• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands - Post-apocalyptic kung-fu meets steampunk western - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.......I keep seeing this thread getting bumped to the top of the page......is this show any good then?
I find the story interesting, but the real draw here is the action. If you like top-notch movie-level fight choreography, this is the show for you

Skyrim

Banned
That Sunny vs Widow fight scene as they go down the list of weapons. LOL
Widow spinning those morning stars. hot

that Force Push product placement.

Edit: how the fuck is the Baron down there I thought he was too busy looking over the Natalie Dormer look alike

DominoKid

It's actually weird how dominant Sunny is like no one has touched him in one on ones except Dark M.K.

i mean they did say he was the baddest Clipper around with more bodies than anyone. he's your favorite Clipper's favorite Clipper. of course he's giving everybody that work.

shoreu

i mean they did say he was the baddest Clipper around with more bodies than anyone. he's your favorite Clipper's favorite Clipper. of course he's giving everybody that work.

I want to see sunny VS dark M.K. Fuck all those powers sunny can still take him.

This show is so fun to watch. But its making the other shows I watch less exciting because the fight scenes are about 200x better on ItB.

Amazing fight scene between Sunny and the Widow. I love that beat when she looks at the twin flails and smiles, and that shot of her swinging them is somehow oddly sexy. But some weird continuity things going on here...

1. Tilda is a highly-trained assassin. But suddenly she's getting kicked around by a Clipper-in-training?
2. Quinn? Shouldn't he be trying to save his new, now-probably-poisoned wife? Instead he has time to stroll down to the dungeon for no reason.

Bandit1

Fight between Sunny and the Widow was awesome. Sunny with that kick taking her through the wall yo! And so did Quinn's first wife poison his new wife? That was my first thought, probably won't know for sure until next week.

It will be interesting to see what plays out next week. Surely somebody's gonna die.

Aiustis

Just started this show.
I want to like it but I find everyone but the lead and the Baron's wife irritating in the wrong way.

Like the fight scenes.

Really loving this show so far. Interesting story, characters and the fight scenes are awesome. Nothing else quite like it on TV.

Agree completely. I'm only up till episode 3, but I'm loving it so far.

Even the prostitutes know kung fu.

This is a weird comment. It seemed pretty clear, that she was a spy for the Widow. One of her daughters in fact (though I think that's how she refers to her inner circle, I don't think she was her actual biological daughter right? The Widow looks too young for that). In any case it makes sense she'd be at around Matilda's level.

I don't know why they waited until after the trap went to shit to extract her though. I would have done it right away.

Also Quinn vs The Widow was fucking awesome.

Platy

I only saw the first episode and came here expecting reasons to come back and ... this thread is dangerously low on gifs =P

Sunny vs Widow seemed like an homage to the Shu-Lien vs Jen fight in CTHD.

But nowhere near as good, unfortunately. This trend that the last couple of episodes have been following of having the fight scenes intercut with other scenes really spoils the flow. Once the fighting starts I want to stick with it until it's finished, not cut between what could be a rad fight and MK's girlfriend being inexplicably helpless against some random ear-less schmuck. You need to see the whole fight from start to finish in one go, otherwise it's just a jumble of unrelated two-or three-move scenes.

Remember when this show had two big fights per episode? Those were the days. That finale better deliver.

Ledhead

Weren't they talking about nightshade or something growing in the poppy fields? I suppose Quinn's wife could of gathered some there to poison the wife-to-be. Also, GODDAMN at that widow vs sunny fight. The kick through the wall was too good

Asbel

Amazing fight scene between Sunny and the Widow. I love that beat when she looks at the twin flails and smiles, and that shot of her swinging them is somehow oddly sexy. But some weird continuity things going on here...

1. Tilda is a highly-trained assassin. But suddenly she's getting kicked around by a Clipper-in-training?
2. Quinn? Shouldn't he be trying to save his new, now-probably-poisoned wife? Instead he has time to stroll down to the dungeon for no reason.

Could be a twist and the new wife poisons herself, but not fatally, to pin a murder attempt on the old wife.

And I guess Quinn heard the fighting and came down to check?
Don't know about Tilda. Didn't think she was hurt before the clipper beat her.

DominoKid

1. that's really the only issue i have with the show so far. i guess you could say she basically a clipper in training too though?

2. she just a tool for him. he don't really care about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom