• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Kizer

I haven't played one online yet, but it depends on how bad it is and the risk & skill level of doing that, I would think.

The issue with Deathstroke "spammers" is that they are insanely predictable. Once you get in close they have two options they will resort two. Both of them resolved by standing still and blocking. Death Stroke's issue is that a lot of his moves really are not safe and can be punished on block. If he attempts to use his trait to make his bullets unblockable, it's better not to run and just beat the crap out of him to run the timer. If you can not do that, Jump in a lot. It's better to take the damage from his anti air moves than his ground ones since they don't hit as hard.

DR2K

Banned
I really hope they don't nerf him. Making a character less viable to cater to those who don't want to learn how to deal with him isn't the right way to go about things.

I don't even play deathstroke

Nerfing brain dead zoning shouldn't hurt him.

sephi22

Nerfing brain dead zoning shouldn't hurt him.
Brain dead zoning is nerfed when you learn counters. Deathstroke will go down in tiers on his own.

You don't nerf Sagat's fireballs because you play Zangief and its hard. You either switch to Ryu or you learn the correct way to block and approach. Same deal here. The bad players will rage and eventually drop the game. The good ones will learn to deal with it. Deathstroke is good, but he's not broken enough to need nerfs.

Most I see is some added recovery/startup on his pistols. But that will not solve the issues some of the players here are having. His mid/full screen zoning would still be as good.

Ok I know there is a way to deal with DS's zoning/spam, but I refuse to do it, till they nerf that little bitch. I've yet to play any DS player that doesn't just jump back into the corner and just shoot. Not going to play matches crouching all day. I know it works for them, but why would you want to win like that? As soon as I see a player pic him, I back out the session. Screw you guys. Again I've won some matches against these little hoes, it just makes for annoying matches.
Thanks for shitting up the online community.
What character do you play though? I've tried 25% of the cast so maybe I can give some advice.

I'm finding batman's cape counter to be really effective. It's a great wakeup move against a constant melee assault and allows batman to establish a good zoning game once the opponent has fallen for it a couple of times.

Kizer

Brain dead zoning is nerfed when you learn counters. Deathstroke will go down in tiers on his own.

You don't nerf Sagat's fireballs because you play Zangief and its hard. You either switch to Ryu or you learn the correct way to block and approach. Same deal here. The bad players will rage and eventually drop the game. The good ones will learn to deal with it. Deathstroke is good, but he's not broken enough to need nerfs.

Most I see is some added recovery/startup on his pistols. But that will not solve the issues some of the players here are having. His mid/full screen zoning would still be as good.

Thanks for shitting up the online community.
What character do you play though? I've tried 25% of the cast so maybe I can give some advice.

^ this individual is a gentleman and a scholar.

Dahbomb

The Deathstroke salt is hilarious. At high level he gets smoked hard. So many characters have like projectile counters/invulnerable states, teleports or slides/mid range grabs or even fucking seismos that mess him up.

Crawl

I am using a 2006 era samsung dlp tv.. how are dlp tvs for fighting games or games in general? Am i at a disadvantage when playing online?

sephi22

The Deathstroke salt is hilarious. At high level he gets smoked hard. So many characters have like projectile counters/invulnerable states, teleports or slides/mid range grabs or even fucking seismos that mess him up.
Its vanilla Sentinel all over again. Aquaman can hang with DS. Ares seems like he eats Deathstroke for free. Raven can destroy him using gravity squeeze/demon mode teleport/projectile counter.

Deathstroke should and does have good matchups against Grundy and Doomsday. Even Bane. But he's definitely not as good as people think he is.

He can even shoot you out of teleport. I don't want to play a caracter I hate just because of Deathstroke.

DR2K

Banned
Its vanilla Sentinel all over again. Aquaman can hang with DS. Ares seems like he eats Deathstroke for free. Raven can destroy him using gravity squeeze/demon mode teleport/projectile counter.

Deathstroke should and does have good matchups against Grundy and Doomsday. Even Bane. But he's definitely not as good as people think he is.

Sentinels nerfs were warranted, he's an easy mode 1 hit kill machine and a top assist.

NRS will nerf and buff every character multiply regardless, so it'll be a fun ride.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm not very good at fighter games, so was it just me or was completing the tutorial pretty annoying? Some of the combos seem to be sticklers when it comes to at the moment you complete them (particularly the straight grapple combo).

Kizer

As a Doomsday player, I really don't have a lot of issues against Deathstroke. I can close the gap rather quickly due to my gamma charge and my armor makes it so that his bullets can't and won't stop me. Once I get in, he is done.

sephi22

He can even shoot you out of teleport. I don't want to play a caracter I hate just because of Deathstroke.
That's why you have forward dash and down back. Some characters have a counter for Deathstroke, others have to do it the old school way.
Take Shazam for example, he can't teleport when Deathstroke is derping, but once he gets in, the Deathstroke player is done, pretty much.

Sentinels nerfs were warranted, he's an easy mode 1 hit kill machine and a top assist.

NRS will nerf and buff every character multiply regardless, so it'll be a fun ride.

DR2K
Doesn't buy fighting games to actually play them
(Today, 08:48 PM)

Jebailey plz. There are so many characters with top assists and easy mode TODs. Should've nerfed Doom in Vanilla too then. And please link me to these easy mode Sentinel BnB TODs... the character does no where near the same damage as some of the tops.
I wanna know the story behind this. What's Alex done to you?

Dahbomb

Jebailey plz. There are so many characters with top assists and easy mode TODs. Should've nerfed Doom in Vanilla too then. And please link me to these easy mode Sentinel BnB TODs... the character does no where near the same damage as some of the tops.

Please refrain from making comments on nerfing//buffing until the game is one month out at least. Its pointless to do so at this point and will only hurt the game in the long run.

DR2K

Banned
DR2K
Doesn't buy fighting games to actually play them
(Today, 08:48 PM)

So he doesn't kill most of the cast in one hit easily and have a great assist used in top level play? Right. Yeah horrible character. Anyways this is DC not Marvel, we can shit up our PMs with that nonsense.

sephi22

So he doesn't kill most of the cash in one hit easily and have a great assist used in top level play? Right.
No he does not, unless he uses X factor, in which case which character doesn't?
Also, assuming if he did, good luck getting that 1 hit against characters that can move better than you, zone better than you, and can get easy instant overheads on you because of your huge hitbox.
He's got the name 'Wackbot' for a reason. He's got some of the worst matchups in the game. His assist is the only reason he's played, and that assist got no nerfs.

Once again, do you even Marvel?

Anyways this is DC not Marvel, we can shit up our PMs with that nonsense.
Its related. DC Deathstroke whining is similar to Marvel Sentinel whining. Its not uncharted territory.

Dahbomb

So he doesn't kill most of the cash in one hit easily and have a great assist used in top level play? Right.
He actually doesn't have easy TODs... his damage tops out rather quickly.

And high damage has NEVER been a criteria for tiers in Marvel 3. So many characters do less damage than Sentinel but are way above him in tier list while there are characters who do more damage than him and are tiered below.

NEO0MJ

I need some pointers with Black Adam, how am I supposed to play him?

Macho Man Randy Savage of war.

If they actually replaced Kratos with Macho Man I would have probably played the game.

God of War's banned in Dubai.
But like everything that's banned, you can still get it at Mom and Pops, and its just not allowed to be sold my the retail stores. Saudi's another story

pretty much the same over here. You won't find it in any major stores, just the mom and pops. Some places keep the game hidden in another game's case just in case, so you have to ask them if they have it.

Dahbomb

Harley, Shazam, Deathstroke himself (lol), Green lantern, Nightwing, Aquaman.

....:(
Nightwing and Aquaman beat him easily because they have Seismo attacks that pressure him and prevent him from using guns without trading. Nightwing at close range bodies Deathstroke for free, its a bad look for him if NW gets close. Aquaman out ranges him in pokes and DS can't deal with his Trident poke special. Shazam has a teleport. Green Lantern has a slide at mid range that leads into a combo and an air to ground projectile that is useful at full range. I don't know shit about Harley Quinn but she does have that air to down gun shot.

Of the characters you play Nightwing and Aquaman own Deathstroke.

sephi22

Harley, Shazam, Deathstroke himself (lol), Green lantern, Nightwing, Aquaman.

This should not happen.
Most Deathstroke players I've fought start off the match with the air spinning sword move. If you block it (which you should. Always expect it on wakeup), you can punish it with b+1,2 xx trident summon, b+1,2, trident scoop, f+2, 1+3 for great damage.

If he pushes you fullscreen away, block his rifle, then instantly punish with db+2 (the trident summon). If it hits, you meter burn it to bounce him up with another hit, then do a regular db+2 for an easy 20%.

Once you get a substantial life lead, just dd+3 (water shield) to make him come to you. The shield goes down after 4-5 seconds, so redo it after every couple of absorbed moves.

Use your meter for meter burnt db+2s or keep it for clashing, but in most cases the Deathstroke won't do any combos on you because he doesn't know any, and you won't get to clash. There is no reason to use Super in this matchup.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Aquaman's a power character while Deathstroke is a gadget character, so interactable battles should go in Aquaman's favor.

Shazam's teleport is useless against Deathstroke sadly. Juicebox was trying it last night.
It seems like Deathstroke doesn't have an answer for Nightwings wingdings (air projectiles). He's got jump pistols but I think Nightwing out-speeds him.
Also perhaps Nightwing can punish blocked guns from full screen using his staff mode 'shock under you' attack.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I got bopped by a cat woman player yesterday. I have no clue who is good and who is bad in this game...so far everyone online is going in.

Dahbomb

okay thanks. I should play more Nightwing then lol
Forgot to add Aquaman in there, they both own him. It depends on your play style though if you like to rushdown then definitely play Nightwing although you have to use your blue seismos when at full screen range. His flying kick is really good too as a mid range punisher if he whiffs moves.

sephi22

Man I can't stress how good meterburnt wallbounce moves (b+3) are against meteor smash happy Doomsdays. Changes my whole view on the Doomsday matchup.

I thought that being able to meter burn b+3 and f+3 was a case of 'lets just add features for the sake of it and see what sticks' but it really makes you appreciate how well thought out some of these things are, and how much undiscovered tech there is. (No shit sephi we're on day 3)

Kizer

Man I can't stress how good meterburnt wallbounce moves (b+3) are against meteor smash happy Doomsdays. Changes my whole view on the Doomsday matchup.

I thought that being able to meter burn b+3 and f+3 was a case of 'lets just add features for the sake of it and see what sticks' but it really makes you appreciate how well thought out some of these things are, and how much undiscovered tech there is. (No shit sephi we're on day 3)

Where are these other Doomsday you speak of? I haven't seen a single one yet.

This should not happen.
Most Deathstroke players I've fought start off the match with the air spinning sword move. If you block it (which you should. Always expect it on wakeup), you can punish it with b+1,2 xx trident summon, b+1,2, trident scoop, f+2, 1+3 for great damage.

If he pushes you fullscreen away, block his rifle, then instantly punish with db+2 (the trident summon). If it hits, you meter burn it to bounce him up with another hit, then do a regular db+2 for an easy 20%.

Once you get a substantial life lead, just dd+3 (water shield) to make him come to you. The shield goes down after 4-5 seconds, so redo it after every couple of absorbed moves.

Use your meter for meter burnt db+2s or keep it for clashing, but in most cases the Deathstroke won't do any combos on you because he doesn't know any, and you won't get to clash. There is no reason to use Super in this matchup.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Aquaman's a power character while Deathstroke is a gadget character, so interactable battles should go in Aquaman's favor.

Shazam's teleport is useless against Deathstroke sadly. Juicebox was trying it last night.
It seems like Deathstroke doesn't have an answer for Nightwings wingdings (air projectiles). He's got jump pistols but I think Nightwing out-speeds him.
Also perhaps Nightwing can punish blocked guns from full screen using his staff mode 'shock under you' attack.

Sounds good, I'll try that. What's "meter burn"? How do you use it? Im from Germany so I think it's called different here

Xevren

I was saying this on Tuesday! I had to play Doomsday players locally then and you pretty much have to use mb b/f 3 on his ex smashes since it tracks.

Kizer

I assume she is mostly ranged attacks?

She has a lot of ranged attacks and a good zoning game, yes but I personally believe she is good up close as well. Not as good as other characters in the roster, but she has some tricks close up.

Tendo

I have a problem. I ignored the first "rate me!" prompt in the ios app but when I found you get a skin for it I went to the app store and rated it. However I haven't gotten the bane skin unlock or the prompt to rate it again.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

sephi22

To me the biggest question marks right now are Joker and Bane. No one's really shown us what they can really do.
I've seen some of Joker's technology. He's got self unblockables with teeth but his hard-to-land trait is holding him back.

Bane's a total mystery. I've derped and won with venom enhanced full screen headbutts but surely that's not the best way to play him.

Sounds good, I'll try that. What's "meter burn"? How do you use it? Im from Germany so I think it's called different here

Meter burn = ex moves
There's a button in this game that when you press after certain specials makes them better and gives them extra properties at the cost of 1 meter.

I don't know which button it is by default.

Top Bottom