• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

vg260

Both sides have valid arguments but to be honest I'm still on the side of less frequent updates as it just turns people away from getting invested with a character and the game. It's a stigma of NRS games now (weird that frequent patches and support is a stigma, I know, but it is what it is). Didn't Tokido say something about not liking how MK9 or Injustice was "made to be updated" or something? Call it old or antiquated thinking, but players of that caliber who excel in multiple games choosing not to play this is very unfortunate.

I agree with the frequent patching thing to an extent, but I think it's ignoring some of the unfortunate realities of game development and continued support. I feel like a lot of the tourney players couldn't care less about the overall balance of a game or the game as a whole because they will always gravitate toward the top 2-3 characters that give them the best odds to win anyway.

I agree with the frequent patching thing to an extent, but I think it's ignoring some of the unfortunate realities of game development and continued support. I feel like a lot of the tourney players couldn't care less about the overall balance of a game or the game as a whole because they will always gravitate toward the top 2-3 characters that give them the best odds to win anyway.

I understand the there is only a limited amount of time before a developer is forced to abandon a game due to release schedules, budgetary concerns and marketing plans for future projects. But I also don't think filling that allotted few months/year with frequent patches does the game any service for its long term reputation and for community growth and attitude. Nobody wants to figure stuff out anymore, they just want nerfs and buffs. It's a double-edged sword. Love that NRS is attentive but they've got to let the community figure stuff out. Especially when a game is brand new and all eyes are on it.

vg260

I understand the there is only a limited amount of time before a developer is forced to abandon a game due to release schedules, budgetary concerns and marketing plans for future projects. But I also don't think filling that allotted few months/year with frequent patches does the game any service for its long term reputation and for community growth and attitude. Nobody wants to figure stuff out anymore, they just want nerfs and buffs. It's a double-edged sword. Love that NRS is attentive but they've got to let the community figure stuff out. Especially when a game is brand new and all eyes are on it.

Yeah, it's tricky, but what if a lot of the changes are ones where they realized, "yeah, we gave this too much damage, or don't like how a property is used" Maybe a lot of this stuff was already thought about or debated internally, and only took a little time to see they were wrong. Again, I think it doesn't give the developers the benefit of the doubt that they thought through a lot of it already.

Get Your Anime On.

557603_575441362508483_533302592_n.jpg

I saw on ign a bit ago where Ed Boone posted on twitter about tomorrow being plastic day. This tweet was a few days old, so I was curious if anything else has been mentioned since.

shaowebb

God DAMN Hawkgirl is looking good lately. All her stuff even on block is generally only about -2 and with her insane 6 frame low she can still beat a lot of folks there. She's got wing cancels to most stuff, her pressure can start from anything anywhere on screen even on block, her wake up wing evade options are great, Great damage midscreen and enormous corner damage that while not Superman great is close enough to get it done in one sitting. Great super, go behinds out the ass for dirty setups, its just...how is she not used yet?

Only thing I see is that certain zoners can ruffle her feathers. Is this really a case that zoning is so strong you aren't viable unless you are great at full screen pressure? Is okay fullscreen pressure not enough?

Im just confused right now, because she feels so good.

Slurmer

Banned
God DAMN Hawkgirl is looking good lately. All her stuff even on block is generally only about -2 and with her insane 6 frame low she can still beat a lot of folks there. She's got wing cancels to most stuff, her pressure can start from anything anywhere on screen even on block, her wake up wing evade options are great, Great damage midscreen and enormous corner damage that while not Superman great is close enough to get it done in one sitting. Great super, go behinds out the ass for dirty setups, its just...how is she not used yet?

Only thing I see is that certain zoners can ruffle her feathers. Is this really a case that zoning is so strong you aren't viable unless you are great at full screen pressure? Is okay fullscreen pressure not enough?

Im just confused right now, because she feels so good.

I feel like sinestro crushes her in their matchup

Xevren

She has shitty mid screen damage, sure you can win via hit and running but if you're playing against a character who can dish out damage all of that is null and void if they hit you once. Also, it sucks ass fighting against someone that can knock you out of the air. Fighting GL is the worst.

TP17

I thought this was a PS3 exclusive for some reason even despite watching the odd stream here and there on twitch. Realised it wasn't by reading this thread during EVO though and bought it today, haven't played a fighting game since Tekken3 on the PS1. That superhero pull.

Also stole one of the first post pics for avatar.

shaowebb

Anyone here play Shazam? I see next to no activity out of the guy and I really wanted him to be good. Sadly I can't get into his grabs. Anyone able to just explain his ins and outs to me?

Unless they unlock alternate costumes for them, I don't give a shit.

In fact, I'm angry that some costumes are already locked behind these crappy minigames that could have been cut for more story mode cutscenes. Just let me buy Shazam 52/Scuba Flash/etc.

J-Tier

In fact, I'm angry that some costumes are already locked behind these crappy minigames that could have been cut for more story mode cutscenes. Just let me buy Shazam 52/Scuba Flash/etc.

This. Just let me buy them. It has been such an uphill battle doing them, and I don't have the same level of patience that those who beat them all have. What frustrates me is that many of them don't really require skill, but are based on random factors and plain luck. They are difficult for the sake of being difficult, and not fun. Wasted assets.

Xevren

At least Shazam's wasn't too hard to get. No real desire to play through them all for the others though.

Cipher

Most of them are pretty easy, just takes time.

I doubt they will come with costumes, but there is a small chance it will come with new hero card stuff.

I was really bummed when Lobo came out and no new hero card stuff came with it. Maybe with these missions they'll also add the dlc characters to the model viewer in the archives.

vg260

Ditto. Even though, I unlocked them all. Waste of time and not fun. I do love Flash's though. GOTY edition better have these unlocked.

TDLink

Now that comic-con is underway, when are we supposed to find out more about Injustice? Is there a panel for Injustice and/or WB games and if so what day?

Khezu

Now that comic-con is underway, when are we supposed to find out more about Injustice? Is there a panel for Injustice and/or WB games and if so what day?

Doesn't seem like it.

We got another trailer for ami come skins, and the info about the star labs stuff.

Boon is only their for the MK legacy stuff.

Ryce

For what it's worth, the Spanish Injustice Facebook account says there will be a second season pass.

Federico Blasco Gomez: Do we know if there will be a season pass 2? Or will we have to buy the characters one by one?
Injustice: There will be a second season pass.

I started to play Lex Luthor last night for a good 5 games. I didn't really know what I was doing. All I know is that his j.H is godlike (and crosses up), and I like his shield. Can someone give me a bullet point list of tips and tricks?

Oh yeah, and why the hell are throws L+H in this game?!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I started to play Lex Luthor last night for a good 5 games. I didn't really know what I was doing. All I know is that his j.H is godlike (and crosses up), and I like his shield. Can someone give me a bullet point list of tips and tricks?

Oh yeah, and why the hell are throws L+H in this game?!

Steal stuff from Fab. He's the only good Lex player I'm aware of.

http://youtu.be/jUCKX5BnjIo?t=1m24s

And yeah the way grabs are in this game makes the controls confusing at first

Grecco

I decided to start learning Superman in addition to batman who i main

is F 2 3 F2 Meter burn ice breath B 3 J 3 F2 3 his main bnb that i should learn?

Xevren

I decided to start learning Superman in addition to batman who i main

is F 2 3 F2 Meter burn ice breath B 3 J 3 F2 3 his main bnb that i should learn?

f23, f23xx mb ice breathe, b3, j3 f2xx df1, 3xx bf3 is the fairly standard mid screen opener. Can do trait after first f23 if you want for more damage. Can go for air dash shenanigans after low scoop (do d3 after scoop) if you want as well.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hey, new to fighting games here. What's considered spamming and bad player etiquette?

I was getting my ass handed to me as expected, and my friend suggested I play as Aquaman. After a short time, I was on a long win streak that felt cheap just using his special moves, meter burns, interactive objects, and button mashing basic attacks as my move set and strategy.

My long term goal is to grasp and learn combos, the ins and outs, but my short term one is to add more characters to switch between. That will dilute things, but I'd still be using the same basic move set strat? I don't want to be cheap to play against.

Kizer

Hey, new to fighting games here. What's considered spamming and bad player etiquette?

I was getting my ass handed to me as expected, and my friend suggested I play as Aquaman. After a short time, I was on a long win streak that felt cheap just using his special moves, meter burns, interactive objects, and button mashing basic attacks as my move set and strategy.

My long term goal is to grasp and learn combos, the ins and outs, but my short term one is to add more characters to switch between. That will dilute things, but I'd still be using the same basic move set strat? I don't want to be cheap to play against.

The term "cheap" has no meaning here. The people who cry of "cheapness" are frustrated because they can not get past your strategy. Usually it is because their own stubbornness will not let them change up their approach or their lack of experience makes the possible seem impossible.

Bad Etiquette is blaming your losses on the other player. It is sending them rage mail because you couldn't think to jump over a projectile or block it. It is also gloating your win and being rude in general. Playing to the best of your ability and playing to win is never bad etiquette.

Play to win.

shaowebb

If someone can't deal with losing to the same thing over and over again then the fault lies with them not with you. A key thing in fighting games is quite simply playing to win at all costs. You do them no favors by giving them advantages to inflate their egos falsely. Play well and they can grow with you as they try to overcome your tactics.
Once you've picked a character to get some combos there are some lists over at TYM and character specific boards loaded with information on things you can use as a quick reference to speed things along. I'm on both boards along with several others here so no matter where you prefer to hang out and post we'll try to be able to help you.

Bleepey

I love watching people who engage in silliness with projectiles. Lex, Cyborg, Cyrax, Zod. Especially Lex. Say what you will about the NRS team's animation, when it comes to designing characters' movesets they are pretty damn good at it.

Ryce

Black Canary's in the new Arrow season 2 teaser trailer. Coupled with the leaked concept art, I really think she'll be DLC.

Top Bottom