• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

vocab

Huh, went 7 and 3 in my first king of the hill, lost 2 and went on a 7 win streak. Nightwing seems to be able to handle Deathstroke gunspam with appropriate timing, was kind of amusing because after my first 3 wins everyone went straight to Deathstroke to take me out.

Everyone has a pocket deathstroke.

Degen

I'm about to play the full game for the first time in a couple of hours at friends' place and I'm planning to Style On 'Em™ but some of them already have practice.

The only characters I want to use are Grundy, Doomsday and Bane, so the question is... Out of those three, which one does the most damage with the least effort?

'cause I mean that's the important thing

Xevren

I'm about to play the full game for the first time in a couple of hours at friends' place and I'm planning to Style On 'Em™ but some of them already have practice.

The only characters I want to use are Grundy, Doomsday and Bane, so the question is... Out of those three, which one does the most damage with the least effort?

Grundy by far.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Bane has the easiest potential with his Venom.

Ryce

So it is my understanding from particular "sources" that two of the dlc characters will be Martian Manhunter and Atrocitus. I of course can't say for sure if this person will be right or not but they do have a position in the business, so I guess we shall see.
How confident in your source are you? I'd love for this to be true, but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Khezu

Regime Raven is the best character. So cool looking.
PrrLEVX.jpg

SUPARSTARX

Bane kinda takes a bit more thinking to get rolling along otherwise he gets zoned and trampled on.

I'd go with Grundy. His armor properties are way more fun and least effort to get results.

wow I've been pulling off some pretty sick combos online. Like combo video swag on opponents. Stuff I haven't even done in practice mode. Felt so cool to do my super in the middle of a long juggle, as the finisher.

Okay I think I'll sell this game. I keep losing every single match. Everyone fights like a pro and I have no chance. I'm not able to block any attack and it's impossible for me to do good combos while I get beaten up.

Something just doesn't feel right online.
DOA 5 was fun (okay now it's dead online) but Injustice is not.

Maybe I keep it for the SP.

N4Us

Are XBL servers down for this game or something? My friend and I keep getting a "you're not connected" message when either of us go to multiplayer.

vg260

Watched Max's review, and while I think a few of the knocks were a little nitpicky (music), I do really agree that the hit/block effects are really problematic and make it hard to tell if something is hitting.

Managed to win my first ranked match to unlock the GL skin, so I can happily dive into single player for a while. Hopefully there won't be any more ranked win ones, or I'll be screwed by the time I'm done w/ the SP stuff.

vocab

Okay I think I'll sell this game. I keep losing every single match. Everyone fights like a pro and I have no chance. I'm not able to block any attack and it's impossible for me to do good combos while I get beaten up.

It depends how experienced you are with fighters. Id say a lot of people are just the same as you, but they may be playing a
character that is easier at the basic level.

I know what it feels like to lose a lot especially with genres where experience and practice is rewarded. Try to learn from your loses, I bet you'll get better.

Degen

Grundy by far.

Bane has the easiest potential with his Venom.

Bane kinda takes a bit more thinking to get rolling along otherwise he gets zoned and trampled on.

I'd go with Grundy. His armor properties are way more fun and least effort to get results.
Thanks, guys

Gonna try out all three (maybe not Doomsday so much), but if Grundy has armor on top of the other stuff I've seen, he's like every fighting game character I use rolled into one

Time to play like a total dick and generate dat salt

Practice, practice, practice.

PRACTICE

Play against the computer, learn problematic matchups, and learn your character inside out.

Oh btw, PRACTICE.

Training is there for a reason.

RkOwnage

I haven't gotten heavily into the online portion of the game yet. Is ranked the only thing that is tracked? I know the single player keeps track of your wins and losses, do non ranked matches factor into that? Just wondering before I get myself into something. I want to practice a good bit before I completely ruin any chance at a decent record.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Hey Art, it's Luc from Mtl. Thanks for posting that vid! :)

I think I'm gonna try to main GL for now. I'm really hoping this game clicks for me, haven't had that competitive itch in a long time.

No problem man, glad you enjoyed it. This game is crack for sure. Been a long time since I heard from you last Luc :)

More Injustice Matches:
TS Sabin (Sinestro) vs EMP DragonGod (Black Adam) - I took DragonGod under my wing and I'm teaching him Injustice. Rest assured hell be a problem soon. :)

http://youtu.be/cVpokhY5FcE

To someone that asked about Toryuken, I do love Canada but I don't have any plans to attend currently.

jainasky

Neo Member
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions yesterday. I finally ordered it tonight, got the CE for xbox 360 should be here 4/24. Where do you get the season pass from that's $14.99? It has the 4 characters that are coming?

Can hardly wait to try out Batman and Harley! :)

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
Harley can straight juke dudes with those guns, not at Deathstroke's level, but still.

Nightwing's staff spin is ridiculous.

Bought this on an impulse despite not liking MK.

Pretty good so far...I've only played some story mode (which is pretty damn awesome btw....worth it for that alone imo).

I will probably never be a good fighting gamer...so having a ton of single player options is pretty sweet.

As for the game, pretty good. I just can't do the back forth motions and it just seems like my timing is straight dookie. I tried SF mode and while it was okay for those motions...I feel like the game is built off of the default soooo I'll stick with that...I'll probably experiment once I'm done story mode.

Speaking of which...Is Aquaman not a fucking boss? His entire segment was "naw son fuck that and fuck you...I'm Aquaman bitch". So awesome...If anything this is going to get me to actually read some more comics because god damn. Green Arrow is also pretty awesome.

Joker had the best line so far tho with "why doesn't she like Pancakes".

Impulse paid off...so far. I'm sure once I play against non-brain dead AI and actual dudes...I won't be as pleased but eh...i suck either way.

usctrojan

oh yea and you gotta click on one of the two systems to choose which code. after I clicked on the xbox link a ten minute timer came up, then it appeared. pasted it into xbox.com and it redeemed

I've got nothing but praise for this game. Yeah you can indulge in playing it competitively but even without it the game has so much content that playing it single player can be quite fun. Especially for me, since it's hard for me to find time to play really long RPGs (or any other super-lengthy title)

Yesterday I tried out Battles mode which is basically its rendition of Arcade mode on Medium difficulty and it surprised me how the A.I. was still progressively getting tougher as you went up the ladder. I would have thought they just coded it like "dump random opponents + boss"; but they even bothered to make it a little challenging. They didn't get lazy and it shows.

And they even threw in endings for all characters. So yeah, you can play this totally without caring about frame data or badly balanced characters in multiplayer; you can play it without aspiring to win at EVO or any competitive arena, which applies to a vast majority of gamers out there. I'm glad that NetherRealm actually thought of that gaming audience when they made this, and they realized that not everyone is going to play it like Justin Wong or the minority of players who play these types of games professionally. At the same time, the complexity is there if you want to go deeper with it. There's probably some overpowered characters now but that always gets ironed out eventually.

So yeah, this is probably the most inclusive fighting game that exists right now. Capcom should buy a copy of this game for each guy on their Street Fighter team, play it religiously, and figure out why the fuck they messed up something as potentially glorious as Street Fighter X Tekken, or even the Marvel series. This is how to do it right.

Last thing: I'm glad they didn't re-use too many of the MK animations. There are some good ones in there.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hah, yeah. Went to 0% then jumped to 99% and repeated that a few times until erroring out. Still, maybe he isn't far off if he's listed already.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
So we can all agree that the story mode will probably be better that whatever Warner Bros. craps out in a few years right?

No matter how many times I do the tutorial, I still can't figure out how to start a clash, Wii U btw.

Top Bottom