get put back to your closest unlocked respawn point?

I always destroy every DUP item I can since they are all destructible. Last night I killed myself 3 times from the smaller signs, lol. The big towers fall on me and nothing, but the little thinner tri sided signs fall and insta death.

That takes me to my next question, what is the actual penalty for death? Do you lose any progress or Karma or anything? Or just get put back to your closest unlocked respawn point?
No penalty except time.

Kuldar

That boss was probably the shortest one I encountered on Expert. It was over quickly.

Good is always going to beat Evil, in any game. *sigh*

But I wouldn't continue Delsin's story using the Evil ending anyway. It was a little silly.
Sucker Punch could make
Delsin the main vilain
in the next inFAMOUS if they choose he Evil ending as canon.
The boss fight could be glorious with an opponent switching powers and changing his combat patterns.

JohngPR

Hope that means something down the line, also yeah it's always sunny unless you go to the original bridge and it triggers rain

Or maybe he wanted it to be put in and was voted down so he's proving a point to the rest of the guys on the team. LOL

Salz01

Just finished it on my heroic play through . Overall I thought it was great. I actually like all the side quests, but it does pad the game. I also wish we could change the time of day once you finish the main story. Would be great to have that option. I also think the world felt a little smaller than the previous games. Makes me excited to see what comes next on this system.

Respect

I got stuck in some signs and got lit up by an auto turret last night.
The location of the third power recharges makes it tedious.

Was noticing that too with the brief time I had the third power... "Where the hell can I recharge? Oh, there is ONE in between the ten neon recharge spots."

Might notice it more once I traverse more around the city, pretty much called it shortly after I got the third power so didn't see much of the map, but it didn't look promising.

Giggled at the name of this jacket

R5Axi3d.jpg

Kuldar

Got the 3rd power last night, like most people I don't like it as much.
I don't think it's the opinion of most people.

The fourth power is actually really growing on me... once you get acquainted with the play style it's really powerful. Deliberate, but very powerful.
Yeah, I really like it after using it few times. In fact I had the same issues with the second and third power too. I was so used to the previous power I had trouble using the new one. But after a short adaptation time I loved the new power.

ChrisW

I know I'm going to sound stupid but does "canon" mean one that won't be used?

I.e. People hoping that the evil ending will be cannon, meaning the good ending will be used for the next game or DLC?

jet1911

Is it possible to be evil and have slo mo aiming with Neon power? Maybe by starting as good Delsin but turning evil after unlocking the ability?

Top Bottom