• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands |S2| Live Action Anime w/ Chi Warrior Megazord | Sundays on AMC

Monkey King? I'd think that would be Sunny --> Sun Wukong

MK's the monk, Xuanzang

I'm thinking MK is Wukong (kid with super powers), Sunny is Sanzang (team leader). And Bajie is... Well... Zhu Bajie, lol. Least that one's obvious. Still waiting for who's repping Sha Wujing though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD Ratings

Season 1

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

Season 2

Episode 1 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 3.1 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating

Bandit1

Fight between Sunny and Nathaniel was pretty sweet. I really liked Nathaniel's sword, can't wait to see Sunny use it on some fools.

Renpatsu

What are those rings for tho...
Not an expert, but from what I understand the rings in a Chinese broadsword were, at one time, weighted so as to give extra chopping power from the broadsword in a way that could only otherwise possible by making the entire blade heavy.

Some other explanations posited are that the rings catch the tips of swords and spears, are used for trapping or delaying the opponents weapon during a parry or used as a method of distraction during a fight.

Of course given all that it could also just be heavily ornamental.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not an expert, but from what I understand the rings in a Chinese broadsword were, at one time, weighted so as to give extra chopping power from the broadsword in a way that could only otherwise possible by making the entire blade heavy.

Some other explanations posited are that the rings catch the tips of swords and spears, are used for trapping or delaying the opponents weapon during a parry or used as a method of distraction during a fight.

Of course given all that it could also just be heavily ornamental.

Very interesting! Thanks!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Palm of the Iron Fox

The Widow's fight for power puts her in an epic showdown with her enemies who have joined forces against her. Meanwhile, an old threat resurfaces.

dabig2

I'm excited for baron fights. Hope they don't go out like punk ass bitches like Jacobi. Seriously, all he did was get sent through a wall and he's now dead? WTF? What happened to that strong blonde cutie regent who wanted Sunny's dick? She dead too after getting sent flying alittle? What a disappointment. Hope the others don't fail as hard.

Heh, she's probably going to regret missing that, serves her right though.

Time to see what he's up to. Oh my! This should be interesting, looks like he's in position to kick this off.

Damn, how she didn't know about that locked door? She should've took the black man's keys while he was knocked out. One of them is probably for that lock.

Top Bottom