• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

abrack08

So guilds require minimum lvl 5? I dunno why I can't join. I guess I need to play some online matches first? I completed story mode and did the multiverse tutorials.

You should definitely be above profile level 5 having completed the story, I'm not sure what the issue is but I don't think it's your level.

LiK

Level 5 is the only requirement. I haven't played any online and I've been in since day 1.

You should definitely be above profile level 5 having completed the story, I'm not sure what the issue is but I don't think it's your level.

Oh nm, I found Ls 2 along the way but it seems they have it closed cuz they have 46 members atm. Can't even join it. I sent a request to Ls 6. Found the code.

Xeteh

Oh nm, I found Ls 2 along the way but it seems they have it closed cuz they have 46 members atm. Can't even join it. I sent a request to Ls 6. Found the code.

Yeah, some people have left 2. Its the one I'm in and there's quite a few inactive people so I'm thinking people left for a different option. Invites could be reopened.

Yeah, some people have left 2. Its the one I'm in and there's quite a few inactive people so I'm thinking people left for a different option. Invites could be reopened.

Xeteh, do you want me to transfer ownership to you? Then you can open and close it as you see fit.

patchday

d26be0032b22c3ee1797bc855771a4f6.png

I got that at level 4, I played her only in story I think and once or twice outside.

If you play her you increase the chances of getting loot for her, but it's divided by each body parts...

Hope you get one dude =( . This rng is horseshit tbh.

looks nice. good thing I didnt shred her skirt yet. problem is if I want to transform my epic into that skirt I'd have to pay 2k source crystals. Not sure if i want that skirt that bad lol

Xeteh

Xeteh, do you want me to transfer ownership to you? Then you can open and close it as you see fit.

Not really, no. With how inactive it has been already I might not stick around. I've yet to even try the guild boss and it looks like fun.

looks nice. good thing I didnt shred her skirt yet. problem is if I want to transform my epic into that skirt I'd have to pay 2k source crystals. Not sure if i want that skirt that bad lol

Yeah, the cost seems insane. Especially considering how cheap regenerating gear is and how useful that system is.

Oh hey, I have a level 3 Epic but my character is level 20 now. Now I have one less regen token but a level 20 epic.

Razmos

The real scene stealer was Doctor Fate though, right guys?
He showed up for 2 scenes, attacked people while shouting about order and chaos and then gets unceremoniously killed off. There was really no reason for him to show up in the story mode at all

The real scene stealer was Doctor Fate though, right guys?
He showed up for 2 scenes, attacked people while shouting about order and chaos and then gets unceremoniously killed off. There was really no reason for him to show up in the story mode at all

Fan request characters man, Fate, Joker, Atrorocitus, and Swamp Thing. I mean they tried to find a spot for them it was just completely tossed in. Though Joker's apperance was well done. The others could have been better.

I think they obviously used Fate as a potential 3rd title hole.

Staf

Superman was alright for a bad guy in this one. Wonderwoman though, oh man what a joke. Hated every scene she was in lol.

The voice actress for WW is spot on. Perfect. But she is a coldhearted bitch in this. In general i don't like the Elseworlds stuff from DC. They always strip what i like the most in my to favs Superman and WW.

Razmos

What I find really funny about Wonder Woman is that on PSN there is a bit of cross-promotion with the new wonder woman film and talking about her as a hero lol. Then you play Injustice and she's just an evil bitch.

Also I must say the Harley/Wonder Woman scene was awesome.

Xeteh

What I find really funny about Wonder Woman is that on PSN there is a bit of cross-promotion with the new wonder woman film and talking about her as a hero lol. Then you play Injustice and she's just an evil bitch.

Also I must say the Harley/Wonder Woman scene was awesome.

Lol my friend messaged me after that scene and was like "did they just fucking kill off Harley, they better not have" and I had to ask where he was in the story because she had that bit with Ivy too. Poor Harley got worked in the story.

sephi22

To the people complaining about not getting gear for your mains, did you check the option for varied gear in options?, I think it's on by default and you can turn it off yo prioritize gear for the character you're using. I don't have the game yet so not too sure how well it works

Razmos

Lol my friend messaged me after that scene and was like "did they just fucking kill off Harley, they better not have" and I had to ask where he was in the story because she had that bit with Ivy too. Poor Harley got worked in the story.
lol she really did. At least she wasn't a Mary Sue, she was quite present in the story but I'm kinda glad she was taken out before the finale. She was in there just long enough in my opinion.

I feel like they made this version of WW even more evil than the first game. She is stone cold.

She really is.

I think shes not too far off from her normal self in this compared to the other characters. Where as Cyborg and Superman are dick level evil. Damien regressed into what he was trained to do originally but stopped by Batman. Wonder Woman always kinda had this side to her, but always did the right thing usually. She has done Injustice-ish stuff in stories before, just not to this level.

But I thought WW's moment in the story mode was great. Harley, Scarecrow, and Capt. Cold all called her out on what she may be thinking about how things turned out was great. I really do wish she would have gotten her head on straight though. Powered up Wonder Woman vs. Superman would have been great since I guess shes the Goddess of War here as well now (she is in the comics and her title chapter/is a one liner about it)

To those in PS4 Guild 2, I'd like to transfer ownership so I don't need to keep switching PSN accounts. Is there someone who'd like to volunteer, please?

Altairre

To the people complaining about not getting gear for your mains, did you check the option for varied gear in options?, I think it's on by default and you can turn it off yo prioritize gear for the character you're using. I don't have the game yet so not too sure how well it works
Wait what?

Jetman

Finished the awesome story,
well the Batman part
, played a little bit of ranked, and opened up a shit ton of Mother Boxes thanks to GAF Guild 4 this weekend. Really fun game, and it looks really good (especially facial features as has been mentioned, I mean holy shit).
Haven't even touched, Multiverse, or the 'Arcade' mode to see each characters' endings yet.
I hope someone puts the work in and creates a list of all possible costume pieces and abilities out there for each character. I guess the trophy for accomplishing every characters super move is going to be locked behind some serious RNG. Is it just two extra abilities per hero or could there be more?

Probity

Wow these boss battles are a joke. Unbelievably punishing, or I'm just that bad. I haven't really ever played fighting games much before but I have felt like I'm fairly alright for the most part. These are ridiculous.

Atrocitus is such a one-trick pony, but I can't fucking stop that one fucking combo set. I almost beat him a second ago, about 3 hits off, but I blew it and can't get there again because it's so frustrating.

I just applied for Ls 6, I hope GAF can keep me invested a while. This is the first fighting game I've actually felt compelled to keep playing, so hopefully that can continue.

DR2K

Banned
Poison Ivy is so clunky to play which is a shame because I want to main her. :( Any advice?

Press her 1,2 strings together to get them to come out more consistently.

Back 2, down 2 is her best mid screen string

Her forward 3 has good m range from mid screen

Jump 2 is her best air move

Back 3 is a great anti air. Long range wall bounce as well

2, 1, 3 is a great string. Goes high, low, then over head

Her plant buddy is great for pressure in conviction with her down back 2. Can even pressure from across the screen

Her chain stance down down gives her tons of range and pressure from mid screen.

She'll click with more practice. Go into training mode and tag all her strings with triangle in the combo menu so you can see them on screen. Works in any single player mode

Is the game's population so minimal on Xbox One? Or is GAF more Playstation oriented in general? Seems like we're up to 6 House of L's for Playstation and still stuck on the first for Xbox One.

Anyone have any tips in general on what to do when I knock someone down? Playing Darkseid as my main.. it seems everyone has faster combos or wake-up options. Thus I generally I back off slightly or I try to do the J3 into DF3 (potential MB for another round of slaps). Standing next to them almost always leads to my ass getting beat.

Probity

I think GAF is just more PS4 oriented.

I could use tips too, but that's more generalized. I've never really been involved with a fighting game before. I don't think I'm necessarily bad, but I am having a hard time making the jump from medium to hard difficulty and I was using that as a metric for eventually playing online. I think I understand the moves of the characters but I have a hard time actually implementing that knowledge well. I don't know good ways to chain moves together or when I should use a particular move(set) over another. Strategy seems like a big thing and I feel like I mostly just toss out the combos as they somewhat seem to fit at random. It feels like just a slightly better form of button mashing at times.

I'm trying to main as Green Arrow, Joker, Robin, or Aquaman. Currently my main is Green Arrow but the Joker is my personal favorite character (n spite of an unfortunate lack of personality in this rendition).

Edit: Also I am I the only one annoyed by the whip-based moves teleporting people so they work? Catwoman and WW will use their pull-in moves from right in front of me and I get teleported backwards and lose momentum and everything else.

LaNaranja

Man I decided to play some ranked and just got completed worked for four matches in a row. I was 1-0 before that. Just game after game of people that had amazing win/lose ratios in the hundreds and me getting put in a corner and not being able to move at all. The matches would also give me a zero percent probability of winning too so I found it odd they threw so many in a row at me. I just accepted the matches and figured my win/lose ratio would eventually sort itself out and match me against people at my level, which it did. :D

If anyone is getting wrecked online, especially early on, just take the loses. The system will eventually match you up with people at your level (at least right now while the game is still new).

Q8D3vil

I think GAF is just more PS4 oriented.

I could use tips too, but that's more generalized. I've never really been involved with a fighting game before. I don't think I'm necessarily bad, but I am having a hard time making the jump from medium to hard difficulty and I was using that as a metric for eventually playing online. I think I understand the moves of the characters but I have a hard time actually implementing that knowledge well. I don't know good ways to chain moves together or when I should use a particular move(set) over another. Strategy seems like a big thing and I feel like I mostly just toss out the combos as they somewhat seem to fit at random. It feels like just a slightly better form of button mashing at times.

I'm trying to main as Green Arrow, Joker, Robin, or Aquaman. Currently my main is Green Arrow but the Joker is my personal favorite character (n spite of an unfortunate lack of personality in this rendition).
Learn bnb combos from youtube and practice their timing in practice mode, then try them in multiverse against ai while doing events to get loot and level up. When your comfortable with your character go online and wreck some people.

Xeteh

What's her point distribution?

30 combos and 30 of whatever the whiff punish stat is called. Blanking on the name of that. All of my gear on her has strength on it. She's hitting like a truck.

She's the 80s now and these fights aren't even close. I don't get it. Around 40-50 there were several close calls but now almost every fight is ending with her still on the first bar.

Impulsor

I also leveled up supergirl to level 20 yesterday, absolutely love her moveset and her character throughout the story mode.

I was thinking about playing some batman or blue beetle now.

I've been practicing a bnb for Black Canary, and I'm not sure how to end it on normal sized characters.

Any special cancelable ground combo, bf2 MB, j2, 2, 3, 4, j2, 2, 1.

With big guys like Grodd, you can cancel the last hit into her db2, but on smaller characters the combo drops there.

Is there a more optimal combo? I can pull this off consistently at least.

Xeteh

Both Darkseid and Cyborg are trying to brawl with Canary-bot and its really not working for them. I was sincerely hoping they'd zone her out and set me free but it isn't happening. I might have to start equipping items that I get but her inventory is full and I don't know what would happen to my actual gear.

Marvel

could never
I'll post a pic of my Deadshot once he gets to 20. Nearly there.

Ability stat in gear is higher damage for special moves right?

Unless it's a juggle combo and might drop, it's always best to end your combo with a df3(u3). The forward dash into upwards kick. It leaves you more advantageous afterwards and it does more damage.

The only downside of course is that it has a bit more startup so not the best option if you're doing an air juggle combo.

Here's a thread with a few BnBs for Black Canary: https://testyourmight.com/threads/black-canary-combo-thread.63778/

Right, gotcha. Thanks.

Xeteh

YES! DOCTOR FATE IS MY HERO.

.. oh, almost got the diamond box. 96 stages complete. You are a beast Canary-bot. Lol, rank 17 on the Endless Leaderboard. I suck at the game myself but at least I have built a champion.

YES! DOCTOR FATE IS MY HERO.

.. oh, almost got the diamond box. 96 stages complete. You are a beast Canary-bot. Lol, rank 17 on the Endless Leaderboard. I suck at the game myself but at least I have built a champion.
Fighting game Manager 2017 by NetherRealm Studios.

Top Bottom