• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

TentPole

Okay I think I'll sell this game. I keep losing every single match. Everyone fights like a pro and I have no chance. I'm not able to block any attack and it's impossible for me to do good combos while I get beaten up.

Something just doesn't feel right online.
DOA 5 was fun (okay now it's dead online) but Injustice is not.

Maybe I keep it for the SP.

I am not great at fighting game either. We should try and get some beginners together and set up some games.

Solomon Grundy is too perfect for me, I'm loving it. I don't think he'll be top tier when all is said and done which is fine and his chain grabs are hype. Plus that armor dash cancel into whatever mixup you want is awesome. Nightwing is my next project as he's one of my favorite DC characters but I might pick up Cyborg as he's a bit under represented currently and I want that BOOYAH and BIONIC ARM+PROTON CANNON hype.

sephi22

nDjok39.jpg

Blocking is cheap guys. You heard it here first.
This Deathstroke player did the spinning sword move on wakeup every single time without fail. All I did was block it and punish with full combos.

He also said I have a fake record, and all the Aquaman, Superman and Green Lantern players are pussies. I don't even...

Ranked is full of bad players and worse attitudes

Walking forward and then blocking is so OP. The footsies in this game make me happy. :)

Anyway, today I am in London for the finals of the Injustice promotional tournament series. I will be fighting for the honour of GAF. And a TV.

The app worked, but the code didn't. Unlucky me, as usual.

In any case, there's a tourney in my area on Saturday, I kinda wanna enter it...but the only character I'm even decent with is Bats.

Im not sure why but I find the timing for doing combos in this game just feels off for me. I found MK9 was really easy but in this I feel like I either have to do inputs really fast or have a super small window to do them.

Khezu

Im not sure why but I find the timing for doing combos in this game just feels off for me. I found MK9 was really easy but in this I feel like I either have to do inputs really fast or have a super small window to do them.

Ya the cancel window on some strings seems really small, and it seems to vary for like everyone and every string.

Combos in MK9 were like the easiest thing in the world with a few rare exceptions, this seems a bit harder/awkward.

OMFG Hawkgirl's normals. Faced a Hawkgirl in ranked that knew what she was doing. How do you punish this chick?

I have no idea, I fought like two Hawkgirls and and it was nonsense, her flight mode is how Sindels levitate should have been in MK9 :/

I am having trouble against pokes in this game. D1 is killing me right now, I need to go to training and just make the ai d1 over and over.

Playing Green Arrow and I feel like its stuffing all my string attempts. I miss my nightwolfs F3.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Some combos are very easy and some seem very hard for weird reasons like you said, gonna take a lot to adjust.

One thing that is getting me right now is Aquaman's string of 1123. I'm trying to basically do 112 into the scoop but I have to actually input it as 1123 and do the db1 input to get it to cancel it. If I don't input the final part of the string it stops after 11.

KevinCow

Banned
So Deathstroke.

Let's take the character with the best zoning in the game, and also give him some of the best rushdown in the game!

Like, what. How do you even fight a competent Deathstroke? The scrubs who just spam the guns are no problem, but I'm talking the ones who convert an anti-air attack into a 50 hit combo and then proceed to lock you down in an unending series of overheads and low attacks.

Also I'm not sure if it's just because Hawkgirl is too slow, but it seems like there's not a single attack in the game that's not safe on block. Even supers seem to knock me too far away to make use of any frame advantage I might have.

I'm also just generally having trouble figuring out how I'm supposed to play Hawkgirl. Her projectile is too slow for any particularly great zoning, her mace attacks are too slow and lack the range to be very effective at close range, and she doesn't have the power or super armor frames to just plow through everything like the heavy guys. I like flying, but I have no idea what kind of character she's supposed to be. My most effective strategy is to just play keepaway by flying around and swoop in for pecks here and there.

Or maybe I could just choose a better character. Why am I so stubborn about sticking with weaker characters in fighting games?

Ken

So Deathstroke.

Let's take the character with the best zoning in the game, and also give him some of the best rushdown in the game!

Like, what. How do you even fight a competent Deathstroke? The scrubs who just spam the guns are no problem, but I'm talking the ones who convert an anti-air attack into a 50 hit combo and then proceed to lock you down in an unending series of overheads and low attacks.

What is this? I want to learn it.

Nudull

Banned
Have been doing some online matches, and I'm actually doing pretty decently, which is surprising given how bad I usually do in online fighting games. Even got my first rage mail. :3

Ferrio

Banned
Think I'm going to shelf harley. I don't think she's a bad character, but she has no way to get in reliably. I figure they did this cause they gave her zoning moves, unfortunately they're really really bad except for the bomb toss, so zoning with her is out of the question. Add the online factor, and it becomes frustrating. Even if she gets in, I don't feel her pressure is that great. If she does land a hit, she does really good damage.. but the combos are awkward to me and adding lag more so. Then to top it off, her trait is down right useless... if not extremely dangerous to use.

Oh well :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Think I'm going to shelf harley. I don't think she's a bad character, but she has no way to in in reliably. I figure they did this cause they gave her zoning moves, unfortunately they're really really bad except for the bomb toss, so zoning with her is out of the question. Add the online factor, and it becomes frustrating. Even if she gets in, I don't feel her pressure is that great. If she does land a hit, she does really good damage.. but the combos are awkward to me and adding lag more so. Then to top it off, her trait is down right useless... if not extremely dangerous to use.

Oh well :(

I think she has a ton of potential but she seems pretty technical. Probably just not a friendly character for week 1.

Ferrio

Banned
I think she has a ton of potential but she seems pretty technical. Probably just not a friendly character for week 1.

I feel like I'm fighting the combo system really, and a lot of her moves seem like they're useless. Maybe they're some hidden potential... who knows.. but I really question the usefulness of all her moves except play doctor, tantrum stance and cupcake bomb.

I mean for her bad moves:

Gun shots (all varients) - Fairly slow startup for a ranged attack, PITIFUL damage, and the EX is just a tiny fraction of extra damage... nothing else. The only gunshot worth using is the air but only as avoidance.

Pop Pop - LONG startup, easily punishable, chance of backfiring. The EX cancels the recovery frames.. which might have some use... but I doubt anyone will let you fire it off to even take advantage of it.

Silly Slide - A command dash with range slightly longer than her dash with no invulnerability, long recovery, and only can be canceled into her tantrum stance or super.

Good moves:

Tantrum stance. It's her bread and butter to her combos. It can also be used as a mix up tool, since two of the follow ups are mid, and one is low. But there's little reason to ever guess the low attack since it only does 5 damage, and the overhead up to 40%. So pretty much Tantrum is only good if your opponent doesn't know that OR you combo it.

Play Doctor: A command throw that does decent ending combo damage. I heard someone said it leads to mixups.. but since you and your opponent recovery at the exact same time.. I don't see how that's possible. So at most it's MEH unless someone can inform me otherwise.

CupCake Bomb: Great move imo. Long range, good arc against jump ins, faster starup than your anti air gun move. EX version does great damage and causes a bounce.

Jeez. Went against a Deathstroke, who would constantly do the jumping sword attack, dash to grab you, if it was pushed away, sword jump. Spam gun shots. I get in a few times with grundy for sure though.

wildfire

Banned
I have no idea, I fought like two Hawkgirls and and it was nonsense, her flight mode is how Sindels levitate should have been in MK9 :/

*drools*

That's good news. From what little I've seen of her she's going to blow up characters like Black Adam.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I feel like I'm fighting the combo system really, and a lot of her moves seem like they're useless. Maybe they're some hidden potential... who knows.. but I really question the usefulness of all her moves except play doctor, tantrum stance and cupcake bomb.

Instant air gunshot is pretty godlike.

Her command dash definitely has its uses, like dashing under people who are jumping at you, but I think it's the kind of move that's not gonna get fully figured out for a while.

Ferrio

Banned
Instant air gunshot is pretty godlike.

Her command dash definitely has its uses, like dashing under people who are jumping at you, but I think it's the kind of move that's not gonna get fully figured out for a while.

Explain to me how it's godlike.

As for dashing under people.. okay that's good. But how much better is that compared to your regular dash? It's got some pretty hefty recovery frames.

No, but it does little to no damage and is a risky move.

It's an instant overhead and she has two low combo starters with ridiculous range, b+2 and tantrum. You said you were having trouble getting in with Harley. "Getting in" with her means like sweep distance.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Started with Batman first... Learned some basic Shazam yesterday... and today Ares.

Loving this game. It's so stupid/fun. <3

sephi22

MK controls are easier and most inputs work with SF inputs.

I need to learn how to play Hawkgirl.

The problem with MK controls is they lead you to do specials when you don't need to. When I'm crouching with Aquaman and my opponent crosses me up, pressing back + a button leads to a special

Hurley

How does the Wii U version compare to the PS3 and 360 versions? More specifically the games performance and image quality, is it on par with the other versions?

Top Bottom