• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the Moto X Style (phone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Aaaaaaaaaaargh why do you hate Canada, Moto?

I dunno man, it feels like a lot of companies hate Canada sometimes. We're like a bastard stepchild.

I'm hearing that it might not come to Canada at all. I would look to get one from the States but that kind of negates the value aspect because of the stupid Loonie.

I dunno man, it feels like a lot of companies hate Canada sometimes. We're like a bastard stepchild.

I'm hearing that it might not come to Canada at all. I would look to get one from the States but that kind of negates the value aspect because of the stupid Loonie.

An unlocked Play costs about the same in Canada as a Pure Edition in the States, counting for the exchange rate.

Which is garbage.

I was able to customize through Moto Maker, and the phone was listed as In Stock, but when I'd checkout, it keeps saying "One or more items in your cart is unavailable." So, it's sold out, then?

Whats the return policy like on these from Motorola...? I've never bought a phone straight from the manufacturer...

Check the customer service area or something.
I know for sure you have 14 days after receiving it to exchange or return.

30 days to buy the extra moto care if you want it.

SMattera

The Verge review seems fair but it basically comes down to this

64GB Moto X $499
64GB Galaxy Note 5 $849 (varies slightly based on carrier)

You get wireless charging, a better camera, Samsung Pay, Samsung VR, a fingerprint scanner, slightly faster processor, the S Pen, and a metal/glass body. But you also lose the SD card and have to deal with TouchWiz and carrier bloat. Is the trade worth spending almost twice as much?

lt519

God damnit, I called it, already out of stock for the color/combo I want apparently.

You jinxed me Guy you don't kill

KissVibes

Banned
So the camera sucks again? Goddamn Motorola. You almost had me for two phones. Guess I'll wait until the G5 hits to rid myself of this POS Moto X 2013.

SMattera

Looking at sample images and it seems to be taking worse pictures than the G4. Verge review also talks about how overly sharp it gets. Sounds like another Moto dud to me.

It's "good enough" like the rest of the phone.

With Moto, you're never going to get top-of-the-line hardware. If you want that, look elsewhere.

Their strategy for the last couple of years has been to sell 6-12 month old hardware slight above budget price and distinguish it with Moto Maker and pure Android.

lt519

Whelp got the 16GB Black from Amazon, really wanted that slate...Probably just end up getting a slate flip cover anyway.

Have 5% off with my Discover IT card anyway, so meh

My order finally went through!

Memory - 32GB GB

Back - Deep Sea Blue

Front - Black / Black

Trim - Metallic Dark Titanium Gray

Greeting - MY LORD FREDERICK!

Ended up cancelling my first order and reordered to get 32GB. Now the shipping date is pushed back by 10 days. Oh well. Worth it to wait 10 days than to regret getting one I didn't want.

DAT Cognac leather.

FZZ

Banned
Ended up cancelling my first order and reordered to get 32GB. Now the shipping date is pushed back by 10 days. Oh well. Worth it to wait 10 days than to regret getting one I didn't want.

DAT Cognac leather.

How did you cancel I think I am gonna do the same for the college discount

Wtf is there any way you can apply this to a recently placed order?

Fuuuuck. As a college student this would be super duper helpful lol.

Don't think so. You could try support, but it's probably easier to just place a second order and cancel the first one.

Asturie

I've been trying to place an order for this for the last 30 minutes. Create everything and says its in stock, and then when I click the final confirm button it just says an item is no longer available. Tried 16 and 32GB versions with various color schemes :(

FZZ

Banned
Alright called in and canceled the order placed a new one and used the promo code to save $25 bucks. Even though the offer says $50 lol

Anyways I'll take what I can get. Luckily I got the same estimated shipping date.

Edit: This order keeps on giving me a broken image rather than a picture of the phone though. Hopefully it doesn't fuck up my order. The description is correct for all the stuff I wanted.

I love the button placement of the LG G3 as I can use a case without it fucking up the buttons. If I move on to a Moto X Pure with a Otterbox case, I am afraid it will be hard to turn on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom