• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

Judging from the GAF thread and the livechat, most of the FGC hates Injustice :(

Makes me sad, hope it stays around a bit longer
tKXTlme.png

The two strongest characters in the game Superman and Black Adam are both just really boring an awkward to watch, and because they are so good, and easy to use, they are super popular.

I'm not sure balancing characters around who is more fun to watch is a great way to balance a game, but fuck Superman and Black Adam.

Khezu

Yup. I would guess Comic-Con is the place we will hear more. I assume MMH may come out before that though so I am guessing they aren't doing a second "season pass" and will just release them individually.

Comic con is this week, this Thursday.

If MMH was coming out this week, they probably would have said something by now.

FYC

Banned
Ah, fair enough!

Yup. I would guess Comic-Con is the place we will hear more. I assume MMH may come out before that though so I am guessing they aren't doing a second "season pass" and will just release them individually.

Oooh. Can't wait, whenever we get the next announcement.

The Light

Well superman does have a lot of options (mobility, rushdown, and satisfactory zoning) plus good damage. If NRS were going to make changes to him I rather they do something with damage. That way superman still has his options and can be played the same way.

TDLink

Comic con is this week, this Thursday.

If MMH was coming out this week, they probably would have said something by now.

Ah, I thought we were still a week away for some reason. In that case I expect official release date announced for MMH at comic-con along with details on season pass and/or the second character. Also the result of the poll finally.

Slurmer

Banned
Ah, I thought we were still a week away for some reason. In that case I expect official release date announced for MMH at comic-con along with details on season pass and/or the second character. Also the result of the poll finally.
And pc/vita versions

shaowebb

Oh lord YES Martian Manhunter looks great and John Stewart as a free compatibility skin with his own unique VA and both are voiced by their iconic Justice League actors? YES.

Was the announcement just these though and no second season pass or was it these and hinting at more stuff down the line as well (possible comic con announcements)?

Xevren

Oh lord YES Martian Manhunter looks great and John Stewart as a free compatibility skin with his own unique VA and both are voiced by their iconic Justice League actors? YES.

Was the announcement just these though and no second season pass or was it these and hinting at more stuff down the line as well (possible comic con announcements)?

Nothing else was said at all, just the trailer for MMH.

shaowebb

Nothing else was said at all, just the trailer for MMH.
Good enough for me. We're lucky he got made honestly.

There's a mod named Juggs on TYM thats been clamoring for him since the game was announced. Cannot wait to see the character board go up for him and to turn it over to him for modding. Dude is gonna play that character till he drops on launch. Congrats to all the fans of MM and John Stewart that got serviced today. Its been great.

Kizer

Judging from the GAF thread and the livechat, most of the FGC hates Injustice :(

Makes me sad, hope it stays around a bit longer
tKXTlme.png

I really wouldn't take what stream monsters say to heart. They are a fickle bunch who just like to complain

Is Ares any good or should I stick with Aquaman?

Ares is a good character. Aquaman is considered "better" but by no means are either of them poor choices.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So I'm not really into fighters but after watching this game at EVO, damn it looks fun. Hands down best fighting game to watch; when is the PC version coming out?

I could use some help. I recently got this game and I am really digging it. I downloaded the mobile app so that I could get the free skin (I think it was the Flash).... but I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to unlock extra skins. Is there a way to play the game as certain people to unlock skins? I know you can purchase skins from the playstation store... but surely there are skins that can be unlocked by playing the game. I tried searching online, but it does not make a lot of sense to me. Any help woudl be awesome. Thanks!

So I'm not really into fighters but after watching this game at EVO, damn it looks fun. Hands down best fighting game to watch; when is the PC version coming out?
The PC version hasn't been officially announced. I believe the GOTY edition for 360/PS3/WiiU/PC/Vita that was leaked on Amazon.fr had the date listed as November.

BadAss2961

Stream Monsters hate everything not Marvel. Which ironically, I think has been the most static and boring game so far this EVO (Well, maybe after SFxT).
Did the FGC always love Mahvel so much? I remember back when MvC3 released, it seemed like most of the general public were disappointed in it as the long awaited sequel to MvC2.

Kizer

Did the FGC always love Mahvel so much? I remember back when MvC3 released, it seemed like most of the general public were disappointed in it as the long awaited sequel to MvC2.

Yeah they did. The "general" public had fond memories of mvc2 because they always played with their friends who were as bad as they were. mvc3 had online play and then they got to play other people who were not as bad as they were. People tend to have fun when they are winning.

BadAss2961

Yeah they did. The "general" public had fond memories of mvc2 because they always played with their friends who were as bad as they were. mvc3 had online play and then they got to play other people who were not as bad as they were. People tend to have fun when they are winning.
Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't recall Street Fighter IV or MK9 having that problem. All the old fans seemed to love those games from the start.

Kizer

Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't recall Street Fighter IV or MK9 having that problem. All the old fans seemed to love those games from the start.

MK9 was a mix bag for a lot of older players, but many older players did not seem to like sf4. It really attracted it's own crowd over time.

vg260

Everything is initially met with negativity. Remember the outrage over the new button scheme?

Marvel 3 changed a lot of stuff from Marvel 2. It was definitely not instant love for a lot of people, especially Marvel 2 veterans. A good number of Marvel 3 fans wish Vanilla never happened, and we just got Ultimate - it had that many flaws. I think most of the Marvel community is in agreement that the game would have died without Ultimate coming out, because it really had just that many problems. Vanilla had the hype of newness - it came out in February, so there were only 5 months between that and Evo. The game was fresh.

Khezu

It is interesting that we got both pics of John and Jon today, hopefully that might mean they are going to start rolling out pics of new costumes over the week.

mO5X9mk.jpg

shaowebb

Marvel 3 changed a lot of stuff from Marvel 2. It was definitely not instant love for a lot of people, especially Marvel 2 veterans. A good number of Marvel 3 fans wish Vanilla never happened, and we just got Ultimate - it had that many flaws. I think most of the Marvel community is in agreement that the game would have died without Ultimate coming out, because it really had just that many problems. Vanilla had the hype of newness - it came out in February, so there were only 5 months between that and Evo. The game was fresh.

Id say the biggest problems in Vanilla Marvel were mainly:
  • Lack of OTG's per character. Most teams HAD to utilize an OTG assist and there were only a few good ones
  • Armored assists are dumb. Tron and Haggar allowed for some bullshit.
  • Wolverine Divekick too stronk. He was a lvl 1 xfactor murder machine and he needed tweaked. BADLY.
  • Jeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Seriously her ability to runaway safely with those projectiles in Dark Phoenix mode was stupid. So hard to deal with that if she had a GTFO assist of any merit.
  • Bad balance on cast. Some characters had some really weird frame data and damage problems. Others had terrible mobility and combo tools and were reliant on specific assists and teams to get by (Ryu was one due to lack of OTG, Chun was another). Spencer had one frame links, and others just plain couldn't get anything off of a combo. Hard as hell to play some folks on teams.
  • In general if Dante had been allowed to remain as he was it would have been HELL soon.

shaowebb

I'm really curious to see where Injustice will go post EVO, what with NRS doing balance patches and all that.

Honestly I'm not sure...game is fun, but it has some issues. Many folks get turned off by NRS rapid changes in meta and its kind of a toss up because we have no clue what they will be doing with the game. It'll either grow or it'll be like MK9 and just have its own audience.

TDLink

I'm guessing next Tuesday (23rd) for MMH patch. Will have been 3 weeks since Zod and gives them momentum out of Comic-Con (where they will surely announce more Injustice plans).

vg260

Honestly I'm not sure...game is fun, but it has some issues. Many folks get turned off by NRS rapid changes in meta and its kind of a toss up because we have no clue what they will be doing with the game. It'll either grow or it'll be like MK9 and just have its own audience.

People getting all out of sorts about multiple patches kinda bothers me. I feel like the attitude that what ships is golden and shouldn't be touched until people "figure things out" is antiquated and assumes what ships is done right. No new game is balanced out of the gate. They can put out a game with bad design decisions in it, and not realize til shortly after it ships.

It's only been 3 months since the game came out, and characters are still being released. Tourney players want time to figure it out, but don't the developers know their game enough to have a grace period to tweak things out of whack with how they see their game being played or quickly realize they bad some bad design choices? There will be plenty of time to learn the nuances of a game that's not gonna get tweaked. Generally it's less than a year when they've moved on to other stuff and there's no chance to fix anything.

Just let the developers tweak early while content is still being released. Just because it was released doesn't mean it doesn't need changes. Give it time to tweak and when the dust settles you'll have years to play an untouched game. I think the issue with this mentality is that these people aren't giving the developers enough credit that they know what's good for their game.

Thank you.

The FGC, like the traditional fighting devs (Japanese) are held back in a lot of ways by traditions based on limitations.

I wish more would look to other competitively played genres (the PC space) for inspiration in providing constant support and content addition instead of antiquated "versions" or expansions.

I'm looking forward to hopefully free patches for devs next gen.

The Light

Not like the patches have changed the game majorly.

Edit*
People do have a point about the early patching problem though. With them patching with basically every dlc release nothing has enough time to be figured out which could lead to problems down the line that won't be fixed. Also I'm worried about them not patching the game anymore once they're done selling dlc like they did with MK.

J-Tier

People getting all out of sorts about multiple patches kinda bothers me. I feel like the attitude that what ships is golden and shouldn't be touched until people "figure things out" is antiquated and assumes what ships is done right. No new game is balanced out of the gate. They can put out a game with bad design decisions in it, and not realize til shortly after it ships.

I agree with you. People have been pretending like the changes have been excessive. It's kind of stupid. "Let us wait until the game no longer draws a profit, then we cry about a patch!"

I agree with "letting the game rock" to an extent, but what NRS is doing has been far from meta-destroying. I feel like the majority of those commenters are simply guys making arbitrary-biased observations and don't even own the game.

Xevren

I'm genuinely curious what folks think the bigger issues are. I was hoping we'd get some good discussions on TYM but that place just went kind of crazy tonight.

Ideally I would love to see some tweaks to interactables, a bit of a damage nerf would be nice. I wish characters with advancing strings (like Supes f23 and Black Adams b23) had a weakness to them. They're so good to get in and it can be way too hard to even whiff punish in some instances. Hell in Black Adam's case the hit box on both attacks are nuts! I'd like something like the way Green Lanterns b1 chains work, because you can backdash in between the b1 to 2 or 3 and punish.

Khezu

Some slowed down gifs of MMH's stretchy animations. Slowed down they look both cool and silly. The third gif, I'm pretty sure is actually just one combo string, which is kinda crazy.

ibyFAC5wa0KeHr.gif

iDnm3V0jRhX9J.gif

ib2Gk5x4XTmoYJ.gif

igLxLGE2zvu24.gif

J-Tier

Some slowed down gifs of MMH's stretchy animations. Slowed down they look both cool and silly. The third gif, I'm pretty sure is actually just one combo string, which is kinda crazy.

Third gif is my fav. I love that flipkick overhead, then looping underneath like that. Looks so bizarre/cool. (Also, Injustice probably gave them a ton of new mechanics/skills that they could use in their future fighting games).

Kizer

say what you will about their animation abilities, but NR has done excellent jobs making move sets for these characters.

The patch situation is tough because I understand both sides.

"Modern games have frequent fixes and balance changes that you need to get used to"

or

"Why bother playing this character/game when stuff is changing in two weeks?"

Both sides have valid arguments but to be honest I'm still on the side of less frequent updates as it just turns people away from getting invested with a character and the game. It's a stigma of NRS games now (weird that frequent patches and support is a stigma, I know, but it is what it is). Didn't Tokido say something about not liking how MK9 or Injustice was "made to be updated" or something? Call it old or antiquated thinking, but players of that caliber who excel in multiple games choosing not to play this is very unfortunate.

I could use some help. I recently got this game and I am really digging it. I downloaded the mobile app so that I could get the free skin (I think it was the Flash).... but I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to unlock extra skins. Is there a way to play the game as certain people to unlock skins? I know you can purchase skins from the playstation store... but surely there are skins that can be unlocked by playing the game. I tried searching online, but it does not make a lot of sense to me. Any help woudl be awesome. Thanks!

Go to the Archives and scroll to the rightmost section and unlock them with the red Armory key cards you get by playing and leveling up in all modes. There are other unlock conditions for a few non-story mode costumes as well.

Top Bottom