• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

shaowebb

Since there is not a lot of activity for this game here on GAF as compared to other boards I thought I'd ask a few questions so we could share some stuff.

What 3 characters do you play the most and why?

What 3 characters are you the most curious about exploring and why?

For me...

• MOST PLAYED
  • Bane-Armor blasting through everything and wakeup suffocation excites me
  • Hawkgirl-her pressure and damage are really intense. Everything she does is just plain cancel tastic offense
  • Batgirl-resets, absolute air control, and vortex pressure. A girl for all lovers of in your face damage

• MOST CURIOUS ABOUT EXPLORING
  • Shazam-The range on his grabs and B2 are just super fun. His neutral game is just insane and anyone with this many grabs in a single combo is cool by me. Plus his character makes me laugh.
  • Lobo-Jesus this guy got good. Dat range, dat double nuke punish damage, and his grab linking together stuff is fun.
  • Martian Manhunter-I really dig his teleports and grab.

I currently main Bane/Hawkgirl and dabble with Batgirl. However, I love grabs and reset characters so I'm sort of exploring several folks. Shazam is quickly becoming fun in spite of my dpad.

stn

I play Deathstroke the most, he's the only character I've really put time into. I tried Zod at the beginning but heard that he was much more technical, hence I moved to DS for a simpler character. Once I become more advanced in Injustice I'll give another look at Zod. Also, Bane has my interest since I heard he has very easy execution requirements.

Since there is not a lot of activity for this game here on GAF as compared to other boards I thought I'd ask a few questions so we could share some stuff.

• Most Played

[*]Grundy - I picked him out ever since he was revealed. I just love those crazy chain throws that give buffs in whatever situation I need. He's also my first grappler main.

[*]Lobo - Character loyalty. I absolutely love Lobo, and he was just an instant main for me wheather he was really good, or lame. I'd make it work. Then the patch came, and everything became better. :3

[*]Deathstroke - Mostly just think he's a fun character to use. I can't get myself to zone, do I go as a rushdown most of the time. Occasionally i'll shoot like two times then go in.

• More Curious About Exploring

Zatanna - She has sooo much options its crazy. My interest grew from just that alone. And I hope to figure her out more, then I could use her more down the line.

Green Arrow - I haven't been keeping up with him, but when I went against a player online. Cancelling moves into his arrow, going in on me. Making moves safe. Holy shit, my mind was blown. Haha.

Reserved - I'll come back to it later!

• MOST PLAYED
  • Cyborg- Really like the character (I like all my mains actually), and enjoy his mix of solid keepaway as well as his close quarter stuff, like his command grab and uppercut.
  • Raven- She reminds me of Ermac with her telekinesis abilities, and it's just plain fun to throw people around from a distance.
  • Martian Manhunter- I just love the different versions of his special moves, and to me he's the character who can adapt to the most situations.

• MOST CURIOUS ABOUT EXPLORING
  • Shazam- Tried him in training mode just after launch and enjoyed using him, but couldn't apply anything to an actual match. Hopefully the patch, which I've not tried yet, has made him more viable.
  • Catwoman- Not a huge fan of the character, but her gameplay is pretty fun. I love characters who have quick multistrike hits.
  • Batman- I have the Batman of the Future suit and I'll be damned if I don't get decent with him.

Flash'd be my 4th most played, and Lex my 4th most curious.

ReiGun

Most Played:

Wonder Woman - She's my favorite DC character and her focus on footsies and the mid range game is right up my alley.

Aquaman - Another DC fave and dude is actually really fun to play.

Green Arrow - I just wanted to use the Arrow skin. :p In truth, I'm straight garbage with him. lol

Most Curious:

Harley Quinn - Looks like she's a lot of fun to play.

Lex Luthor - I think I could be really good with Luthor if I labbed it up with him. I like his playstyle.

The Flash - The swaggiest character in the game, far as I'm concerned. I'm going to learn this motherfucker.

I haven't played in a while, actually. Might fire the game up tonight since I'm in a pretty good mood.

Khezu

Green Arrow - I just wanted to use the Arrow skin. :p In truth, I'm straight garbage with him. lol

I have the same problem.

When ever I watch Arrow it makes me want to use him in the game, but as a character he never really clicked with me. I always feel awkward with him and do poorly. Rely way to much on D1 xx Ice Arrow.

Xevren

Most Played:

Nightwing: Ever since the game came out I keep putting more and more time into him, and I do the best with him too. Very fun character.

Zod: Guy is just a monster, love doing trait combo's so much. If I were smart I'd just main him straight up instead of Nightwing.

Bane: Even before the big patch I thought he was good. Not surprised others are finally seeing it, fun to just toss people around.

At this point I've put time into everyone. The only characters I'd like to put more time into to become better with are Lex and Zatanna.

Mr Goldenmyer

Neo Member
Whenever I play I put ALL my time into Green Arrow, I probably wouldn't be playing this game much if he wasn't in the game. His playstyle just connects with me perfectly. He is seriously the funnest character I've mained. I think his super resets are some of the dirtiest things ever.

I mess around with Batgirl every now and again because she's a serious nut but, besides her I really want to put some time into the Flash, he was suppose to be my main at launch but I didn't understand him much, but since I have a better grasp of the game now I think I'll be able to do work with him.

J-Tier

Most played:

Green Lantern: I love his play style, and his combos feel so natural to me.

Raven: First character I picked up, and I still use her-- and am still decent with her.

Black Adam: Second character I picked up. I used to main him, but after realizing how incredibly easy/OP he is, I dropped him for GL.

Most Curious:

Joker: I would love to master this guy, I gave him a shot once and it was an uphill battle.

Harley Quinn: Same as the Joker.

Martian Manhunter: I'm decent with him, but I've yet to fully explore his potential.

Hawkgirl: One of my favorite characters from the animated series. I tried her once and the play style just didn't jive with me. I might give her another chance in the future, because she's my potential main if I DO get good.

dubq

Is there any info about it aside from it including all of the DLC? Like, will the textures be a higher resolution, etc. Thinking of double-dipping, but I want to see what kind of visual improvements were made, if any.

vg260

Is there any info about it aside from it including all of the DLC? Like, will the textures be a higher resolution, etc. Thinking of double-dipping, but I want to see what kind of visual improvements were made, if any.

Nope. Just the screenshots on Steam, but MK PC should be a good barometer for the PC. They've said nothing about PS4 .

shaowebb

As soon as its affordable to do so I want to double dip for PC. If the modders get model unpackers working before that day I'll hit someone up for files so I can go ahead and get to work on Raven's facelift in Zbrush.

vg260

As soon as its affordable to do so I want to double dip for PC. If the modders get model unpackers working before that day I'll hit someone up for files so I can go ahead and get to work on Raven's facelift in Zbrush.

I really want this at PC launch, but I could see GMG offering this for 50% off in about a month. I think this will be a tough sell for most people at $50 despite the content.

Sweet. Gamefly updated and I just put the PS4 version in my queue. Can't use a stick, but that should hold me.

Moaradin

I bought it for me and a friend. Pretty big gamble considering I don't know how the PC port is like :lol

Hopefully it's at least as good as the MK port.

vg260

PC version:
Greenmangaming has it for $44.99 -20% off code.
Amazon just listed it at $50.
Might be worth waiting to see if Amazon includes it in their Black Friday digital sales.

shaowebb

Major Money Match at NEC!

"$1,000 NEC Money Match, PLAYING TO W1N vs. Rico Suave!"

Its confirmed happening. Details on how many matches is still being discussed but this is gonna be big. For those thinking this is a free grand for Rico just remember that PLAYING TO W1N knocked Rico's Black Adam into Losers before the patch so this is going to be a wild ride.

Pig of the Hut said he will stream so expect some serious crazy shit here!

vg260

It's only for Ultimate Ed., as I think there's a pack in-card on the physical version and you need the Ultimate disc, I believe.

dubq

Yep. The next gen upgrades for $10 come on a slip inside the current gen game, with a code that you redeem in the online store.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Well, still nothing recent that I've seen for Ultimate on the new platforms, but the VIta copy I ordered says "shipping now" at Amazon.

When I pre-ordered the PS4 version at Gamestop, the clerk had no idea it was even listed and was initially trying to tell me it was a PS3 game.

vg260

Still waiting to hear PS4 info, the buy-up program in particular. Might be worth the $10 to pick up on PS3, even if not as pretty, depending on if sticks work on the PS4. Then again I also want the PC and Vita version. :/

Lyte Edge

Still waiting to hear PS4 info, the buy-up program in particular. Might be worth the $10 to pick up on PS3, even if not as pretty, depending on if sticks work on the PS4. Then again I also want the PC and Vita version. :/

PC is the version I'm skeptical about, after how MK turned out. MK PC's online play is awful and it was a wasteland the last time I tried it out over the summer. :/

Moaradin

When is the Ultimate Edition coming out on PC? Steam has said it was the 12th for a while, but the coming soon section is showing the 29th. Which is correct?

PC is the version I'm skeptical about, after how MK turned out. MK PC's online play is awful and it was a wasteland the last time I tried it out over the summer. :/
Yeah I have a bad feeling in my gut about it.

There are people who play MK online, you just have to fiddle with Steam servers to see them. However as you said, the netcode is utter trash. I tried it the other day and lagged in all my matches.

Lyte Edge

So is anyone or has anyone picked up the Vita version?

Just got it, but I'm at work and only have had a few minutes to mess around in training mode. I also have to preface this by saying that there's no wireless connection to check for any software updates available.

And I mention this because while the game is 60 FPS, I'm seeing noticeable drops on some stages. Nothing game-breaking, but still noticeable.

The game is definitely not native-res, but the visuals are noticeably-better than Mortal Kombat's. Don't think we're going to be getting "LOL PS1" comments this time around.

Aside from the visual stuff...everything is intact. All the extras including outfits are unlocked from the start. The game also comes with a code to download Injustice: The Album.

vg260

Yeesh. What going on with this and the MK port? WB needs to re-contract HV to patch these all in one go.

I'm scared about the PS4 version netcode now.

Lyte Edge

Only just now trying online. The first match I played was pretty smooth- certainly much better than what I played of MK PC and what it sounds like Injustice PC is like. There's no lobbies, though- just Ranked, Player, and Private match options.

Regarding the visuals it looks like I got fooled a bit. I'd still say that Injustice certainly looks better than Mortal Kombat did on Vita, but some of the super moves increase the amount of character detail (it appears that the frame rate drops to 30 to allow this?) quite a bit. It's pretty noticeable.

Superman up close during his super:

Tfh1PLH.jpg

Superman at the end of his super move. Note that Doomsday already has less detail in comparison:

EL3rogq.jpg

Superman after the super move animation has completely finished, back to how he appears outside of intro/win poses and his super:

hPHHHeI.jpg

Some other screens showing the varying detail levels during matches.

DZf6wVX.jpg
jdq32yO.jpg

VaFzluX.jpg
AAtiTsk.jpg

hrvQxbs.jpg
doLhfZl.jpg

YdAtAgz.jpg

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Got this on ps3 and tried to use the code for the digital upgrade for ps4 but it's coming up invalid. Anyone else have the same problem?

Top Bottom