• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

DrBo42

What exactly is the point of the block combo breaker? You have to successfully block to execute it, no? Used as what, to knock someone off balance and counter? Just doesn't look all that great to me at first glance. Clash, roll and air escape I get.

What exactly is the point of the block combo breaker? You have to successfully block to execute it, no? Used as what, to knock someone off balance and counter? Just doesn't look all that great to me at first glance. Clash, roll and air escape I get.

Using pushblock can get rid of some character's traits.

Is Poison Ivy pressuring you with her trait+blockstrings? If she has her trait out, and you pushblock her, her trait deactivates and goes on cooldown.

Wallach

It's mainly for forcing someone out from close range. Some characters can apply deadly, very hard to escape pressure in the corner if they can stay at point blank and continuously use positive strings with high/low guesses where you are scared to push a button. So using that can not just interrupt a string but push them out farther where they are forced to close that small gap again, giving you a better chance to react.

DrBo42

Using pushblock can get rid of some character's traits.

Is Poison Ivy pressuring you with her trait+blockstrings? If she has her trait out, and you pushblock her, her trait deactivates and goes on cooldown.

It's mainly for forcing someone out from close range. Some characters can apply deadly, very hard to escape pressure in the corner if they can stay at point blank and continuously use positive strings with high/low guesses where you are scared to push a button. So using that can not just interrupt a string but push them out farther where they are forced to close that small gap again, giving you a better chance to react.
Interesting, thanks. Guess I need to understand the potential use against pressure bit more.

Just posting to confirm both GAFs House of Ls and GAFs House of Ls 2 are full. Salty Rice is managing GAFs House of Ls 3. I'm still receiving many PMs regarding the guilds, but I can't approve you.

The details are as follows:

Name: GAFs House of Ls 3

ID: 1TPS1

Send a request to the ID ingame with addition of your GAF username.

Once I'm home from work I'll change the status of the first two guilds to closed, so that no more requests can be submitted.

arimanius

Yup.

Name: GAFs House of Ls 3

ID: 1TPS1

Send a request to the ID ingame with addition of your GAF username.

Did the last requests for today before going to bed.

Still have Proteus4, Razgriz_Three and Isleninja pending.

They have no message and didnt send me a PM here on Gaf or couldnt see here in the thread.

If you want to be added to the Guild either write here in the thread, PM me or resend the request with your Gaf name.

Sweet requested membership into the guild. PSN name is the same as here.

Anyone else getting really loud fight music playing during cutscenes randomly? I can hear the other music underneath and it's definitely during quieter moments where music like that shouldn't be playing. Really lame if this is a bug. Has happened twice in the past hour

Khezu

Deadshot realistically is very overtuned for 99% of this games audience.

You can crouch walk to get past his zoning.

But all the casual who bought this game did not buy it to spend most of their time crouch walking past bullets.

And even if you get past his gun shot, he has decent normals to send you back full screen, and he has the MB low rifle that has insane chip and pushback.

He gains way to much meter from his high gunshot that lets him unload on people.

Just look at Aris's stream, dude is a great fighting game player, but he barely even practiced Deadshot, doesn't know how to do half of the games mechanics, and is destroying low level players with ease.

It only takes about 10 minutes to figure out how to play Deadshot at a decent enough level to frustrate low level players.

I'm not saying Deadshot should be nerfed, I'm just saying don't expect this game to have a thriving online community past the next few months.

Anyone else getting really loud fight music playing during cutscenes randomly? I can hear the other music underneath and it's definitely during quieter moments where music like that shouldn't be playing. Really lame if this is a bug. Has happened twice in the past hour

Are you referring to the chapter
wherein you play as either Blue Beetle or Firestorm?
I noticed the background music seemed to be abnormally loud during that chapter's cutscenes.

How is that any different to someone spending meter on a special move that could counter the opponent? Yes chip damage can be a bitch but duck, roll, parry, clash, teleport, counter pick, pushblock, etc. There are a million ways to deal with zoners and usually as the games go on zoners start getting Merc'd. Someone zones in this game and it's dildos but when Daigo (a decade ago Daigo) throws hadoukens from full screen for 30 seconds straight it's "HYPE", same goes for Chris G (who plays NRS games and plays them quite well I must add) when he's Dual Morrigan Soul Fisting fools every time he gets a bar. People got around that, too eventually didn't they?

I actually didn't bring up Daigo or ChrisG - I hate that sorta lame style of play in their respective games as well. You didn't see me come in here & defend them. At least in other games, zoning seems well thought out and manageable though. It is far too effective here.

On the plus side, i'm sure they will change it eventually. I'll give it another shot when they do.

Deadshot realistically is very overtuned for 99% of this games audience.

You can crouch walk to get past his zoning.

But all the casual who bought this game did not buy it to spend most of their time crouch walking past bullets.

And even if you get past his gun shot, he has decent normals to send you back full screen, and he has the MB low rifle that has insane chip and pushback.

He gains way to much meter from his high gunshot that lets him unload on people.

Just look at Aris's stream, dude is a great fighting game player, but he barely even practiced Deadshot, doesn't know how to do half of the games mechanics, and is destroying low level players with ease.

It only takes about 10 minutes to figure out how to play Deadshot at a decent enough level to frustrate low level players.

I'm not saying Deadshot should be nerfed, I'm just saying don't expect this game to have a thriving online community past the next few months.

Deadshot plays like Deathstroke, who Aris used a lot in Injustice

What we need is for someone to make a video breaking down Deadshot's abilities, and the various ways around it. Like a person with decent exposure lol. Would love to be the intrepid person to do it and what most characters can do against it but between the no real recording equipment and little free time this week I can't.

But I agree with Khezu, Deadshot is too much for the casual player who blasted through the tutorial if at all, and probably is more content with just doing whatever.

It is the same in any fighting game though, there is always that one character that rolls causal players, even more so in a game that has a large pool of people who do not play fighters regularly. Once the usual first few week people move on it will settle out. Actually now that I think about it... is the whole duck without blocking to evade projectiles thing in this one like in Mortal Kombat X?

Are you referring to the chapter
wherein you play as either Blue Beetle or Firestorm?
I noticed the background music seemed to be abnormally loud during that chapter's cutscenes.

No it was twice during
Supergirls chapter
. Quit to main menu both times and after watching again the music was gone.

Khezu

Deadshot plays like Deathstroke, who Aris used a lot in Injustice

Aris was just an example.

Deadshots zoning takes about 10 minutes learn.

It might take longer to master him as whole, but his very basic zoning game is simple enough and powerful enough to deal with low level players with very little effort.

DrBo42

Yeah. Thought it was a bug too. Seemingly was confirmed when I heard loud stage/fight music with Superman's theme played on top of it during a moment.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What we need is for someone to make a video breaking down Deadshot's abilities, and the various ways around it. Like a person with decent exposure lol. Would love to be the intrepid person to do it and what most characters can do against it but between the no real recording equipment and little free time this week I can't.

But I agree with Khezu, Deadshot is too much for the casual player who blasted through the tutorial if at all, and probably is more content with just doing whatever.

It is the same in any fighting game though, there is always that one character that rolls causal players, even more so in a game that has a large pool of people who do not play fighters regularly. Once the usual first few week people move on it will settle out. Actually now that I think about it... is the whole duck without blocking to evade projectiles thing in this one like in Mortal Kombat X?

In this just holding down is also blocking.

my answers
Its a fighting game and not magical. If you havent played since 2011 then...
Next answer its got a metric shitton of unlockables
Prepare to get smoked when you jump online. We all have that for a bit
Not playing Injustice isn't horrid but you might want to watch the crib note videos
This is a great game for a relative newcomer to the fighting genre. You can enjoy the game without even opening the Online menu.

Injustice 2 has a wealth of single player content, including a cinematic Story mode, Multiverse (an ever changing collection of challenges that have their own objectives, fight conditions and rewards, that are updated in real time), Arcade and Survival modes. The addition of Guilds also grant access to further online-based PVE challenges and events. These have their own rewards.

There are adequate training modes and tutorials. Each character has their own tutorial that helps you learn to execute their special moves. These will help prepare you for the Online modes.

The addition of gear and character customisation gives you something visual to work towards, or unlock, whether it be a new shader, or a Premier Skin. You are rewarded with gear every couple of matches, regardless of whether you win or lose.

The story might be lost on you because you didn't play the first game, but it's still engaging and worth experiencing.
Thanks, decided to pick it up

Looking forward to the campaign. I tend to view fighting game campaigns not as just fights against the AI, but like a 1v1 character action. The kind of combo depth you'd see in a DMC and Darksiders, against a single enemy with a moveset as varied as your's

Skilletor

Aris was just an example.

Deadshots zoning takes about 10 minutes learn.

It might take longer to master him as whole, but his very basic zoning game is simple enough and powerful enough to deal with low level players with very little effort.

People that don't want to learn how to play are going to lose to any low level, effective strat, in any game.

Xeteh

Looking forward to the campaign. I tend to view fighting game campaigns not as just fights against the AI, but like a 1v1 character action. The kind of combo depth you'd see in a DMC and Darksiders, against a single enemy with a moveset as varied as your's

Then you should really dig the game. The Multiverse stuff is a lot of fun and the collectable gear stuff is a lot of fun.

I'm glad you decided to buy it. Based on this statement, you'll definitely enjoy Multiverse mode. The gear rewards are just the icing on the cake. I stuck with Multiverse mode after completing the tutorials for a ridiculous amount of time; It's that enjoyable.

Khezu

People that don't want to learn how to play are going to lose to any low level, effective strat, in any game.

Absolutely, but usually those low level players will whine and complain and then just search for a new match and hope find someone as low level as them so they can try and win a match.

NRS zoning though seems to be a special kind of frustration for casuals.
When they are new or low level and they fight someone who they perceive is "spamming" one single move over and over again from across the screen and they don't know how to deal with it, they don't rematch, they return the game to gamespot.

Obviously nobody else read Alan Moore's ST run or they'd be hype to pick him

I love Swamp Thing. I honestly haven't read Alan Moore's run; my love stems from what Snyder and especially Soule did with the character. Swamp Thing was one of New 52's greatest treasures. I'll read Moore's acclaimed run at some point; it's definitely on my radar.

Skilletor

Absolutely, but usually those low level players will whine and complain and then just search for a new match and hope find someone as low level as them so they can try and win a match.

NRS zoning though seems to be a special kind of frustration for casuals.
When they are new or low level and they fight someone who they perceive is "spamming" one single move over and over again from across the screen and they don't know how to deal with it, they don't rematch, they return the game to gamespot.

I guess, but I think it's silly to try and balance the game around what people who don't want to learn find fun. Especially after so many people have repeated that competitive play and online is insignificant and the most important thing for casuals is tons of single player content.

tragic

Developer
Hi all. Probably missed this, but is there a list of gear abilities anywhere? And/or information to get the ones you want?

Hi all. Probably missed this, but is there a list of gear abilities anywhere? And/or information to get the ones you want?

Outside of the drops/Mother Boxes, you also receive an ability when a character reaches Level 10 and Level 20.

These are from the Beta (it's possible there have been changes):

ATROCITUS

- Pillar of Blood (cost 1 slot)
Summons forth a pillar of blood and rage. Meter burning adds a second blast (launcher).

- Blood Push (cost 2 slots, credit to pock3tmonstr)
A powerful shot of pure rage blasts the opponent back. Meter Burning increases range and power.

Replaces Napalm Vomit.
Requires both Ability Slots.

- Regurgitate Rage (cost 1 slot, credit to ArgyleReptile)
Dex-Starr rushes forward and vomits rage, causing damage over time.

Replaces Dex-Starr's Blood Ball.

- Siphon Power (cost 1 slot, credit to ArgyleReptile)
Atrocitus drains the power from his opponent, depleting their Super Meter.

Replaces Life Drain

BATMAN *credit to Pan1cMode from TYM*

- Advanced Parry (cost 1 slot)
Allows cape counter/cape parry to be MB

- Bat strike (cost 2 slots)
Replaces Character trait. Summons mechanical Wayne Tech bats that attach to the opponent and explode.

- Boomerang Belt (cost 1 slot)
Replaces MB up batarang. The MB Up batarang now returns to strike an opponent in the back instead of exploding.

- Taser-rangs (cost 2 slot)
Replaces MB baatarangs. All MB batarangs explode in a burst of electricity, stunning the opponents

- Dual Batarangs (cost 1 slot)
Replaces Batarang. Batman flings two batarangs straight ahead.

- Air-to-air Batarangs (cost 1 slot)
Replaces Scatter Bombs. Batman flings a single batarang ahead while airborne.

- Air-to-Ground Batarangs (cost 1 slot)
Replaces Scatter Bombs. Batman flings a single batarang downward at an angle while airborne.

- Evading Bat (cost 1 slot)
Batman rolls backwards from a wakeup and attacks with an evasive manoeuvre

- Cape Parry (cost 1 slot)
Replaces cape counter. Gives batman multi-hitting cape parry (like Injustice 1)

BLACK CANARY

- Body Bounce (cost 1 slot, credit to Ryce)
Meter Burning the Hard Lock attack now bounces the opponent for a combo.

- Air Canary Cry (cost 1 slot, credit to Felix)
Black Canary can use her Canary Cry while airborne.

- Rising Kick (cost 1 slot, credit to Felix)
Gain a vertical kick. Meter Burning follows up with a second airborne kick that launches the opponent up in the air for a combo.

- Sonic Burst (cost 2 Slots, credit to ArgyleReptile)
Black Canary lobs a Sonic Grenade that disables her opponent for a short time.

Replaces Canary Cry

- Clutch Crush (cost 2 slots, credit to 2n2)
Grants Black Canary a powerful command grab in addition to her Canary Cry

BLUE BEETLE

- Mandible Flurry (cost 1 slot)
Blue Beetle extends his back claws and spins, striking twice. MB adds additional launching hit.

- Aculeus Strike (cost 1 slot)
Back claws attack rapidly in a flurry of 5 strikes.

- Crawling Burst (cost 2 slots)
Replaces energy cannon, launches a slow moving projectile and MB increases size and damage. (Editor's note: this move is straight dildos).

SUPERGIRL

- Suncharge (cost 1 slot/disables lasers)
Grants the ability to charge her body with power, reducing damage taken from attacks.

- Kryptonian Grinder (cost 1 slot, credit to Felix)
The Kryptonian Force Meter Burn is replaced with a grab that grinds the victim a great distance across the ground. (Replaces Kryptonian Force Meter Burn)

- Speeding Bullet (cost 1 slot, credit to ArgyleReptile)
Supergirl flies straight ahead while airborne, delivering a powerful punch.

- Earthshatter (cost 1 Slot, credit to ArgyleReptile)

Replaces the limited flight of the Sun Strike Meter Burn with a powerful ground pound attack.

SUPERMAN

- Air Heat Zap (cost 1 slot)
Superman gains a straight, focused blast of heat vision while airborne.

- Empowered Heat Zap (cost 1 slot)
Superman's Heat Zap can now be MB to increase damage and size.

- Krypton Charge (cost 1 slot, credit to Slaythe)
With extreme speed, Superman delivers a powerful flying attack.

- Ground Tremor (cost 1 slot, replaces air flying smash, credit to Slaythe)
Superman smashes the ground with his fist, creating a shockwave of damage. Meterburning adds an additional strike.

- Meteor Drop (cost 2 slots, replaces Supermove, credit to Ryce)
Superman flies into orbit, grabs a meteor, and smashes it onto the head of the opponent, triggering his Supermove.

Khezu

I guess, but I think it's silly to try and balance the game around what people who don't want to learn find fun. Especially after so many people have repeated that competitive play and online is insignificant and the most important thing for casuals is tons of single player content.

I would agree if this was Mortal Kombat.

But Injustice was made simpler because it's target audience is DC fans who want to play as their favorite characters against friends and online.

It is a simpler game then MK, with simpler characters and easier execution.

Deadshot would fit in and be ok in an MK game, but for this, it just seems to go against the games very nature.

Gambit61

I'm definitely maining Swamp Thing, just havent been able to play much thanks to work and that damn HotS/Overwatch event grind.

NMFried

Yeah.
Damian killing Zsasz feels like a joke compared to the brawl in the Asylum and what happens down there in the comics.

The fact that they actually went back in time just to show that is even more laughable.

So... how are they going to explain where
Dick Grayson is? I was hoping we'd get Deadman playable but with him instead of Boston.

I'm only a couple hours in, so not sure if it even is explained.

Skilletor

I would agree if this was Mortal Kombat.

But Injustice was made simpler because it's target audience is DC fans who want to play as their favorite characters against friends and online.

It is a simpler game then MK, with simpler characters and easier execution.

Deadshot would fit in and be ok in an MK game, but for this, it just seems to go against the games very nature.

That's not the narrative that NRS fans have created.

And I'll never agree that game balance should be dictated by people who don't even care about learning how to play.

But maybe NRS will patch lol.

Sheroking

The thing that makes NRS games the hardest, IMO, is how nothing is visually clear.

What's a reversal? What's a wake-up attack? What has armor? There's a reason Street Fighter has distinctive DPs, armor animations, EX animations, etc. Even the Meterburn effect comes in so late it's basically not reactable.

The only way to know is to experience it a lot. Other games it's pretty clear from first sight.

Khezu

That's not the narrative that NRS fans have created.

And I'll never agree that game balance should be dictated by people who don't even care about learning how to play.

But maybe NRS will patch lol.

Don't listen to NRS fans were notoriously crazy, whiny, and have a victim complex.

For the record I'm not arguing to nerf him, It's like day 2, I don't have a very solid opinion on him myself.

I'm just saying this because I'm confused why they would put a character like this after what happened with Deathstroke in I1.

We know he is going to get nerfed, it's as clear as day with NRS, so why go through with this whole song and dance if all it's going to do is lead to pissed of people.
The people against early patching, the Deadshot mains, the casuals who have to fight Deadshot.

I don't get it is all I'm saying.

Top Bottom