• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Potentially dumb question but what exactly determines the level of gear you get from boxes? Is it based on your profile level, character level or a combination of the two?

Lebneney

Banned
How's the performance on a regular PS4? I was considering getting it, but I'm not sure the value proposition is there. If I were to get it, which edition do you all think I should get. Just a preface, I probably play about 2 hours of video games per week.

Slaythe

How's the performance on a regular PS4? I was considering getting it, but I'm not sure the value proposition is there. If I were to get it, which edition do you all think I should get. Just a preface, I probably play about 2 hours of video games per week.

Get the standard edition. The ultimate edition is designed around future content that you can buy individually anyway, and will be released in several months.

And for somebody that plays 2 hours a week, the value of the game is definitely worth your bucks.

Lebneney

Banned
Get the standard edition. The ultimate edition is designed around future content that you can buy individually anyway, and will be released in several months.

And for somebody that plays 2 hours a week, the value of the game is definitely worth your bucks.

Thanks for your input! I'll definitely take that into consideration if I decide to buy it tomorrow.

Xeteh

Potentially dumb question but what exactly determines the level of gear you get from boxes? Is it based on your profile level, character level or a combination of the two?

Seems to be around the character's level. I still get 1-3 things for the chars I don't play but high level items for Harley and Canary.

Seems to be around the character's level. I still get 1-3 things for the chars I don't play but high level items for Harley and Canary.

That's kind of what I figured but none of my characters were really high enough to test it out.

So with that in mind I'm guessing the most logical thing then is to save currency until you get a couple characters you like to higher level? Unless the tokens for regenerating gear are so plentiful that it doesn't really matter.

JJShadow

Oh man I'm so fucking stupid, I've trying to win this fight against a level 3 Superman in the Multiverse for about an hour just to realise that there was a modifier where you get damage when performing special moves

FML

I'm assuming guild members active in the multiverse means actually within an event and not just hanging out on the planet? It shows 0 active in 2nd Ls guild with me hanging out on the planet (and only a minute or two before I checked who was online in the guild and one was listed as in the guild multiverse). I think I've never actually seen the counter at the top not say zero.

I also noticed you can redo guild multiverse events to increase the counter towards the objectives. I'll redo them a few more times to hopefully help us get closer.

And I have no idea how we're meant to take down the boss. I tried it once with a level 17 character and I laughed when I saw she had 8,000 HP. I think I got her down to around 7,000, heh.

Still learning things and now that I have my first level 20 (Batman) I'm branching out and working on others so I've got around seven others in the 4-6 level range. Thursdays are my work from home day so I sat on my work laptop and just repeatedly did AI battles while working to gain several levels on characters.

delSai

Oh man I'm so fucking stupid, I've trying to win this fight against a level 3 Superman in the Multiverse for about an hour just to realise that there was a modifier where you get damage when performing special moves

FML
Lol, same here. Noticed it way too late.

I just accepted a wave of applications and will do any more before I leave in like 45 minutes.

You might want to promote s few other people delSai so apps can be accepted faster. I'll probably be away from the game for 8-10 hours due to work.

ekim

So I think about getting this - some questions for a FG noob:
- is the gear system "unfair" in terms of Multiplayer? Or are the gears perks disabled in ranked?
- how is the matchmaking? Do I get matched only with people in the same ballpark?
- is the SP content worth the money alone and can you play it in short bursts while still getting rewarded?
- Are the game modes (multiverse, guilds etc...) well explained within the game?

Sh0k

Sorry for the kind off newb question, but is there a way to block full bar supers, the ones that you press L2 + R2 to activate? I've played against the CPU and sometimes they block it, but I have no idea how to do it.

Thanks!

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
If you play Ivy I hate you and everything you stand for.

/salt

Sorry for the kind off newb question, but is there a way to block full bar supers, the ones that you press L2 + R2 to activate? I've played against the CPU and sometimes they block it, but I have no idea how to do it.

Thanks!

Unless someone has a grab super that I can't remember right now, supers can be blocked like any other move. I'm not sure if there are any that specifically hit overhead or low since you have to block those correctly (standing block for overheads, crouch block for lows).

Thanks!

You block them just like any other move. Keep in mind that some hit high so a crouch block won't work. I think Swamp Thing's you have to jump away from as I tried a low block and it still caught me (or I missed the block).

Edit: Yeah, exactly as said above.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
By the way, do both players in a Player Quickmatch (unranked) have to select the option for Gear Stats to not be in use during the match?

Scotia

Banned
Might be a dumb question but this game has arcade mode, right? I've seen some of the endings on youtube, but I can't seem to find the game mode.

Spuck-uk

Banned
People have just realized Adam is a broken version of Superman.

So yeah, Deadshot and him rule the ranked.

Yes dude ! I hope this can evolve !

Maybe they wanted to try it out before making it a full fledged mode.

Sort of, BA is superman if he traded in his better zoning tools for just all the damage in the world instead.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Go to AI battle simulator, and edit one of your 2 AI loadouts (choose what attributes you want) for any character. Then go into​ multiverse and choose whatever tower you want. When you go to character select press square/x and press left to go to your AI loadouts. Choose one and have fun pressing A a lot!

ohhh.png
Good advice.

Go to AI battle simulator, and edit one of your 2 AI loadouts (choose what attributes you want) for any character. Then go into​ multiverse and choose whatever tower you want. When you go to character select press square/x and press left to go to your AI loadouts. Choose one and have fun pressing A a lot!

Mind. Blown. OP worthy. Why is this not more visible in-game?

Just saw the
Superman
ending. Definitely the best of the two even though I was rooting for the other camp.
But while I understand why they went why
Bats vs Supes
for the finale, for obvious reasons, I feel like the last chapter should have been about Supergirl.

Still, great ending. Injustice 3 can't come soon enough. And I bet the
Superman
ending will be canon. It just offers so many possibilities.

Garlador

Just saw the
Superman
ending. Definitely the best of the two even though I was rooting for the other camp.
But while I understand why they went why
Bats vs Supes
for the finale, for obvious reasons, I feel like the last chapter should have been about Supergirl.

Still, great ending. Injustice 3 can't come soon enough. And I bet the
Superman
ending will be canon. It just offers so many possibilities.

I'm thinking the
Superman
ending will be canon too, simply because of their own track record regarding the heroes of MK9 and MKX. Having that be the ending also gives a massive excuse to the sequel for why you'd be fighting hero vs hero all over again.

delSai

I did a Trainingmatch in the AI Simulationthing against Sinkflas Line Up and holy hell, the Blue Beetle vs Dr Fate fight was the most boring thing ive ever seen lol.

Q8D3vil

Netcode is fucking bonkers, as someone who live in MiddleEast i never dreamed of playing fighting games against foreign players.

Marvel

could never
Netcode is fucking bonkers, as someone who live in MiddleEast i never dreamed of playing fighting games against foreign players.
Yeah... tried to tell people that MKX XL's new netcode was great but some refused to listen because they hate NRS lol. No reason to doubt it would suck in IJ2.

Top Bottom