• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

ReiGun

The season's Pass gets you 4 characters and the flashpoint costumes. All other packs are separate. Basically, the season's pass is a cheaper way to get all of the characters, versus buying them separately.

Gotcha. Oh well. I mainly just wanted some of the different Wonder Woman costumes, so I guess I can just buy those.

Bleepey

HOLY FUCK AT WEDNESDAY NIGHT FIGHTS SEMI/GRAND FINALS!

I called this! I fucking called it!
GENERAL ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

This is the hypest semis and grand finals I've seen for the game yet. Wonderchef puts on a damned clinic with Zod and puts on some of the most back and forth sets ever in these. The character's trait is slow, but once its charged he can run it back and Wonderchef has learned some crazy stuff on how to stay mobile and punish with Zod and juggle with air balls and use the Chokeslam and lasers to punish wakeups and jump ins. Its awesome!

If you've felt tired or dull on things till now watch this shit. I time stamped it already so just click and feel the room get hyped watching this new stuff take over!
Watched about 15 minutes so far and that shit's as hype as fuck. The way Zod was setting up those projectiles and trait whilst Grundy was using armour like a boss.

Just wondering what controller does everyone use? I'm using the Streetfighter x Tekken control pad. It's much better than the 360 d-pad but I occassionally get some input errors. You have to be very precise to do diagonal jumps. I was thinking about getting a fight stick but don't want to spend a lot when it probably won't be compatible with the XB1.

Khezu

Out of those 3 I would rather have PG.

Zatanna is not good fighting game material, and their Black Canary design is repulsive.

Salamando

I don't see the design for PG being any better. They will probably use her New 52 costume.

Powergirl's recently reverted back to her "boob-window" costume. Don't think the costume'll be the issue. More worried about the face.

Half-expect Black Canary to make it in just so some of Sindel's moveset could be borrowed.

ReiGun

Just remember Max made this video where the guy who predicted the original DLC found some bits of data that suggested Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub Zero. Obviously, a lot of speculation, but this list does seem likely.

On the off chance they don't stop at just 8 DLC characters, I bet Zatanna and Static are next in line to get in.

Personally, I still want Circe. I know it would never happen though. :(

Circe_(by_Aaron_Lopresti)_1.jpg

Ryce

Just remember Max made this video where the guy who predicted the original DLC found some bits of data that suggested Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub Zero. Obviously, a lot of speculation, but this list does seem likely.
A hacking group called Duplex uploaded the Season Pass, which included the first four DLC character names in it. NbAlIvEr10000 just so happened to be the first person to post those names to GameFAQs. Cashing in on his fifteen minutes of fame, he decided to lie about Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub-Zero. Dozens of talented hackers have gone through the various DLC files and not one of them was able to find NbAlIvEr10000's mysterious character initials -- because they don't exist.

ReiGun

A hacking group called Duplex uploaded the Season Pass, which included the first four DLC character names in it. NbAlIvEr10000 just so happened to be the first person to post those names to GameFAQs. Cashing in on his fifteen minutes of fame, he decided to lie about Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub-Zero. Dozens of talented hackers have gone through the various DLC files and not one of them was able to find NbAlIvEr10000's mysterious character initials -- because they don't exist.

Neat.

So we're back to not knowing anything! Circe hype train a-go-go!

vg260

Well he didn't actually lie as those initials were in the file. They were just in addition to tons of other random letter combos.

Khezu

I wonder if they are changing how they do DLC. By that I mean, instead of getting 2 costume packs and a character at the same time, they are going to spread it out, and get one costume pack every week well waiting for characters.

They kinda started doing this two weeks ago, first anime skins, then star labs, then this week we got MMH and John.

Explains why they haven't shown any skins yet.

TDLink

I wonder if they are changing how they do DLC. By that I mean, instead of getting 2 costume packs and a character at the same time, they are going to spread it out, and get one costume pack every week well waiting for characters.

They kinda started doing this two weeks ago, first anime skins, then star labs, then this week we got MMH and John.

Explains why they haven't shown any skins yet.

Good idea in theory. But since the skins have to be in the compatibility patch they will just get datamined and we will all know what they are anyways.

Var

Just picked this game up yesterday. Really loving it so far. Hopefully they end up releasing a lot more skins. I would love to see a few more from Elseworlds.

vg260

Well that was a pointless download then.

Well, I guess maybe you earn XP for them, but to my knowledge there's no reward. I admit, I don't know 100% for sure. I skimmed over them, and it's just more of the same annoying repeated fluff as the other characters. I hate this mode so much.

vg260

I hope some of the new characters have some way to easily cheese the AI in battle mode, as a couple of those are brutal, and I want to beat them.

shaowebb

Just wondering what controller does everyone use? I'm using the Streetfighter x Tekken control pad. It's much better than the 360 d-pad but I occassionally get some input errors. You have to be very precise to do diagonal jumps. I was thinking about getting a fight stick but don't want to spend a lot when it probably won't be compatible with the XB1.

I got a stick and its actually cumbersome for me to play Injustice with...too much stretching for MB and having to hit two buttons for throws and supers leads me into missing stuff in spite of having a more accurate directional input. I play on the 360 controller at home that is ass, but at my local scene I roll on one of their PS3 controllers and honestly the things are so amazingly perfect for this game that I'd like to just buy one and get a converter. Perfect Dpad for NRS games IMO. Zero chance of an oversteered input occuring like on 360 pads and many fightpads and it comes with the advantage of a controllers easy layout for attack buttons, throws and specials which is cumbersome to hotkey on sticks across the wider surface area.

Fish for a PS3 controller IMO. Its the best for fighting games that were designed mainly for controller players.

I got a stick and its actually cumbersome for me to play Injustice with...too much stretching for MB and having to hit two buttons for throws and supers leads me into missing stuff in spite of having a more accurate directional input. I play on the 360 controller at home that is ass, but at my local scene I roll on one of their PS3 controllers and honestly the things are so amazingly perfect for this game that I'd like to just buy one and get a converter. Perfect Dpad for NRS games IMO. Zero chance of an oversteered input occuring like on 360 pads and many fightpads and it comes with the advantage of a controllers easy layout for attack buttons, throws and specials which is cumbersome to hotkey on sticks across the wider surface area.

Fish for a PS3 controller IMO. Its the best for fighting games that were designed mainly for controller players.

Thanks! I found an adapter on Amazon that lets you use PS3 controller on Xbox 360. I would like to try that out.

shaowebb

Huh...this actually finds a way to profit from something me and some Bane folks figured out involving the corner and grounded opponents. If you are on the ground and manage to perform a move in the corner on a grounded opponent that forces you behind them the moment they cross behind you a rubberband effect happens that slingshots you directly back in front of them...possibly a preventative measure to keep glitches at bay that force you off the screen.

Well with Bane if you Venom charge point blank on a corpse it fires the corpse behind him fullscreen since his Venom Charge stays out so long that it keeps him in the corner, but apparently Flash here proves if you use a MOMENTARY dash move that can force you to cross behind them the result is you receive the rubberbanding and snap back in front and they end up turned around in the corner on wakeup. Things like Hawkgirl Mace Charge or Wing Evade 3 couldn't do this as they do not touch the body on the ground is my guess, but if you think of any dash move thats fast enough that involves a grounded approach you may have something here.

Doomsday may have similar is my guess...that or he'll slingshot them fullscreen like Bane.

EDIT: Just checked with Doomsday and no deal. His lower body doesn't actually cross over you...just his upper body. Maybe Killer Frost Slide or Green Arrow Stinger will work...

shaowebb

Success! You can use dash instead of running man opening up most of the cast for this tech! Just dash and then jump straight up into something. For some folks this equals reversed inputs into a crossup :D

DRE Fei

This is good tech for many characters, but doesn't work against wakeup lightning cage since it hits on both sides of the body. Yet another reason to use black adam.

Just watched the story mode of injustice and...holy crap. I never thought a fighting game can have such a good story mode and I have played most of them. I felt like i was watching a movie, a really good one at that. I am impressed, hope the game is successful.

Kizer

Just watched the story mode of injustice and...holy crap. I never thought a fighting game can have such a good story mode and I have played most of them. I felt like i was watching a movie, a really good one at that. I am impressed, hope the game is successful.

It has been nothing but successful

shaowebb

You guys want to see some Hype stuff?

Pig of the Hut (ZOD) vs Frosty (BANE)

They run a 10 match set and it STAYS dead even and both are phenomenal players. Hypest Bane I've seen. If Zod can keep Bane out its harsh on Bane. However, Bane once inside can smother a man and Zod suffers vs up close pressure. Each match becomes a race...its awesome.

ENJOY!

witness

Bought Zod last night, not interested in the other 3 characters so no thanks on the pass, and he is really enjoyable and fun to learn so far. Unfortunate that there are no unlocks for him. I want a MoS skin with armor for him! Looking forward to purchasing MMH this week.

shaowebb

Bought Zod last night, not interested in the other 3 characters so no thanks on the pass, and he is really enjoyable and fun to learn so far. Unfortunate that there are no unlocks for him. I want a MoS skin with armor for him! Looking forward to purchasing MMH this week.

Might want to give Batgirl a look sometime. She's a real fun character who can pressure from just about any situation who has some really safe specials and cool bat evade cancels. If shes not for you though she's not for you, but shes a pretty legit character thats really versatile and easy to pickup.

Also I'm seriously betting their will be Man of Steel DLC later for Zod...its pure money.

EDIT:
More Bane tech! How to jail folks and stuff most wakeups for an additional 12-18% or more after any combo

This character is starting to show some terrific potential now that folks are digging deep and counting frames on the game. He seems to be emerging because his fans had to dig deep like this since day 1 to use him so now all that effort is coming together into lots of vids. This is pretty cool stuff.

Top Bottom