• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Grecco

I still find the combo timeing in this game weird. either im pressing buttons too early or too late, and the ubid thing doesnt really work i linked the accounts and have gl/bane unlocked but they didnt unlock in the console version

shaowebb

The tech is good from the 10% of people that are playing the game and finding stuff versus the 90% of them writing everything they don't wanna learn against as OP. lol

But then it's like... we're on the internet. Everyone's gotta chime in every bit of crazy cuz they can

Pretty much. I can't tell you how hard I laughed at the OMGZ NERF DA DEATHSTROKES IS MORE BROKE DAN DER KABALS thread today. The tech is getting good though. Vortex for Killer Frost, nigh unblockable Bane resets, big damage combos, fixing the frame data information that was wrong on multihit moves like Deathstrokes guns, Teeth loops for Joker...its blowing up right now. I am having a field day in the lab with all this.

Ryuhza

Banned
ALSO: Anyone else noticed that Atrocitus, Supergirl, Bizaro and one of the Robins make appearences in the portraits you unlock in the Archives? Possible DLC character hints?

So does Santa Claus!

superman-punches-santa-claus.jpg

Ryuhza

Banned
Same here, I can't get over Superman's nonchalance while punching a fat man down the chimney. It's as though he's thinking, "Yeah, this is the right thing to do."

ezekial45

Banned
I'm really digging Shazam (I thought he was called Captain Marvel?), he's like a super powered version of Raiden. Deathstroke is pretty rad too. I want to finish the story mode first before I jump online, so I have to ask - who's the most popular character so far? Or rather, which character in particular is the one to look out for?

SuperBonk

I'm really digging Shazam (I thought he was called Captain Marvel?), he's like a super powered version of Raiden. Deathstroke is pretty rad too. I want to finish the story mode first before I jump online, so I have to ask - who's the most popular character so far? Or rather, which character in particular is the one to look out for?

Deathstroke by far.

Though there are also plenty of Batmans and Harleys.

NEO0MJ

I think they changed his name because of all the trouble they've been getting from Marvel, plus a lot of people think his name really is Shazam.
As for the character to watch out for, Aquaman and Deathstroke right now, I guess. Haven't played online, yet.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
tneJJ9sl.jpg

"Spam" being punishing jump-ins and turtling. Got this during a KoTH streak against mainly Deathstroke spammers. Killer Frost<3

That shit is annoying though. This game needs crouch dash, and dash cancel. Dashing in this seems crazy unsafe. Yeah you can punish "Spammers", if you're able to get your slow ass moving, character's ass in close enough.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That shit is annoying though. This game needs crouch dash, and dash cancel. Dashing in this seems crazy unsafe. Yeah you can punish "Spammers", if you're able to get your slow ass moving, character's ass in close enough.

Depends on the character. I can stop a lot of the -let's face it-"n00b" crap by zoning. I don't need to get in close with Killer Frost, but it is more difficult if I try someone like Harley. I've been messing with some other characters offline but am not ready to try them online yet. I like Shazam but get the feeling he'd go down hard to good zoners.

I only get hate mail from idiots who button mash and/or spam the same 1-2 moves over and over again. And yet then they rage over getting hit by the same thing over and over RIGHT BACK. LOL. If they get in close, I do this crazy thing called a "combo" that they don't seem to know exists.

This game has taken the crown for the largest amount of rage quitting I have ever seen in a fighter.

Kizer

Depends on the character. I can stop a lot of the -let's face it-"n00b" crap by zoning. I don't need to get in close with Killer Frost, but it is more difficult if I try someone like Harley. I've been messing with some other characters offline but am not ready to try them online yet. I like Shazam but get the feeling he'd go down hard to good zoners.

I only get hate mail from idiots who button mash and/or spam the same 1-2 moves over and over again. And yet then they rage over getting hit by the same thing over and over RIGHT BACK. LOL. If they get in close, I do this crazy thing called a "combo" that they don't seem to know exists.

This game has taken the crown for the largest amount of rage quitting I have ever seen in a fighter.

it attracts a lot of non-fighting game fans so that is to be expected.

BoSox06DH

Finally got the game yesterday and I like the game a bit more than expected from the NRS team. There are a lot of characters that I'm interested in getting good with like Batman, The Flash, Raven and Grundy. But when I played online I randomly used Black Adam and I had fun using him as I did get wins with him as well. I haven't seen a lot of people use him so I'm not sure how to use him other using his specials with meter burn and crossing people up using his jumping medium with his Soul Satellites on.

Any advice on characters for someone that isnt good at fighters? I would like to stick with 2 or 3 and learn them. I have messed around with almost everyone, a couple that I have liked so far are...

Superman(I dont see many of you mention him but he seems really solid to me)
Cyborg
Harley
Aquaman
Sinestro

Any tips or advice would be great, I would like to play online but feel I am a long ways away from having a chance

NEO0MJ

I haven't seen a lot of people use him so I'm not sure how to use him other using his specials with meter burn and crossing people up using his jumping medium with his Soul Satellites on.

You should note that his soul satellites do zero hitstun so don't think think that you can use them to cross up. As for general tips, this video should help a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EtfuFzxRLFQ

I really enjoy this character. I want to try Sinestro as well but all that talk about him being weak is pretty off-putting.

Any advice on characters for someone that isnt good at fighters? I would like to stick with 2 or 3 and learn them. I have messed around with almost everyone, a couple that I have liked so far are...

Superman(I dont see many of you mention him but he seems really solid to me)
Aquaman

Any tips or advice would be great, I would like to play online but feel I am a long ways away from having a chance

Either one of those two would be good until you have a good grasp of the game, but only pick one so you can really use him effectively.

RetroMG

Anyone have an Arrow DLC code for PS3 they would like to trade for a 360 code? I intended to buy on 360 but wound up getting a PS3 copy instead. Send me a PM.

Grimsen

NRS needs to fix the online for this on 360. I still can't view my online hero card, and the "session has ended" disconnects suck ass.

I was having a good streak in survivor, and rage quitters don't seem to affect the winner, so that was fine. But a "session as ended" disconnect sends me back to the menu. Fuuuuuck.

Just went on a 19 game win streak on Survival online

I had barely any health at the end lmao, 2 combos and I died :(

It was with Aquaman.. all I can say is

Tridents

shaowebb

Just went on a 19 game win streak on Survival online

I had barely any health at the end lmao, 2 combos and I died :(

It was with Aquaman.. all I can say is

Tridents

Yeah I got a poll going online asking folks who they are playing the most and by far the standouts are Aquaman and Deathstroke. Easy to get stuff going with them.

BTW something fun to keep in mind thats sort of a no brainer, but so far is one of the biggest "haha" moments I've had. Any super you can combo from like Green Arrow's or Harley's is cool because the combo doesn't end with the super. However, folks seem to forget about the Clash system. If you try one of these combos After Round 1 and they haven't clashed you yet just assume you should let that shit drop after the super because the moment you go to convert that combo they will clash you now that you have ZERO bar and gain back a ton of their health that you just took.

Pretty funny stuff to watch someone going for it only to realize they just blew all their meter and don't get to keep the damage they just inflicted on the guy lol.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

This mirrors my experience, too, especially with Killer Frost. If someone wants to lame it out with Deathstroke, KF can lame it out way harder. And if I'm ahead on life and you're just standing there trying to shoot me over and over and keep falling for the damn ice spike, I'm certainly not going to come over there and try to get you. Of all the fighters I've played online, this is the one I've gotten the most angry messages in, and almost all of them are from Deathstrokers.

You should note that his soul satellites do zero hitstun so don't think think that you can use them to cross up. As for general tips, this video should help a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EtfuFzxRLFQ

I really enjoy this character. I want to try Sinestro as well but all that talk about him being weak is pretty off-putting.

Either one of those two would be good until you have a good grasp of the game, but only pick one so you can really use him effectively.

Thanks, I think ill stick with Superman and Aquaman and try to learn them, might make Cyborg my 3rd at some point, he doesnt seem popular but i was pulling off a few combos pretty easy. The only 2 characters I haven't tried yet are Cat Woman and Shazam. I don't like any of the big slow guys, never have in any fighting game

pretty sad that people sit back and spam Deathstrokes machine gun, Im sure if I tried this I would still lose

tim1138

Man that felt good, I was in a Survivor room where a dude playing Deathstroke was just cheesing people to death and dominating them. I busted out Green Arrow and made him look absolutely silly by cheesing him right back. He obviously wasn't used to people actually blocking, so every time he'd do that jumping sword move, I'd block and do Ollie's bow spin (df square) to knock him back. He gave up on that and went back to full screen, I knew what was coming and crouched down and just wailed on the trait button and filled him with arrows which he either wouldn't or couldn't block. He tried jumping on me a couple more times and each time I did the bow spin to knock him back. It was glorious. He had an 8 win streak going and after I beat him he ditched the room. Very disappointed I didn't get any hate mail.

sephi22

I play Ken. And to think I called you a gentleman. As well as a scholar.
You consider yourself a flowchart Ken?
There are Deathstroke spammers and there are real Deathstroke players. Just like the 1000 terrible Ken players gave proper Ken players a bad name.

Moaradin

Deathstroke actually has some cool ass combos and can rushdown pretty well. I wanted to play him earlier but now I'm kinda embarrassed to LOL.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Deathstroke actually has some cool ass combos and can rushdown pretty well. I wanted to play him earlier but now I'm kinda embarrassed to LOL.

Play him, do the cool combos. You'll get plenty of props and not that much hate mail :p

Oh but zone if you need to obviously.
Play who you enjoy and let the haters rot.

Kizer

You consider yourself a flowchart Ken?
There are Deathstroke spammers and there are real Deathstroke players. Just like the 1000 terrible Ken players gave proper Ken players a bad name.

Not exactly, no. I'd probably consider myself above average. See, you didn't specify so I am not really sure where you were going with that.

Play whoever you want. If you get hate mail for ripping some sorry scrub a new one online, then you are well on your way to the top.

Sojgat

Can't believe some of the trolls in this game. Was playing survivor, and the (Deathstroke) player winning was letting the stage select timer count down all the way between every match.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can't believe some of the trolls in this game. Was playing survivor, and the (Deathstroke) player winning was letting the stage select timer count down all the way between every match.

Maybe he had bladder controll problems or a kid he was tending to on the side

Kizer

I need to step out today and I have no idea when I'll return. I might miss the Injustice tourney today at civil war. If anyone sees any sick Doomsday tech, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I need to step out today and I have no idea when I'll return. I might miss the Injustice tourney today at civil war. If anyone sees any sick Doomsday tech, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Just what we need, doomsday players lving up...

No one tell him anything!

Since, Supes was brought up, I hope he gets a "Man of Steel" alt in the coming months. It may be hoping for much to get the actor to record his own lines, but a fellow can dream.

Ryce

Here's a quick write-up regarding the way different characters use interactive objects. I'm going to try and work it into the OT.

All 14 Power characters share the same object interactions, but there is specialization among the 10 Gadget characters.

The Flash, Raven, and Killer Frost don't use gadgets at all, so they can't hold down to plant explosives on certain objects. When interacting with objects that plant explosives automatically (hanging cars, TVs, etc.), these three characters will instead perform a dive kick.

Instead of planting dynamite, Batman and Nightwing plant explosive batarangs. This is merely an aesthetic difference.

By pressing forward + R1/RB when both characters are standing in front of a parked car, Batman, The Joker, The Flash, and Deathstroke will slam the opponent's head into the hood of the car. While Batman, The Joker, and Deathstroke will slam the opponent's head twice, The Flash performs seven quick head slams.

Am I missing anything? Are there any more character-specific interactions?

Top Bottom