• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade II |OT| Swiping never felt so good

derFeef

iPad 1 and iPod Touch have issues because of memory or whatever, they stated it on the Epic forums. They didn't test the game on a device with a bunch of apps installed

Well that sucks, if they knew they should be stating that in the release. I hope there is a fix coming because not being able to paly the game at all is a bit upsetting.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So I think I finished it?
I beat the God King, freed the Worker, got betrayed by him and now I'm spending my sweet time in his prison with Raidriar. I saw Isa walk to the tower with a staff and then it restarted. Huh.

Got the same. I guess we'll have to wait for that content update. I enjoyed it for what it was, the bugs really killed part of it though. Time to do it all over again!

Also, what's this "God King Level" on the leaderboards? I only got '150' after beating the game.

Got the same. I guess we'll have to wait for that content update. I enjoyed it for what it was, the bugs really killed part of it though. Time to do it all over again!

Did you unlock the 6
equipment pieces in the tomb? I somehow have the feeling that sarcophagus might open up. Maybe.

I also enjoyed it, luckily I didn't experience any game-crashing bugs. The ending felt very abrupt and anti-climatic though. I also kinda saw it coming from a mile
really disappointed that the didn't go into the story of Ausar, Raidriar and the Worker a bit more
. You're right though, just gotta wait for that update.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Did you unlock the 6
equipment pieces in the tomb? I somehow have the feeling that sarcophagus might open up. Maybe.

I also enjoyed it, luckily I didn't experience any game-crashing bugs. The ending felt very abrupt and anti-climatic though. I also kinda saw it coming from a mile
really disappointed that the didn't go into the story of Ausar, Raidriar and the Worker a bit more
. You're right though, just gotta wait for that update.

I was only able to unlock one of the items. I'm not even sure how I unlocked it, I must have picked up a weapon from an enemy. It seems like you have to read the book for more background...they really push that e-book sale on you even after the ending

I'm guessing we'll get to play as Isa in the content update, that or that's for Infinity Blade 3. Sheesh, I hope they're not holding it back that far.

Checking Epic forums, seems like there is a New Game+...so I guess we're not really done with the base version yet.

I was only able to unlock one of the items. I'm not even sure how I unlocked it, I must have picked up a weapon from an enemy. It seems like you have to read the book for more background...they really push that e-book sale on you even after the ending

I'm guessing we'll get to play as Isa in the content update, that or that's for Infinity Blade 3. Sheesh, I hope they're not holding it back that far.

I managed to open 3, there's 2 weapons for every weapon type I guess. Gotta grind on for the remaining 3 I guess. I actually read the book (it's decent for the price) and it didn't have any info on the Worker. It just covers the story between the first and the second game and explains a bit about the Deathless and who that ancestor in IB1 was.

Isa in the update... probably. But there's also a lot of blacked out equipment in the shop. Maybe that's the stuff that they'll add. Who knows really.

Wario64 said:
Checking Epic forums, seems like there is a New Game+...so I guess we're not really done with the base version yet.

Any details on how to access it?

This game sounds really good. Not gonna bite until all these buggy issues get sorted out. Still haven't finished the first one so I might as well do that first and push this out of my mind for a bit.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Any details on how to access it?

Oh, looks like you just go to character slots in the options and make a new character. Hmm. Not sure if I want to jump in that just yet. New game+ on IB1 meant losing all your weapons and gold but keep your stats.

Also, don't like how the achievements in this game are borderline to "Seriously" Gears of War achievement

Oh, looks like you just go to character slots in the options and make a new character. Hmm. Not sure if I want to jump in that just yet. New game+ on IB1 meant losing all your weapons and gold but keep your stats.

Also, don't like how the achievements in this game are borderline to "Seriously" Gears of War achievement

Eh, sounds like something I'd do after I play through the update. If at all.

Edit: Also, people will remember the first area in the game as a prime example of wasted assets.

hyp

i bet the programmers were like "fuck it, i'm out!" when they submitted. hence the vagueness.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Does this mean I have to download another gig again? :/ It's taking forever again to download

ParityBit

938.6 MB? What happend to incremental builds? Unless there is a LOT of balance and bug fixes going in......

*sighs* Slow on a hotel network. Only 6 hours left to go!

derFeef

938.6 MB? What happend to incremental builds? Unless there is a LOT of balance and bug fixes going in......

*sighs* Slow on a hotel network. Only 6 hours left to go!

My guess is they needed to update a lot of the game seeing some guys are not able to paly the game at all. Happens with PC games too rarely.

My guess is they needed to update a lot of the game seeing some guys are not able to paly the game at all. Happens with PC games too rarely.

iOS apps always redownload the entire app on updates, it can be annoying but with so many apps out there is most likely the easiest and less buggy way of doing it currently.

Anony

i'm guessing that the pre ipad2/iphone4gs versions look different, are there any side by side screen comparisons?

hyp

just lost my save game on my iPad 2 after the update. don't know what the fuck just happened. i say hold off on the update if you care about your save game.

goddamnit chair/epic!

Chuck

Still without luck
I specifically remember Donald Mustard say on the Giant Bomb Quick Look that a new feature in iOS 5 was that the quick updates that would allow them to push out small updates to prevent you from downloading the entire game again.

Well, why am I downloading the entire game again for an update right now, Don? :\

NekoFever

just lost my save game on my iPad 2 after the update. don't know what the fuck just happened. i say hold off on the update if you care about your save game.

goddamnit chair/epic!
Try fully quitting the game (close it and then quit it on the multitasking bar). That got everything working when the game didn't load my save once.

I've found syncing saves between devices to be slightly flaky anyway, to the point that I'm only playing it on my iPhone for now.

hyp

Try fully quitting the game (close it and then quit it on the multitasking bar). That got everything working when the game didn't load my save once.

I've found syncing saves between devices to be slightly flaky anyway, to the point that I'm only playing it on my iPhone for now.

thanks for the tip. will try.

Chocoboko

Just downloaded the update and iCloud saves seem to be working again now between my ipad2 and 4s. They previously didnt work at all on the 4s so hopefully they will keep working.

Hope they can fix everyones crashing issues soon.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm still afraid to turn on my iCloud saves. I turned if off by turning off documents & data. I'll lose my shit if I lose my post-game save.

derFeef

Did you try rebooting after update?

Rebooting, with no app running in background - still crashes after the title screen. I tried to deactivate cloud documents and so on, but nothing helps. I feel like this must be a bigger issue but maybe the iPad 1 owners are pretty rare.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rebooting, with no app running in background - still crashes after the title screen. I tried to deactivate cloud documents and so on, but nothing helps. I feel like this must be a bigger issue but maybe the iPad 1 owners are pretty rare.

Damn, that sucks.

My saves are still there post patch but I'm not touching my iCloud documents/data settings. I'll just be content on playing on my iPhone 4.

NekoFever

Yeah, save syncing still doesn't seem to work properly.

I started up the game on my iPad and the first time it started playing the intro, so I quit and started it again. The second time it loaded up in the same room as my iPhone save but with a level 1 character with all the starting equipment. Quit and went back to my iPhone and it put me right back to the beginning.

Didn't lose anything because I backed up the save from the iCloud folder on my Mac beforehand and could restore it, but that's got to be annoying for people who don't know about the problems and load up a save with hours put into it on another device.

Remaining an iPhone-only game for me for the immediate future.

hyp

oh well, lost my original save.

on the bright side, iCloud saving is working perfect for me between the iPhone 4 and my iPad 2.

I had no real problems with the game pre-patch, and 1.0.1 made it even better, the very few framerate hiccups (mainly when FFWing between fights or the first second of certain post-fight cutscenes, nothing that hindered gameplay) I had are even less present!

Still pleased then.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Character freeze bug is still there...good times Chair

Gotta say it's amusing starting a battle with a Super attack, taking off at least a third of the enemy's health, then just standing there seeing your full health bar go to 0 cause suddenly your character lost the ability to attack

Vire

So after playing it a bit, gotta say I'm rather disappointed in this game. Not nearly as many changes as I was expecting based on the overly hyperbolic reviews. Combined with the numerous glitches, bugs, and performance issues - this might be the most let down I've felt all year. Oh well, can't win em all I suppose.

It's not a bad game by any means I guess, just something completely and totally expected and as a result I'm becoming increasingly more bored each time I load it up.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
So they fixed it? Awesome.

I still feel they should have gotten more shit for releasing a broken (to a lot of players) game.

colinp

Banned
Character freeze bug is still there...good times Chair

Gotta say it's amusing starting a battle with a Super attack, taking off at least a third of the enemy's health, then just standing there seeing your full health bar go to 0 cause suddenly your character lost the ability to attack

Yeah, I lost the ability to attack in one fight but was luckily able to recover and kill the guy.

Does the Shield stat do anything for Heavy or Dual Wield?

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
There was no communication from Epic/Chair regarding "recommended" review settings, including what device to play on. Both devices I played on were literally filled to the brim with apps, with one on iOS 5.01 and one on iOS 4.

Hopefully Chair will have a fix out soon. But it seems like the only fix will be to reduce the memory footprint, and I'm sure pre-launch the company crunched like crazy to optimize so... I don't envy their current task.

So hey, IGN post articles about other games that are released with game-breaking bugs but even though this was a fairly high profile game that got a 10 it didn't deserve an article?

Top Bottom