• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the Moto X Style (phone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New002

So... What do we do?

Well I'll tell you what we're not gonna do...

tumblr_lh38uiAZHO1qcsj4k.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I need a sub-400 dollar phone pronto. I need it to last 3 years. What do people generally think about Motorola and OnePlus build quality?

GCX

The battery of my current phone is quickly becoming obsolete. I'm waiting for this to come out (in Europe) but Moto isn't really making it easy.

Heads up Moto X Style waiters, pre-orders go up Tomorrow.
Check the Motorola Official Twitter. Cant link, at work.

ah.

i have $180 left with sprint. so that would be $399 + tax + $180 to get out of contract lol. i'll buy the phone and just sit on it for awhile.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
This actually looks like a decent candidate to replace my Nexus 5 with. I've only had it a year but the battery is just killing me.

jwk94

If you guys want to get ahead of the pack with Moto Maker, I'd go make your phone with the Moto G 2015 since they're nearly identical.

KeRaSh

Apparently there's a Moto X Force coming later this year. Seems like a best of both worls version between the Play and the Style. 5.5" screen (Style's screen is too big for my taste), a battery that's even bigger than the one in the Moto Play and it seems to be way more durable. Oh, an it also comes with a qHD display.

I just got my Moto X Play a few days ago but if the price is right I might even consider switching again. Someone in my family will surely take the Play off my hands...

Lexxism

Apparently there's a Moto X Force coming later this year. Seems like a best of both worls version between the Play and the Style. 5.5" screen (Style's screen is too big for my taste), a battery that's even bigger than the one in the Moto Play and it seems to be way more durable. Oh, an it also comes with a qHD display.

I just got my Moto X Play a few days ago but if the price is right I might even consider switching again. Someone in my family will surely take the Play off my hands...
Wow. Bigger battery than Moto X Play? I really hope the price is around Play. I definitely will consider a phone with more than 3600 mah.

RS4-

Battery life so good. But yeah, if there's something between the Play and Pure, I'll probably get it.

But man...dat ashy gray Pure.

Still feeling uncertain on my color combo, but thinking:

Black front / white back / black trim / red accent.

I'm concerned the white back might get dirty easily though.

The red leather is also tempting.

I wish you could tell Moto a set of colors you'd be okay with and have them surprise you.

Troy

Banned
So, which one do you guys think it's better:

Zen Phone 2 or Moto X Play?

Do you want a phone full of a fuck-ton of bloatware with a battery life that lasts a couple of hours? If so, get the Zen. Otherwise you want the X Play.

lt519

That can happen that quick?

Did when I got my Nexus 5, moto 360, and the Moto G 2GB was out within the day. I was about to order that last one, kind of glad I waited.

People are pumped about these off contract phones with high specs and mid range pricing. 3pm is lunch time on the west coast and the website is already slowing down. Probably just being paranoid but the Nexus 5 selling out so fast was eye opening. This is basically the two year renewal phone most Nexus 5 owners are looking at since Google abandoned the mid price phone.

Got mine ordered.

16GB, Deep Sea Blue, black front champagne accent.

Estimated delivery is the 15th.

Kind of disappointed they didn't have the option to add a case or turbo charger like last year's.

The 16GB has SD card support right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom