• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

M_A_C

So how's Zod looking so far? Pretty good? Might buy back the game in a little bit.

Saw a pretty high level one on WNF last week and he looked amazing.

I just booted this game up after not playing for a while and noticed that there was a lot of blood from the hits. Was that always in the game or did they add that?

Jubs

Anyone here play Shazam? I see next to no activity out of the guy and I really wanted him to be good. Sadly I can't get into his grabs. Anyone able to just explain his ins and outs to me?

Shazam player checking in. He can go toe-to-toe with pressure characters, but good zoners wreck him. Deathstroke and Sinestro, for example, is a nightmare for him. He needs more buffs to be viable, but the potential is there.

Moves to abuse:
B2
D3
atlas torpedo
herculean might
Achilles' Clutch if they like to sit alot

2,2 is the only combo he has that allows a herculean might to be linked on block, even when your opponent is ducking. It'll whiff for any other combo, which sucks. But you can catch a ton of people unawares with 2,2 -> HM. Smarter players can and will backdash out of it though.

You can also link a herculean might if you connect with D2, or knock them out of the air with your own jumping 1 or 2.

vg260

I'm guessing we'll hear something about a season pass this week.

If there is one, it will be interesting to see how fast that gets data mined. I'm already expecting Black Canary to eat up one slot. We got MMH, but I'm readying myself for another disappointment after the first one being a dud. I'm not really expecting anything in the poll to make it.

I'm guessing we'll hear something about a season pass this week.

If there is one, it will be interesting to see how fast that gets data mined. I'm already expecting Black Canary to eat up one slot. We got MMH, but I'm readying myself for another disappointment after the first one being a dud. I'm not really expecting anything in the poll to make it.
If we assume Black Canary makes it, that's our two hero slots. Who fills in the villain slots? I've been reading comics all day and trying to think of who would fit the bill and also be awesome, but I too am unfortuneately expecting disappointment.

tim1138

If we assume Black Canary makes it, that's our two hero slots. Who fills in the villain slots? I've been reading comics all day and trying to think of who would fit the bill and also be awesome, but I too am unfortuneately expecting disappointment.

In my dream scenario it'd be Darkseid and King freaking Shark.

I don't know about that. I would think they could easily move Scorpion to the villain side at that point. The first season pass was pretty much 1 hero and three villains.

TDLink

What if there's only 2 and the 6 DLC characters get moved to the bottom of each 6 columns

I find that highly unlikely considering a second season pass is confirmed. Why have a pass for only 2 characters?

I think there will be 3 heroes and 1 villain to correspond with what we got in season 1. I am hoping the villain is either a Flash or Aquaman one.

Ryce

I find that highly unlikely considering a second season pass is confirmed.
I wouldn't be so sure just yet. We've only heard that from a Spanish PR rep. PR in general tends to be out of the loop, but Spanish PR? They might know even less about the game than we do.

TDLink

I wouldn't be so sure just yet. We've only heard that from a Spanish PR rep. PR in general tends to be out of the loop, but Spanish PR? They might know even less about the game than we do.

I don't think PR being quiet means that they are out of the loop. But perhaps. We will find out in the next week either way it seems.

shaowebb

Just poked around as Raven...my conclusion is people would use her a lot more if her wakeup wasnt shit. She's good to great just about any other way, but that is some stank wakeup. Anyone know what her best options are in that scenario?

Xevren

Just poked around as Raven...my conclusion is people would use her a lot more if her wakeup wasnt shit. She's good to great just about any other way, but that is some stank wakeup. Anyone know what her best options are in that scenario?

Block, definitely block. Doing any special up close with her is a huge risk.

Xevren

Even in her trait state?

Unless something has changed with the patches yes, you're still going to get punished hard if they block any of your wake ups. I still feel people should be blocking when they wake up anyway, people are so silly with their wake ups.

Khezu

We will be streaming #MartianManhunter gameplay this Monday. Send us your questions with this tag #NRSStream. More details coming soon!

This is a weird thing to do for a character they have already shown gameplay for.

I guess this is where they are going to show new skins?(if there is any)

TDLink

This is a weird thing to do for a character they have already shown gameplay for.

I guess this is where they are going to show new skins?(if there is any)

NRS continues to find new ways to have baffling marketing and consumer interaction.

shaowebb

Okay just feel like bitching a bit about Superman.Folks echo chamber a lot on message boards about F23 breath being why he's so good...its more than that and I'd like for the new folks here to know why the character that won EVO got Boo-ed on the stage because its FAR more than just salt over a single combo string.

• He can mix it up up his f23 patterns with ground zap to screw with your block reads.So its not just a matter of learn to block him high on reaction
  • he can use his lasers to generate enough block stun to dash in on folks making him inescapable and he can frame trap folks from anywhere due to this and his frame data
  • he has a 2 frame super thats capable of stuffing everything
  • all his moves are so low on startup and recovery (especially on meter burn) that he can pressure with the best of them
  • he is extremely high damage
  • generates great meter yet is not meter reliant to do combos...basically nets him easy additional pressure and quicker access to the super yet his game doesnt' justify why he should battery so well
  • fucking stupid reset damage...like REALLY fucking stupid
  • you cannot pick armor to get around him as his gimmick breaks it
  • he is VERY low execution low risk HIGH reward
  • he has armored wakeups that are among some of the best in the game so you cant pressure his wakeup very easily...you generally have to block because guessing air grab low grab or other is like rolling the dice on your character
  • he has one of the best throws I've seen and it MURDERS wakeups
  • he has excellent air mobility with his air dash that leads to crossups and full combos
  • deceptive hit boxes and hit properties create blocking scenarios that require additional knowledge and makes him a hard character to just read and react to without experience in the matchup for your character vs all his tools (huge range on moves that look to not come out that far, breathe not having a hit box the full length of its animation, and a laser that strafes the ground that is NOT a low? Cmon...how the hell do you read this guy when he is counterintuitive to common sense reads of how a move initially appears to operate. Tons of his stuff defies the logical assumption of how its hit properties work and in general he out priorities most shit with it due to his insane frame data)
  • he has access to the power interactibles on stages and those are the best in the game
  • and his best strings come out SO FAR and are so fast they outpoke and stuff folks.

He is FAR too high of a reward for FAR too little effort. Next to zero risk to anything he does and all his tools let him force the match to run at his own pace. In general, he forces a completely to near completely reactionary form of gameplay at all times but is not restricted to any single tactic of play as he excels at ALL of them. Way too plus on block, low on startup and recovery to warrant his damage. Character is just plain braindead even if you can mix up your tactics.

/salt

ReiGun

Finally got my hands on a copy. Loving it. Wonder Woman is my main now and forever, but I like Green Arrow and Aquaman as well. Haven't really tried too many villains yet outside of Luthor and Killer Frost and they're both cool.

Speaking of Wonder Woman, why is no one playing her? She seems really good and a lot of fun. I guess it's just cause she's not as easy as Superman or Black Adam.

Okay just feel like bitching a bit about Superman.Folks echo chamber a lot on message boards about F23 breath being why he's so good...its more than that and I'd like for the new folks here to know why the character that won EVO got Boo-ed on the stage because its FAR more than just salt over a single combo string.

• He can mix it up up his f23 patterns with ground zap to screw with your block reads.So its not just a matter of learn to block him high on reaction
  • he can use his lasers to generate enough block stun to dash in on folks making him inescapable and he can frame trap folks from anywhere due to this and his frame data
  • he has a 2 frame super thats capable of stuffing everything
  • all his moves are so low on startup and recovery (especially on meter burn) that he can pressure with the best of them
  • he is extremely high damage
  • generates great meter yet is not meter reliant to do combos...basically nets him easy additional pressure and quicker access to the super yet his game doesnt' justify why he should battery so well
  • fucking stupid reset damage...like REALLY fucking stupid
  • you cannot pick armor to get around him as his gimmick breaks it
  • he is VERY low execution low risk HIGH reward
  • he has armored wakeups that are among some of the best in the game so you cant pressure his wakeup very easily...you generally have to block because guessing air grab low grab or other is like rolling the dice on your character
  • he has one of the best throws I've seen and it MURDERS wakeups
  • he has excellent air mobility with his air dash that leads to crossups and full combos
  • deceptive hit boxes and hit properties create blocking scenarios that require additional knowledge and makes him a hard character to just read and react to without experience in the matchup for your character vs all his tools (huge range on moves that look to not come out that far, breathe not having a hit box the full length of its animation, and a laser that strafes the ground that is NOT a low? Cmon...how the hell do you read this guy when he is counterintuitive to common sense reads of how a move initially appears to operate. Tons of his stuff defies the logical assumption of how its hit properties work and in general he out priorities most shit with it due to his insane frame data)
  • he has access to the power interactibles on stages and those are the best in the game
  • and his best strings come out SO FAR and are so fast they outpoke and stuff folks.

He is FAR too high of a reward for FAR too little effort. Next to zero risk to anything he does and all his tools let him force the match to run at his own pace. In general, he forces a completely to near completely reactionary form of gameplay at all times but is not restricted to any single tactic of play as he excels at ALL of them. Way too plus on block, low on startup and recovery to warrant his damage. Character is just plain braindead even if you can mix up your tactics.

/salt
All this is why I couldn't bring myself to play him. I love Superman, but he's just too dumb in this game.

shaowebb

Finally got my hands on a copy. Loving it. Wonder Woman is my main now and forever, but I like Green Arrow and Aquaman as well. Haven't really tried too many villains yet outside of Luthor and Killer Frost and they're both cool.

Speaking of Wonder Woman, why is no one playing her? She seems really good and a lot of fun. I guess it's just cause she's not as easy as Superman or Black Adam.
Yeah Wonder Woman is great fun. I played her so hard in the demo it was ridiculous. Her only problem is really how badly she loses to competent zoners. Not spammers, but patient players with good zoning tools. Lots of folks seem to just deal with any zoning matchups by picking folks with good zoning options themselves while Wonder Woman requires you to play footsies and parry which a lot of folks dont bother to put effort into learning because they are busy jerking it to her damage too much to learn her defense.

Great character though and I say stick with her...she's worth it.

All this is why I couldn't bring myself to play him. I love Superman, but he's just too dumb in this game.
I know...I actually got a downplayer on TYM trying to argue he will drop in tiers as folks learn the matchup and their characters. Not a chance. Dude can flip to any style of play at any moment and still stay advantageous on meter/frames and damage plus its not like Superman players will stop learning what tech others have against him simply because folks level up. Character knowledge works both directions in matchups.

Superman is so firmly rooted in top tier that you couldn't tear him out if you tried. You can only hope to cut him down to a decent level by nerfs IMO at this point. This character is full on too good and I'm saying this as someone who plays Hawkgirl at his locals vs Superman and that is the counterpick matchup. Dude is too good.

Xevren

Yes Superman is very stupid. I'm looking forward more to the patch notes than I am MMH (who I am looking forwrd to), just to see if anything big is going to be done. Personally, I would make the 3 in f23 not special cancellable. It's negative so you just can't make yourself safe for an eternity, and if it does hit you can still combo just fine with f2xx mb ice breathe. That and maybe make it so f2 doesn't move you so damn far forward.

Ryce

Apparently the S.T.A.R. Labs problem has been fixed -- you need to redownload the Season Pass and then the missions should show up as free. It's not working for me yet on the PS3, though.

shaowebb

HOLY FUCK AT WEDNESDAY NIGHT FIGHTS SEMI/GRAND FINALS!

I called this! I fucking called it!
GENERAL ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

This is the hypest semis and grand finals I've seen for the game yet. Wonderchef puts on a damned clinic with Zod and puts on some of the most back and forth sets ever in these. The character's trait is slow, but once its charged he can run it back and Wonderchef has learned some crazy stuff on how to stay mobile and punish with Zod and juggle with air balls and use the Chokeslam and lasers to punish wakeups and jump ins. Its awesome!

If you've felt tired or dull on things till now watch this shit. I time stamped it already so just click and feel the room get hyped watching this new stuff take over!

TDLink

HOLY FUCK AT WEDNESDAY NIGHT FIGHTS SEMI/GRAND FINALS!

I called this! I fucking called it!
GENERAL ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

This is the hypest semis and grand finals I've seen for the game yet. Wonderchef puts on a damned clinic with Zod and puts on some of the most back and forth sets ever in these. The character's trait is slow, but once its charged he can run it back and Wonderchef has learned some crazy stuff on how to stay mobile and punish with Zod and juggle with air balls and use the Chokeslam and lasers to punish wakeups and jump ins. Its awesome!

If you've felt tired or dull on things till now watch this shit. I time stamped it already so just click and feel the room get hyped watching this new stuff take over!

Yeah that Zod gameplay was pretty great. Can't wait to see what people come up with given more time with him. He can do some downright dirty stuff.

Kizer

I think to me Martian Manhunter will forever be "the guy that looks like Piccolo."

I don't see it past the fact that they are both green, visually.

Power set wise? Basically Manhunter tends to be very useful and in dragon ball, you are totally useless unless you are at least 1/4 sayian.

witness

I really want them to sell that Arrow costume since I got the game this month =( So far my favorites have been Supes, Shazam, GL, and GA. I love how Shazam can just have so much momentum once you get on a roll. Obviously Supes can just be so overwhelming when you're clicking. Loved the story mode, it was great. Fantastic cinematics. Really enjoying the game so far, as a huge DC fan its my game of the forever.

J-Tier

If I get the season pass, do I get every costume pack that's come out, or just some?

The season's Pass gets you 4 characters and the flashpoint costumes. All other packs are separate. Basically, the season's pass is a cheaper way to get all of the characters, versus buying them separately.

Top Bottom