• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Kizer

How confident in your source are you? I'd love for this to be true, but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

They haven't given me any reason to doubt them in the past, if I am being honest. That being said, I'd still take it with a grain of salt. I do think both characters are very much probable, for what that is worth.

Dude Abides

Banned
Do you still get an L if your opponent quits? I am somehow holding my own with GL - though I lose to anyone with a modicum of skill - but if I play someone who absolutely doesn't know what he's doing at all I'll just spam the lift. Then they quit.

Can someone help me translate this please? This is an Aquaman combo, thanks.

2,2~Trident, b.1,2~Scoop, 2,2~Trident Toss is the most damaging I've seen without meter. Sacrifice a point or so to end with 2,2,3 for forward splat or f.2,1+3 for opposite splat, as with any other combo

I don't understand what the "," "~" and "." translate to.

SuperBonk

Do you still get an L if your opponent quits? I am somehow holding my own with GL - though I lose to anyone with a modicum of skill - but if I play someone who absolutely doesn't know what he's doing at all I'll just spam the lift. Then they quit.

Yes I believe you do. Not sure what happens with disconnects though.

Anybody else have problems viewing their online "Hero Card"? It just gets stuck on the retrieving info screen.

demolitio

Now I remember why I had to quit most fighting games. Nerve damage in my hands plus painkillers slowing my reaction time down = not many successful combos...lol

Still a fun game regardless.

so i linked my ios wbid ingame, but no costumes unlocked. what gives?

I've been trying repeatedly to link my WBID with no success apart from unlocking the New 52 Flash costume. I have all of the costumes unlocked via progress on the app as well. Frustrating to say the least because the WBID seems to have absolutely no other purpose.

mine took me a couple of fights/entering exiting game modes before they unlocked on the main menu

the WBID is kind of broken in a non offensive way. i have random things in the ios game that wont unlock even though I have the prerequisites for them

like, Im level 40, I beat the story mode and about half of the star labs missions

in the ios game I have the achievement for beating the game but not the level 25 one or the one for "play the console version once"

Jagxyz

Man some of these star labs missions are gonna be bitch to 3 star. Beat Grundy without using grenades? 4 hit juggle combo on a catwoman who can 1 shot you?

SuperBonk

Not very well versed in fighting game lexicon myself, but I believe the "," represents a string so 2,2 would be Aquaman's medium, medium string.

The " ~" I think represents a cancel meaning you can cancel into a special move from a string. So 2,2~trident would mean just hit the input for Aquaman's trident move right after you do the medium, medium string.

The "." just represents directional normal moves/strings, so f.1,2 would be Aquaman's forward light, medium string.

So something like f.1,2~Scoop would be forward light, medium cancel into Scoop.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I can say I'm glad Cat Woman's design turned out the way it did. The original concept art for her is SO FUCKING HORRIBLE GOD DAMN WTF?

Have an extra copy of injustice with ps3 wal mart pre order content and a copy of mk vs dc but im too lazy to mail it otherwise id give it away

I'll take it off your hands. :3

Edit: Anybody want to go a couple of rounds? I want to try my Solomon online. Even though the connection might suck. >.<

It may take a few tries of entering and reentering the ID and going in and out of menus/fights. Back out all the way into the main menu/reset the game way help as well.

Also as people have said the servers are wonky. Just keep trying and eventually you'll get them once everything syncs up.

Not very well versed in fighting game lexicon myself, but I believe the "," represents a string so 2,2 would be Aquaman's medium, medium string.

The " ~" I think represents a cancel meaning you can cancel into a special move from a string. So 2,2~trident would mean just hit the input for Aquaman's trident move right after you do the medium, medium string.

The "." just represents directional normal moves/strings, so f.1,2 would be Aquaman's forward light, medium string.

So something like f.1,2~Scoop would be forward light, medium cancel into Scoop.

Thanks! That was a huge help, I can seemingly make sense of the combo now. This is the first fighting game I've wanted to learn competitively, the terms being thrown out around here at the moment are beyond me. Thanks again!

If anyone playing on PS3 in the US (preferably west but I'm in CO so east is fine) wants to run some even skill matches with a mediocre Nightwing player hit me up. PSN is ColumnBreaker.

jmizzal

I love the game
only thing I wish they had was a tag match mode, where you can switch between fighters in a match they only do it vs the CPU in story mode and I think S.T.A.R.S.

KevinCow

Banned
Thanks! That was a huge help, I can seemingly make sense of the combo now. This is the first fighting game I've wanted to learn competitively, the terms being thrown out around here at the moment are beyond me. Thanks again!

The SRK wiki is a good resource for looking up those fighting game terms.

Though you'll occasionally see the fighting game community using a term that's not in there a lot, and that's because it was invented two days ago and the FGC latches onto memes like leeches, so it also helps to ask what the fuck people are talking about occasionally.

The SRK wiki is a good resource for looking up those fighting game terms.

Though you'll occasionally see the fighting game community using a term that's not in there a lot, and that's because it was invented two days ago and the FGC latches onto memes like leeches, so it also helps to ask what the fuck people are talking about occasionally.

Reading through this now. To be honest, I didn't even know what a 'cancel' was, so this is highly informative. Do you have any suggestions/recommendations for learning characters?

Ban Puncher

Shows up no problems on my PAL copy.

Getting the shit to work, now that's different story. Sometimes it works, other times it'll do jack shit.

EDIT: In the end I got sick of how fiddly it was and having to grind in the tedious iOS game so I just logged into someone else's WBID who had everything, unlocked all the skins on the console, then logged out and logged back in with my WBID. All the unlocks were kept - hooray!

sephi22

That's my BnB.
Medium, Medium, cancel into down back + medium, back+light, medium, cancelled into down back + light, medium, medium, cancelled into back, forward+medium

Shazam's punches are unblockable when he has his trait on

lololololol

No they are not. The 'unblockable' message in the training mode means the added lightning damage is unblockable, and they do extra chip when blocked.

I think it's funny that the Hawkman statue is the first thing to fall in the Hall of Justice Stage.

Because Hawkman says fuck this place.

K8hS5.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hawkman statue breaking is probably in there by Boone attempting to sabotage his image as much as possible. I am okay with this.

Steaks

Grundy is cool. Grundy smsah.

He's a pretty neat grappler. This game has like so much jank, but fuck if the gameplay designs aren't pretty awesome.

I don't think stage hazards should be allowed in tournaments. They are just way too powerful and will almost certainly make the game less active. They should be combo tools and used to fill in gaps, not as "theres literally no counter to this move in some situations". Would love if they were blockable, I wouldn't have an issue with them.

SuperBonk

I think the stage transitions are worse than the interactables. Animations are too long and they do a lot of unclashable damage. I feel like people will eventually figure out how to avoid/bait the interactables but then again they do seem to be a guaranteed 20% OTG (unless you can tech roll or wake up out of them, I'm not sure). It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

And goddamn the zoning is ridiculous in this game. I mainly play MK so I'm not used to back to block and I'm having a really difficult time getting in from full screen against Superman or Deathstroke. Hopefully that'll be solved with better timed and more fluid dashes but it does make it really satisfying when I actually do manage to get in.

Ken

What combos into Deathstroke's super?

I see 32312 does but the enemy always drops to the ground before the super hits.

Decided to start the story mode...4 hours later I beat it in 1 sitting. I wish all fighting games made story modes as good as netherrealms. Now time to continue beating ass online.

Tsukumo

Grundy is cool. Grundy smsah.

He's a pretty neat grappler. This game has like so much jank, but fuck if the gameplay designs aren't pretty awesome.

I don't think stage hazards should be allowed in tournaments. They are just way too powerful and will almost certainly make the game less active. They should be combo tools and used to fill in gaps, not as "theres literally no counter to this move in some situations". Would love if they were blockable, I wouldn't have an issue with them.

their damage can be tweaked, and they make zoning less of a problem if you sport a big+slow character. They actually balance the game, at least in terms of strategy.

Ferrio

Banned
52% combo for haley (Needs full meter)

j.2, b.2,2~qcb+3,1, b.3, j.2, 2, u.3~SUPER, b.1,2,1~qcf+1

Not very efficient since the supers damage is scaled down alot.

Looks nice though.

What combos into Deathstroke's super?

I see 32312 does but the enemy always drops to the ground before the super hits.

323 12 Super (works)
B1U2 Super

Edit: I'll figure more things out.

D2 Super (strict timing)
132 Dash 12 Super
132 j2 12 Super

Top Bottom