• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Nemesis_

I try to login to the Injustice website (Ryse has offered me the skins) but once I do I get the option to choose a Username, and a country. I do that and then it just moves me back to the login screen :/

Does anyone know what this problem might be?

(Also, how long does it take to unlock the costumes in the iOS App, I might try doing it myself considering my account struggles :/)

Calibur

khzQTmz.jpg

With Ryce's blessing I will be offering the 5 Injustice iOS game Alternate Costumes for the console version to all those who want it! These are Knightfall Bane, Batman Beyond, New 52 Green Lantern, and Arkham Harley. Be sure to thank Ryce for initially offering the same unlocks earlier today.

This will be done by entering your WBID details into my finished iOS game with all 5 costumes unlocked which transfers the unlocks onto your account. Simply create/have a WBID and send me your login info of WBID name, email and password through a PM. I will only accept PMs for the next 10 minutes as I don't want to get too flooded (PMs only valid if sent before 7pm PST/10PM EST). I originally wanted to time this with the stream but hey at least it's something to tide you guys over until release day in a few hours.

This is the 5th skin, which is a SPOILER for the story mode, so be warned. You may want to wait when you get the full game to enter your WBID until you finish story mode as the costumes popup with a picture when you link your console tag and WBID.

WARNING: I've read reports that this may stop you from unlocking stuff for the iOS game. The console unlocks work but the iOS unlocks may get messed up. But since you're getting all 5 possible costumes it shouldn't matter. Also, future patches may do funky things and I can't take responsibility for that. Just FYI.

I probably won't get to all of the requests tonight but as long as I received your PM within the next 10 minutes I will get to you.

Edit: Time's up! I'll start working my way down the list in a little bit but rest assured I'll get to you. I may do this again sometime tomorrow for release day.

I'm just hoping my phone has the ability to send PMs properly through m.neogaf.com because my sent folder looks empty! :/

SGRemy

Got to play my friends early copy for a few hours. Really digging Harley and Selena. One thing that irritated me was that I turned off negative edge...and still had negative edge -_- I would be inputting (sf controls) halfcircle forward 1 with Selena and I would get quartercircle forward 1.....which is definitely not wat I would ever want. I'm not a masher, so its not that. Dunno wats up with that...

Darkrider

So, I've not been following this game until VERY recently, but I'm somewhat intrigued. How would you guys who've played it describe the feel of the combat?

/edit

Is there another game that it compares closely to?

Orca

I try to login to the Injustice website (Ryse has offered me the skins) but once I do I get the option to choose a Username, and a country. I do that and then it just moves me back to the login screen :/

Does anyone know what this problem might be?

(Also, how long does it take to unlock the costumes in the iOS App, I might try doing it myself considering my account struggles :/)

I had to use Chrome to log in and update info. Haven't connected the game to it yet - it kept failing to create an id at all in the in-game system, so I had to use the browser instead.

Karak

So the review embargo is up at midnight, I presume?

Supposedly tomorrow at 6am. I posted mine early to Youtube and they appear to have stopped erasing our videos. But the IGN style websites is probably tomorrow at 6am. That's what one of the devs told a peep on another board.

Karak

So, I've not been following this game until VERY recently, but I'm somewhat intrigued. How would you guys who've played it describe the feel of the combat?

/edit

Is there another game that it compares closely to?

Here is a video that I made to describe it a bit.

Video with me cussing a bit

Redband review

Less cussing
Normal review

Honestly I really feel that it is just a polished MK game. It feels great, works well and the its honestly the first superhero game that felt like I was playing as superheroes. It does feel a lot like past Mortal Kombat games but the powers and abilities of these characters really changes the way it flows. It also benefits from not having the normal MK characters in there which the past game seemed to.

eggwolio

Is an OT the appropriate place to trade pre-order bonuses? I've got an extra red son code for both systems and was hoping to trade for a blackest night code from best buy and an arkham code from wal-mart, both for PS3.

Getting so pissed trying to get through the batch of stages for the Injustice iOS game. It is so bad. There ends up being this difficultly spike right at the end that is completely unfair. Seriously, it seems next to impossible to get through without spending money. And I'm not talking about a few bucks. You would have to buy multiple of the same gold tier cards so you can level each one to max elite rank.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Getting so pissed trying to get through the batch of stages for the Injustice iOS game. It is so bad. There ends up being this difficultly spike right at the end that is completely unfair. Seriously, it seems next to impossible to get through without spending money. And I'm not talking about a few bucks. You would have to buy multiple of the same gold tier cards so you can level each one to max elite rank.

This is why I had no shame cheating the game. You can clone your characters and skip time ahead to bypass the energy refills.

Gleethor

Everybody needs to politely ask ed boon's twitter whether or not the Wii U v is getting DLC. Game releases tonight and we still don't have an answer from the devs, people need to know what they're buying.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Supposedly tomorrow at 6am. I posted mine early to Youtube and they appear to have stopped erasing our videos. But the IGN style websites is probably tomorrow at 6am. That's what one of the devs told a peep on another board.

Would you mind posting a link to your review? I'm getting the game regardless, but I enjoy watching reviews haha

Edit: it seems you already posted it!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How do you do that? What do I need to google?

It's extremely easy, just clear your team and put the character you want in the left, then middle, then right. Leave the person in the right slot and back out, and it will clone it across all three. It also gives them 3x experience, and costs 3x as much energy. For the time thing just go into the settings and move the time ahead an hour or two, and it will refill everyone.

Karak

Would you mind posting a link to your review? I'm getting the game regardless, but I enjoy watching reviews haha
Edited:)

I am super excited to see what the big names think of this. It is fun as hell which matters to me the most. I can't wait to see what they think.

Kizer

I don't like to be that guy who says "Character x,y,z was a wasted slot" because it's such an arrogant position to take. Like my character is worth more than yours because I like them or whatever. That being said, man, fuck Lobo.

J-Tier

I don't like to be that guy who says "Character x,y,z was a wasted slot" because it's such an arrogant position to take. Like my character is worth more than yours because I like them or whatever. That being said, man, fuck Lobo.

In the whole "scheme" of the DC Universe, Lobo is Killer Frost tier in terms of significance.

Regardless, this'll probably bring the guy back into the limelight. I just wished that MMH was a safe bet. Now I'm a tad worried.

Gleethor

Psyched about Lobo but not so psyched if that means batgirl, ivy and scorpion. None of those three belong in this game over j'onn.

J-Tier

Psyched about Lobo but not so psyched if that means batgirl, ivy and scorpion. None of those three belong in this game over j'onn.

Yeah, I'm super worried about MMH. I already assumed that he wasn't a part of the original cast because animating his stretchy moves would be near impossible for them (it was difficult for Capcom to do Dhalsim in SF4). I was hoping he'd get announced first so that I could just chill and let anyone else who gets in ride on by. But now...shit...

Gleethor

Yeah, I'm super worried about MMH. I already assumed that he wasn't a part of the original cast because animating his stretchy moves would be near impossible for them (it was difficult for Capcom to do Dhalsim in SF4). I was hoping he'd get announced first so that I could just chill and let anyone else who gets in ride on by. But now...shit...

I mean even then they could just not have him stretch. He never did that in the JL animated series which is where many people know him from. I'd rather have him in minus one ability than not have him at all.

Ken

I don't get this execute bounce cancel thing in the tutorial. XX backdash+RT. Batman just backdashes and hides behind his cape?

Nevermind, apparently I had to change stances? How does flipping stances work?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Edited:)

I am super excited to see what the big names think of this. It is fun as hell which matters to me the most. I can't wait to see what they think.

Enjoyed your review - I'm glad that the story mode is awesome and that this game seems to be at least on par with the newest Mortal Kombat's gameplay systems. DC seems to be on a roll with its video games (the Arkham games are definitely the best superhero video games out there and this seems to be one of the better fighting games because I consider the newest MK to be one of the best as well).

Karak

Man this story mode is godlike. Crazy plot twist and corny one liners everywhere. DC fans will eat this up :lol

Yep. So good I played it twice. It wasn't hyperbole when I said that it was something that made me, a non comic book fan, interested in comics all of a sudden.

Enjoyed your review - I'm glad that the story mode is awesome and that this game seems to be at least on par with the newest Mortal Kombat's gameplay systems. DC seems to be on a roll with its video games (the Arkham games are definitely the best superhero video games out there and this seems to be one of the better fighting games because I consider the newest MK to be one of the best as well).

Thanks! I am always trying to get better but I am a fan of games not someone paid:) So I can overuse the word awesome! I agree that this is even better than the last MK and they do appear to be on a big roll.

J-Tier

I mean even then they could just not have him stretch. He never did that in the JL animated series which is where many people know him from. I'd rather have him in minus one ability than not have him at all.

I hope he's in and has a super move that pays homage to Liu Kang's dragon Fatality.

Gleethor

KwjPQV8h.jpg

So back of the box confirms DLC for Wii U version at the last minute, and here I was about to go buy the ps3 version. Well that's a relief.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo

Yeah, MMH is my favorite Justice League member, so I'm a bit worried, too. If they can provide MMH and one of the following: Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, or Captain Atom.

The only character not transferred over from MK vs DC is Darkseid, so he may end up being one of the characters added in. I'd rather see Brainiac or Parasite to change things up if they end up adding another Superman villain. For Bizarro, give Superman his costume alt and that would be okay addition.

I'm a bit sad that Flash doesn't have a villain in the game and Captain Cold is out of the question, so I would be okay with Gorilla Grodd getting a shot in the game. Same idea applies to Aquaman -- I wouldn't mind if they added in Black Manta to throw in one of his villains.

I do not want anymore Batman characters: Catwoman, Bane, Nightwing, The Joker, and Harley Quinn are enough. They need to let the DC universe outside of Batman and his rogues gallery get face time. Where's Swamp Thing? What about Constantine? If they are going to the depths of the roster to pull out Killer Frost, then I'd like for more variety rather than another Batman character added in.

Top Bottom