• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ferrio

Banned
So we can all agree that the story mode will probably be better that whatever Warner Bros. craps out in a few years right?

No matter how many times I do the tutorial, I still can't figure out how to start a clash, Wii U btw.

Are you being comboed? If so F+Meter burn if you're at red life.

DR2K

Banned
If you guys download him and there's no compatibility pack, you're pretty much not going to play online.

No matter how many times I do the tutorial, I still can't figure out how to start a clash, Wii U btw.

I just hit F+meter while being combo'd. It can only be done after the first round.

Can't remember how much meter is required to initiate(I never do it with less than full meter).

Edit: Meter, not guard. Damn you MK!

Huh, I was pretty sure they said that they removed the whole compatibility pack issues from mk9

From what I understand, it's compatibility packs again but now it will prevent people who don't download the free packs from even getting into the online section (if you notice it pops up with "Checking Downloadable Content" when you enter online). So everyone online will have the packs and be ready to play.

Khezu

Hector said they were doing it Borderlands 2 style.
Maybe they are just throwing in the costumes as a bonus so people don't complain when it doesn't let them play online until they download it or something.

The Arkham skins look better in game then I thought they would.
Catwoman has her goggles thank god. She also looks a lot less derpy then she does in Arkham City.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
From what I understand, it's compatibility packs again but now it will prevent people who don't download the free packs from even getting into the online section (if you notice it pops up with "Checking Downloadable Content" when you enter online). So everyone online will have the packs and be ready to play.

Ahh ok, basically a patch system in the game itself not using standard patch methods :p

Ahh ok, basically a patch system in the game itself not using standard patch methods :p

Probably won't change until next gen, when hopefully Microsoft and others won't charge absurd prices for additional patches (see: Skullgirls and Fez having patch problems). SFxT got around it by having the dlc characters on-disc and well...yeah.

Zephyrus

Banned
Kind of lame the single player focused so much on a small group of heroes.

Plus, why did Batman need 2+ chapters for himself?
because it's batman?

what? You think they'd waste a chapter on Harley Quinn, Bane, Nightwing, Shazam, Black Adam, Grundy, Doomsday, Killer Frost, Sinestro, Raven or Hawkgirl?

When you can get double the Batman time?

Kind of lame the single player focused so much on a small group of heroes.
definitely agree with this, there were multiple scenes were there should have been another fight or two for other characters.
especially the
Titans in the watchtower

Plus, why did Batman need 2+ chapters for himself?
Because he is more popular than 90% of the roster combined, maybe.

Ferrio

Banned
So found a use for Harley's command dash now. When you use her bomb toss EX, it causes a bounce.. but usually they're way too far away to follow up. If you do her command dash into her tantrum stance and follow up with your normal combo shenanigans.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So found a use for Harley's command dash now. When you use her bomb toss EX, it causes a bounce.. but usually they're way too far away to follow up. If you do her command dash into her tantrum stance and follow up with your normal combo shenanigans.

You ready for more games tonight? :D

Just finished the story mode. Quite good actually... but I wish
we could play as more heroes and villains. In Mortal Kombat we play as every character if I'm not wrong and here in Injustice a lot of them were left out, specially the villains. Some characters were very underused, such as Hawkgirl, Catwoman... Im pleased that story mode was far easier than MK9 but I wish that the game gave you some sort of mini-tutorial before each new character you have to use, a lot of time I had to waste a good few minutes learning the new moves. Some of the mini-games were cool but got too repetitive

Speaking of more DLC characters I think
we are going to get Black Canary. I mean, Arrow is a pretty popular TV show and Green Arrow kind of mentions her when he takes her picture

And yes, Capcom and other developers should learn how to do proper single player content for their games. Bravo, Netherealm!

Guesong

Just finished the story mode. Quite good actually... but I wish
we could play as more heroes and villains. In Mortal Kombat we play as every character if I'm not wrong and here in Injustice a lot of them were left out, specially the villains. Some characters were very underused, such as Hawkgirl, Catwoman... Im pleased that story mode was far easier than MK9 but I wish that the game gave you some sort of mini-tutorial before each new character you have to use, a lot of time I had to waste a good few minutes learning the new moves. Some of the mini-games were cool but got too repetitive

You don't actually play as any villain proper in the MK9 story mode ; you get some debatable here and there (Scorpion, pre-robot Cyrax) but you never play as Shang Tsung, Baraka or Reptile or any of those. You do fight them over and over though!

It's harder to keep a good plot if you have to play both sides of the fence anyhow, so I'm not too bothered with it.

You don't actually play as any villain proper in the MK9 story mode ; you get some debatable here and there (Scorpion, pre-robot Cyrax) but you never play as Shang Tsung, Baraka or Reptile or any of those. You do fight them over and over though!

It's harder to keep a good plot if you have to play both sides of the fence anyhow, so I'm not too bothered with it.

Yeah true, just thought that MK campaign was longer, I had a feeling we played as more characters. Anyway, it was a nice story to play.

Anyone know a good website with character guides? I need to learn some combos since Im not good at the game yet haha

SGRemy

Yeah true, just thought that MK campaign was longer, I had a feeling we played as more characters. Anyway, it was a nice story to play.

Anyone know a good website with character guides? I need to learn some combos since Im not good at the game yet haha
Testyourmight

SuperBonk

So far the community for this game seems better than MK. I actually got a few compliments for my slightly cheap Hawkgirl.

I did have one guy call me a "fucking faggot" though. Oh well.

If you guys want to add me, I'm on 360, gamertag eRADEKator.

shaowebb

Testyourmight

^This. We got combo sections for every character and general gameplay discussions everywhere. BTW prepare for hell Killer Frost vortex tech is up and its so god damn scary. Guess wrong and its GGs.

Come to where da combos are.

FSLink

Banned
If anybody has some extra DLC codes (Arkham, New52, Darkest Night, etc.), I can get them the iOS costumes. Missing the last Supes costume from the iOS game but I'll have it shortly.

galvatron

Holy shit I suck... checking some combo videos and trying to make sense...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v6Ys8NqstN0

ji2 b2 b2 3 dd3 3

ji2 b2 b3 ji2 f2 u3 1

okay last time I played fighting games the numbers where supposed to simulate the control scheme, why is there a "j" here (jump) whats this "2"... ;_;

ji = jump in
b = back
u = up
f = forward (as in towards)
1= light
2 = medium
3 = hard

MK guys use weird notation...but, at least this guy used it!
So many people show combos with no instructions on how to do them...

phaonaut

Holy shit I suck... checking some combo videos and trying to make sense...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v6Ys8NqstN0

ji2 b2 b2 3 dd3 3

ji2 b2 b3 ji2 f2 u3 1

okay last time I played fighting games the numbers where supposed to simulate the control scheme, why is there a "j" here (jump) whats this "2"... ;_;

thats the first combo translated

jump in medium > back medium > back medium > heavy > down down heavy > heavy

1=light , 2=med, 3=heavy etc

ji = jump in
b = back
u = up
f = forward (as in towards)
1= light
2 = medium
3 = hard

MK guys use weird notation...but, at least this guy used it!
So many people show combos with no instructions on how to do them...

Thank you very much kind sir. Now back to the videos!
Thank you to phaonaut

Top Bottom