• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

cordy

Banned
How's this game on Pro? Thinking about getting a 4K tv and a Pro within these next few weeks. I've been using the same 1080P that I got in like 2008 tbh. Time for ya boi to upgrade. I'll pick this up when I get it.

How's this game on Pro? Thinking about getting a 4K tv and a Pro within these next few weeks. I've been using the same 1080P that I got in like 2008 tbh. Time for ya boi to upgrade. I'll pick this up when I get it.

beautiful. playing on a pro with a 1080p display and performance is top notch and looks amazing.

Sheroking

I think I've hit a point where I understand why I'm so turned off by a lot of NRS' decisions and how to power through them.

Next time, though? Drop clash and interactables entirely please. At least in MP. Those are just dumb.

I think I've hit a point where I understand why I'm so turned off by a lot of NRS' decisions and how to power through them.

Next time, though? Drop clash and interactables entirely please. At least in MP. Those are just dumb.

No thanks. You can already turn off environmental interactions pre-match. There's no need to remove either completely, or force their exclusion from multiplayer.

Jocund

Did anyone else's progress get partially wiped? My Wonder Woman was level 12 last night, now she's five. I've also lost half of my regen tokens and source crystals. The fuck?

Did anyone else's progress get partially wiped? My Wonder Woman was level 12 last night, now she's five. I've also lost half of my regen tokens and source crystals. The fuck?

Did you experience issues connecting to the server at all? I started the game up briefly this morning to approve a few Guild applications and initially received a server error. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Jocund

Did you experience issues connecting to the server at all? I started the game up briefly this morning to approve a few Guild applications and initially received a server error. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Yeah, I get those after I boot the game up from rest mode. I restarted the application and everything's showing up okay.

Was about to be pretty upset, haha. Especially about those source crystals.

patchday

https://youtu.be/xA5O8FwtbAo
Did not know the guilds featured co-op 3 vs 1 boss fights. Such a great feature that I can't recall them ever bringing up once. Guaranteed diamond box for every completion too.
I kind of hope they expand on this more, make it a more regular mode. Great way to play with some friends to break up the monotony of standard pvp stuff.

didnt know there was a 3v1 mode

Based on the current description, you only need ten ranked matches to unlock it. Given there have been similar trophies in MKX and INJ1 that required ten wins in a row, it's possible the description is wrong.

I got it on my tenth win, definitely wasn't in a row. Strange that it didn't pop for you.

DR2K

Banned
This game is so unbalanced.

It's not even the fun kind. Some match ups you literally have to crouch walk 99% of the time

ScribbleD

Agreed with Clash. I think it's always been a headscratcher, and has never added any deeper layer of strategy to the gameplay. I could go either way with interactables. They seem pretty inoffensive.

Kashiwaba

I want to buy this game​, I'm really tempted to, but the 130 cad price tag seems too much for it, i can get two games for that much money, so any idea how much it would cost if i want to get each character individually? And if there is a way to unlock them using in game currency like SFV?

I want to buy this game​, I'm really tempted to, but the 130 cad price tag seems too much for it, i can get two games for that much money, so any idea how much it would cost if i want to get each character individually? And if there is a way to unlock them using in game currency like SFV?

Darkseid is $6 USD. I'm guessing the upcoming DLC characters are going to be the same price. There's no announced method of obtaining them in game, so I'd not count on DLC characters being available to purchase via Source Crystals.

Jocund

Going by Darkseid, characters will go for $6 USD. You can't unlock characters with ingame currency but you can purchase premiere skins and shaders.

bubumiao

Can I unlock Brainiac if I play through story mode on easy?

What are your HDR settings on your TV (if using KS8000) and the brightness within the game's video settings screen (HDR 10)?

Compbros

It's the same NRS junk. It won't change from day 1 or year 1, usually when the game dies.

MKX got really balanced with the post KP2 patch and the games last more than a year, I dunno where this stigma comes from. You're gonna have contraction, sure, all games do, but contraction doesn't mean death.

I think it's awfully premature to be calling the death of the game's community already.

I recall reading that NRS games tend to be abandoned by the competitive community fairly quickly, but I'm not sure of the accuracy of that statement as I've never followed competitive Mortal Kombat or Injustice much

sinkfla87

I think it's awfully premature to be calling the death of the game's community already.

I knew it was bait but I commented anyway lol. The "same way every NRS game dies" comment is not one someone who is actually interested in the game would make.

If you wanna clean up the shitpost DR, I'll sell you this for 6,000 source crystals!
small%20toilet%20roll%20tissue%20paper.jpg

Playing the game & watching streams most of the day. Gotta admit - lots of the gameplay is just lost on me. Seeing how dominant zoning in this game's high-level meta right now is boring me to tears. I'm honestly having a ton of buyers remorse.

Zetta

I love the AI matches specially with the 4x speed lol. This game is going to be played for quiet some time, going to go for the platinum and I'm already 70% done.

Zoners are dominating right now because there are so many players new to the genre, or at least unfamiliar with the mechanics of the genre, who don't know how to overcome them.

Compbros

I recall reading that NRS games tend to be abandoned by the competitive community fairly quickly, but I'm not sure of the accuracy of that statement as I've never followed competitive Mortal Kombat or Injustice much

It's mostly stream monsters and people that generally just don't like NRS games.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Mkx got played competitively until IJ2 dropped. That respectable imo. People just like shitting on the NRS scene.

sinkfla87

Playing the game & watching streams most of the day. Gotta admit - lots of the gameplay is just lost on me. Seeing how dominant zoning in this game's high-level meta right now is boring me to tears. I'm honestly having a ton of buyers remorse.

Give it time. People WILL get around it. I will concede that not every character has a decent ability to overcome it, but most do and if not counter pick. Also, people seem to be completely forgetting the EX roll mechanic.

Vic_Viper

Game is alot more fun that I thought lol. Wasnt the biggest fan of the first since im not a big Mortal Kombat player to being with, but this one has been alot better imo.

Just got the Zur-En-Arrh batman and Godfall Superman color scheme! I hope there are more character skins other than the like 4 or 5 shown in the character customization menu. Would really like to see Dick Grayson and Arrow costumes for Black Canary and Green Arrow.

I thought they got Kate Cassidy to do Black Canary's VO?

DR2K

Banned
Really? Because I thought everyone complained about there being too many and too frequent balance patches? :p

Which is a problem. Every time NRS fixes something, 2 things break. I think it's almost a requirement with them.

Zoners are dominating right now because there are so many players new to the genre, or at least unfamiliar with the mechanics of the genre, who don't know how to overcome them.

It'll get better over time, but that's usually with balance patches. Zoning is really, really strong I this one. The maps are too wide.

I knew it was bait but I commented anyway lol. The "same way every NRS game dies" comment is not one someone who is actually interested in the game would make.

If you wanna clean up the shitpost DR, I'll sell you this for 6,000 source crystals!

NRS game don't have long shelf lives. That's being as objective as humanly possible. I'm sorry if it's something you don't want to hear.

6,000 Source Crystals? That's a steal! :3

Grisby

Finished the story mode. That was some fun stuff, although they didn't stick the landing.

Game should have ended with
Kara beating the crap out of Brainiac since he was the one that blew up her home
. Also, I wish some of the other characters like Swamp Thing were used more or maybe the sp should have been a bit longer.

Still, no one makes sp fighting games like NR.
Wonder Woman here is downright
Evil o_O
Yeah, I get what angle they were going with for her but I don't think it worked. She just comes off as really unlikable.
I think the thing that's not working for me is how combo intensive the game is. Individual hits do very little damage, so I find I'm being forced to go for fairly elaborate combos if I want to get anywhere
Yeah, I was thinking about getting serious with this since I mostly just used the uppercut move to get through the story modes in other NR games. I'm a fighting game casual to the extreme (although I did get somewhat good with Mila in DOA5 and Hisako in KI).

Seems like you have to put them in really fast.

patchday

The third Guild is up now. I haven't had a chance to close applications to the second Guild. Sorry I wasn't able to approve your request to join the second.

it's alright. just applied to GAF 3

maybe after a month folks will become inactive and we can all combine into 1

hoping tho they increase guild size

Give it time. People WILL get around it. I will concede that not every character has a decent ability to overcome it, but most do and if not counter pick. Also, people seem to be completely forgetting the EX roll mechanic.

This. Counter picks are important as some characters don't have the means to overcome every tactic.

Alchemist

Pretty much how I feel except I haven't buy the game. NRS didn't learn anything from Deathstroke and Jacqui from MKX

Top Bottom