• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE Review Thread (Playdead's new game, devs of Limbo)

bunkitz

Well shit. I knew us PlayStation users would be missing out. Oh well, it's on Steam anyway. Just gotta find out if my PC can handle it...

_Legacy_

Very gutted not to have started playing this last night, I was immediately cheered up when I found out Banner Saga 2 will be free on GWG in July, hell yeah.

I went from not knowing about this to wanting to buy it in a span of like ten minutes. Not sure if I want it on the Xbox or on my PC, though...

Damn, Limbo wasn't all that beyond the art style, and it was super short, too.
Glad to see this is better.

Mmh....are you aware that the PS3 and XBox360 metacritic was 90 with ravish reviews?
I don't see how this should look all that better for you, just basing off reviews

Stoze

Mmh....are you aware that the PS3 and XBox360 metacritic was 90 with ravish reviews?
I don't see how this should look all that better for you, just basing off reviews

Just because they have similar metascores doesn't mean INSIDE can't be drastically better, in fact that's what a lot of the reviews and early impressions have been stating.

FYI, this game is a masterpiece. If you have any interest in it, don't read a single line of any review. Just go in blind and immerse yourself in the experience.

Stoze

FYI, this game is a masterpiece. If you have any interest in it, don't read a single line of any review. Just go in blind and immerse yourself in the experience.

Damn you already beat it Orbital?

Yeah I haven't seen any footage except the trailers and have only read some review synopses posted on here and metacritic. The wait for next week will be hard...

Damn you already beat it Orbital?

Yeah I haven't seen any footage except the trailers and have only read some review synopses posted on here and metacritic. The wait for next week will be hard...

Finished it in two sittings, only separated by around 15 minutes to eat some breakfast.

It's...incredible. I hope people will take my advice and go in completely blind. I'm so incredibly happy I knew almost nothing about the game before playing.

Finished it in two sittings, only separated by around 15 minutes to eat some breakfast.

It's...incredible. I hope people will take my advice and go in completely blind. I'm so incredibly happy I knew almost nothing about the game before playing.
Would you say just seeing trailers is blind enough? The trailers, the screenshots on Playdead's site, and about 30 seconds of the opening is all I've seen

Along with the sound, I've found the visuals to be outstanding. Whereas Limbo had a diorama effect going on with the fore and background, the way this game looks like an evolution of that. It really feels like a panned out camera tracking the player moving through a 3D environment. Image quality is super clean also.

I'll be shocked if this isn't my game of the year. Played it in one sitting today - I magically had a day off - and it's incredible. An astonishing achievement, and genuinely like nothing else I've played. (I mean, the mechanics are familiar, but the plot and stuff... Crikey.)

I'll be shocked if this isn't my game of the year. Played it in one sitting today - I magically had a day off - and it's incredible. An astonishing achievement, and genuinely like nothing else I've played. (I mean, the mechanics are familiar, but the plot and stuff... Crikey.)
Sounds like one of gaming's best examples of "execution elevates". Running around, climbing, jumping, pushing and pulling things, has been done countless times. But not like this

Wow, I just finished it. This game turns into something unlike anything I've ever played...

Fantastic job, Playdead, I'm quite literally speechless.

Sounds like one of gaming's best examples of "execution elevates". Running around, climbing, jumping, pushing and pulling things, has been done countless times. But not like this

Yup. There's a sense of weight to everything that's absolutely ideal. It's a physics platformer, sort of, in that there are physics puzzles; but they're not overplayed. Often you'll only see physics used twice: once to teach you a trick, then another time to get you to expand upon that trick in an inventive way. And the running, jumping... It's incredible. Given that you basically hold Right for 80% of the game's run time (while doing other things, of course, but you know) there isn't a moment I didn't savour or love.

I don't often think things should be called perfect, as they rarely are. But if you asked me now how I would improve on this game? I honestly couldn't tell you.

Dennis

Banned
lol wut this is a Danish game?

I didn't even know that.

Look at those scores, other nations developers are you even trying?

ccharla

The way that they use established gameplay mechanics -- and the sheer amount of custom animations for when things happen (or go wrong) -- is just outstanding.

Frobary

xKvGfKK.jpg

letaros

The wait (PC) is killing me. I mean even when we didnt have any news for the game i always checked their twitter once a month. Limbo is in my top-10 all time favorite games. But those user reviews here and in metacritic? My God.

Love you Playdead. And love you more for not teasing us a few months ago about the release date and you just announced it half a month before it, and without xbox time exclusive as it was supposed to be.

Top Bottom