• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Sheroking

Which is a problem. Every time NRS fixes something, 2 things break. I think it's almost a requirement with them.

It'll get better over time, but that's usually with balance patches. Zoning is really, really strong I this one. The maps are too wide.

I don't think it's about the levels being too large as much as the chip damage being too high, and not enough meter being gained on block. The meter-burn dash is a terrific mechanic for those match-ups, but it might as well not be in the game because it's hard to get the meter.

They can fix this with a small patch which changes no character.

Mkx got played competitively until IJ2 dropped. That respectable imo. People just like shitting on the NRS scene.

When MKX came out, it was the biggest competitive FG for like two months. Massive stream numbers and good tournament numbers, to the point where Combobreaker had it over Street Fighter IV as the main game.

In terms of the competitive scene and online population, no fighting game is as successful early and falls off harder than NRS fighting games.

I hope this is something that is addressed this time. Fewer patches, less breaking the game would be a good start.

Slaythe

Agreed with Clash. I think it's always been a headscratcher, and has never added any deeper layer of strategy to the gameplay. I could go either way with interactables. They seem pretty inoffensive.

Certainly not, the clashes are pretty cool.

Plus the way to use it to get out of resets and/or save your meter does have strategy. It's your "get out of combo card", that many games have. You can only do it once per match so I really don't see the problem.

Especially when they look awesome like they do in I2.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
People are complaining about Deadshot, but if you use a portion of the super meter while rolling towards him and keep applying pressure, he's not difficult to deal with.

Compbros

Pretty much how I feel except I haven't buy the game. NRS didn't learn anything from Deathstroke and Jacqui from MKX

Or people need to be given time to learn how to overcome. The first MKX local tournament (4 days after release) had a guy get 4th place by doing a bunch of Jacqui gunshots. He lost to players that knew how to overcome it.

it's alright. just applied to GAF 3

maybe after a month folks will become inactive and we can all combine into 1

hoping tho they increase guild size

I'll be monitoring activity in the first two Guilds, as people will move on. I'm not sure that it'll be so drastic that we'll be able to combine into one Guild though.

I don't think it's about the levels being too large as much as the chip damage being too high, and not enough meter being gained on block. The meter-burn dash is a terrific mechanic for those match-ups, but it might as well not be in the game because it's hard to get the meter.

They can fix this with a small patch which changes no character.

When MKX came out, it was the biggest competitive FG for like two months. Massive stream numbers and good tournament numbers, to the point where Combobreaker had it over Street Fighter IV as the main game.

In terms of the competitive scene and online population, no fighting game is as successful early and falls off harder than NRS fighting games.

I hope this is something that is addressed this time. Fewer patches, less breaking the game would be a good start.

I'm sure the promise of DLC characters is going to help keep people interested in the game. If the characters are spaced far enough apart and delivered in combination with expansions to the gear and shaders available in game, then IJ2 has the potential for a much healthier life span. I'm expecting a new character every 4 to 6 weeks, with a possible second season pass announced for the game's second year of retail.

Alchemist

Or people need to be given time to learn how to overcome. The first MKX local tournament (4 days after release) had a guy get 4th place by doing a bunch of Jacqui gunshots. He lost to players that knew how to overcome it.

Have you seen the chip damage in Injustice 2? Not only is it too much, but the person throwing projectiles gains meter. Ducking for most the match trying to find an opening while getting chipped to death isn't fun to play or watch.

I think it's important to remember that the game has just launched. We don't know how the meta game is going to evolve over time. Given more time, people will better learn the mechanics and develop strategies and combos for characters to overcome their shortfalls. There are also obviously going to be on-going balance patches as bugs and major imbalances come to light.

Compbros

All games attract non-that-game players when it first comes out: Tekken, KoF, anime fighters, so on. MK is just the biggest name amongst the "not named Street Fighter" fighters. But most non-that-game players fall out of favor quickly and go back to their games. NRS games are usually around the 100s of entrants for majors, you can take that as the NRS competitive scene. What gets lost is the 2-300 people that go back to their game in the coming months. In the Michigan Fighting Game Community the first monthly for MKX had about 30 entrants, for the next monthly it about about low 20s, after that it was around 13-18 for the next year or so as people went back to their games.

Fewer patches would not help because some things are dumb and need patching. A;sp no non-Capcom fighter can survive questionable balance for long. Deadshot is managable as is Dr. Fate but not-that-game players are already calling for patches which will lead to NRS addressing it which will lead to "lawl NRS patches". If people would adapt there would be no need because there's nothing busted about the game yet but people already have their pitchforks out.

Give it time. People WILL get around it. I will concede that not every character has a decent ability to overcome it, but most do and if not counter pick. Also, people seem to be completely forgetting the EX roll mechanic.

Not a fan of having to spend 1 bar just to get around something so prevalent & dominant. I might just resign myself to watching SonicFox win every major, finish the story mode, and washing my hands of this.

Compbros

Have you seen the chip damage in Injustice 2? Not only is it too much, but the person throwing projectiles gains meter. Ducking for most the match trying to find an opening while getting chipped to death isn't fun to play or watch.

I've played against the chip damage in Injustice 2, Deadshot no less, I see the meter gain. But Deadshot's biggest projectile, MB rifle, doesn't gain meter with each hit and his multi gun shots is duckable. I beat Vman, one of our top local NRS players, who mains Deadshot right now, with Black Canary who every says can get zoned out hard. There are ways to get around Deadshot and once you're in he's got trash wakeup options.

Compbros

SonicFox will not win Combo Breaker with Deadshot, he will need his Adam or Captain Cold because people will blow up that zoning.

not really sure why brainiacs regular move in the story does more damage than his special move

what

NRS always powers up their final bosses. Play arcade mode with Superman and see the difference when you fight Regime Supes.

sinkfla87

Not a fan of having to spend 1 bar just to get around something so prevalent & dominant. I might just resign myself to watching SonicFox win every major, finish the story mode, and washing my hands of this.

How is that any different to someone spending meter on a special move that could counter the opponent? Yes chip damage can be a bitch but duck, roll, parry, clash, teleport, counter pick, pushblock, etc. There are a million ways to deal with zoners and usually as the games go on zoners start getting Merc'd. Someone zones in this game and it's dildos but when Daigo (a decade ago Daigo) throws hadoukens from full screen for 30 seconds straight it's "HYPE", same goes for Chris G (who plays NRS games and plays them quite well I must add) when he's Dual Morrigan Soul Fisting fools every time he gets a bar. People got around that, too eventually didn't they?

patchday

Pretty much how I feel except I haven't buy the game. NRS didn't learn anything from Deathstroke and Jacqui from MKX

i thought good players got around zoning? I know I watch good players like JWong and he definitely never had that issue lol

I consider myself way below avg and that didnt work on me. Maybe I am better then I thought or I got crazy lucky

So the game says I have 18 Quintillion and half dollars. But I can't use any of it.
Probably a bug.

f04h223qb4yy.jpg

I don't get this logic at all.

The game gives you, A TON of meter for getting hit and hitting and blocking. If burning one bar to give yourself an option isn't something you like, what are you using the meter for exactly.

If your just trying to do supers sure, but the game has so many options for using the meter for a reason. They either get you out of stuff, get you in, or enhance a move. Using your resources is the whole point of meter in fighting games.

What game was it, starcraft 2 maybe? If your rich, your losing is what I saw a lot of people saying lol. Its the same thing. It's fine to blow someone up with a super, but I'd rather blow them up in general than betting it all on one attack.

Zoning is strong in these games, it is, we know it, they know it. But they have soooo many options out of it now. If people are like "omg im getting hit to death from across the screen" take a second to think about why its working against you. What are you doing wrong that is letting this person beat you like that.

I freaking lost to a Harley Quinn just pressing back + X twice, then gunshots and doing it again and again. Rematched, and ripped her apart because I realized "oh hey thats right Red Lantern has the blood tornado, I can bring her to me, meter burn, and take 46% off her with a combo, rinse and repeat cause this person does not know how to stop it, just like I did not know how to stop them at first. Just saying you gotta try and just say "that looks impossible so I give up"

Guarantee there won't be day 1 Deadshot once people start using the actual game mechanics.

Alchemist

i thought good players got around zoning? I know I watch good players like JWong and he definitely never had that issue lol

I consider myself way below avg and that didnt work on me. Maybe I am better then I thought or I got crazy lucky

The zoning wouldn't be as much of a problem if the chip damage wasn't so high with little to no punish.

Is there any room left in the PS4 Guild?

Yup.

Name: GAFs House of Ls 3

ID: 1TPS1

Send a request to the ID ingame with addition of your GAF username.

Did the last requests for today before going to bed.

Still have Proteus4, Razgriz_Three and Isleninja pending.

They have no message and didnt send me a PM here on Gaf or couldnt see here in the thread.

If you want to be added to the Guild either write here in the thread, PM me or resend the request with your Gaf name.

patchday

The zoning wouldn't be as much of a problem if the chip damage wasn't so high with little to no punish.

I thought characters like Jacki were newbie punishers. I know JWong got a popular video where he tortures some poor lil kid just spamming Jacki's missles.

Idk I wasnt a super huge MKX player though. All I used to do was KOTH here & there plus I usually always play a ranged character

Rarius

I adore that they have to make up excuses as to how to fight the Flash. Or just forgo it and say "Yeah Deadshot can shoot him in the leg in a cutscene despite the fact that the flash can perceive things at the speed of light."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's a good thing Snyder already ruined Superman in the mainstream because if he didnt then NRS would probably take the cake for completely butchering the character just so they could write their completely creative bankrupt fanfiction of 'der what is supaman is evil and batman is cool and sexy and always right'

nice production values in the game though but I was hoping by IJ2 we would have turned off this deviantart level 'storyline'

Lol no, he's right. Zoning is so damn powerful in these games.

It's so powerful he didn't even buy it.

I wouldn't say that I'm a great player, average at best, as I've just never had the time to dedicate myself to a fighting game and properly learn the mechanics. However, I've encountered a few Zoners in ranked matches and punished them appropriately.

Yup.

Name: GAFs House of Ls 3

ID: 1TPS1

Send a request to the ID ingame with addition of your GAF username.

Did the last requests for today before going to bed.

Still have Proteus4, Razgriz_Three and Isleninja pending.

They have no message and didnt send me a PM here on Gaf or couldnt see here in the thread.

If you want to be added to the Guild either write here in the thread, PM me or resend the request with your Gaf name.

Proteus has posted a few times in this thread about the Guild. I can vouch for him.

Razgriz is a Gaffer too.

Are you guys getting that many random requests from outside GAF that you need to screen them so thoroughly?

I had about a dozen non-GAF members send requests, plus a few lurkers, for each of the first two guilds. I don't think PMs are needed if people are including their GAF names in their requests to join.

wamberz1

Earlyish story spoilers -
"Well, like a good friend once told me... screw fate."
YEAAAAAAAAAAH
So happy they remembered that from the comics.

Skilletor

Game is locking up or something's after I complete a character tutorial. Says press x for reward, but nothing registers. I have to exit the game and start again. It's done it three times.

Sigh.

Xevren

If you're in guild 1 I'm going to be trying to cap out the boss diamond guild boxes tonight, got her down a few times already.

If you're in guild 1 I'm going to be trying to cap out the boss diamond guild boxes tonight, got her down a few times already.

Nice job man. Do you have a Level 20 character? I've been using Darkseid and spamming Omega Beams, but he's only Level 7, so my efforts haven't had the same success. :3

Top Bottom