• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: New Exclusive Details on the Next Battlefield

Draugoth

Gold Member
battlefield-concept.webp

https://insider-gaming.com/exclusive-new-details-on-the-next-battlefield-game/
  • Ripple Effect's "new experience" will be a free to play BR mode as Tom previously leaked
  • Game takes place between 2027 and 2030, with the campaign focused on a massive private military going up against NATO
  • The game will be set in various locations worldwide, including Gibraltar (as seen in the game’s first released concept art) and the USA, which is also believed to be the setting for the Battle Royale experience (tropical location).
  • 45 weapons at launch
  • 10 multiplayer maps at launch
  • SIGNIFICANT overhaul to destruction, including caliber based destruction (like R6 Siege)
  • Changes to movement, including the ability to pick up and move downed teammates
  • Name will either be Battlefield or Battlefield 6
  • The large community testing starting early next year might be the return of something like Battlefield CTE

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job

So what’s new? Following our original report and the recent confirmation of those details, we wanted to dive into some of the nitty-gritty details that players might want to hear. To start, let’s focus on the core of the game. Insider Gaming understands that the game will take place somewhere between 2027 and 2030, with the campaign focused on a massive private military going up against NATO. The game will be set in various locations worldwide, including Gibraltar (as seen in the game’s first released concept art) and the USA, which is also believed to be the setting for the Battle Royale experience (tropical location).

But let’s cut to the chase and talk multiplayer. The aim is currently for 45 different weapons on launch, double that of what Battlefield 2042’s core multiplayer experience launched with. In addition, the goal is for around 10 multiplayer maps, putting it in line with the likes of Battlefield 1, 3, and 4.

The game will also see a significant overhaul to its destruction and while I couldn’t verify if this means the return of levolution, over half a dozen sources mentioned that the game would have caliber-based destruction, akin to Rainbow 6 Siege, with different calibers causing different amounts of destruction. It’s also understood that the game will see some changes to movement, with one example given by multiple sources the ability to pick up and move downed players. While this has almost certainly been incorporated for the Battle Royale experience, it’s been implied that this is all of the changes and is a part of the team’s “Battlefield moments” initiative to bring back the moments that made Battlefield… well… Battlefield.

I’ve also been told that the team is currently weighing up the name of the game. Over the past year or so, the team has been carrying out mass surveys (some of the biggest I’ve heard about), with participants voting on which game name they prefer: Battlefield or Battlefield 6. So, fingers crossed, we might not have to wait long until that is officially announced.

Last edited:

XXL

This is all sounding sooooo good to me.

I saw this earlier today too (kind of related).

They seem to be using some sort of AI system that is going to allow us to make our own maps and change rules instantly.

Flabagast

Are you telling me they need one year of work to decide if they want to call their game « Battlefied » or « Battlefield 6 »??? WTF guys ?

How much these people are paid for Christ’s sake ?

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Are you telling me they need one year of work to decide if they want to call their game « Battlefied » or « Battlefield 6 »??? WTF guys ?

How much these people are paid for Christ’s sake ?

Battlefield 6 makes sense to me. Similar to the other modern-oriented Battlefield naming (3, 4)

Last edited:

Xtib81

Not much info tbf. 10 maps at launch would be nice though. They also need to think about post launch content with lots of maps added regularly. Post launch content in BF2042 has been abysmal.

Branded

That destruction sounds like they're taking a page out of The Finals' book at least.

Let's hope it's up to par with their destruction physics (or just rehire them back lol).

Mossybrew

Sounds good but the game is a ways out so none of this really matters to me. I'll care once we get closer to an actual game releasing.

Dictattor

Zampella feels more safe and confident than previous clowns. Let's wait and see what they cook.

Last edited:

BigLee74

Battlefield 2042 was the first Battlefield I never bought (every other one day 1).

Get back to roots and I’m back in.

Holammer

NATO fighting a PMC? What an utterly silly premise. But on the other hand, fight China or Russia and the game will face bans. Accusations of Russo/Sino-phobia will plague the discussion surrounding the game. Plus, it's the current year!

Also, how else could you have a near peer opponent to NATO? Players can't suspend disbelief to the point where they can accept Russian gear being the equivalent of NATO's 90's stuff even if it is for game balance reasons.
A PMC appearing out of nowhere in the coming six years is muuuuuch easier to swallow.

Top Bottom