• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE Review Thread (Playdead's new game, devs of Limbo)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Nope....a bit over 9 and a half hours as of this posting. The release date was 12:01 AM ET for the past week but it's just been moved to 6:00 AM ET for some reason. Sucks!
I bought it today for some midnight play. Who shit the bed? Microsoft or Playdead?

Seth

Possibly popped into here to see if anything could sway his opinion or get him excited about it. I doubt he came by just to talk shit or anything.

Basically this. There tons of games like this (i guess by "this" i mean indie), feel like im missing out not being able to enjoy any of them. Not that i haven't been trying. But seeing something like this get a ton pf perfect and high scores and being unable to find any interest in it at all feels strange.

Basically this. There tons of games like this (i guess by "this" i mean indie), feel like im missing out not being able to enjoy any of them. Not that i haven't been trying. But seeing something like this get a ton pf perfect and high scores and being unable to find any interest in it at all feels strange.
Have you played Limbo?

And it's always a matter of personal taste. Nothing strange about that. Like I'm probably the indie guy here (it's either me or Toma) and I just couldn't get into Undertale and Stardew Valley does absolutely nothing for me

Never take a review score as a metric of how much you will or should like something. There are movies/games that got bad reviews that I enjoy and others that were acclaimed that just didn't click with me, even though I could appreciate the craft.

Seth

Have you played Limbo?

And it's always a matter of personal taste. Nothing strange about that. Like I'm probably the indie guy here (it's either me or Toma) and I just couldn't get into Undertale and Stardew Valley does absolutely nothing for me

Never take a review score as a metric of how much you will or should like something. There are movies/games that got bad reviews that I enjoy and others that were acclaimed that just didn't click with me, even though I could appreciate the craft.

I did give it a try. I didn't put very much time into it. It wasn't bad or anything, and I liked the visual style of it. But it just wasn't something I could see myself paying for and playing through completely.

I did enjoy Braid and played quite a bit of it, but still never finished it. I just tend to lose interest fairly quickly after the initial "oh this is different" or "the visual elements are pretty nice".

I definitely appreciate what they are and the people that make them, although i can't seem to enjoy playing them.

I did give it a try. I didn't put very much time into it. It wasn't bad or anything, and I liked the visual style of it. But it just wasn't something I could see myself paying for and playing through completely.

I did enjoy Braid and played quite a bit of it, but still never finished it. I just tend to lose interest fairly quickly after the initial "oh this is different" or "the visual elements are pretty nice".

I definitely appreciate what they are and the people that make them, although i can't seem to enjoy playing them.

It's a shame you can't enjoy these types of games, but that's a common enough sentiment.

For me, I've had a lot of time for "arty" platformer games since I played Another World at release and was blown away by how stylish and immersive it was. Those style of games all but died out for over a decade until they could be supported by the "indie" model.

It's a shame you can't enjoy these types of games, but that's a common enough sentiment.

For me, I've had a lot of time for "arty" platformer games since I played Another World at release and was blown away by how stylish and immersive it was. Those style of games all but died out for over a decade until they could be supported by the "indie" model.
The genre name is cinematic platformer, and they're certainly making a comeback. There's a fantastic open-world cyberpunk one in development, and quite a few others

Montresor

The genre name is cinematic platformer, and they're certainly making a comeback. There's a fantastic open-world cyberpunk one in development, and quite a few others

What do you think of Monochroma? It just came out on XB1 and has been on PC since 2014 I believe. I've been debating whether or not I should get it.

Cinematic platformer... yeah, that sounds about right!

The resurgence has been going on for a while now, and I couldn't be happier. I wonder if Eric Chahi would ever consider making a game of this style again?

3rJToIG.jpg

CyberFireX

Neo Member
It still says 12:01 AM EST on my Xbox
I didn't want to post this in case I was wrong, but it still says 12:01 on my xboxone as well as the xbox.com store page. Does the tweet take precedence over these two store page displays? I'm guessing it does unfortunately =(.

Montresor

I didn't want to post this in case I was wrong, but it still says 12:01 on my xboxone as well as the xbox.com store page. Does the tweet take precedence over these two store page displays? I'm guessing it does unfortunately =(.

Well achievements aren't even up yet for this game (from what I can see). So I doubt it'll be playable within the hour.

Well achievements aren't even up yet for this game (from what I can see). So I doubt it'll be playable within the hour.

I'm on the XB1 store page right now:

"This product is installed. Available on 6/29/2016 at 6:00:00 AM"

For what it's worth, I'm in the preview program and the store layout is a bit different. It may not have updated to the correct time for non-preview members.

C4Lukins

Wish i could be excited for games like this. But honestly it couldn't interest me any less.

You and the guy/gal waiting for the Vita version are my favorite two peoples in this thread. Just total insanity.

Just total lack of any context.

Tall Paul

Playdead tweeted last night: INSIDE is live on Xbox One at precisely 10am UTC, June 29 in all territories. We have misleading info on the net regarding the release time.

So that puts it at 11:00am on Wed uk time I think.

AV Club
With one strange little game, Limbo, the developers at Playdead emerged as flag-bearers for this ethos, masters of minimalism and mood. Inside, the team’s long-gestating second release, finds the Danish studio digging deeper into the same rich earth that birthed its debut and returning with a game that’s even more disturbing but no less deft in its constraint

Top Bottom