• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

I played online, it was ok despite dropping my combos. I play this game on the Wii U if anyone wants to add me. I use Raven, she's really fun character and I got some of her combos down. I still need to learn more about her trait and how to utilize it.

You mean the national anthem of the USSR? I thought it kinda worked. Patriotism and all that.

I love Doomsday so much. I was actually able to make an entire king of the hill room empty out with him last night because no one could beat me. Feels so good.

As a Doomsday player, I don't ever really count on it. I turn it on for the fear factor at times and that is just about it.

Yes. It's like people are terrified of him.

Kizer

Yes. It's like people are terrified of him.

Because they are terrified of him. They see the amount of hurt he can put on you in just 3 hits alone and shit their pants. When fighting characters like Raven and whatever, I also intentionally use up like all the stage transitions just so she can't run away from me. When they come to the realization I did that with the intention of trapping them rather than hitting them? That is the best part.

People are terrified of Doomsday?

Well Netherealm clearly did something right.

I have had people literally scream in terror at the other end of the mic as I slowly walked towards them with my armor on. They throw their baterangs and fire their arrows only to see them bounce off and they know. They Know.

I mean, I'm not that good with him yet I could easily get 5 win streaks and more with him on both KOTH and Survivor just by spamming his special attacks.

You could feel they're like "oh shit"

from what I know superman is a pretty hard counter to him but it's hilarious watching not great superman players freak the fuck out when you armor up and dont get tossed by his foot grab move

Had a guy just instantly disconnect once I did that to him

Kizer

from what I know superman is a pretty hard counter to him but it's hilarious watching not great superman players freak the fuck out when you armor up and dont get tossed by his foot grab move

Had a guy just instantly disconnect once I did that to him

It makes no sense to rage quit in this game because they count it as a loss. I have also had several people rage quit on me.

By the way, If Solomon Grundy goes into his super mode? Doomsday CAN grab him out of it with his super. That felt good.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yesssss dat hatemail.

r251PGu.jpg

Harley zoning too strong, need nerf.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm upset at my lack of ragemail so far. Aquaman just doesn't seem to bring it out in people.

It makes no sense to rage quit in this game because they count it as a loss. I have also had several people rage quit on me.

By the way, If Solomon Grundy goes into his super mode? Doomsday CAN grab him out of it with his super. That felt good.

Haha, does Doomsdays trait protect him from Grundy's super? And Bane's too actually. Dunno if any more are throws.

Kizer

I'm upset at my lack of ragemail so far. Aquaman just doesn't seem to bring it out in people.

Haha, does Doomsdays trait protect him from Grundy's super? And Bane's too actually. Dunno if any more are throws.

His trait does not protect him from anyone's super, I believe. You'll need to block like everyone else. As for grabs, I never tried it against Bane but I don't think you'd be safe. The reason it works for Grundy is because after he turns it on he then has to catch you. Doomsday's super animation is fast enough to catch him trying to grab you. This adds insult to injury because not only are they taking a chunk of damage, but they also just wasted all of their meter.

Doing your super against a Grundy in the know could be disastrous if you aren't careful.

but then again, you are Doomsday and no fucks should be given. For you are Alpha as all hell

With Aquaman, here is a simple thing you can do. Jumping H, Crouching mid (I think), Trident Scoop, give your self like a second and then Stab away. It's really simple and you get some decent damage. If you throw them into a corner it is even better, but it doesn't need to be.

Is there a fast way to get the iOS unlockables? :(

Either ask someone who already unlocked them and let them login with your WBID. Or... you can gets someone's save file and transfer it to the app through some program. There's some save file thing going aroudn with 999,999,999 coins so you can just upgrade 3 characters to max and just tap away.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
What do you need help with, exactly? Come, tell us your story.

I don't know what to do with half of the moves in my arsenal. Is there any such thing as someone who is decent with this character yet?

I know a good damage combo and I abuse his jump in and dash, but I am not used to being such a shallow player. I would like someone to open my eyes to some of his other options.

K.Sabot

Doing instant air gun juggles to rejuggle in the corner with Harley is so satisfying.

It's also makes for a pretty easy/good bnb in the corner.

Kizer

I don't know what to do with half of the moves in my arsenal. Is there any such thing as someone who is decent with this character yet?

I know a good damage combo and I abuse his jump in and dash, but I am not used to being such a shallow player. I would like someone to open my eyes to some of his other options.

Well first off, your dash can cover a lot of space, but if they block it then you are going to have a bad time. I am not a bane player so I can't really help you with that. It seems his command grab is pretty strong though. His Venom uppercut is really easy to combo into as well.

Grimsen

Is there a way to change how often the trait resets in practice?

trying some things out with certain characters but its annoying to have to wait for the regular cooldown on it when I have infinite super meter

I don't know if you got an answer, but I press select to reset the whole thing.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
FYI just throwing this out there. If anyone has access to an IOS device and can get me the Nightfall Bane costume, I will be happy to give them an arkham pre-order costume code for ps3.

NEO0MJ

I can't believe I only noticed this today, can you guess what?

The mid-east printing of the game is censored, they removed "gods" :eek:

I wonder if this is why I can't redeem the Arkham code, the game isn't even on our PSN store yet.

Kizer

I wonder if this is why I can't redeem the Arkham code, the game isn't even on our PSN store yet.

That is really funny.

DR2K

Banned

Injustice Allah!! Among us.

NEO0MJ

And I was right, that was the reason I couldn't redeem the Arkham code from PSN. Just made a UK account and got it, though. Now I'm using 4 PSN accounts, so much to manage.

sephi22

Some easy counter strategies:

Deathstroke Sword spin: Just block it. Deathstrokes like to do it on wakeup. You should ideally get a full combo punish. If that's too hard for you, just sweep (down+3).

Deathstroke guns: Outzone with Aquaman, reflect/absorb with Raven, or just plain old dash and block, dash and block, dash and block.

Doomsday meteor smash: When you see him go up, hold b+3 and meterburn, absorb the hit, get a wallbounce, convert to full combo.

Raven gravity squeeze: .....??? Shit is too good.

Wow. I would've noticed that if I was still in Dubai.
Does the game itself say Gods on the main menu or not?

And you can just make a UK account and redeem your code from there

NEO0MJ

Wow. I would've noticed that if I was still in Dubai.
Does the game itself say Gods on the main menu or not?

And you can just make a UK account and redeem your code from there

The game in the disc seems to be the same, and has the "gods among us" subtitle.

vg260

For you guys using stick, how is your button layout? Can't seem to find anything really comfortable right now.

I have Madcatz and I do this:

L M H interact
meter stance power throw

I find this works best since you can use L+M for interacting, L+H for throw (kinda weird)or just hit the throw button w/ your pinky pretty easily without moving your hand much at all. Supers are also easy to do by just hitting meter+stance (A&B) buttons.

I'm going by only a little play and by memory so hope I got that right

For you guys using stick, how is your button layout? Can't seem to find anything really comfortable right now.

same here and im on the Hori EX2 so I only have the 6 main buttons and not 8...I did not know throw is also L+H so that is fantastic, I might move my throw button

now i am thinking about changing it to

L, M, Meter
H, Special, Switch Stance
and just put throw and interact on the top 2 buttons since they are hard to use and just get used to using 2 buttons for throw and interact, this might help since im just learning a stick and less buttons to worry about, ill just forget about the 2 up top if this works out

shaowebb

This link holds all the layout info you will ever need

Seriously...its awesome. I was having layout comfort problems as well till I went through this and browsed some of his stuff and read how they work. Friggin' perfect is what I'd call it now. Im using this layout now since its comfy for throws and meter burn. Throw is highlighted in the image. Fairly similar to my KoF XIII layout.
9.95 awesome layout said:

This link holds all the layout info you will ever need

Seriously...its awesome. I was having layout comfort problems as well till I went through this and browsed some of his stuff and read how they work. Friggin' perfect is what I'd call it now. Im using this layout now since its comfy for throws and meter burn. Throw is highlighted in the image. Fairly similar to my KoF XIII layout.

Great pic, thanks, this is exactly what i plan on changing mine to today, funny that you posted the same exact set up right after my post. I am pretty dumb, did not know throw and interact could be triggered by a 2 button press instead of the dedicated button, lol. this set up makes it very easy to do those 2 combos and for me less buttons to worry about is a good thing

*just read the link, good stuff and i feel a lot better about trying to learn a stick for this game!!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok I know there is a way to deal with DS's zoning/spam, but I refuse to do it, till they nerf that little bitch. I've yet to play any DS player that doesn't just jump back into the corner and just shoot. Not going to play matches crouching all day. I know it works for them, but why would you want to win like that? As soon as I see a player pic him, I back out the session. Screw you guys. Again I've won some matches against these little hoes, it just makes for annoying matches.

agreed

So whats with the people on miiverse saying that Injustice looks better on Wii U? I doubt it, I'm sure it look around the same as the other console counterparts...right?

Kizer

Ok I know there is a way to deal with DS's zoning/spam, but I refuse to do it, till they nerf that little bitch. I've yet to play any DS player that doesn't just jump back into the corner and just shoot. Not going to play matches crouching all day. I know it works for them, but why would you want to win like that? As soon as I see a player pic him, I back out the session. Screw you guys. Again I've won some matches against these little hoes, it just makes for annoying matches.

I really hope they don't nerf him. Making a character less viable to cater to those who don't want to learn how to deal with him isn't the right way to go about things.

I don't even play deathstroke

vg260

I really hope they don't nerf him. Making a character less viable to cater to those who don't want to learn how to deal with him isn't the right way to go about things.

I haven't played one online yet, but it depends on how bad it is and the risk & skill level of doing that, I would think.

Top Bottom