• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Catching up on the Starfire Stream.

5D0Ua74.gif
5D0Ua74.gif
5D0Ua74.gif

That b+2 convinced me, new main time.

patchday

Starfire tomorrow for Ultimate owners.
3/5 ranked sets.
Competitive or gear and ability-enabled player matches.
More gear.
More shaders.
Options to sell items based on preset qualifiers (all epics under x value etc).

Good announcements.

Personally expecting Fighter Pack 2 trailer to drop a week after Starfire releases or so.

so awesome I've posted a lot of requests for that on Reddit. They do listen!

vg260

So glad they're letting you play non-gear player matches without all the silly back and forth on the stage select screen after you've committed to an opponent.

I couldn't believe that system was like that to begin with.

So glad they're letting you play non-gear player matches without all the silly back and forth on the stage select screen after you've committed to an opponent.

I couldn't believe that system was like that to begin with.

I'm going to bed but is anyone making a thread with all the QoL changes?

Starfire arcade ending.
Beast Boy is missing instead of dead?

sinkfla87

Got to try StarFire for a little bit on Xbox (because I'm obviously Australian). She's a ton of fun and going to be scary. She might not have the highest dmg output but her mobility, zoning, and setups are going to be downright ruthless. Crack took some notes from my stream.

6 frame d1, db1 is +2 on block, jumping extended 3 beam I believe is +3, and I think 232 hard knockdown string is +2. These may not be totally accurate as I'm going off of memory here lol.

patchday

@Keym,

Yeah I got Cyborg running Endless right now since hes got 25% boost to profile XP.

I'm wondering if can I get a bigger boost somehow....

Granted just took a gander at Source crystal prices. they are not bad and this game has provided me with so much entertainment.... I would toss them 1 dollar so I can unlock this shader for Wonder Woman

But nah... Waiting to see how Starfire plays out. I might drop Wonder Woman for my new waifu. She's way cuter then WW and has way better personality by far.

can I get a premier skin for that WW plz asap

patchday

oh wow even with cyclops full set (bout 30%+ profile XP gain) earning profile xp goes at a snail pace at my level (72). gotta open up the wallet wide for those crystals

Ravelle

Starfire unlocked for me last night a couple of minutes after midnight and played for about an hour with her, she seems very fun, a bit getting used to but plays a lot better than Red Hood.

delSai

They have to reuse some characters for I3, they're running out of big names. I feel like Red Hood will probably stick around.

Starfire tomorrow for Ultimate owners.
3/5 ranked sets.
Competitive or gear and ability-enabled player matches.
More gear.
More shaders.
Options to sell items based on preset qualifiers (all epics under x value etc).

Good announcements.

Personally expecting Fighter Pack 2 trailer to drop a week after Starfire releases or so.

Ultimate owner popping in here, didn't realize this was all coming today, awesome!

What's the 3/5 ranked game sets thingy?

Online matches are currently divided into two categories, player matches and Ranked Matches. Ranked match is just one match (Bo1) and you don't get the option to rematch even. In player matches you do get the option to rematch but both parties have to agree to gear being turned off else it's just gonna be a shit experience for whoever has the lower level gear.

With the new change, this is what will happen.

Online matches will be divided into three categories, Ranked matches, competitive player matches and gear player matches. Ranked matches will now consist of a minimum of 3 matches (if one players wins 3) or a maximum of 5 matches (if both win 2 leading to a final game) essentially turning it into a Best of 5. This means that you have to play a minimum of 3 matches against an opponent and win for that to register on your win/loss count. Competitive player matches will be player matches where you can rematch infinitely but gear is turned off by default with no option to turn it on. Gear matches will be just like the current player matches where you play with gear.

It's great because it turns ranked match into more of a competitive environment where you can't spam stuff or cheese your way to victory anymore as your opponent now has more matches to make comebacks and adapt, leading to a more skill-based and competitive setting. The competitive player match option is also great since now you can play online even against the same person as much as you want with no pressure and no worries of gear being a factor.

(a) What time will Starfire be up for UK PSN?

(b) Does anyone have a link to a definitive combo guide for Wonder Woman? I've basically been using basic ass combos and fundamentals to get by but I gotta have those combos down. If it's post-balance patch combos then that would be ideal!

clockpunk

Great character, ace moveset, nice shaders, good degree of visual difference across gear... Yep, all three of the first wave of additional characters are fantastic additions. In many ways, I wish the trio had been featured as standard rather than a few of owe that did, but NRS are the only game developers I will preorder/season pass all content for sight unseen. For good reason.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Online matches are currently divided into two categories, player matches and Ranked Matches. Ranked match is just one match (Bo1) and you don't get the option to rematch even. In player matches you do get the option to rematch but both parties have to agree to gear being turned off else it's just gonna be a shit experience for whoever has the lower level gear.

With the new change, this is what will happen.

Online matches will be divided into three categories, Ranked matches, competitive player matches and gear player matches. Ranked matches will now consist of a minimum of 3 matches (if one players wins 3) or a maximum of 5 matches (if both win 2 leading to a final game) essentially turning it into a Best of 5. This means that you have to play a minimum of 3 matches against an opponent and win for that to register on your win/loss count. Competitive player matches will be player matches where you can rematch infinitely but gear is turned off by default with no option to turn it on. Gear matches will be just like the current player matches where you play with gear.

It's great because it turns ranked match into more of a competitive environment where you can't spam stuff or cheese your way to victory anymore as your opponent now has more matches to make comebacks and adapt, leading to a more skill-based and competitive setting. The competitive player match option is also great since now you can play online even against the same person as much as you want with no pressure and no worries of gear being a factor.

Sounds good to me! Nice one!

patchday

Dang cant wait to get home to work on unlocking her 'story ending' in the tower first thing. Will also finally probably buy a ton of motherboxes to see if I can some epics for her

Will do some labs and aim to get her into decent shape for competitive

delSai

I believe Starfires multiverse is available now too.

You can try her there if you dont own the Deluxe or Ultimate edition.

Top Bottom