• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands - Post-apocalyptic kung-fu meets steampunk western - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't Sunny will do a fatality on MK

he might tricked the Old Man, but the name of the show is Into the Badlands so Sunny not getting out

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I preferred to watch The Player with Wesley Snipes but since that show is over is it worth jumping in?

Do you like Kung-Fu?

If yes: Yes.
If no, my story is more important: Stay FAR FAR away because the story is pretty ass-y. It's improving, but I'm still in the "just get me to the next damn fight scene" camp.

Frog-fu

Banned
7 minutes in.

Widow sucks and the kid playing MK is really fucking awful. I can't stand watching prentend to train on the wooden post. He's literally just doing the same exact thing and it's far from convincing.

golem

7 minutes in.

Widow sucks and the kid playing MK is really fucking awful. I can't stand watching prentend to train on the wooden post. He's literally just doing the same exact thing and it's far from convincing.

MK needs to get clipped. Hopefully the show runners are hearing our feedback about how the character has been written so far

7 minutes in.

How exactly do you practice a move without doing it over and over?

tumblr_nxg8z3QE451ukfvayo1_400.gif

Frog-fu

Banned
lol Sunny getting caught off guard and knocked the fuck out with one hit. For shame.

MK needs to go or be recast.

DominoKid

MK needs to get clipped. Hopefully the show runners are hearing our feedback about how the character has been written so far

lmao theyre not gonna kill MK. hes the most important character in this unless they just ditch the Journey to the West framework.

Do you like Kung-Fu?

If yes: Yes.
If no, my story is more important: Stay FAR FAR away because the story is pretty ass-y. It's improving, but I'm still in the "just get me to the next damn fight scene" camp.

Oh yes I love Kung Fu that's for sure

I'm at the point where I just hate everything MK does. He's the worst. Even his kung fu barks on the Wing Chun dummy are just so grating to my ears. UH UH! UH UH!

Only one big fight this week, and it didn't really light my fire. Too much cutting between assorted scuffles, not enough of Sunny facing off against Bad Bitch Baron with the blonde eyelashes; she's the best. If they start focusing more on the story than the fight scenes I'm going to be gone so fast :p

Ruruja

Kinda disappointed MK didn't produce a super saiyan aura when Tilda cut him.

Maybe something to look forward to.

Thought this was the weakest episode yet, needs more fightin'.

Sunny's going to go for the throat slit or decap and MK's going to be all like

tumblr_liqkzbnr5d1qzgah3o1_500.gif

I bet he's like the Hulk. The thing inside him won't let him die.

Bandit1

When the River King started telling Sunny about those people being slaughtered and it showed the blood everywhere I knew it was going to be MK! The River King wants MK, the Widow wants MK, everybody wants MK.

Sunny needs to just decapitate MK, give his head to the River King and get out!

TheOddOne

- Rumor: ‘Into The Badlands’ Renewed For Second Season.
According to a recent post on EP and lead actor Daniel Wu (Sunny) Facebook page suggests Into The Badlands has been renewed for a second season. This would not come as a surprise to us given the shows solid ratings, kick ass fight scenes and intriguing story line that features a diverse cast both in race and gender.

No official confirmation has come from the cast or AMC yet, but this has been up 5 hours and not taken down so that is a good sign.

Kaladin

So what is the general consensus from Gaf? I'm trying not to read too much of the thread to avoid spoilers, but post apocalyptic martial arts sounds down my alley if done right.

Ricker

Not a bad show but I just hate Marton Csokas's acting...I also hated him in Rogue,he overacts too much I feel.

Pepiope

I think MK's character will progress as seasons go on. We all hate him now, but once he learns more from Sunny he will be fine.

Not a bad show but I just hate Marton Csokas's acting...I also hated him in Rogue,he overacts too much I feel.

You mean Baron Foghorn Leghorn? His scenery chewing is all that's getting me through the non-action scenes. The show needs more people hamming it up like him, everyone else is just doing the usual grim, serious business stuff like they don't live in a world where everyone knows kung fu and sick fight scenes break out all the time.

I think MK's character will progress as seasons go on. We all hate him now, but once he learns more from Sunny he will be fine.

Unless Sunny teaches him to show up one day played by a different actor, I don't see MK getting much better :p

Well, if anyone doubts the power of the Walking Dead lead in they really shouldn't. 2.46 demo for this last week, 1.06 demo this week.

That's a crazy drop.

Frog-fu

Banned
Next season needs to start with MK getting merked and dying. Hell, Alien 3 this shit and have Sunny go on alone. Shackling him to a love interest and child this early, while a good motivator, is really just hurting the show the way it's implemented.

Ricker

You mean Baron Foghorn Leghorn? His scenery chewing is all that's getting me through the non-action scenes. The show needs more people hamming it up like him, everyone else is just doing the usual grim, serious business stuff like they don't live in a world where everyone knows kung fu and sick fight scenes break out all the time.

Yeah,good point lol,maybe I'll try and appreciate his acting more ...

Next season needs to start with MK getting merked and dying. Hell, Alien 3 this shit and have Sunny go on alone. Shackling him to a love interest and child this early, while a good motivator, is really just hurting the show the way it's implemented.

I like the love interest, but MK is the worst.

I'd be cool with her and Sunny breaking up, and she being her own character though.

Volimar

Wonder if Quinn will put the moves on her and she'll refuse him leading to him killing her and Sunny going for revenge.

aku:jiki

lmao theyre not gonna kill MK. hes the most important character in this unless they just ditch the Journey to the West framework.
Yeah, some strong wishful thinking up in this thread. The actor is goddamn terrible but he's the saiyan magic chosen one that has the spirit of kung fu living in him or some shit, and he's the only link to the mcguffin city they're going to chase. The character is never dying, Sunny's dying before he does.

I was really disappointed in the casting for the River King too, dude felt more goofy than serious, and I'm really starting to hate how Sunny's girlfriend has the least emotive face I've ever seen. Literally only her lower lip moves when she "acts". I feel like most of the crew is on point on this show, but the casting director has been fucking up pretty badly.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode is tonight!

Snake Creeps Down

As Sunny secures his escape from the Fort, Quinn grows suspicious. Meanwhile, The Widow's decisions set her on a collision course with Sunny and M.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom