• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery |OT|

Seda

It's not great, but there are a few thing's I did like about it. Battle system and exploration are okay. However, like most Tri-ace games, it becomes a skill spammer by late game.

GRINN VALESTI
GRINN VALESTI
GRINN VALESTI
"Won't you heal them?" (you request your cleric to heal)
GRINN VALESTI
GRINN VALESTI

Plot has a few decent twists that caught me off guard but is mediocre, although I was actually quite fond of how everything wrapped up in the end. Characters are mostly forgettable, there's a A LOT of them that you can use.

Seda

It was nothing spectacular but still enjoyable. Had lots of shitty fetch quest side quests though.

Oh yes.

Oh, and the voice acting was pretty bad too (and I usually don't mind poor voiceovers) and the lack of lip-sync is really jarring. Those kids.... bleurgh

It's an alright game. I didn't actually finish it, but I played up to a point where you had to go through the same shitty forest three or four times last time I stopped. The combat was alright, but it could have easily been ten times better had there been a proper way to guard or dodge.

Also, I'd like to hear Jason Liebrecht in more games.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Probably tri-Ace's worst game. The sad thing is, the game had some interesting concepts (like, monsters being attracted to your scent, massive party battles, a series of interactive environments with lots of set pieces), but it felt broken, really rushed (why can I only control Capell and have to "link" to other characters?, and incomplete... like there was so much more the team wanted to do but didn't have development time. Controls felt sluggish (especially anything involving first-person aiming), there were way too many missables, the sidequests were very obtuse (having to take every single character around the HUGE towns one by one and talk to EVERYBODY to even discover a quest!).

Also lack of a fast travel coupled with that awful awful mazelike forest was what really made me curse the game.

The game is mediocre. It looks decent, performs solidly and plays well enough. The voices during battle got irritating, fast. The main plot is subpar and forgettable, even by JRPG standards. The music is forgettable; I don't remember what any of it sounded like. Characters are hit-or-miss...some I liked (Aya) others I loathed (the kids).

And yeah, I hated that maze-like forest.

IU had some good ideas...the potential was there for a pretty good game. But the execution fell way short.

If you can find it for less than $10, maybe give it a shot...otherwise pass.

Top Bottom